This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Working On Individual Figure Ordering System

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Working On Individual Figure Ordering System

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
According to Bleeding Cool News, Hasbro is planning on allowing Diamond and the direct market to order the specific figures they want, instead of an assorted case! Perhaps now, gone will be the days of shelf/peg warmers and hard to move stock being priced to the point the sellers lost all of their initial investment to begin with.

You can read the full article at this link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/19/ ... re-orders/

We've quoted some of the most relevant snippets below:

This week, Hasbro, for the first time, has decided to make individual figures available to the direct market and Diamond. This is a pretty big deal. For those who do not know, usually figures like these can only be ordered by the case, which Hasbro controls the packouts to. So instead of buying a case and getting only one of the most desired figure, now your local comic shop for example can order as many as they want of the “short packed” character.

To say their (Hasbro) distribution is “spotty” is an understatement. Pegs sit empty for months, stores get 1 or 2 cases and are not restocked for months on end. Filling the lines and cases with unwanted characters or making the case packouts skew towards reissues of the same characters that are still sitting unsold on the pegs.

It should be noted that big box retailers such as Wal*Mart are somewhat to blame for this, rather than just Hasbro alone. By dictating which Transformers toy lines they'll sell at a given time, for example, movie toys over the Animated line, retailers can have too much power some of the time. Cutting Animated out of sales space was one of the factors that helped lead to the cancellation of the final waves.

Some good examples of how assorted cases instead of direct figure ordering can affect the line can be seen below:

Skrapnel and Tailgate

And Cosmos and Swerve, along with the previously overstocked figures that helped delay their release

Hopefully, this new ordering system will help all of us obtain the figures we desire at an easier rate and for less than we'd normally spend in our sometimes fruitless searches.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Hasbro Working On Individual Figure Ordering System

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:24 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Through Diamond? They'll jack the prices up no doubt. Talk about Wal-Mart and other retailers having too much power, so does Diamond.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Cobalt Prime » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:50 am

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Whaaa? Someone at corporate is actually at least talking about doing something about this ongoing problem? I am amazed. :shock:
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby wolverinetodd » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:19 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
I guess I now know why I've not seen Legends Swerve and Cosmos yet, but the pegs are newly full of Legends Starscream, Megatron, Optimus, and Bumblebee. Even http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com never had a listing for Legends Swerve and Cosmos, but they've got a listing now for Tailgate and Skrapnel.

BTW, the wave of Deluxe figures containing Waspinator, Dreadwing, Goldfire (Goldbug), and Skids... was that a limited release? I got three of the four from http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com (not surprisingly their IT department forgot to add Skids to the listing at the same time as the other three) a while back and missed out on Skids when he was finally listed. Now none of the four are listed at all. So, limited release?

In the case of that particular wave, since they are working of the Individual Figure Ordering System, they need to fix it where certain waves could be ordered as well. Of course, just ordering an assortment of individual Skids and perhaps a few Waspinators (he'd make a great Deluxe Insecticon Venom repaint) would be great too.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:04 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
i dont think this is going to help, most people have to shop mass retail for tansformers and they dont know a damn thing about their individual departments these days. The person in charge of the boys section isnt going to have a clue which figure is more wanted or popular and the store is just going to order a default case like normal or order one or two of each. Only way this will work is if you can go into a store & have them order the figures that you want if they dont have them in stock. Nice to see them addressing the issue but in typical hasbro style they're far from fixing it.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Optimizzy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
well since walmart only seems to carry the big hunks of plastic with paint on them and the dino rider sparklers, I guess they wont care.

Seriously, this is only good news. I don't buy Transformers from walmart. I can't because they don't HAVE ANY.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Optimizzy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:29 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Megatron Wolf wrote:i dont think this is going to help, most people have to shop mass retail for tansformers and they dont know a damn thing about their individual departments these days. The person in charge of the boys section isnt going to have a clue which figure is more wanted or popular and the store is just going to order a default case like normal or order one or two of each. Only way this will work is if you can go into a store & have them order the figures that you want if they dont have them in stock. Nice to see them addressing the issue but in typical hasbro style they're far from fixing it.

well...I see your point but...an improvement is still an improvement. If Target, ToysRus and kmart can get a better selection that only helps them. Walmart simply does not care.

But that's fine. Kids who want Transformers will get them from stores that carry them. Some people will not know that's true. But most kids do. My boys don't like non-transformable transformers. So I think there is hope. And this helps.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Skill: 6

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Well this is a hypothetical double edged sword. On the positive, this could mean a somewhat more direct way to find shortpacked figures, or ones that the mass retailers forgo. For example the figures always lost between the transition of a previous line and the upcoming movie's, like Cosmos for example. On the flip side, in the not to distant future, if mass retailers were allowed to order individual figures as well, this could lead to another glut of figures retailers think well sell, and will only shelf warm, because they're nothing but primes and bumblebees. Cynical thought I know, but it's a possibility.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 am

It should be noted this is NOT affecting Transformers or regular retail.

And I'm guessing, since it takes months to manufacture/ship out the actual toys, this might mean pre-ordering.

Still, should be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't at all expect this to be completely revolutionary, wiping out scalpers or all distribution woes or anything, but any little help is a good thing.
And I really doubt regular retail will ever pick this up, otherwise they may just go with BB and Optimus...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby lucentgalaxy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:21 am

Okay I have lurked for years here but actually made an account to comment on this. I am so glad to see this happening. It's discouraging when my son and I go from store to store and see the same shelf warmers. He is 8 and doesn't even really want to go on our Saturday hunts anymore. He always says "dad, they aren't going to have anything new" I think Masterpiece Grimlock may have been the final straw for him.

It would have been great had Mattel done this back during the 2002 Masters of the Universe run. That line was a nightmare to collect.
lucentgalaxy
Mini-Con

Postby lucentgalaxy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:25 am

Okay, nevermind. Reading some of the comments that came after I started writing my post it would seem this isn't going to help in retail. Well, there goes that I guess. Part of the fun is finding them on the shelves not ordering online. But that's just me. At least someone is trying to resolve the issues and that's a good thing.
lucentgalaxy
Mini-Con

Postby megatronus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Noideaforaname wrote:It should be noted this is NOT affecting Transformers or regular retail.

And I'm guessing, since it takes months to manufacture/ship out the actual toys, this might mean pre-ordering.

Still, should be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't at all expect this to be completely revolutionary, wiping out scalpers or all distribution woes or anything, but any little help is a good thing.
And I really doubt regular retail will ever pick this up, otherwise they may just go with BB and Optimus...

Precisely - big box retailers won't see a change. They still need to order case assortments (I doubt they would want to change that actually; the buyers don't have enough specific knowledge to want to parse individual characters).

This is more targeted to Diamond & BBTS to help smooth out volatility in the collector market. It won't completely alleviate the pain, but certainly, if the plan becomes a reality, it will lessen it.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby BERSEKAEL » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 am

Autobot032 wrote: for example, movie toys over the Animated line...

or Animated line over Movie toys, for example
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 am

BERSEKAEL wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: for example, movie toys over the Animated line...

or Animated line over Movie toys, for example

Huh?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I think he's suggesting that the Animated line was the reason for the cancelation of that 2010 Target Exclusive box set that never saw the light of day. I have no idea if that's true or not. However, it is a shame that 3-pack of legends class Arcee sisters and correct colors Sideways never got released. I'm making due with the HA versions of the bikes for my "as in scale as possible" Movie figures display, but the smaller legends sizes would work all the better.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Well, this is definitely a step in A right direction, if maybe not THE right direction. Even if this fails, at least it means they're thinking of new ways to combat shelf-warming and understocking.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
hopefully i wont see anymore skipped over waves like fredmeyers does all the time
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics FEB230321 5B (CA) Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #4 Cvr C Dynamite Comics NOV230233 4C GPK"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST DAY SPECIAL #1 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics FEB231513 1D Escorzas"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUL231257 5C (CA) Suntrup"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST DAY SPECIAL #1 Cvr B IDW Comics FEB231511 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr V FOC 1:11 TMNT Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228347 8V"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231420 3A (CA) Lattie"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics MAY231427 5C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W 1:7 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228473 3W (CA) Haeser"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr E Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220377 2E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231442 1E (CA) Pe"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAR231660 1C (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231644 1A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON