This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
WOW! A NEW FEMALE DECEPTICON! AND SHE'S NOT BLACKARACHNIA OR SLIPSTREAM!

For real though, cool! New Decepticon, and she doesn't have a crazy animal-like robot mode! I mean, that was cool for a while (Bisk), but glad they're not continuing with it.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
It seems that every female Decepticon has the same or similar color schemes. Dark purple and/or black. >:oP
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Shockwave7 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:58 pm

I agree. The goofy heads and hyper-exaggerated personalities that they've been giving the Cons in this series have been hard to stomach. And there's just something 'off' about the way they've been putting the Cons together here in general. They're humanoid robots, but they have animal parts and characteristics. And they don't turn IN to animals, they turn into vehicles. And instead of having mostly flyers (as the Cons are generally known for), their alt modes are mostly cars. It's like the series writers can't make up their minds about them....
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Nisus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Man, another new Fem? AND it's a 'Con? =P~

Good times!

Now.... tell me she's going to get a figure. :PRAY:
Nisus
Mini-Con

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm

At least it wasn't felch
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:WOW! A NEW FEMALE DECEPTICON! AND SHE'S NOT BLACKARACHNIA OR SLIPSTREAM!

For real though, cool! New Decepticon, and she doesn't have a crazy animal-like robot mode! I mean, that was cool for a while (Bisk), but glad they're not continuing with it.

There're probably more of Bisk's ilk in this series than of Filch's.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:36 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:WOW! A NEW FEMALE DECEPTICON! AND SHE'S NOT BLACKARACHNIA OR SLIPSTREAM!

There're probably more of Bisk's ilk in this series than of Filch's.

Yeah. I liked Bisk though. Not so much the character, but the concept. A red Decepticon car that turns into a robot lobster named Bisk. Hah.

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Bisk is awesome. I want to petition for these one-off (so far ) Decepticons to get toys. They interest me far more than ywt another Tank Megatron (us). Warrior class each and every one ( it had been said Warrior class would be the highest complexity in this line).
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Mkall » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
The first character design that I like on the Decepticon's side. If she makes it into toy form, I may get her.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby frogbat » Fri May 01, 2015 1:26 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Desslok2201 wrote:At least it wasn't felch

I had to do a double take when I read it.

Shockwave7 wrote:I agree. The goofy heads and hyper-exaggerated personalities that they've been giving the Cons in this series have been hard to stomach. And there's just something 'off' about the way they've been putting the Cons together here in general. They're humanoid robots, but they have animal parts and characteristics. And they don't turn IN to animals, they turn into vehicles. And instead of having mostly flyers (as the Cons are generally known for), their alt modes are mostly cars. It's like the series writers can't make up their minds about them....

yeah it looks like they relied on focus groups exclusively made up of 5-7 year old children given the question "what would make the best transformer imaginable"

Animal robot with wheels!
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri May 01, 2015 8:25 am

frogbat wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:At least it wasn't felch

I had to do a double take when I read it.

Shockwave7 wrote:I agree. The goofy heads and hyper-exaggerated personalities that they've been giving the Cons in this series have been hard to stomach. And there's just something 'off' about the way they've been putting the Cons together here in general. They're humanoid robots, but they have animal parts and characteristics. And they don't turn IN to animals, they turn into vehicles. And instead of having mostly flyers (as the Cons are generally known for), their alt modes are mostly cars. It's like the series writers can't make up their minds about them....

yeah it looks like they relied on focus groups exclusively made up of 5-7 year old children given the question "what would make the best transformer imaginable"

Haters gonna hate.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 01, 2015 9:14 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Have fun watching Filch never transforming out of bird mode into robot mode (save for one brief instance that's barely visible), guys. :P
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:Have fun watching Filch never transforming out of bird mode into robot mode, guys. :P

Not true. Very close to true, but most definitely not true.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 am

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Have fun watching Filch never transforming out of bird mode into robot mode, guys. :P

Right, thanks. Post has been edited.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

Right, thanks. Post has been edited.

She's that giant bird thing that Strongarm flying punches in the face, isn't she? I'd completely forgotten about that.

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander

Postby frogbat » Fri May 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

criticism does not necessary mean one hates. I watched a few episodes and it's not bad.. prefer it to animated but it's a bit too kiddy which is fine cos that's their target audience. From a design aesthetic and from what has come before point of view I find the decepticon designs a bit strange and they might be fun but they don't appeal to me...
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7

Postby Darth Jumpy » Fri May 01, 2015 4:20 pm

If she gets a toy, I hope that they will also come out with an BW Airazor repaint.
Darth Jumpy
Mini-Con

Postby Nisus » Fri May 01, 2015 5:21 pm

Darth Jumpy wrote:If she gets a toy, I hope that they will also come out with an BW Airazor repaint.

Even if they don't, that's already on my 'To Do List'
Nisus
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 pm

Regarding people's comments about this show being "kiddie" so far, it's no more kiddie than most other TF cartoons. Aside from Beast Machines and Prime, there hasn't really been any other TF cartoon that wasn't considerably kid-oriented in its earliest stages. Beast Machines and Prime are, have been, and likely always will be the exception, not the norm.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Just watched the episode with the klepto bird. It was rather funny but I'm starting to notice the divide between cons on the show and on the shelves. I thought only Japan had problems with bad guys selling.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby dreadwing95 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:33 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Just watched the episode with the klepto bird. It was rather funny but I'm starting to notice the divide between cons on the show and on the shelves. I thought only Japan had problems with bad guys selling.

dont know where that idea came into there heads at hasbro. kids usually love the villains. the only villain toys i didnt like as a kid were the movie decepticons because i didnt like there designs and that they were mostly fodder in the movies
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby MrBlack » Mon May 04, 2015 10:51 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
frogbat wrote:yeah it looks like they relied on focus groups exclusively made up of 5-7 year old children given the question "what would make the best transformer imaginable"

Gosh, you'd think this was a children's show or something!
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
TFW2005.com has unlocked more characters on the RID mobile game revealing the alternate modes for several previously revealed characters, including Megatronus, Ironhide, Prowl, and Razorpaw (happy now psj?)

Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby dreadwing95 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:42 am

i love the second image of megatronus. the horns look better on him
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby psj333 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

You know, Madeus Prime, I`m pleased to see that Razorpaw has a vehicle mode, and according to TFW2005.com, he turns into a buggy resembles a Rallyfighter from Age of Extinction. However, that`s not completely true. You see, by the looks of him, it seems to us that Razorpaw is actually a muscle car, resembling a 1980s Mustang. Only difference is monstrous wheels. That`s great news! All we need right now is an action figure of him.

As for the cartoon itself, Razorpaw makes his debut alongside with Windblade. What we know already is that Razorpaw escaped Windblade`s attack, due to Sideswipe`s interference. You said he will likely be captured like all the rest. But according to a Transformers site, it shows a lists of which Decepticons are captured and which ones are still at large. According to the site, it says that Razorpaw is still at large and not captured. Could this mean that he`ll join Steeljaw`s army, or will he choose to live individually, since that dogs always hate cats?

We also now know that Megatronus will be the main villain of the series and not Steeljaw. Does that mean that he will be Steeljaw's boss, in the same way as Optimus is Bumbleebee's boss? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM344 4C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2RI Pitre-Durocher 230926X"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUN221673 4A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Quintesson Set of 5 A B C D E Image Comics (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 APR221598 2RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON