This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Models

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Models

Postby El Duque » Tue May 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Transformers: Robots in Disguise artist Andrew Griffith has taken to his Twitter account to share his Dawn of the Autobots character design for the always popular Jazz! Check out the mirrored image below:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Jazz Character Model

Postby crazyfist » Tue May 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Jazz has always been my favorite Transformer. I love the new design by Andrew Griffith. I'm so happy that they still make toys of him and that he makes appearances in the comics. But as a 'popular' character, he really hasn't been that big of character. He makes rare appearances in most everything Transformers nowadays. I guess there really isn't a story line that requires his special ops training. I liked how he got pretty decent appearance in 'All Hail Megatron' series and ever since the beginning of the 'MTMTE' and 'RID" series, he's only had cameo appearances. I know there are hundreds of characters and all and Jazz being my favorite makes me a little bias, but I really wish he'd have a little more to do in the series. It looks like he's coming back though in the 'second season' of 'RID' which is good. I hope they don't kill him off like in the movie because apparently he might have to pay for killing the police officer way back. Of course in the IDW universe, most bots don't stay dead...
crazyfist
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Galvatron Character Model

Postby Va'al » Tue May 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In addition to the previously shared concept art of Jazz, from IDW Publishing's Transformers: Robots in Disguise, artist Andrew Griffith has also tweeted the character model for the new leader of the Decepticons, in his new body: Galvatron. Check him out below!

Some love it. Some hate it. Here's Galvatron's redesign for #RID he now transforms into a mobile battle cannon.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Jazz Character Model

Postby timcourtois » Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Hm... I wonder if this Galvatron is set to become a toy. He seems to have a big backpack, which makes me wonder if the design has been changed to reflect what an actual toy design looks like.
timcourtois
Mini-Con

Postby Rick » Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

A mobile battle canon... for the last 100 years we've called those "tanks". :HEADHURTS:
Rick
Mini-Con
News Credits: 7

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
This Galvatron better have a toy [and not a Deluxe]. If not, then I'll just curl up in a ball and cry for two straight hours.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby ILL-Star » Tue May 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
While I am doubtful that this Galvatron will be made into toy form, looking at it does scream toy more than previous G1 Galvatron designs. Actually, given how he apparently now has an earth mode (or something close to it) I'd say that the chance of getting a new Galvatron is more likely than before. But I refuse to get hopeful.

And yes. He better be a Voyager if it happens.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Andrew Griffith Shares Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Models

Postby Mindmaster » Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
*sniff* I smell compliance for a redesign due to there being an upcoming toy we know nothing about (yet).

Seriously though, that is a really good design, even if there is a lack of purple. I'll take this design as a toy even if it was a Deluxe (cue the "BLASPHEMY!" comments).
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Mindmaster wrote: I'll take this design as a toy even if it was a Deluxe (cue the "BLASPHEMY!" comments).

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.03 KiB) Viewed 18927 times

But seriously, we should all pray to the Hasbro Gods to bless us with a toy of this glorious design.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby AutobotAlvaron » Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Motto: "Strive Always for the Indomitable Victory of Good."
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
I've been hoping for a newer, bigger, better, G1-ish Galvatron (like the Energon mold) ever since my disappointment in the Deluxe CHUG mold. I would really be interested in a Voyager or Leader/MP sized figure of greater quality for this iconic character. Incidentally, I've always preferred a darker, more powerful, gravelly-voiced Nimoy-esque Galvatron than the whinny, crazy Welker-version (no disrespect to the great Welker intended, of course).
AutobotAlvaron
Minibot
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue May 13, 2014 11:50 pm

No sir, I don't like it. Looks bulky and ugly and stupid. If they're designing a toy of it, that's fun and all... but they should probably redesign the toy to look more like Galvatron.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Shadowstream » Wed May 14, 2014 1:46 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Jazz is passable, nothing to get excited about really as it looks fairly similar to his pre-ongoing body. Galvatron's design sits well enough with me so long as it maintains the giant shoulders from his previous IDW designs, as I never really liked his design before that anyway... actually I just don't like Galvatron at all, but hey if someone can put big shoulder pads and/or arm guards on a mech design then I'll be pleased.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby BumbleDouche » Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Not bad, it still LOOKS like a Galvatron, which is more than we can say for the movie-verse iteration. In my opinion, it could do with some more purple just to keep it more inline with G1, but that's just because I'm a rabid GEEWUNNER.
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Flashwave » Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Rick wrote:A mobile battle canon... for the last 100 years we've called those "tanks". :HEADHURTS:

Howitzer much? :grin: I'm guessing that's what they mean.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Optimizzy » Wed May 14, 2014 9:59 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
While I like the design I do think it is unfortunate that he has an earth mode. The previous Galvatron design in IDW was pretty freaking sweet and a toy of that (not counting Mania King) would have been nice. Most likely we will get ANOTHER earth mode Galvatron that sacrifices his original appearance to be more inline with modern ascetics.

Sigh. It's unfortunate, but I'm not complaining really. At this point I'd take this design over the misguided attempt a few years back any day.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Andrew Griffith Opens Convention Sketch List Summer 2014 - NYC Special, BotCon, TFCon

Postby Va'al » Thu May 15, 2014 7:09 am

We've seen a lot of his recent work with IDW Publishing's Transformers: Robots in Disguise, but if you'd like to meet Andrew Griffith himself, he'll be attending a number of events over the coming months - and you can get your own, personal, original piece of artwork commissioned! Yes indeed, the artist has updated his blog with pricelists, convention dates and more. Check out below some preview sketches, and further information mirrored from his blog.

So far I’m able to announce that I’ll be taking part in Artist Alley at the following shows:

NYC Special Edition: NY, NY June 14-15
Botcon: Pasadena, CA June 19-22
TFCon: Toronto, Canada July 11-13

It’s about time I start taking sketches.

For now, I’ll be taking sketch requests for NYC Special Edition and Botcon only.

I’ll be taking 10 total requests at a time, so I don’t get too backed up. If I get caught up, I may take more.

* Please note, I’m only taking sketches for people willing to pay up front by paypal. Sorry, I just don’t have the free time to put effort into doing sketches that may or may not get picked up and paid for later.

Prices: (All in US)
B&W (inks and markers)
9x12 Head Sketch: $25 11x14
Bust: $60 11x14
Sketch Cover: $60 (Check for which issues are available)
3/4 or Full Body: $120
Full color: (Add $10 to any of the above)
For more complex commissions, larger pieces such as 11x17 email me with specifics and I’ll give you a price. (No original characters, sorry.)

Email me at glovestudios@gmail.com with your request including the following info and I'll reply with my paypal details: (Please don't send requests via twitter, Facebook etc... so I can keep requests organized at one place.)
• Character
• Size
• B&W or color
• What you want me to identity you by on my sketch list. (Username, first name, etc...)
• Show you're attending and which day you plan to pick up your sketch

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby craggy » Sat May 17, 2014 3:58 pm

MegaDump wrote:Not bad, it still LOOKS like a Galvatron, which is more than we can say for the movie-verse iteration. In my opinion, it could do with some more purple just to keep it more inline with G1, but that's just because I'm a rabid GEEWUNNER.

it looks a hell of a lot like G1 Galvatron.

assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Andrew Griffith Attends Special Edition: NYC Convention - June 14-15

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:01 am

We reported not too long ago that IDW Publishing Transformers artist and Seibertron.com friend (we like to think so, in any case) Andrew Griffith would be attending various conventions over the summmer, and had a commission list open. He has dropped by to remind us that the first of those events is taking place next weekend in New York! Sole representative of the Transformers in the whole of New York Special Edition - the first of the summer edition by the organisers of NYCC - make sure to drop in an say hi, get a sketch and a chat if you're attending.

Hello there,

I wanted to let you know that next weekend, June 14-14 I'll be at the New York Comic-Con Special Edition at the Javits Center, New York, NY.

This is the inaugural kick-off event for this Con as its the first time the organizers behind New York Comic-Con have held a second event with an emphasis on comics and the comics industry.

So for any Transformers comics fans or comics fans in general stop by and say hello. I'll be selling prints, sketches, comics and original art all weekend.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 1D 1123IM200 (CA) Epting"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #8 Cvr C IDW Comics 2017 8C (CA) Whalen (W) Sitterson 230227"
GI JOE #8 Cvr C ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP200475 5B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208D"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON