This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age Of Extinction Deluxe Figures Drift And Slash Video Reviews

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Postby Actar » Mon May 19, 2014 9:50 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."

Some accuracy and kibble issues aside, Drift is a surprisingly poseable and dynamic figure with a fun transformation and a cool Samurai motif that's definitely worth your money.

Essentially, good beast mode and interesting transformation. However, despite the unique design, Slash has a weak robot mode due to the top-heavy proportions and the lack of articulation. Great for display but not for play, a pick up only if you're intent on completing the AoE Dinobot team.
Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Last Week, the Age Of Extinction toy line made it's debut, with a big splash, at a rather sizable midnight event in Singapore. We reported on the exclusives and event itself, here. Also of note, Deluxe Class wave 2 was released there, which includes Autobot Drift, Slash and Strafe, which brings us to the topic at hand:

The first complete video reviews of Drift and Slash are now available, thanks to fellow fan, and Singapore native, Actar. We've included his thoughts on both figures, plus embeds of the videos below.

Actar wrote:

Some accuracy and kibble issues aside, Drift is a surprisingly poseable and dynamic figure with a fun transformation and a cool Samurai motif that's definitely worth your money.

Essentially, good beast mode and interesting transformation. However, despite the unique design, Slash has a weak robot mode due to the top-heavy proportions and the lack of articulation. Great for display but not for play, a pick up only if you're intent on completing the AoE Dinobot team.

If he does a video review of Strafe, we will post it for all to see, so keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Age Of Extinction Deluxe Figures Drift And Slash Video Reviews

Postby Mirage22 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm glad Drift is better than what people thought he would be. First pics from Toy Fair made me want this guy and it's nice to see that he's one of the better Deluxes. Slash, on the other hand...ehhhhhh. That robot mode just kills it. I think if those stupid knee pad things were gone, he'd look a lot better.
Mirage22
Minibot

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
when i first heard about slash i was kinda interested cause i like raptors and its an obvious dinobot repaint project but after seeing him in action its an easy pass. drift is still a pass, saw him in person & im not at all impressed. Only one that ive changed my mind on after seeing is evasion optimus. plastic looks a lot better in person but still going to wait for a price drop cause of the lack of paint & extremely high price.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:15 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I like Slash and Drift. Slash is my third favorite AOE Dinobot though, but I really like his color. However, those rubber kneepads are killing me. Though he has some cons, I, overall, love this toy.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Skill: 6

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed May 21, 2014 7:14 am

Those are great reviews. I love how he focuses on each joint.

I was on the fence about Drift, but now he's a MUST-BUY for me.

I was already thinking Slash looked bad, and this confirmed it. The dino mode is just OK and the bot mode is a complete mess.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby STngAR » Wed May 21, 2014 8:00 am

Weapon: No Weapon
I like Slash but I'm still not liking Drift. I'm a big fan of Beast Wars hence my Attraction to the dinos in this line, but the other robots are just underwhelming for me. And I couldn't make it through those reviews

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby Fifo » Wed May 21, 2014 9:10 am

I may try and remove Slash's knee fans,they look messy in robot mode. Depends how vital they are in dino mode. We shall see...
Fifo
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot_Benz » Wed May 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Motto: "What is the point of growing up if you can't act childish sometimes"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Canadian Reviewer Protoman already Reviewed Drift and shows the history of Drift figures. Warning he doesn't show the tranformations of the toys.

http://youtu.be/UJrE-zFnA8U
Autobot_Benz
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I love that he's got four katana swords. I can honestly say that I like this Drift more than the comics Drift. I'm not sure why really, probably because he reminds me of Yoshimitsu.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Age of Extinction Deluxe Strafe Video Review

Postby Actar » Fri May 23, 2014 2:18 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."

Sleek, suave and striking, Strafe is one of my top picks for the best Dinobot figure from the AoE toyline despite his simplistic transformation and limited wrist and ankle articulation.
Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Age Of Extinction Deluxe Strafe Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:46 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Actar is at it again! This time, he brings us the video review for Age Of Extinction Deluxe Class Strafe! His casemates Drift and Slash were reviewed here, and reported on here. (And, as promised, we brought you Strafe's review!)

We've included the embed below, plus his overall thoughts on Strafe.

Sleek, suave and striking, Strafe is one of my top picks for the best Dinobot figure from the AoE toyline despite his simplistic transformation and limited wrist and ankle articulation.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby swagitron » Fri May 23, 2014 5:04 am

I WANT ONE!!!!!
swagitron
Mini-Con

Postby TimothyR » Fri May 23, 2014 5:07 am

i'm holding off on watching reviews of this figure.. but it's definitely one of the figures i'm looking forward to the most.

the only thing that infuriates me are his inward bending elbows.. that's absolutely awful.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby jamiko » Fri May 23, 2014 7:19 am

Didn't think I was gonna pick up any of the movie stuff but, I kinda have to get this guy now. :APPLAUSE:
jamiko
Micromaster

Postby reluctantyouth » Fri May 23, 2014 8:21 am

Okay Hasbro...Strafe is decent after seeing review. You got 6 out of 7 Dinobots looking really good. Now I wish I'd ordered one from hasbrotoyshop.com before they went out of stock. :sad:

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Siger » Fri May 23, 2014 8:32 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
reluctantyouth wrote:Okay Hasbro...Strafe is decent after seeing review. You got 6 out of 7 Dinobots looking really good. Now I wish I'd ordered one from hasbrotoyshop.com before they went out of stock. :sad:

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

Here you go, it comes with a bonus figure too.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

If you can drop $50 you get free shipping. Or you can hold out to see if you are lucky enough to pick it up in stores.
Siger
Fuzor

Postby MaverickPrime » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Oh, he's as gorgeous and well made as I hoped he'd be from the initial pictures! Look-wise he might be my favorite, along with Snarl and Scorn.
Also, I had no idea he had swords!
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby BeastProwl » Fri May 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I love that Rapier pose.
Question. Would he fit on a Revoltech stand?

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON