Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Azrail wrote:Here's a selection of comparison pictures for you. 8)
Essentially Breakdown is a slightly larger deluxe almost. A Deluxe will reach the top of his chest but he's wide. Good scale with Megatron but a lot shorter for a Voyager size.
It's getting hard to get all the Decepticons in 1 group shot now!

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg


Thanks a bunch. Those are some awesome pics! I can't wait to get Breakdown in my hands :D
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5874
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.


The light up MechTech weapons Powerizers in the U.S are given were never given to the Takara's release of the figures. Hence the reason why we call all Japanese Prime figures AM-#; it stands for Arms Micron.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5874
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Ordered this guy from TFSource. They've yet to ship. =\
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9497
News Credits: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrimeStriker wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.


The light up MechTech weapons Powerizers in the U.S are given were never given to the Takara's release of the figures. Hence the reason why we call all Japanese Prime figures AM-#; it stands for Arms Micron.


Thanks for the info. That's great news for me. I'd take arms microns to light-up gimmicks any day.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Breakdown looks great. He may very well be my favorite Robots in Disguise release yet.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2892
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Optimus Prime New Sealed Beast Hunters 001 Voyager Series 3 2013 - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 34 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 36 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Snarl New Sealed Deluxe M4 #010 Figure 2014 - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 39 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Flip & Change AUTOBOT HOT ROD Last Knight Figure WALMART EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 41 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield Deluxe-Class Rodimus Hot Rod Complete Reprolabels - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 44 minutes 32 seconds
2006 Transformers Optimus Prime Talking Helmet Voice Changer Mask by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Hot Rod TARGETMASTER Action Figure Robot Instruction Manual 1987 G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 45 minutes 48 seconds
Hot Rod TARGETMASTER Vintage Hasbro 1987 G1 Transformers Action Figure NO TOP - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 45 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test