This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #63 "Beast Machine Wars"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #63 "Beast Machine Wars"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Seibertron.com is proud to present the latest episode of the Twincast, blasting at you with all dirt on the BotCon 2013 news and much more! Join host Counterpunch, along with Jon 3.0, and Razorclaw, Seibertron and Tigertracks for a round table discussion on the set preview and details of the upcoming convention!

As always, the episode is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes in 24 to 48 hours.

Topics include:

BotCon 2013 Set Preview - our thoughts on each figure and the set as a whole

The price of BotCon - how much is too much? Thanks to the meticulous data maintained by collector G.B. Blackrock, we discuss the rising costs of the set and add-ons:

Code: Select all
Year       Set        Add-ons    Total
2005       $265       $100       $365
2006       $249       $142       $391
2007       $279       $136       $415
2008       $285       $194       $479
2009       $295       $197       $492
2010       $305       $210       $515
2011       $315       $270       $585
2012       $340       $283       $623
2013       $365       ?          ?

Transformers Collector's Club 2013 Incentive Figure Depth Charge

Arms Micron Ending - our thoughts on Nightmare Unicron, Final Battle Megatron, and Jet Vehicon General

Takara Generations 2013 Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion Topic - With the rising cost of collecting, the Twincast team shares some of their best tips to save money and maximize your purchase power!

Seibertron.com is your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #63 "Beast Machine Wars"

Postby Samsonator » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:02 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Enjoying the show thus far, in response to the question about removing paint, I found something that works pretty well, I posted it here http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/effctive-transformers-paint-remover-found-t92386.php

As for the BotCon stuff, I had planned to hit up BotCon this time around, maybe go see everyone at the bar to celebrate my tenth year as a site member, but money issues from my recent move, compounded with how unimpressed I've been with this set, and how much it's all costing these days... I just can't do it.

Edit: This is for Jon
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:58 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Stay brony my friends.

Good show.

What Ryan said as a good marketing technique in regards to having a homerun in the box set and having mediocre fill ins, I think that was truly finalized or atleast cemented with the 2010 Cindersaur/Slicer 2-pack that just did not sell well at the convention, and they had to sell the remaining at the club store. If FP went back in time to 2010 and wanted to redo the way the sets were set up, I'm sure Csaur and Slicer woulda been plugged into the box set, while some other figures would have been the attendees as they'd sell better.

In my opinion, I think that every figure in the set should be a home run. For me, this year doesn't feel like it. I honestly think that if Obsidian and Strika were one of the '13 attendee 2-packs, that would have been the most sought out set 2-pack and bought out instantly.. but for the first time in awhile, it just feels like that this box set is going to be split up.

Save Money?

Stop looking at Counterpunch/Razorclaw's twitter feeds. ****.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby ScottyP » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Good listen as always guys!

Couple things -

Razorclaw - You got my thoughts on Botcon set pretty much spot on. Good summary!

Seibertron - If you need those Prime RC Cars, I picked them up at a Marshall's a couple weeks ago. Not amazingly cheap at $12 each but not as bad as regular retail. I have a spare Knockout if you really run out of luck, lmk.

Green packaging - I've noticed the plastic used for the outside bubbles is totally recyclable now. Has the little arrows on it, never did before, so on a Voyager box I can now put it in my city recycling whereas I couldn't before. Inside insert bubbles still seem to be garbage.

Re: Saving Money - **** money. I'm gonna go buy toys :HEADHURTS:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Bed Bugs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Movie 1 Wreckage would have been a better option as Strika, would the mold been available.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby lonrac » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 am

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
another good show.

this side of the pond, I'm finding the second wave of Prime toys on pegs, Hotshot, Knockout, for €11.99 ($15.40)to €15.99($18.87)

Hoping that Metroplex shows up around here.
Yes Really hope Metrotitan is not an SDCC exclusive.
lonrac
Fuzor
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Fender Bender wrote:Movie 1 Wreckage would have been a better option as Strika, would the mold been available.
In all honesty, I think that if the 2007-2008 Movie 1 molds didn't have any licensing issues, the Club might have gladly used them in a heartbeat. We only have Paramount to blame for this.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby joevill » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Welcome back Matt! We missed you! It was great to hear all the original staff again. Brilliant name for the podcast Bob btw!

It is very interesting to learn that what it cost for the primus and add-ons back in 2005 is now what it costs for a primus this year. *sigh*

I laughed really hard when Bob said, "everybody knows I spend a lot of money."

You guys are onto something about buying unpopular G1 toys. ScottyP, your an evil one! ;)
:michaelbay: :CON: Muah ha ha ha! :CON: :michaelbay:
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby lonrac » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
just on the matter of club membership,

Stupidly left my card details on the page when I ordered subscription figures, and the club automatically charged membership to my card this year.
lonrac
Fuzor
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
On the topic of saving money, I really feel there's three main things for people to do:

1) Join a pay-to-shop site- These are the sites that "pay you to shop" it's pennies on the dollar but it's pennies you never had before. The big one that you see on TV is Ebates but Big Crumbs sometimes has a better rate on other sites.

2) Get the pay pal debit card- Debit cards insure you don't spend more than you can afford and everybody practically uses pay pal nowadays. It's still pennies on the dollar but it gets deposited back into your pay pal account.

3) Do online surveys- Most surveys are no longer than an hour and those pay big $$$ most sties pay you in points that can be converted to pay pal cash or Amazon gift cards (you do use Prime right?)

This isn't going to make you rich and you certainly won't be able to drop big money in one shot but once you get rolling you'll be able to buy a TF (or other figure) a week.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL 149 pieces includes 2 Kreons Transformers Kre-o Building Toy Hasbro 2015"
PROWL 149 pieces i ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LACEFACE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Football"
LACEFACE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GNAW SHARKTICON Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020 New"
GNAW SHARKTICON Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLD DIGGER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle shovel 2020"
GOLD DIGGER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYPOPS Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 lollipop"
CYPOPS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRASH BUTTERHEAD Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls popcorn machine 2020"
BRASH BUTTERHEAD T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVE RAVE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots deodorant Hasbro 2019"
GRAVE RAVE Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERBOLT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
SILVERBOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TANGRY TART Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades sour lollipop 2019"
TANGRY TART Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIEUTENANT LO MEIN Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats sushi 2020"
LIEUTENANT LO MEIN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON