This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing announces special VIP Tour during BotCon

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing announces special VIP Tour during BotCon

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Our friends at IDW just emailed us to let us know they have announced that they'll be having a special VIP Tour to coincide with BotCon 2013 in San Diego, which just happens to be where IDW's headquarters are located. Here's the scoop ...

IDW Publishing Presents
A rare peek inside what goes into making comics! The studio is opening its doors to a select few and offering a special VIP tour that is sure to be a memorable one.

Meet with creators, editors, and walk away with more exclusives goodies than you'll know what to do with!

Meet The Creators Behind the Comics!
Featuring appearances by:
  • Livio Ramondelli
  • Josh Burcham
  • Matt Frank
  • John Barber
  • and more!

Tour & Swag!
Your VIP Tour ticket includes the following:
  • Your Choice of a Transformers Red Label IDW Limited book (a $125 value)!
  • Meet with Transformers Artists, including at least one unique sketch!
  • Tour of the IDW Facilities with CEO/Publisher Ted Adams!
  • The Botcon-Exclusive Transformers/My Little Pony Variant!
  • Advanced peeks at upcoming projects!
  • Your name in an upcoming Transformers comic!
  • Q&A session with Chris Ryall and John Barber!
  • Gift bag of IDW comics for every guest!
  • Free shuttle service to and from the botcon hotel!
  • Surprises! Cake! More!

You can purchase tickets for this special event by visiting http://www.idwpublishing.com/viptour/tickets.php. Tickets are $500 each.

The event will be on Thursday, June 27th from 2-5pm Pacific. Purchase Tickets Now!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Publishing announces special VIP Tour during BotCon

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We've had news from the people behind the initiative, and more guests have been confirmed for the IDW VIP tour at BotCon! New names are Michael Kelly, Hasbro's Global Publishing Director, and Mairghread Scott, writer for IDW's Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters and the Transformers Prime and Prime: Beast Hunters animated series. You can buy tickets for the event here.

Guests
Meet some of the biggest names in Transformers comics when you attend the IDW VIP Tour! Chat about their experiences, where Transformers are going, and more! Featured guests are:

Livio Ramondelli Artist, TRANSFORMERS: MONSTROSITY
Josh Burcham Artist, TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
Matt Frank Artist, TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT: TRAILCUTTER
John Barber Editor, TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE; Writer, TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
Michael Kelly Director, Global Publishing at Hasbro
Mairghread Scott Writer, TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:39 pm

As a non-news point, I'm jealous of whoever will be able to afford to go to this.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby NicholasPrime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Even with the added guests, $500 is still WAAAAAY too expensive for this. Especially because I already bought either black or blue labels on all the books they're offering as part of the package. Give me a no book/no sketch option for $250 and I'm in.

Currently For Sale/Trade: Urban Camo Ruination in damaged sealed box, and TRU reiss. Starscream in damaged sealed box.
PM if interested.
NicholasPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Buy from NicholasPrime on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

IDW Publishing VIP Tour - James Roberts Announced

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm

IDW have just announced the addition of another guest to their VIP tour taking place during BotCon: fan-favourite writer on More Than Meets the Eye, and co-author of Chaos Theory, Chaos and Last Stand of the Wreckers James Roberts! You can buy tickets for the event here.

IDW PUBLISHING is hosting a VIP TOUR of the comic book publisher's offices on Thursday, June 27th—the week of Botcon—and we are pleased to announce that TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE writer JAMES ROBERTS will be joining us via videoconference! James will discuss upcoming plots and answer questions from the tour guests!

James is joining the already-announced guests (all live and in-person): Livio Ramondelli (artist of TRANSFORMERS: MONSTROSITY), Josh Burcham (Botcon comic artist and MTMTE colorist), John Barber (TF editor and TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE writer), Mairghread Scott (TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS writer), Matt Frank (TF COLLECTOR'S CLUB and MARS ATTACKS TRANSFORMERS artist), and Michael Kelly (Director, Global Publishing at Hasbro)—plus an impressive array of gifts, Q&A with editorial staff, and hands-on tutorials on making comics!

For details and tickets, visit http://IDWPUBLISHING.com/viptour

More guests will be announced soon!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:16 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Is anyone actually going to this?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 am

ScottyP wrote:Is anyone actually going to this?

I know I'm not. Wrong country, too much money.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Is anyone actually going to this?

I know I'm not. Wrong country, too much money.

Yeah, for me it was:

1. Too late being announced, I already got me and my girlfriend set up for the Sea World thing that day long before this was even announced to exist.

2. Too damn expensive - would have to take myself and the gf, that's a damn grand for a one day tour. Sorry.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

IDW Publishing VIP Tour - Andrew Griffith Announced

Postby Va'al » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:26 am

IDW Publishing is just churning out more and more guests for its VIP Tour at BotCon. Newly added is the main artist on Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Andrew Griffith! Check out the full guest list below.

Guests

Meet some of the biggest names in Transformers comics when you attend the IDW VIP Tour! Chat about their experiences, where Transformers are going, and more! Featured guests are:

Livio Ramondelli Artist, TRANSFORMERS: MONSTROSITY
John Barber Writer, TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE; Editor, TRANSFORMERS
Mairghread Scott Writer, TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS
Josh Burcham Artist, BOTCON 2013 COMIC; Colorist TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
Matt Frank Artist, MARS ATTACKS THE TRANSFORMERS; SPOTLIGHT: TRAILCUTTER
Michael Kelly Director, Global Publishing at Hasbro
James Roberts Writer, TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE (video conference call to discuss stories and to take VIP questions)
Andrew Griffith Artist, TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE Just Announced!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:33 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
wow idw is completely nuts with prices for exclusives :HEADHURTS:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

IDW VIP Tour - Marcelo Matere and Casey Coller

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am

IDW Publishing has announced not one but two more Transformers superstar artists for their VIP Tour taking place at BotCon: Marcelo Matere and Casey Coller!

ImageImage

The guest list just keeps on growing!

IDW PUBLISHING is hosting a VIP TOUR of the comic book publisher’s offices on Thursday, June 27th—the week of Botcon—and we are pleased to announce that TRANSFORMERS packaging and comic artist MARCELO MATERE and TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON and TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE cover artist CASEY COLLER will be joining this can’t-miss event!

In addition to MATERE and COLLER is the stellar host of already-announced guests: James Roberts (TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE writer, joining via videoconference), Livio Ramondelli (artist of TRANSFORMERS: MONSTROSITY), Josh Burcham (Botcon comic artist and MTMTE colorist), John Barber (TF editor and TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE writer), Mairghread Scott (TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS writer), Matt Frank (TF COLLECTOR'S CLUB and MARS ATTACKS TRANSFORMERS artist), and Michael Kelly (Director, Global Publishing at Hasbro)—plus an impressive array of gifts, Q&A with editorial staff, and hands-on tutorials on making comics!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
TRANSFORMERS fans rejoice!

IDW PUBLISHING is hosting a VIP TOUR of the comic book publisher's offices on Thursday, June 27th—the week of Botcon—and we are pleased to announce that TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE penciler Alex Milne will be joining this can’t-miss event!

In addition, this once-in-a-lifetime experience boasts an incredible host of already-announced guests: Andrew Griffith (artist of TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE), Livio Ramondelli (artist of TRANSFORMERS: MONSTROSITY), John Barber (TF editor and TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE writer), Mairghread Scott (TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS writer), Marcelo Matere (TRANSFORMERS packaging and comic artist), Casey W. Coller (TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE artist), Josh Burcham (Botcon comic artist and MTMTE colorist), Matt Frank (TF COLLECTOR'S CLUB and MARS ATTACKS TRANSFORMERS artist), and Michael Kelly (Director, Global Publishing at Hasbro)—plus fan favorite James Roberts (TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE writer) joining via videoconference!

All that and an impressive array of gifts, Q&A with editorial staff, hands-on tutorials on making comics—and many more great surprises—are in store for our attendees!

For more info, contact:

Dirk Wood

VP of Marketing

IDW Publishing

5080 Santa Fe St.

San Diego, CA 92109

(858) 270-1315 x123

dirk@idwpublishing.com
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
An artist who started out as a fan........good for him! Go Alex go..........
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm

That would be an amazing event to attend. I'm curious, is there going to be a Seibertron.com member taking the tour and reporting back for us?
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 am

Oh, that would be amazing! :D

Anyone? Anyone?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bullycon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Motto: "That's not in the Rule Book."
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
T-Macksimus wrote:That would be an amazing event to attend. I'm curious, is there going to be a Seibertron.com member taking the tour and reporting back for us?

I'm going. I'll try to remember to take notes, if I'm not fan-gushing myself into oblivion.
For the love of Primus, why must I be a Mississippi State fan?
Bullycon
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Bullycon wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:That would be an amazing event to attend. I'm curious, is there going to be a Seibertron.com member taking the tour and reporting back for us?

I'm going. I'll try to remember to take notes, if I'm not fan-gushing myself into oblivion.

Oh yes please! Tell us all about the expensive goodness! :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
NEW!
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 1223IM857 (CA) Milana"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1D GI JOE 1023IM262 (CA) Epting"
DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
NEW!
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON