This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview

Postby El Duque » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:02 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of the fine folks over at IDW Publishing we have a seven page preview of Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2. Enjoy the preview below!

TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #2
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey Coller, Griffith (c)
The Decepticons make their move, as the TRANSFORMERS relaunch really amps up! As Bumblebee's provisional government struggles to maintain control, Ratbat stages a deadly attack that only Prowl can stop! Meanwhile, Starscream tries something he's never done before: telling the truth to an Autobot. Well, most of the truth, anyway.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Variant Andrew Griffith B&W cover!

Bullet points:
• ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview

Postby Dean ML » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am

Andew Griffith has quickly joined the ranks of my favorite TF artists, including EJ Su, Don Figueroa, and Nick Roche (all of whom have sadly put TF behind them). Engaging writing and art that are as good as anything else on the stands. Haven't been this pumped about TF comics in a long time.

I should also mention how beautiful the coloring is on both of these books, something that a lot of readers take for granted, unfortunately. It would be more fair to credit them as digital painters instead of mere colorists. Think about it, IDW!
Dean ML
Fuzor

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm really happy with IDW since the new years. IMO, they now have the writers to take our beloved franchise where it needs to go. No more rehashing old story lines. I haven't made any comments on MTMTE yet, but with issue 1 out and this preview, so far it's really good. Kudos guys. Keep up the awesome job. And ya'know what? If the first arc's of the new series are great, I'll buy the TPB as well.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby zodconvoy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
One thing: in the Death of Optimus Prime, Sideswipe was shown in his G2 coloration for the entire book and he appears to have reverted to G1 again. I actually liked the change. It denoted that the days on Earth were over and everything was changed.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby funeralthirst7 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The writing in theses two series have been nothing short of excellent. If they keep this up I'll be double dipping for the trades.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic

Recent acquisitions:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Masterpiece Thundercracker

GDO Powerdive

Prime Dreadwing (Voyager)
Prime Skyquake (Cyberverse)
funeralthirst7
Minibot
Buy from funeralthirst7 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Damn... I amazed that that was only 7 pages.

Felt like I read half the book.

Hmm...here's a thought!

Since Shockwave is clearly featuring his FOC threads. What are the odds that Starscream's FOC figure will look the same as in this book?
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Henry921 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Assuming we ever get a WFC/FOC Seeker mold, yeah.

Surprised to see Ratbat is apparently willing to work with Soundwave. Must have gotten over the whole "having my spark ripped out and placed in a cassette" thing.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:27 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm loving all of this. WFC designs, acknowledgement of Ratbat being a former member of the ruling body of Cybertron, his new position of leadership homaging comics of old, and the Autobots going through that "absolute power..." issue. This is going to get messy. :grin:
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 am

zodconvoy wrote:One thing: in the Death of Optimus Prime, Sideswipe was shown in his G2 coloration for the entire book and he appears to have reverted to G1 again. I actually liked the change. It denoted that the days on Earth were over and everything was changed.

Yeah, that's one of the things I wished that they kept as well. I really dig SS's G2 colors. Oh well.

Now I just can't wait for this day to end at work so I can go pick up this copy!
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby At0mic Cav3man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Motto: "Don't tell me violence isn't the answer! Violence solves a lot of damned problems!"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
I for some reason held out on sticking the Transformers comics in my pull file up until these two new books started (I've been slowly picking up stuff in TPB form), but they're really good. I'm looking forward to finding out where Prime went after his "death", and seeing Bumblebee in charge is different. I think we'll start to see the stress of it start to really wear on him.
"I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious." - Mal Reynolds
At0mic Cav3man
Minibot
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Chaoslock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
At0mic Cav3man wrote:seeing Bumblebee in charge is different. I think we'll start to see the stress of it start to really wear on him.

No sh**, after the first two issue, he and Prowl start to be the major villains in the Ongoing.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7

Postby At0mic Cav3man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Motto: "Don't tell me violence isn't the answer! Violence solves a lot of damned problems!"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Chaoslock wrote:
At0mic Cav3man wrote:seeing Bumblebee in charge is different. I think we'll start to see the stress of it start to really wear on him.

No sh**, after the first two issue, he and Prowl start to be the major villains in the Ongoing.

****SPOILERS****

LOL, if you're already stressed out and a little paranoid, I'm not sure making Prowl your second in command is a very good idea. I'm not sure I'd have listened to Starscream either all things considered, but yeesh. There's no way Metal Hawk is on the level. He's way too slimey from my pov...
"I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious." - Mal Reynolds
At0mic Cav3man
Minibot
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 am

So far so good. It looks to me like Prowl is really setting himself up for a fall. Killing Skywarp, getting Arcee to kill Ratbat, attempting to destroy Rodimus and his crew. I don't think he has a place in the post war Cybertron and won't be able to accept a unified people. He is too set in his ways after millions of years fighting. Starscream's story is going to be interesting I think.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Prime Evil » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 am

IDK if he killed Skywarp. I mean I think it would be a great surprise, but I think he's just heavily damaged. He even kinda grunts/moans as he lies there. But I guess we will find out more the next issue.

Another fantastic issue as well. I can't say enough how happy I am to be reading good TF fiction again. I'm actually looking forward to the next issues with anticipation, for both series.
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am

Prime Evil wrote:IDK if he killed Skywarp. I mean I think it would be a great surprise, but I think he's just heavily damaged. He even kinda grunts/moans as he lies there. But I guess we will find out more the next issue.

I went back and looked and you are right, I missed that.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #1 Cvr E blank sketch IDW Comics 2023 DEC221421 1E (W)Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230478 1F (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #8 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAR231624 8E (CA) Ward"
STAR TREK #8 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Strange New Worlds SCORPIUS RUN #5 Cvr D 1:10 IDW Comics OCT231347 5D"
Star Trek Strange ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #16 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211021 (CA) Pichelli (W) Wong"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #29 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220996 (CA) Camuncoli"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230480 1H (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230520 5I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars WAR BOUNTY HUNTERS #5 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211240 (CA) Cassaday"
Star Wars WAR BOUN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIDDEN EMPIRE #3 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV221030 (CA) Siqueira"
Star Wars HIDDEN E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #5 variant Marvel Comics 2020 FEB201021 (W)Soule (A) Saiz (CA) Sprouse"
STAR WARS #5 varia ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #6 Cvr F 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231391 6F (CA) Aja"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #24 var Choose Your Destiny Marvel Comics 2022 APR221040"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON