This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece Reissues Next Year: MP-14 Alert, MP-12 Lambor, MP-11 Starscream, Optimus Prime

Postby Alpha Dominus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Finally! No more constipated face or knock off worries. :D
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Masterpiece Reissues Next Year: MP-14 Alert, MP-12 Lambor, MP-11 Starscream, Optimus Prime

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:49 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
This is fantastic! He will finally be fine. When is this reissue due?

EDIT: Never mind found it #-o
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby LegendaryAntiHero » Fri May 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Why do people need an MP11 reissue when Hasbro is releasing their own Masterpiece Staarscream?
Like More than Meets the Eye on Facebook
Please sub to my Youtube for Transformers video reviews
http://www.youtube.com/LegendaryAntiHero
LegendaryAntiHero
Pretender
Watch LegendaryAntiHero on YouTube

Postby sol magnus » Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Why do people need an MP11 reissue when Hasbro is releasing their own Masterpiece Staarscream?

Some people just want Takara Masterpiece figures under some assumption they are intrinsically superior to Hasbro versions.

Heck, I saw somebody say the Seeker molds are "too small" and hopes X-Transbots does them larger (I suppose...there'd be no point mentioning it otherwise). I don't agree with that guy at all...they are perfectly scaled in robot mode.

My main point is, people are techy about the MP-11 mold for varying reasons.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
sol magnus wrote:
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Why do people need an MP11 reissue when Hasbro is releasing their own Masterpiece Staarscream?

Some people just want Takara Masterpiece figures under some assumption they are intrinsically superior to Hasbro versions.

Heck, I saw somebody say the Seeker molds are "too small" and hopes X-Transbots does them larger (I suppose...there'd be no point mentioning it otherwise). I don't agree with that guy at all...they are perfectly scaled in robot mode.

We also don't know what the Hasbro version will look like.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
megatronus wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

We also don't know what the Hasbro version will look like.

Firstly, a reissue of Takara's MP 11 was not confirmed. Only MP 12 and MP 10, the rest is rumour. As for Hasbro's MP 11 reissue, something tells me it wont have as much accessories. The reason I say this is because it was confirmed by a personal visit to toysrus with the correct SKN code that Hasbro's starscream will cost as much as the reissue of Bluestreak (80$ cdn). So the toy value must be around the same unless that means its an amazing deal for a coronation starscream.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Fewer accessories I can deal with.. as long as it comes with the core basics. What I'm afraid of is it will be some weird color or transparent ghost something or other...

I'm late to the game, but I REALLY want a 'real' masterpiece Starscream.

On a separate note... does anyone know how tall the Spike figure is that comes with MP-10? Anyone know how it scales with the 2.5" guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers AoU figures?

Always loved how Spider-man teamed up with the autobots in the original marvel comics... Curious how these guys look?
phantom1592
Fuzor
Buy from phantom1592 on eBay

Postby shajaki » Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Soooo.... I got the following email from Amiami about my MP10 reissue:

I've read it a couple times now and I'm confused. I assume it means its delayed, but it doesn't actually say that. Just that its changed. And it doesn't have an estimate date either. Anyone else hear something similar?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
shajaki wrote:Soooo.... I got the following email from Amiami about my MP10 reissue:

I've read it a couple times now and I'm confused. I assume it means its delayed, but it doesn't actually say that. Just that its changed. And it doesn't have an estimate date either. Anyone else hear something similar?

Yes, others have recieved a similar notification and what is understood is that it will be released later, at end of june.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues: MP-12 Lambor, MP-10 Optimus Prime

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Is this just amiami? TFsource still has mine listed for May... wonder if I'm gonna be sad too...
phantom1592
Fuzor
Buy from phantom1592 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues: MP-12 Lambor, MP-10 Optimus Prime

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
If amiami says it is delayed....it's delayed.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+

Postby Cyberpath » Fri May 15, 2015 4:14 pm

HLJ & Amazon Japan, too. It was pushed to June 27.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby shajaki » Fri May 15, 2015 5:02 pm

LAME.

Oh well. I have a bit of good news.
I want my Takara and Hasbro MP10's to be a little more different, so I thought I'd go the Soundwave route with toy accurate yellow eyes. Someone informed me (sorry don't remember who) that theres a guy who makes replacement MP10 eyes, so I checked him out and he was long sold out. I emailed him a while ago if he'd ever make more and he said "if there was demand".

With the upcoming reissue I figured I'd try again, here's what he told me:
nonnef wrote:Demand has shown itself. Looks like I'll be making more with the new injection machines. Keep your ears peeled.=)

So I can get my yellow eyes, others can brighten up their blue eyes, hooray for everything! I'll be keeping an eye on his store and let y'all know when they're in stock!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:07 pm

shajaki wrote:LAME.

Oh well. I have a bit of good news.
I want my Takara and Hasbro MP10's to be a little more different, so I thought I'd go the Soundwave route with toy accurate yellow eyes. Someone informed me (sorry don't remember who) that theres a guy who makes replacement MP10 eyes, so I checked him out and he was long sold out. I emailed him a while ago if he'd ever make more and he said "if there was demand".

With the upcoming reissue I figured I'd try again, here's what he told me:
nonnef wrote:Demand has shown itself. Looks like I'll be making more with the new injection machines. Keep your ears peeled.=)

So I can get my yellow eyes, others can brighten up their blue eyes, hooray for everything! I'll be keeping an eye on his store and let y'all know when they're in stock!

shajster, by any chance did you get the Hasbro version with the yellow eyes? And you want to convert it to red? I can send you my extra "red optic" decals by Ocean, you just pay for the shipping. I have two red optics decal replacements btw
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Fri May 15, 2015 6:21 pm

fenrir wrote:shajster, by any chance did you get the Hasbro version with the yellow eyes? And you want to convert it to red? I can send you my extra "red optic" decals by Ocean, you just pay for the shipping. I have two red optics decal replacements btw
Thanks for the offer! But yellow is what I'm going for ;)

Also anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but MP10 has never been released with yellow eyes. I think it goes like this:
Original Takara MP10 - pale blue eyes
Hasbro MP10 - bright blue eyes
YOTH - brighter blue eyes
MP10B - red eyes
MP10 BAPE - gold eyes
MP10 EVA - white/yellow eyes

My plan is to have a side collection of MP's that are OG toy accurate, which is where the dark blue'd TT MP10 (with yellow eyes) would fit in. MP Silverstreak and Bumblebee w/ faceplate is what inspired me to do it.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby megatronus » Fri May 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I gave my MP10 the eyes from YOTH. Love em. But yellow eyes? I can be into that...
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:55 pm

megatronus wrote:I gave my MP10 the eyes from YOTH. Love em. But yellow eyes? I can be into that...

Would you like to know that even for MP-10 optics, Ocean Designs has one too? Some disassembly needed.

fenrir72
God Of Transformers

TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy Reissue delayed Until June

Postby mooncake623 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Site sponsor Hobby Link Japan just informed us that the TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy Reissue delayed until the end of June. Originally slated to be released at the end of this Month it looks like fans will have to wait just at bit longer to get their hands on this highly sought after figure that has long been sold out since it's original release. Check out the image we've mirrored below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy / Optimus Prime with Trailer Reissue

Postby Xephon0930 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I somehow see that there is a trend to a lot of figures being held back this summer.

First the Legacy Megazord reissue and now this.
What's next?
Soul of Chogokin Goldymarg will be hit as well?
What about Sentinel's Dancouga?
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Xephon0930 wrote:I somehow see that there is a trend to a lot of figures being held back this summer.

First the Legacy Megazord reissue and now this.
What's next?
Soul of Chogokin Goldymarg will be hit as well?
What about Sentinel's Dancouga?

The oldies are the best mein freund! :lol: Anyway, its a high probabilty that the other MPs might also experience some delays (like WJ and BB)

The demand for Convoy would even be more higher.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I've waited (or procrastinated) this long on getting one, I can wait another month.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby LegendaryAntiHero » Tue May 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Hopefully, the tires won't crack on the reissue
Like More than Meets the Eye on Facebook
Please sub to my Youtube for Transformers video reviews
http://www.youtube.com/LegendaryAntiHero
LegendaryAntiHero
Pretender
Watch LegendaryAntiHero on YouTube

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue May 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
What is the general consensus on Takara's versus Hasbro's version of "MP-10"? I know that Takara's features a silver painted interior for the trailer and a screen accurate silver Roller, while Hasbro's has an unpainted (plain gray plastic) interior for the trailer, and a toy accurate blue Roller, plus painted eyes and painted cab roof lights on Optimus himself. However, which version has the more screen accurate colors for Optimus Prime? Hasbro's has a brighter and generally lighter blue and red than Takara's, but does that make it more or less accurate to Prime's G1 screen appearance? I've heard before that Takara's colors make the figure more G1 toy accurate, but I've seen debate on that as well.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby fenrir72 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:What is the general consensus on Takara's versus Hasbro's version of "MP-10"? I know that Takara's features a silver painted interior for the trailer and a screen accurate silver Roller, while Hasbro's has an unpainted (plain gray plastic) interior for the trailer, and a toy accurate blue Roller, plus painted eyes and painted cab roof lights on Optimus himself. However, which version has the more screen accurate colors for Optimus Prime? Hasbro's has a brighter and generally lighter blue and red than Takara's, but does that make it more or less accurate to Prime's G1 screen appearance? I've heard before that Takara's colors make the figure more G1 toy accurate, but I've seen debate on that as well.

Optics are dark blue molded. And I have to agree that the color approximates the original G1 toy's colors. Aside from the optics, I wish TT had also colored his chest headlights like that of Hasbro's
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed May 20, 2015 1:50 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
So, what is the general opinion on the definitive screen accurate MP-10, Takara's version or Hasbro's? Details such as the eyes and the cab roof lights don't matter so much for this question as the plastic colors on Prime himself.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #2 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell 240415D"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #2 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVENGE OF COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 Marvel Comics 2019 (CA) Hepburn OCT190950"
REVENGE OF COSMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #20 var BHM Blade Marvel Comics 2023 AUG229000 (CA) Allen (W) Lore"
MOON KNIGHT #20 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230840 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #14 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics MAY238596 (CA) Logo"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #6 Marvel Comics 2020 variant JAN200992 (A) Frigeri (CA) Kuder"
GHOST RIDER #6 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220941 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #8 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2020 JUL200653 (CA) Bennett (A) Davis-Hunt"
IMMORTAL SHE-HULK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 APR220763 (CA) Nakayama"
DAREDEVIL #1 var S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BROTHER #1 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220884 (CA) Yu (W)Gronbekk"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230965 (CA) Ba 230411"
DAREDEVIL #9 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230712 (CA) Saltares"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220876 (CA) Acuna (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #2 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Howard The Duck Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221039 (CA) Netease"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ho ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON