This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:43 am

Motto: "Our greatest resource is each other."
Weapon: Snow Laser
To me it's so far so good. The animation style takes me back to the G1 cartoon which I always found to possess a certain charm, especially as I've become older.

Bumblebee's progression taking TF Prime into consideration is handled well. He is assertive as a leader yet remains doubtful at times which in my opinion gives him room to grow as the show continues.

Sideswipe is my favorite for sure though. Can't wait to see him implement that sword we saw in previews.
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender
Alt Mode: Red Mazda 343
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 am

You ever been to Nuon City?
.... Nooo?
THAT'S 'CAUSE I ATE IT!

I thought it was pretty fun. Not flat out amazing yet and the characters were a bit too one-note, but you could say the same about Beast Wars. I'm a bit worried how long it'll last, though. I haven't seen any adverts for it (my brother told me it was on, and he was watching the show before), the US is waaaaay behind everyone else, and the 6am timeslot can't possibly help.

Incidentally, it was interesting to see my bro's reaction to it. He hasn't seen Prime, so he was flabbergasted Optimus died. This cartoon really could've used a set-up introduction.

Not keen on Underbite being one of a 'species', robs him of hid individuality... though I'm assuming any future "Chompazoids" will just be recolors of him, as opposed to general term for any Cybertronian with eating-related gimmicks.
Speaking of which, it's weird how UB got more and more dependent on eating as time went on.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby psj333 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:44 am

ON Episode #10 Ped is said to be an earthworm in the Chinese dub. What I've found out that the American version of this character is not likely to be a earthworm, but a mole. But judging by his looks in the screencap, is Ped really an earthworm, or a mole? Can you tell which animal does Ped mostly represents? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:48 am

So, all things considered, I know that we won't be getting toys of every Decepticon if this series keeps going with introducing a new character each week, but that being said I cannot yet think of a full-sized Decepticon from this series that I wouldn't want in Warrior-class plastic form. They are all, in my opinion, very clever designs that show a lot of potential and are introducing a lot of charm to the overall Transformers mythos.

I do question, though, why "Predacons" were seen as these ancient, very different things in Prime and then this sequel has Dinobots, Chompazoids etc. which share some distinct characteristics with them...

The PS3-era video games are also a part of this continuity, right? Can someone help me to understand how such disparate moods and content fit together?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:50 am

psj333 wrote:ON Episode #10 Ped is said to be an earthworm in the Chinese dub. What I've found out that the American version of this character is not likely to be a earthworm, but a mole. But judging by his looks in the screencap, is Ped really an earthworm, or a mole? Can you tell which animal does Ped mostly represents? :CON:

Can you link to the screencap?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby psj333 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 am

Sure, Nuclear Convoy. Here it is:

https://33.media.tumblr.com/9354efdc8dd ... 3_1280.jpg

Now can you tell if Ped is an earthworm or a mole? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby STngAR » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 am

Weapon: No Weapon
The show was alright, but as I recall animated and prime started out alright for me and I ended up enjoying both series.

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 am

psj333 wrote:Sure, Nuclear Convoy. Here it is:

https://33.media.tumblr.com/9354efdc8dd ... 3_1280.jpg

Now can you tell if Ped is an earthworm or a mole? :CON:

I'd say that, to me, he looks like he is supposed to be based on a Star Nosed Mole: https://www.google.ca/search?q=star+nosed+mole&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=jZ8FVeexKJGAsQSl0oLYAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1138&bih=547
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby psj333 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:17 am

Really, NuclearConvoy? Are you absolutely certain that Ped is really a mole? Because, it seems to me that Ped is supposed to be a an earthworm, according to the Chinese dub. What's going on here? Earthworm is a worm, while a mole is a mammal. In what ways are these two animals similar, and how are they different? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby ScottyP » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:23 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I forgot this came on. Going to go find it online somewhere and set the DVR before I have to go to fan jail.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Goldbug2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:29 am

I just watched the first two episodes on Cartoon Network. I'd sern the first two episodes when it first came on youtube. I'm glad to see cartoon network has finally placed these two episodes on American broadcasting. It kind of has a mixture of Transformers Prime and the first season of the original Transformer series. It's great to see Decepticons ejecting from bigger Decepticons once more. And they finally have a Decepticon leader other than Megatron. It's been like, what, since Transformers Victory or Beast Wars Neo since they've had a different leader?
Goldbug2
Mini-Con

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:29 am

psj333 wrote:Really, NuclearConvoy? Are you absolutely certain that Ped is really a mole? Because, it seems to me that Ped is supposed to be a an earthworm, according to the Chinese dub. What's going on here? Earthworm is a worm, while a mole is a mammal. In what ways are these two animals similar, and how are they different? :CON:

Well, both worms and moles live underground and make tunnels, so they have simillar characteristics. The claws, however, really say mole to me. Earthworm isn't something I get, visually, from the body stylings.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:39 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:Really, NuclearConvoy? Are you absolutely certain that Ped is really a mole? Because, it seems to me that Ped is supposed to be a an earthworm, according to the Chinese dub. What's going on here? Earthworm is a worm, while a mole is a mammal. In what ways are these two animals similar, and how are they different? :CON:

It doesn't matter psj, settle down. Believe it or not, the exact nature of what Ped is designed against isn't vital to the fandom! Just like Underbite, he's probably going to be a made up creature. ;) Besides, he looks nothing like an earthworm or a mole, if he resembles anything, it'd be Beast Wars Torca.

And if you don't know the similarities and differences between a worm and a mole, then you got issues dude. :lol:

Also psj, the wiki is not a source of viable information, if you to get the lowdown on something it is fine, but in terms of accuracy, well, it's a catch-all for it. :HEADHURTS:
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
I personally am loving the show so far. I had alot of trouble getting into Prime for some reason, but a couple of episodes in I'm all over this show. I was even worried about the show from the trailers. Some things like Fixit, Strongarm's characterization, and Grimlock being voiced by Cyborg's voice actor concerned me. However watching the show I haven't found these to be problems at all. The show has a good sense of humor, fun characters, and nice visuals. My only gripe is that the plots are not extremely good and tend towards using deux ex machinas in place of clever solutions to problems. However with time they'll probably get better at that.
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:42 pm

So, out of curiosity, is the series actually a follow up to the same continuity line that has WFC/FOC games in it?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:04 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
NuclearConvoy wrote:So, out of curiosity, is the series actually a follow up to the same continuity line that has WFC/FOC games in it?

Debatable. I view the WFC/FOC continuity as it's own, with Prime being a different universe. Buuuut, according to Hasbro (I think), it is one big long-ass continuity.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
This was propably the best episode so far, I really liked Idea. And Grimlock was sucha badass here... It almost unbelivable that he seems to be kinda silly warrior most of the time, I quess he just is taming his real strenght so far.

The strongest pro for this series: No Optimus and no Megatron, I really like how things this time are different.
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:So, out of curiosity, is the series actually a follow up to the same continuity line that has WFC/FOC games in it?

Debatable. I view the WFC/FOC continuity as it's own, with Prime being a different universe. Buuuut, according to Hasbro (I think), it is one big long-ass continuity.

Then, according to Habro, there are two separate Grimlocks or a major personality shift and a bunch of memories forgotten have occured?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Transformers: Adventure (Japanese Dub of Robots In Disguise) Credits Theme

Postby Va'al » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As the new animated series Transformers: Robots in Disguis airs in the United States, after travelling halfway around the world, we get a new clip showing off the music for the Japanese dub of the show, titled Transformers: Adventure! While the US version tinkers with some soft metal tunes, 'Save the Future' drops deep into dubstep with some English lyrics too - check it out below via Facebook user Tania Romero!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Shadowman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
jON3.0 wrote:I mean, what was so wrong with having lots of different characters rather than a small team of good guys and a handful of bad guys with limitless drones???

Because a smaller cast means much stronger characterization and character development. In G1, the cast was so bloated everyone either had no discernible character traits, or one single, static trait. Then Beast Wars came around and, due to technical limitations requiring a smaller cast, showed us that if there's less characters overall, there's much more time to give them highly distinctive personalities and better overall development.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:04 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:

Then, according to Habro, there are two separate Grimlocks or a major personality shift and a bunch of memories forgotten have occurred?

Exactly, or something.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
There's hope that this can be explained as they have some good people behind the scenes. Maybe just try to ignore the things like that and enjoy till the staff address it. Till then just accept they are all one big continuity family.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:54 pm

*cough* Galvatron? *cough*

Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby Deadput » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Madeus Prime wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:

Then, according to Habro, there are two separate Grimlocks or a major personality shift and a bunch of memories forgotten have occurred?

Exactly, or something.

Apparently this green Grimlock has amnesia or something.

I'm sure there might be a reason for his personalty change.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby kaijuguy19 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:*cough* Galvatron? *cough*

Looks a whole lot like Galvatron which does make sense a little seeing how much exposure Galvatron got in AOE along with how Grimlock,Steeljaw and Drift got exposure from the same film and are now in RID15 Then again it could be Megatronus as in in fact either Megatron or the Fallen himself so who knows? We'll see eventually.

As for episode 9 I've enjoyed it. It was a little cute about how Bumblebee has concerns over being responsible for Strongarm which is understandable. This episode is a nice way to give them both development. Also saying Springload's cray cray is an understatement. lol Makes me wonder if he's also a religious fanatic of some cult or to the religion of Primus? He does seem the type to be so given his mental state.
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON