This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Flashwave » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:17 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, up until Jazz came along, Cybertron didn't know about the Alchemor's crash-landing, and Bee bridged to Earth illegally and with no way of contacting Cybertron, so Cybertron is both unaware of the Decepticon fugitives on Earth and think's Bee's gone AWOL, so they wouldn't be sending help to someone they put a bounty on.

I'm well aware of all of that.

But surely by now Jazz would have contacted Cybertron, heck, I thought Drift might have as well.

Or you know, a prison ship full of Decepticons missing ... surely THAT would warrant more looking into.

Guess Cybertronian hierarchy has gone down the crapper since Optimus died. Image

In my head, I've imagined the Alchemor to be something of a roaming prison, and not a big transport, that mostly gets forgotten about until someone gets arrested and they go "Hey, I need a prison. Oh, it's in the benzuli sector." Makes it hard to jailbreak that way, not knowing where it is. The powers that be may not have even known it went missing until someone trie to call up Fixit and didn't get a response. New York probably wouldn't have noticed the Titanic sank until it missed its arrival had they not been told.

But I agree, by now Jazz should have said something to someone, and I think this show is suffering from a confused pacing. We KNOW(?)/Rumored that Prime Autobots are scheduled for S2. And we have a Decepticon running around who distinctively looks like Bulkhead; with no more tweaking than Ultra Magnus got in Prime, it's safe to say I think that we can take that to mean more Autobots ARE coming. Just, not until 30 episodes in. Probably, Bumblebee will get his backup about the time the show is ready to take on whatever Prime's mission is. Someone, Jazz, Bulkhead, Drift, will show up again, mop up in 3 episodes, so the story can move on. It just feels like its taking a long time, and the story is making it clear that episodes are not occuring day-to-day in continuity.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:04 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
What if something happened to Jazz on his way back to Cybertron? After all, a mere two episodes after Jazz left, both Drift and Fracture came to Earth seeking the bounty that the Council had put on Bumblebee's head. If Jazz had gotten back and explained Bee's situation by the next episode, why would the Council still have a bounty on him? Sure, Jazz could have still been en route to Cybertron when Drift and Fracture showed up, but suppose he never made it back at all. :-?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Producer Adam Beechen Interview

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Comics and entertainment website Comic Book Resources were able to have a lengthy chat with producer and head writer for the current animated TV series Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Adam Beechen. They touched upon the presence of Grimlock, the placing of the series in terms of the wider Transformers universe, the cast, Optimus Prime and more - read the whole piece here, and some selected passages below!

The producer and head writer for Cartoon Network’s “Robots in Disguise,” Beechen shared with SPINOFF how he’s working to open up Transformers to a younger audience while building on the stories that have come before. He also explained what it’s like to tap “Batman Beyond’s” Will Friedel as the voice of Bumblebee, teased the show’s long-term mysteries about the fate of Optimus Prime, and more.

Spinoff Online: Over the past few years, Hasbro has kept the continuity from all their various “Transformers” franchises unified in one way or another between TV and video games and comics. This show is a step forward in that idea since it takes the premise past the “Autobots and Decepticons crash-landed on Earth.” What’s it like to be writing what is the forefront of the canon in some respect?

Adam Beechen: I think that I had the benefit coming in of never having worked on the Transformers franchise before. I didn’t write for “Prime.” And so I wasn’t as emotionally tied to all of the continuity elements that a lot of the people who had worked on that show had been. And it’s great that they are because they’re a wonderful resource for me to find out background info I need. But my main goal coming into this series was, “Let’s make this a show for Bumblebee. Let’s give him the exposure he hasn’t really had in a brand new way.” And as part of that, we get to introduce a bunch of new characters for a new generation of viewers that they can get attached to. It’s still part of the larger Transformers universe, but you don’t have to know 30 years of history to enjoy them, appreciate them and just have fun.

And the show then can serve as a bridge tonally between “Rescue Bots” and “Transformers Prime.” The kids aging out of “Rescue Bots” can jump onto “Robots in Disguise” and still feel at home. But at the same time, they have a little bit more serious adventures with a little bit higher stakes. And then they can ease into all the giant continuity that the series have put together.

[...]

Is it liberating as a showrunner when you work with a company like Hasbro and you have a guaranteed order for a long run on the series?

It doesn’t so much change your approach, but you know how many episodes you have, so you pace out the story you’re telling accordingly. Typically what happens in a situation like this is that at the start of the season you sit down with the brand team and find out what their plans are in terms of the upcoming seasons – as in calendar seasons – for what toys they’re releasing when and what kind of story elements they’d like to see in the upcoming episodes. You have that meeting and plan out episodes according to that, but doing so in a way that tells the best possible stories. You’re not just cramming toys in there. You want to tell a cool story and help with what they’re doing as well. And it just runs from there.

It’s pretty rare that a brand will come back to you in the middle of your season and say, “By the way, we’ve come up with a new figure that will be on the shelves of the toy stores tomorrow. Get it into the next episode!” There’s not any time for things like that. So after that initial meeting, you’re well aware of what you want to do over the course of the season and how to make everyone happy. From there, you’re free to tell the coolest stories you can.

And what about the comics side of all this? Frequently, there will be a kid-friendly comic version that ties into the show in a way that fleshes out what we see on screen. Is that the case for July’s series from IDW?

We’re very aware of what’s happening with the comics, and we love what IDW has done with this world. That factors into our thinking, and we’ve had the good fortune of having one of the key comic book writers – Mairghread Scott, who you may or may not be familiar with – work with us. Mairghread was the script coordinator on our series, and she graduated quickly to being one of the key writers on the show. She is a living repository of all things Transformers, and so she knows what’s gone on across every single medium the characters have ever appeared in. As we were working, she’d say, “The comics have already been there. You may want to do something different with an episode.” Or she may say to the comic editors, “The show did this thing, so it would be kind of cool if you tied it in this way.” I can’t say for sure how all the comics will reflect the series, but we’re definitely aware of each other as we go forward

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
I like how the article says "years after the events of the films and Transformers Prime" as if the movies are in the same continuity. >:oP
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
PrymeStriker wrote:I like how the article says "years after the events of the films and Transformers Prime" as if the movies are in the same continuity. >:oP

" Over the past few years, Hasbro has kept the continuity from all their various “Transformers” franchises unified in one way or another between TV and video games and comics." is a good one, too. About the only place that's true is in how TFWIKI decides to smush certain versions of characters onto the same page, no matter how they don't actually belong together, like the WFC and Prime characters, just because Hasbro has made this inaccurate claim.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Skill: 4

Postby MoonHelix-888 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:10 pm

Optimum Supreme wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I like how the article says "years after the events of the films and Transformers Prime" as if the movies are in the same continuity. >:oP

" Over the past few years, Hasbro has kept the continuity from all their various “Transformers” franchises unified in one way or another between TV and video games and comics." is a good one, too. About the only place that's true is in how TFWIKI decides to smush certain versions of characters onto the same page, no matter how they don't actually belong together, like the WFC and Prime characters, just because Hasbro has made this inaccurate claim.

Yeah, someone should talk to TFWiki about this. It's a great site, but this is so far the main complaint I have about it.
MoonHelix-888
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 pm

MoonHelix-888 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:

Yeah, someone should talk to TFWiki about this. It's a great site, but this is so far the main complaint I have about it.

Let. It. Go, guys.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MoonHelix-888 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:29 am

Ok, ok. Was a minor gripe anyway.
MoonHelix-888
Mini-Con

Postby psj333 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:15 am

Does Nightstrike really have a vehicle, or does he transform into a human, much like Filch, since that he hasn't transform yet in the series? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby psj333 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:19 am

Does Nightstrike really have a vehicle, or does he transform into a human, much like Filch, since that he hasn't transform yet in the series? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby psj333 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:29 am

Does Nightstrike really have a vehicle mode , or does he transform into a human, much like Filch, since that he hasn't transform yet in the series? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:27 am

psj333 wrote:Does Nightstrike really have a vehicle mode , or does he transform into a human, much like Filch, since that he hasn't transform yet in the series? :CON:

The way it looks, to me, is that the vampire bat form is his robot mode. Those big circles on the wings and the fact that his arms aren't attached to his wings are my basis for this. But it's purely conjecture. I have a lot more episodes to watch though.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby psj333 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:22 am

So basically, what you`re trying to tell me, NuclearConvoy, is that the circles attached to his wings are wheels, meaning that Nightstrike is very likely to have a vehicle mode. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:So basically, what you`re trying to tell me, NuclearConvoy, is that the circles attached to his wings are wheels, meaning that Nightstrike is very likely to have a vehicle mode. :CON:

You literally just reiterated the exact same information NuclearConvoy just answered you with.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun

Seriously, people...

...there's other facepalm images to choose from.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Oh, for spark's sake.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby smdudajr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:46 am

Motto: ""Jump into your imagination and let it take control of your mind! You make your life what you want it to be." - Duda"
Weapon: No Weapon
psj333 wrote:Does Nightstrike really have a vehicle mode , or does he transform into a human, much like Filch, since that he hasn't transform yet in the series? :CON:

Actually it looks like Nightstrike could be a possible remold of TFP Skystalker. I understand that the "wheel" placement is in a different spot, but just a quick remold of the head and some paint.
"Jump into your imagination and let it take control of your mind! You make your life what you want it to be." - Duda
smdudajr
Mini-Con
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby dreadwing95 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:54 am

smdudajr wrote:

Actually it looks like Nightstrike could be a possible remold of TFP Skystalker. I understand that the "wheel" placement is in a different spot, but just a quick remold of the head and some paint.

that actually sounds pretty sweet. hope we get a toy like that
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 am

smdudajr wrote:

Link please?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby psj333 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:52 am

NuclearConvoy, you once said that the vampire mode is Nightstrike`s robot mode. Also, you also said that the circles attached to his wings are appeared to be wheels. Is it true that those circles are really wheels? If so, does that mean that he will the first flying animal to have a vehicle mode? If he does, is he most likely going to be some kind of a plane, as opposed to Filch? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:14 am

psj333 wrote:NuclearConvoy, you once said that the vampire mode is Nightstrike`s robot mode. Also, you also said that the circles attached to his wings are appeared to be wheels. Is it true that those circles are really wheels? If so, does that mean that he will the first flying animal to have a vehicle mode? If he does, is he most likely going to be some kind of a plane, as opposed to Filch? :CON:
No one know anything that is "true" about this. We're all guessing, making assumptions. Stop asking for facts when we have none. None of us has any connections with this show to answer to questions you keep asking. We're all just ordinary fans who don't work on the show.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Synopses for Episodes 22-26, Season Finale Spoilers

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:38 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Much like the last report we had from French TV listings website Programme-TV.com, we have some further details on the remaining episode of the first season of Transformers: Robots in Disguise - and they have more spoilers than you can shake a Decepticon Hunter at.

Feel free to proceed below to read our translation of the synopses (found here) for episodes 22 to 26, airing on Wednesdays June 24th and July 1st on Canal J, but you have been warned!

22. Sworn Friends
Grimlock discovers and gets closer to another Dinobot fugitive, letting them escape, resulting in destruction and fear among the humans. Our heroes must join forces to stop them. Meanwhile, Denny builds a camper for Russell, afraid of his dad's tacky decorative taste.

23. Queen Bee
Sideswipe finds a solitary Autobot on mission on Earth, apparently also sent by Optimus. The newcomer accepts to join forces with Bumblebee's small team to defeat a Decepticon who bears striking resemblance to a queen bee.

24. Ghosts and Impostors
Bumblebee decides to show his team planet Earth's sights. He leads them to a Far West ghost town, but they encounter an Decepticon capable of mimicking any and every shape.

25. Optimus Returns
The threat looming over Earth becomes clear, and the Primes decide to send Optimus back, even though his training is not complete. Meanwhile, Steeljaw's gang allows a new, formidable enemy to also arrive on Earth: Megatronus.

26. Megatronus' Revenge
Megatronus gets ready to destroy Earth, but thanks to Bumblebee's strategy, the loyalty and courage of this team, and with the assistance of a particularly powerful Optimus, our heroes are able to defeat him.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Lockdownhunter » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:56 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I rather like these.
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby psj333 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:39 am

More episodes for Robots In Disguise, Va'al? Well then, good. I am glad to hear that! However, I do have a interesting feeling concerning new character debuts for these upcoming episodes. In episode 22, Grimlock decides to free a Decepticon prisoner just because he is a Dinobot, no matter which side he belongs to. Will this Dinobot possess a vehicle mode, as opposed to Grimlock? In episode 23, the new Decepticon is a Queen Bee. Does this mean the return of Waspinator, or an additional female Decepticon besides Filch? Does the Queen Bee have a vehicle mode? In episode 25 and 26, Megatronus will be beaten by Optimus and taken to prison by Bumblebee in episode 26, meaning that Megatronus is not the main bad guy for the series. In other words, Megatron is likely the main boss, and not Steeljaw or Megatronus! I was hoping to watch these episodes online once they hit dailymotion.com. When will they be available on dailymotion.com? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby pie-man » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:54 am

Seems like Windblade is the autobot Sideswipe encounters/will encounter in E23.

Quite excited, and eagerly awaiting the rest of the season. Still curious about how the events of the comic's last page (Magnus, Arcee & Bulkhead being on earth) plays out in the show.
pie-man
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON