This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Optimizzy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:What is it with Hasbro Studios and Transformers cartoon themes? Do they honestly think "generic action music" = "catchy theme song"? First Prime gets a boring tune and now RID gets an incomprehensible one. :roll:

This just means that Rescue Bots still has the best theme song of the three Hasbro Studios-made TF cartoons.

Wow. Sabrblade and I are exactly on the same page about this.

I'd figure it would have to happen some time ;)
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby K2vox » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe in the ridiculous absurdity of your genius, than who else will?"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I liked Prime's opening.. and Animated for that matter... this sucks. LET ME GUESS, the next show's subtitle is going to be called MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE. HOW ORIGINAL...
K2vox
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Animated and Prime had themes/intro music that matched their tone. This though, if it matches the show then each episode will be a jumbled mass of video because that theme sounded like it was recorded on a dieing hard drive. I can't even make out the actual music over the weird noises and effects going on.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Nemesis Destron wrote:Wow that was some hot garbage! :SICK: I didn't watch the Prime series but for a few scene's here and there. But based on this new series versus the Prime series, Prime was way more impressive looking. I think the rings in the eyes worked in Prime but that's it, we got a new lame TF series in 2015...'nuff said! :VEHI:

They seem to be going for Tron Uprising's style, with cel shading and lower framerate to giving it a sort of motion-comic look.

I did not like that about Tron Uprising, and I certainly don't like it here. You're right, it's a major step down from Prime.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:Wow that was some hot garbage! :SICK: I didn't watch the Prime series but for a few scene's here and there. But based on this new series versus the Prime series, Prime was way more impressive looking. I think the rings in the eyes worked in Prime but that's it, we got a new lame TF series in 2015...'nuff said! :VEHI:

They seem to be going for Tron Uprising's style, with cel shading and lower framerate to giving it a sort of motion-comic look.

I did not like that about Tron Uprising, and I certainly don't like it here. You're right, it's a major step down from Prime.

If you ask me, it means they can now afford to put more effort into everything other than the animation, which seemed to be their Priority One for Prime, and everything else suffered in Prime because of that.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Cthulhunicron » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I disagree. Prime had great animation, but it also had a great story, characters, and music.
Cthulhunicron
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Cthulhunicron wrote:I disagree. Prime had great animation, but it also had a great story, characters, and music.
The animation was still the best thing about it. In my book, looks shouldn't trump story and characters. Those two should be the best things of all.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:19 pm

It would appear that the previous video is not entirely the right version of the opening.

Remember how certain episodes of Prime (and Rescue Bots) would sometimes play a shortened version of the theme song? That's what that video is.

This video here is what the full, proper version of the theme song is, an it sounds MUCH better:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby dreadwing95 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It would appear that the previous video is not entirely the right version of the opening.

Remember how certain episodes of Prime (and Rescue Bots) would sometimes play a shortened version of the theme song? That's what that video is.

This video here is what the full, proper version of the theme song is, an it sounds MUCH better:

your right it does sound a lot better
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Yeah that looks alright. Still uneasy about checking this series out, but I'll still try it.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Yeah that looks alright. Still uneasy about checking this series out, but I'll still try it.
I don't see what's off about it since it's the same team that did Prime.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Yeah that looks alright. Still uneasy about checking this series out, but I'll still try it.

That's kinda what makes me uneasy. Prime looked good, and each episode was alright, but it didn't really have a story, so much as it had several stories that were messily wrapped up in different parts of the last 13 episodes, or some that were forgotten altogether. The character design is something I can probably get used to.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That's kinda what makes me uneasy. Prime looked good, and each episode was alright, but it didn't really have a story, so much as it had several stories that were messily wrapped up in different parts of the last 13 episodes, or some that were forgotten altogether. The character design is something I can probably get used to.
Ah, now I see what's up.

I agree that the storytelling of Prime wasn't the best. Or at least, for its first season. Seasons 2 and 3 had better stories than the first, even if there still were some issues with them. I guess we can say that Animated spoiled us with its more serialized format of storytelling.

Though, the episodic format seems to be what's in these days since past interviews with the Prime crew had them explain that the reason they told the kinds of stories that could usually be wrapped up at the end of each episode was to prevent from alienating new viewers who's come into the show midway, and so viewers could easily jump right into the show at any point and watch any episode at any time without necessarily having to go back and catch up ones that they've missed.

I myself don't necessarily agree with their thinking since that kind of storytelling kind of defeats the purpose of having a progressive, ongoing narrative that spans multiple episodes, thereby making the act of following said narrative from start to finish less engaging since chapters wouldn't flow together as well as they would if they built upon each other. This is why the Omega Keys arc of Prime is probably my favorite portion of that show.

Conversely, I can let the episodic format of Rescue Bots slide since that show isn't on the same scale as the bigger kid cartoons and isn't intended to be as ambitious (even if that show does tend to sometimes go the extra mile in its storytelling, but that isn't meant to be its norm, so they're special cases).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
dreadwing95 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It would appear that the previous video is not entirely the right version of the opening.

your right it does sound a lot better

This sounds like a completely different song. I really wish they found a way to work the "Transformers, More than meets the eye" lyric/musical motif in somehow. I think the last time that happened was in Cybertron? Perhaps it has to do with the lawsuit a few years ago?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:03 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really wish they found a way to work the "Transformers, More than meets the eye" lyric/musical motif in somehow. I think the last time that happened was in Cybertron?
Animated?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:42 pm

At the end of the theme song, anyone else thinking that that looks like the Immobilizer in Bee's hands?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Steeljaw: Troy Baker
Underbite: Liam O'Brien
Thunderhoof: Frank Stallone (younger brother of Sylvester Stallone!)

No way, Frank Stallone gets work after all. And troy baker being here is areally cool. Also, who plays Optimus?

:P Just messing
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:06 pm

william-james88 wrote:Also, who plays Optimus?
Frank Welker :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, who plays Optimus?
Frank Welker :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:

If you ask me, it means they can now afford to put more effort into everything other than the animation, which seemed to be their Priority One for Prime, and everything else suffered in Prime because of that.

Because limited animation worked wonders for the Unicron trilogy, huh?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:

Because limited animation worked wonders for the Unicron trilogy, huh?
Japanese TF cartoons don't seem to take themselves as seriously as Western TF cartoons (since BW, that is).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Peridot » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
The voice of Orson Welles keeps popping into my head every time I see Underbite. He's got chubby proportions and a weird beard/lower jaw thing, and it gets weirder every time I look at it. He almost looks like he could be related to Unicron.
Peridot
Combiner
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Shockwave7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 pm

I admit, what I've seen so far leads me to worry that this series won't be very good. But then again, I thought TFA would stink and it surprised me. So I'll give them a chance.

But the Decepticon designs seem kind of random. They're robots, and they turn into vehicles, but their robot modes have ANIMAL parts.... They're all over the map this time out. Plus the overall storyline seems a bit too much like "Pokemon", with the Autobots acting as dog-catchers.

I'm disappointed, as this is a 'sequel' to TF Prime, that they don't even seem to be making honorable mention of the main human characters from TF Prime. Bumblebee and Raf were supposed to have 'bonded' in TF Prime and be bosom buddies. Yet it seems in this series, they're just pretending that Miko, Raf and Jack never existed.

The Decepticons look too goofy, and don't seem to have an air of menace. They also don't seem like an organized threat - just a bunch of random 'Cons they're using as a 'monster of the week' for the Autobot dog-catchers to chase. It doesn't look too good so far. But as I say, I'll give the actual show a chance to see how it shapes up. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Metro Prime wrote:Image

Woah, I never saw Unicron's beard as being this pronounced!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:
But the Decepticon designs seem kind of random. They're robots, and they turn into vehicles, but their robot modes have ANIMAL parts.... They're all over the map this time out. Plus the overall storyline seems a bit too much like "Pokemon", with the Autobots acting as dog-catchers.

This is WITHOUT A DOUBT my favourite aspect of the show so far. I love those designs and wish I had toys for all of them. Most especially Thunderhoof who has a real badass design. The monster of the week formula does not sound bad at all for a kid's show and makes it easy for reruns.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON