This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock rerelease found in Store

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock rerelease found in Store

Postby Oddimus Prime » Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 am

Motto: "I am Oddzilla - Hear me RAWR! O.o"
So let me get this straight...

MP Grimlock reissue in the US is $59.99 or about £36.

In the Uk he is £99.99 - or or about $170.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/Transformers-Masterpiece-Grimlock(0125822)?searchPosition=1

I know we Brits are constantly bemoaning the fact that we pay in £ what the US pays in $ but on what planet does that pricing even remotely make sense!?!?!

I'm gad I got the previous version... *grumble grumble grumble*
Oddimus Prime

Wants/Needs - Prime Breakdown, CHUG Ratchet

Latest Acquisitions - MP Ironhide, MP Tracks, MP Road Rage, CW PowerCore Prime, Onslaught, Scattershot
Oddimus Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Watch Oddimus Prime on YouTube
Buy from Oddimus Prime on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby It Is Him » Thu May 22, 2014 7:02 am

Deleted
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby ArmadaPrime » Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Oddimus Prime wrote:So let me get this straight...

MP Grimlock reissue in the US is $59.99 or about £36.

In the Uk he is £99.99 - or or about $170.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/Transformers-Masterpiece-Grimlock(0125822)?searchPosition=1

I know we Brits are constantly bemoaning the fact that we pay in £ what the US pays in $ but on what planet does that pricing even remotely make sense!?!?!

I'm gad I got the previous version... *grumble grumble grumble*

Agreed wholeheartedly.
I mean the American price is less, in £, than we pay for one of the new leaders-by about £10(/$16)
But the UK price is literally nearly three times the American price? That is preposterous. I mean even taking off 20% for VAT, we're paying £83/$140,and that's still more than double the American price.
I often moan about Hasbro UK-generally for the shocking distribution problems, which is admittedly often in part the fault of individual stores (although certainly not in all cases; making the entire generations line TRU exclusive is a daft move)-but whilst the pricing is normally a bit off, something as ridiculous as this is seriously taking the piss.
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby Kibble » Thu May 22, 2014 9:12 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
dragons wrote:how many do you need isn't one enough you bought for member I can understand, 2?

Relax...he bought two, not two cases.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Craver2707 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:30 am

Motto: "I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested. I'd like to think that if I was I would pass."
Weapon: Specially Modified Vaporator
I'm just a little bit curious as to why these aren't listed on the U.S. Toys R Us website, but are on the UK's site. Makes me think they might have been put out early... Not that that's a bad thing. Just looks like I'll be making a LOT of calls until I can find one.
Craver2707
Mini-Con
Buy from Craver2707 on eBay

Postby Thalack » Thu May 22, 2014 10:33 am

sigmaprime wrote:
Thalack wrote:
Already had a guy on the other forum I frequent admit to buying all the ones his local tru had, total of 6 grimlocks. And we know what he's doing with them since he's a big seller.

he had ten, and was trying to sell them on that sites buy sell trade forum. his page got closed pretty fast which is awesome.

That's good news lol!
Thalack
Micromaster
Watch Thalack on YouTube
Buy from Thalack on eBay

Postby LordTwann » Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 am

Looks like these are already averaging $200 on ebay, so yeah. I don't expect I'll be finding any at retail. :HEADHURTS:
LordTwann
Mini-Con

Postby gantzrunner » Thu May 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
I wish I could buy just his leg claws. I got the Hasbro version and hate the gold plastic. This one looks like it has gold chrome instead. Anybody have a broken takara mold or one if those KOs that's floating around? Lol
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Myndbomb » Thu May 22, 2014 5:44 pm

There's been some feuding going on last few days on the various FB pages, and some have become non-public, at least until people stop being immature and posting stupid crap on each others pages.

And supposedly, any that did not sell out immediately, have been taken off the shelves and returned to the back stock rooms. The reason that's been told to a few people is that they are not supposed to be available until June and that they should have never been put out in the first place.

/shrug

We shall see in 2-3 weeks I guess.
Myndbomb
Mini-Con

Postby wewyllenium » Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 pm

I need this. I hope it's made in Vietnam as well :D
wewyllenium
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Watch wewyllenium on YouTube
Buy from wewyllenium on eBay

Postby Stormrider » Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Oooh...showing off your $2 bill.

Sadly, that $2 bill is easier to obtain than Grimmy.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby homicide » Fri May 23, 2014 12:08 am

Motto: ""Chaos is my only ally, and Destruction my only friend.""
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
That's some BS how some people are just cleaning them out of stores, I'm glad I got mine a few years ago, but it looks like I'll have to fight to get a MP Prowl when he comes out later this summer.
homicide
Mini-Con
Buy from homicide on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 23, 2014 7:23 am

I'm a bit disappointed to see they removed some paint apps, but maybe that's why it's a relatively-affordable $60. Does Reprolabels have a set for this figure?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 23, 2014 8:18 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm a bit disappointed to see they removed some paint apps, but maybe that's why it's a relatively-affordable $60. Does Reprolabels have a set for this figure?
The only paint details that were removed were the unnecessary ones that Hasbro added to their first release, which detracted from the show-accuracy of the figure and leaned more towards toy-accuracy. Otherwise, the toy is still about 97% identical to the previous release since the missing paint were just that minor and he now has some chrome toes where the first Hasbro release did not.

For convenience, the newer one will look more like the one on the right, paint apps-wise:

Though, I think the gray might also be a bit lighter and duller than both of those, but we'll see.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 23, 2014 8:35 am

Thanks, Sabreblade. I can see what you mean. Those red stripes on the arms are actually pretty bad looking, and the others don't add much.

Does the new one come with the crown?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
GuyIncognito wrote:Thanks, Sabreblade. I can see what you mean. Those red stripes on the arms are actually pretty bad looking, and the others don't add much.

Does the new one come with the crown?
Yep. It's basically the Takara version deco with the Hasbro version accessories.

Though, in person, the arm stripes and thigh spots don't look too bad on the first Hasbro release, so it wasn't as drastic a deco change as, say, Hasbro's MP Rodimus. :BLACKEYE:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 23, 2014 8:56 am

I'm surprised Reprolabels hasn't made a set for this figure yet; maybe they will now, for this new release.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Kibble » Fri May 23, 2014 9:35 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm surprised Reprolabels hasn't made a set for this figure yet; maybe they will now, for this new release.

What's there to add, really? Maybe I'm just not in their target audience, though, as I think Reprolabels often make a figure look gaudy, tacky, and/or overly busy...adding stickers to fill space and make the set seem 'worth' 8, 12, or 20 bucks rather than adding necessary missing details. It's too bad they don't offer super toned down sets with the 3 or 4 stickers that legitimately enhance the figures for a fraction of the price. But in Grimlock's case, I don't even know what that would be.
Kibble
City Commander

In-Hand Images - Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock

Postby Va'al » Tue May 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of ACToys.net user sffan, we get a brief look at the recently released (and spotted at US retail, too) Hasbro reissue of Masterpiece Grimlock, complete with his kingly crown and comparison shots with its previous incarnation - check out the mirrored images below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby wewyllenium » Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Aww. China. Not Vietnam. I was hoping for the later. I like how clean the ones that were made in Vietnam came to be.
wewyllenium
Fuzor

Postby wewyllenium » Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Aww. China. Not Vietnam. I was hoping for the later. I like how clean the ones that were made in Vietnam came to be.
wewyllenium
Fuzor

Postby triKlops » Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
For the reported 60 bucks, how can you go wrong?!

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
wewyllenium wrote:Aww. China. Not Vietnam. I was hoping for the later. I like how clean the ones that were made in Vietnam came to be.

The released Tomy version was made in China. No QC issues except for the wrong type of batteries inserted.

Btw, the Vietnam made MP-10 has quite a number of QC issues too. Remember the TF-Go! Jet whose legs were reversed? Those were made in Vietnam.

Also, the original Tomy release of Grimlock didn't have those stripes on his shoulder/biceps. Those look like the labels off the original G1 figure.

Either way, good for those who missed getting him a few years back.
Last edited by fenrir72 on Thu May 29, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
still to worried about quality issues to run out & get one, ill just wait and spend my money elsewhere for now
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 10

Postby KnightStrike » Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
He is up for order now at TRU.com!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=31372196
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210466 33B (CA) Lloyd (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 4A (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915P"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A 0224IM255 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220488 41B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON