Page 1 of 3

Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:16 am
by Blurrz
That's correct, we're not even six months away from the third Transformers live-action film, and we might just have our first look at one of the figures that will be in it's toy line. If you've been following the Dark of the Moon gossip, you'll know that Bumblebee's Camaro alternate mode will now feature a spoiler. Primus knows what ever that thing is on the top of Bumblebee, if it's going to be included with the figure, or is something completely random. Rest assured, this is likely to be a figure from the DOTM toyline. If you're thinking anything but Deluxe class, notice the crevices match up with the latest Movie Deluxe Bumblebee (Battle Blade Bumblebee), pictured below for comparison. So Transformers fans, speculate, speculate, speculate!

Image
Image

(Courtesy of Yahoo Japan member Nihaohuwen)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 am
by chrisc4
looks like bb bumblebee, they both have their feet sticking out.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 am
by morphobots
I don't know why, but that thing on his roof/windshield seems suspiciously like an old Action Master transforming partner to me. Which I don't necessarily consider a good thing. Let the gimmicks race begin anew. #-o

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 am
by Valandar
DOTM Targetmaster Bumblebee?

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:14 am
by vwpbl
perhaps bumblee will be joining the ranks of the gestault's and is now somebody's foot a la power core combiners? *shudder*

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:27 am
by Rated X
Another Bumblebee repaint ???

Let me name him : Spoiler Turbo Boost Power Turd Bumblebee

It's just got that Hasbro feel, doesent it ???

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:27 am
by craggy
its a robot tumour

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 am
by Midnight_Fox
craggy wrote:its a robot tumour


It's nawt a tumah!

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 am
by Stockade
Not impressed..........yet

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:10 am
by DISCHARGE
Looks nice w/ the spoiler and the bright yellow. I may actually get this, although I mostly stayed away from BB from the ROTF line, he looked so cheap.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 am
by vtechfan
anyone else see a net? on his window

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 am
by T-Macksimus
Midnight_Fox wrote:
craggy wrote:its a robot tumour


It's nawt a tumah!

lol :lol:


morphobots wrote:I don't know why, but that thing on his roof/windshield seems suspiciously like an old Action Master transforming partner to me...


Now that you mention it, with the exception of the very front tip of the thing, it reminds me a lot of Skyfall's rhino/gun partner Top heavy. (at least I think that was its name. It's been a long time and I'm too lazy to look it up right now)
The thing does appear to have jointed areas so I'm guessing that it at least expands. I doubt it has a full blown alt mode like a Target Master but considering the stuff Hasbro has been throwing out there lately, Movie line or not it could very well be a Target or Action Master partner. I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:16 am
by Trikeboy
DISCHARGE wrote:Looks nice w/ the spoiler and the bright yellow. I may actually get this, although I mostly stayed away from BB from the ROTF line, he looked so cheap.


I too didn't buy many BB's from the ROTF line, actually I only bought one, Human Alliance BB. I may get this one as I don't own the ROTF version. It all depends on what that large lump of plastic on the roof turns out to be.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 am
by kirbenvost
vtechfan wrote:anyone else see a net? on his window


So it's Transformers Mad Max style? lol.

I guess I should've known this would happen and not rushed out to get BBBB. But I guess the only thing I like more so far is the spoiler, and that's not really important. This ridiculous gun confuses me as well.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:41 am
by HalfOfMe
Yeah, it's got crash-netting in the window and a racing spoiler, some connection with the whole Nascar thing going on.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:50 am
by Kryptikore
The big gun on top totaly reminds me of G2. They had those big goofy neon guns on top of them! It also makes me think of a couple G.I. Joe toys that had a small piece of this big weather control machine that came together after getting all the separate figures. Maybe they all combine into a BFG or something like nightbird.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am
by OmegaPrime98
:BOOM: ANOTHER FRICKEN RETOOL?!?!?! hasbro are u guys so dumb u cant come up with a new mold again?? well anyway i think that huge lump of plastic on'em is a IMAH FIREN MAH LAZAH cannon :lol: but what i think that " netting " in his window is some kinda shoulder mounted missle pod. I might pick it up

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:59 am
by Noideaforaname
It looks like BB would hold onto the top handle and loop-thingy as opposed to just clipping the gun somewhere.

I wonder if the gun transforms (to at least a turret drone thing like Ironhide has). It seems to have crevices and screws/pins, but it's hard to tell for sure (especially when it's all grey).

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:08 pm
by leobreaker1977
I posted about my findings in the system at my place of employment over two months ago. We are showing item numbers for the entire movie 3 line, but I guess that they didn't think it was news worthy...the thing on bees roof is .....blah... I can't remember what its called but I know that when I wrote down the info from work I was like oh thats really cool, its something they did back in the day and now they are bringing it back. Maybe now they will post it. :???:

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm
by Mindmaster
Hmm. I may get this just because of his BFG on top of him. :lol: Otherwise, I'm fine with the first movie mold.
(For those who do not know what BFG means, it's an abbreviation of "Big F****ing Gun", used alot in Halo games.)

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:50 pm
by JazZeke
Anyone else remember the good ol' days when we could actually keep track of the variant figures, and Cheetor had the most toy incarnations of all the Transformers? I'm sure movieverse Bumblebee gives the wiki guys headaches. :lol:

Unlikely as it would be, how awesome if that roof-mounted BFG actually shows up in the movie?

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm
by OlivusPrime
kirbenvost wrote:I guess I should've known this would happen and not rushed out to get BBBB.


Exactly what I thought, I have a slight regret for getting BBBB now... but this new mold doesn't look too much better, and I doubt it will have any big changes made to it, apart from the gun/targetpartner/action master partner/atrocity. I would pay good money to see a weapon of that scale mounted on top of the real Bumblebee though!

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:10 pm
by rpetras
I really like Battle Blade BB (so, is that BB BB?) and I'm really, really done with movie toys, so I doubt I'll be getting this.

The only movie toys for me from DotM will be things I can incorporate with Classics style stuff. That usually means the off-screen guys.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 pm
by Megatron Wolf
i have an idea lets slap a spoiler ob bumblebee so people will buy the same mold for the 20th time, death to bumblebee the king of repaints and useless retools.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Bumblebee Prototype Revealed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm
by Burn
Mindmaster wrote:(For those who do not know what BFG means, it's an abbreviation of "Big F****ing Gun", used alot in Halo games.)


Kids these days not knowing their history of BFG's ....

I kinda like the spoiler. But as for his tumor, aye carumba ...