This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Wall of text. My opinion man.
So you're just goona ignore the good stuff he wrote because you don't want to read it?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Wall of text. My opinion man.
So you're just goona ignore the good stuff he wrote because you don't want to read it?

Unfortunately it seems like that. I read that very short "wall of text" while pinching off a loaf. We live in an attention deficit universe.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
I don't need to read it. Why would I read something that 1.) I didn't ask for, and 2.) won't change my opinion on what I watched on my own? I don't need to be persuaded... I think the show sucks so far. You can either accept that or ignore it. People defend G1 tooth and nail and I still think it's awful. I don't have to waste my time. No disrespect to the poster, but I think my opinion should also be respected especially since I watched every episode before forming an opinion.
I don't appriciate being called attention deficit offhandedly because I choose not to read every opinion on the Internet.
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:51 pm

So you expect other people to respect your opinion ion but you don't want to Reciprocate?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
NuclearConvoy wrote:So you expect other people to respect your opinion ion but you don't want to Reciprocate?

I'm not disrespecting anybody, dude. Why are you hung up on something that doesn't matter? I said you can accept my opinion or ignore it, which is what I do to others. PrymeStriker replied to my post and I kept explaining my reasons. It was not the other way around. Ya'll can like the show for all I care, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:36 pm

MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:PrymeStriker replied to my post and I kept explaining my reasons. It was not the other way around.
Yes it was. He explained his reasons too. Only difference was that he did read your reasons, which prompted him to respond in kind with his own reasons. That's how discussions work. Both parties contribute in equal portions out of fairness.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:PrymeStriker replied to my post and I kept explaining my reasons. It was not the other way around.
Yes it was. He explained his reasons too. Only difference was that he did read your reasons, which prompted him to respond in kind with his own reasons. That's how discussions work. Both parties contribute in equal portions out of fairness.

Reciprocation.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Someone care to explain what the problem is? MSG1996 gave his opinion and has been respectful of others ... maybe some of you should get off his case.
(HINT: That's a suggestion, not open for discussion. Back on topic please)
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Archanubis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:All they do is squabble and have 1 personality trait. Sideswipe is the rebel, Strongarm worries, Fixit is a geek, Bumblebee is douchey, and Grimlock's cute. There's really not that much range... they're each stuck in their own schtick

So too, did the Beast Wars characters, well into Beast Machines (a lot of it came from Rattrap, admittedly). And the Animated characters. And the Prime characters. Even G1 had the good guys squabbling amongst themselves at times.

PrymeStriker wrote:...Strongarm. She doesn't really worry, much more than she hates grinding against protocol. On the surface, she's your standard by-the-book archetype. However, like Sideswipe, she seems to have a constant need to prove something to somebody. In her case, she wants to prove to Bumblebee that she's a good cadet and could make a good superior like her supervisor.

Pretty much your standard Academy grad/rookie lawman character. But we are starting to see her starting to learn that sometimes you have to bend a little to get the job done. How far that character arc will go is anyone's guess.

PrymeStriker wrote:Fixit, as you said, is a geek. As he's only had one focus episode so far, there hasn't been a whole lot of development on his part. Besides, with Bumblebee, Strongarm, and Sideswipe being the most prominent characters, it's hard to get a word in edgewise. However, what he lacks in depth so far, he makes up for in entertainment quality. His stuttering issues and bubbly/friendly personality make him a pleasure to watch whenever he's on camera.

Hopefully we'll see his character arc as the series goes on. Right now, he's just there to provide exposition on the Decepticon-Criminal-of-the-week.

PrymeStriker wrote:Bumblebee is far from being a douche. He's just a police lieutenant that was thrown into the position of leader after being stranded on Earth with two teenagers, a criminal, and a minicon. then shoved into hunting Decepticon inmates. As such, he's trying to find his grounding as a leader. Characterized by his lame "roll out" phrases and his sometimes faulty decision making, he finds that his team doesn't always take him seriously as he tries to be the leader Optimus was. What he discovers and is learning is how to lead in his own right, not like his former leader. Also, any depth or backstory this character received has run its course in Prime. Therefore, they're trying and succeeding in giving him a new arc.

This is pretty much what Rodimus Prime's character arc in G1 should have been, but I'm getting ahead of myself there. Bumblebee is also a vet of the last war, but he spent most of it as a scout, and only had a brief stint as leader during "Predacons Rising." In a sense, he's the vet of the team, but he's learning how to be a team leader, as Striker said, with a team made up of what are essentially rookies.

PrymeStriker wrote:Although, you're right that Grimlock's about as deep as a kiddie pool and as intricate as a pencil holder.

I think part of the problem with Grimlock is that we all got used to the Grimlock from "Fall of Cybertron," not to mention this is yet *another* "goofy Grimlock" we've seen in the franchise. This is, of course, assuming that RiD15 Grimlock is the same character as FoC Grimlock (they very likely are) - the writers haven't delved into Grimlock's character arc yet. Hopefully, we'll get some story as to why he was stuffed into that stasis pod and had a Decepticon symbol stamped on him later in the series. Especially since this series seems to treat "Decepticon" as synonymous with "criminal" (aside from Fracture, who probably was a Decepticon by choice) - some of these "Decepticons" don't seem like individuals that Megatron would have tolerated on his team (Springload and Clampdown come to mind, personally).

Switching gears a bit, anyone think it's possible any of the Rescue Bots characters might make an appearance on RiD? Granted, they never showed up in Prime (never stopped Optimus or 'Bee from showing up in RB), but it would nice for at least one of them to show up in this show. Personally, I think Heatwave would be the most likely to make the leap to RiD.

:CON:
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:16 pm

If they do show up I hope it's in dinobots form to give more exposition on all the different types of cybertronian life this series toys with .
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I can't see them turning up as by this stage Rescue Bots should be set in RiD's past, so if they were to turn up, it would be post-RB characters.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Archanubis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Burn wrote:I can't see them turning up as by this stage Rescue Bots should be set in RiD's past, so if they were to turn up, it would be post-RB characters.

Oh, absolutely it would be in a post RB role, with the characters being somewhat "legendary" in their own right. Indeed, we could see Heatwave leading a new group of Rescue Bots and Chase being promoted to be the leader of his own team (possibly Boulder and Blades as well). Or Heatwave could have left the Rescue Bots (one of his characterizations is that he does want to be part of the front-line Autobots, though that seems to have lessened recently) to either be an independent (like Jazz and Drift) or leading a group similar to Bumblebee's.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Archanubis wrote:
Burn wrote:I can't see them turning up as by this stage Rescue Bots should be set in RiD's past, so if they were to turn up, it would be post-RB characters.

Oh, absolutely it would be in a post RB role, with the characters being somewhat "legendary" in their own right. Indeed, we could see Heatwave leading a new group of Rescue Bots and Chase being promoted to be the leader of his own team (possibly Boulder and Blades as well). Or Heatwave could have left the Rescue Bots (one of his characterizations is that he does want to be part of the front-line Autobots, though that seems to have lessened recently) to either be an independent (like Jazz and Drift) or leading a group similar to Bumblebee's.

This would require the writers to care about the aligned continuity. I don't know yet if they do.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby kaijuguy19 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Since Windblade was said long ago that she'll be appearing in the other TF media other then IDW that means she can have a chance to show up in RID15 later on and I'm betting like IDW she'll be a jet with Japanese elements to her like with Drift. What also helps is that the writer who did her first miniseries and currently the second Windblade miniseries at IDW is on the writer staff.
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 pm

kaijuguy19 wrote:Since Windblade was said long ago that she'll be appearing in the other TF media other then IDW that means she can have a chance to show up in RID15 later on and I'm betting like IDW she'll be a jet with Japanese elements to her like with Drift. What also helps is that the writer who did her first miniseries and currently the second Windblade miniseries at IDW is on the writer staff.

Definitely interested in seeing that design. Sadly I had to pass up on buying a Drift recently (my girlfriend was there to help me reel in my wallet lol) but next time I see him he's mine. After a couple paychecks lol.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 am

Just throwing this out there. Rescue Bots has been no stranger to a few time travel stories. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Transformers: Robots In Disguise New Decepticon Character Scuzzard Revealed

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to an Amazon listing for a new chapter book based on the Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series, we have the reveal of a new member of the escaped Decepticons: Scuzzard! You can check out the listing for the book, authored by John Sazaklis and out in May, here, and check out the cover showing off Bumblebee and the new Con below!

The first in an exciting, original chapter book series based on the new Cartoon Network show, Transformers: Robots in Disguise!

Copyright © 2015 Hasbro.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Emerje » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Please tell me he turns into a missile launcher. Also kinda wish they spelled his name Skuzzard so we could spell Skar out of his name. It's the little things, you know?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Hope we get a toy. It looks like Filch except with a different head and neck. It would be an easy pretool mold.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby psj333 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Does the new Decepticon, Scuzzard, has a vehicle mode like most other Decepticon, or he is related to or just like Filch? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Deadput » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Wonder how long until Hasbro gets into trouble with that name.

(Google it up and you'll know what I mean.)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Deadput » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
NuclearConvoy wrote:This would require the writers to care about the aligned continuity. I don't know yet if they do.

They certainly care when it comes to the cartoons and not the games and books.

Plus they have already made reference to Griffin Rock in the show (regarding Bumblebee's alt mode)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Cobotron » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:(Google it up and you'll know what I mean.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh that is just unfortunate. :lol: :lol: :-(
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Cobotron wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:(Google it up and you'll know what I mean.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh that is just unfortunate. :lol: :lol: :-(

It's Nexus Maximus all over again.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:08 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Wonder how long until Hasbro gets into trouble with that name.

(Google it up and you'll know what I mean.)

And just what are those claws about to do to poor old Bumblebee.
I think this may be worse than Nexus Maximus.
Burn
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Urban Legends #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200718 26B Turtles (CA) Kuhn"
TMNT Urban Legends ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics DEC221448 2B (CA) Eastman +Bishop"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr L 1:25 Boom Studios Comics OCT220280 1L (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230409 111A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220551 1J (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #30 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221681 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #30 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SOURCEBOOK #2 IDW Comics 2024 2024 JAN241265 Ninja Turtles (CA) Santalouco"
NEW!
TMNT SOURCEBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics JUN230422 (CA) Photo"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Best of BEBOP + ROCKSTEADY #1 IDW Comics 2023 Ninja Turtles AUG231437"
TMNT Best of BEBOP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #145 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 AUG231422 145D Turtles Ongoing (CA) Ziritt"
TMNT #145 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics JUL230123 112F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr D 1:10 RI IDW Comics MAY231423 3D 3RI Levins"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #130 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 APR221589 130RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Franks"
TMNT #130 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #28 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220511 (CA) Schweitzer 220531A"
USAGI YOJIMBO #28 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON