This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby dragons » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Kids will laugh at this I did not laugh at this is to laugh at comedy in live action series movies
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Episode 21

Denny just bought a roller coaster!

Ha. Strongarm's concerned over the phrase "it was a steal". Still, it'd sound funnier coming from Chase.

Russell tries to teach Grimlock how to play football, but manages to have the security alarm set off.

Steeljaw's pack is eyeing the scrapyard.

A new Decepticon is wanting to join Steeljaw's pack, and is being used by them as bait.

His name's Kickback. I'm not gonna jump to any conclusions about what, if any, relation he may or may not have to his Insecticon namesake.

The manifest describes him as a professional Decepticon lackey who's worked with just about every criminal on Cybertron.

Kickback breaks free and, whoa, he turns into an F-1 racer!

The comm systems have been jammed.

Steeljaw's pack has infiltrated the scrapyard.

Airazor takes over the Alchemor's control console.

Steeljaw's dossier states that he's been jailed for instigating rebellion and has a knowledge of subsonics.

The security system will be rewired to emit sonic pulses that don't affect bots outfitted with the special chips Steeljaw cobbled together for his pack, but which aren't nearly as kind to standard Autobots and Dinobots.

Steeljaw would have modified the defense field subsonics to destroy the Autobots, but the power source was too limited.

The Autobots surrender their Decepticon Hunters.

Steeljaw's wanting to free the other Decepticons from their stasis pods.

Fixit claims that the pods can only be open from the command console or else they explode.

Russell and Denny escape when Underbite is distracted by a delicious-looking metal boat. They're going to try to take down Thunderhoof and Clampdown first.

The sonic field extends underground by at least 50 feet.

Thunderhoof and Clampdown chase Denny and Russell up the back hillside, where they are tricked into sliding down the unfinished roller coaster.

They almost crash into a storage locker, but Clampdown swings himself and Thunderhoof away at the last second, prompting Russell to trigger an emergency ejection (but not before Clampdown grabs Denny).

Steeljaw threatens to harm Denny if Fixit doesn't open the stasis pods right now.

The pods are opening...

Russell gets to the Bee Team.

Since the field is only set to keep out Autobots and Dinobots, the Autobots wonder if Mini-Cons can get through.

When the Pack is distracted, Fixit quickly stops the pods from opening.

Slipstream is catapulted into the scrapyard.

As is Jetstorm, who strikes the console on his landing, disabling the subsonic field.

It's Bots vs. Cons, but the pods are still opening.

Denny gets the pods closed.

Steeljaw vows to give the Decepticons their own world, this world, and he shall rule them.

The whole Pack gets out of dodge.

Denny and Russell are commended for their actions.

At his hideout, Steeljaw vents his frustration.

A mysterious individual contacts Steeljaw.

He calls himself "the first Decepticon", and claims to be responsible for the Alchemor's crash. He further claims to have freed Steeljaw and his pack to serve him.

He tells Steeljaw to prepare his gateway, and that he will provide Steeljaw with instructions shortly.

Steeljaw is reluctant to follow anyone's order, but this person warns him that, despite being in different dimensions, this "first Decepticon" can still hurt Steeljaw.

Steeljaw still refuses, but then this person promises Steeljaw that he will give Steeljaw this world if Steeljaw does what he says. Intrigued, Steeljaw agrees... for now.

Gil Gerard -- Megatronus (Steeljaw's contact)
Liam O'Brian -- Kickback

Okay, so, before I talk about that ending, I'll say that this episode in several ways reminded me of the Animated episode "Sari, No One's Home", from the Autobot base being infiltrated while they're out distracted by another Con, to the base having to be protected by human characters using Home Alone-styled traps and such. Though, with the characters involved being more of the main cast instead of the comic relief side characters, this one felt just a little more on the serious side, which is good since another humor-centric take on this concept might have felt a bit redundant. Plus, this time, the distracting Con was a minor character, Kickback, and I hope we'll see more of him at some point since I kinda felt sorry for the guy when the Pack used him the way it did. And we got more of Steeljaw's plans showing that he does indeed want to rule the world, but not just for the sheer sake of ruling like most Megatrons do, but more so that he can guarantee total freedom for all Decepticon kind, with everyone serving under him. So he's not quite as noble in his ambitions as we were led to believe, but there is still some bit of nobility in them for wanting the Decepticons to have their own world free of Autobot oppression. And of course, there's Denny and Russell proving their worth in this one with their quick thinking and intuitive use of the scrapyard's doohickeys to outsmart the Pack.

And now, let's talk about that ending. Though it came out of nowhere, I am glad to see that we are getting real, proper build up to the finale at a point that is both close enough to the finale to not be too late and far enough into the series to not be too soon. Looking back at the season, the hints we got of this before were a bit too sporadic, but with this coming right after Optimus's warning in the previous episode, it feels like things might be heading down a more fluid path to make the finale come at a more natural pace. I'm looking forward to seeing what's to come out of this (please don't spoil anything for me, I'm still making my way through the episodes as of this typing).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
dragons wrote:Kids will laugh at this I did not laugh at this is to laugh at comedy in live action series movies

What comedy?

Your not talking about the stupid inappropriate jokes that Bay puts in are you?

I'm a Bayformers fan and i defend it and even then I know that Bay's jokes are horrible and have never been funny especially since Transformers is a kids franchise swear words are ok-ish but the humor is never funny nor is it ok.

It's not even just an opinion its a fact as well and AOE is a step in the right direction right now.

Rid's actually has real comedy!
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby ausbot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I loved the season finale, If season 1 was a warm up I look forward to season 2.
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

ausbot wrote:I loved the season finale, If season 1 was a warm up I look forward to season 2.

Rather disappointing in my opinion Mostly with all the Decepticons captured except for Steeljaw and Kickback not including those yet to be revealed as well as the fact that Optimus is a permanent member of the team which is stupid and undermines the whole point of it being Bumblebee's story even if Bee is still in charge oh and the fact that Jazz has not reappeared but that ones just a minor annoyance
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
ausbot wrote:I loved the season finale, If season 1 was a warm up I look forward to season 2.

Rather disappointing in my opinion Mostly with all the Decepticons captured except for Steeljaw and Kickback not including those yet to be revealed as well as the fact that Optimus is a permanent member of the team which is stupid and undermines the whole point of it being Bumblebee's story even if Bee is still in charge oh and the fact that Jazz has not reappeared but that ones just a minor annoyance

Well, It was a climatic final battle. And they are not even sure if there will be a Season 2, so they kinda need an ending that says "this could be it" but yet could be picked up again with Season 2. And I look forward to season 2 if it happens.
As I said previously, this reminds me of Battle force 5. Season 1 was all about catching the battle keys against common foes who at the end unleashed an ultimate evil. Season 2 was them much more focused and brought in new tech, ideas and a more centralized focus: With the battle key mission nearly complete but a new, far bigger threat now unleashed, things got more focused and drastically improved. I really think that can happen here, and I really did like the Season finale and hope that this show continues :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Episode 22

Denny's obnoxious snoring is keeping Russell from sleeping.

The next morning, Denny offers to build Russell his own place separate from the trailer.

Grimlock's on patrol and sees something.

It's another Dinobot! An Ankylosaur with Decepticon symbols. His voice sounds awesome.

He's named Scowl. His tail club is named "the Kaboomer".

Scowl really loves smashing stuff without a care in the world.

Scowl convinces Grimlock to smash apart the stadium their at, since Grimlock figures that the humans were tearing it down anyway and they'd be doing the humans a favor.

Denny pulls up in an old beat up RV to be remade into Russell's new place.

Scowl wants to "smash this lousy planet to splinters!" Grimlock confesses that he's an Autobot now and kinda has to arrest Scowl. Scowl argues that he's not a bad bot, but just likes to smash stuff.

Grimlock decides to let Scowl go if he promises not to put any humans (or "screamers" as Scowl calls them) in danger. Scowl promises, but not very convincingly (to us viewers, that is).

Russell's worried his dad's gonna do his place all up in "Denny style".

Grimlock returns with the claim of having found no Decepticons (or smashing) on patrol, but Fixit detects a signal near the demolition derby where Grimlock was just at.

Grimlock confesses everything.

Scowl's dossier says that he worked for Thunderhoof as a Wrecker (hopefully not the same Wreckers as the Autobot team of the same name) who destroyed the homes of bots who wouldn't vacate after Thunderhoof stole the land they sat on.

Bee's failed rally cry: "Okay, Autobots... Let's wreck and roll!"

Grimlock still thinks Scowl isn't a bad bot and suggests becoming Scowl's mentor, to which Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Drift all explain why that isn't a good idea.

Scowl appears, thinking Grimlock's turned on him.

Scowl had kept his promise to not harm any humans, but smashes the train bridge as a train is one its way.

As they smash each other, Grimlock and Scowl had an ideological debate about what it means to be a Dinobot.

The bridge is too badly damaged to salvage, so they need to smash the whole thing away to...

...let the Autobots catch the whole train in this hands, and turn it around to redirect it to its previous stop. Strongarm broadcasts an emergency message to the passengers.

Scowl's gotten away. He's happened upon a fancy hotel resort with lots of humans.

Denny places a rooftop entertainment center atop the RV, which smashes it.

Denny wanted to do something special for Russell since he wasn't there for Russell that much when he was a kid. But now the two will work on it together.

Sideswipe attempts to announce to the humans that Scowl is a rare kangaroo that's escaped from the exotic animal park.

Grimlosk struggles to keep a ton of debris from falling on a meditation group.

Grimlock goes totally primal on Scowl!

Grimlock tricks Scowl into thinking that Grimlock finally agrees with Scowl's ideals, only for Grimlock to knock him out cold.

Russell' new place is finally done, made out of an old car and another camper.

Mark Hildreth -- Scowl (I knew his voice sounded awesome for a reason!), Automated Announcer

This episode, while using the classic plot of "good guy is swayed by a seemingly gray bad guy to be more like him and torn between what's right and wrong" plot, was fairly enjoyable. Charming, even. Though Scowl as a character wasn't that special, he sure had a cool design and a great voice. But it was Grimlock who made this a good one, as we got to see him thinking much more smarter than ever before, showing us that he really does understand where the line is drawn in how one should behave and even having him engage in a ethical debate over it ("Just because something's easier and more fun, Scowl, that doesn't make it right."), and all because he really wanted to help Scowl rather than just beat him up. But in the end, Grimlock had to accept that "You can't helpo some bot who doesn't want to be helped." It's like what Bumblebee said near the episode's end: "When did you get so smart?" It's really great to get these kinds of episodes that show us just how deep even the dimmest of characters can be.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Episode 23

Having noticed how many of the Alchemor's prisoners resemble Earth's animals, Strongarm's having the others learn more about Earth animal physiology.

Sideswipe's over this and goes off to train on his own.

Crouching Razorpaw, Flying Windblade!

Windblade mistakens Sideswipe for a Decepticon.

Windblade is brought back to the scrapyard.

Windblade was sent by Primus (yeah, that Primus) on a mission of her own more than a thousand years ago. Primus believed that someday a terrible evil would focus on Earth and threaten all life in this galaxy. He upgraded her tracking systems and put her in stasis, ordering her to protect this word at all costs.

She awoke on the other side of the planet a month ago. She's hunted down every Con she's sensed since then.

Windblade detected a new Con on her own, and showed Fixit how to enhance his computer's scanners.

Windblade's rally cry: "Alright, let's crank our pistons and cross some distance!"

Strongarm is really not liking all the attention Windblade's getting.

Strongarm's jealousy caused her team to be spotted by a (very robotic-sounding) human, who radios for drones to intercept them.

Windblade observes that humans all appear to be mind-controlled.

The Decepticon inside the hangar is a large overweight yellow fembot.

The toxin in her stinger makes the humans very loyal to her, working even better on humans than Autobots.

She plans to have the humans spread her toxin and her control from airport to airport across the globe, at which point the entire planet will call her queen.

Strongarm stops Windblade from attacking the Con, and tricks the Con into thinking that the Autobots can do nothing to stop her, thus the Con grants the Autobots permission to leave.

Windblade was willing to let two of the Con's hostages be sacrificed for the sake of the world.

The Con is bee-like and named Zizza. On Cybertron she built an army of mind-controlled citizens and tried to take over that planet as well. She might have succeed, but her toxin wore off before she could consolidate her power. And there's no antidote for her toxin on file, with the only cure seeming to be time.

Strongarm compares Zizza's behavior and that of her servants to those of a queen bee, drone bees, and worker bees, and uses this knowledge to formulate a plan.

Grimlock climbs a control tower to go all King Kong on the drone planes.

An incoming flight is requesting to land at the airport.

After the Mini-Cons knock out the power, Zizza sends out all the humans to fight for and protect her.

Sideswipe and Windblade disable the drones.

Fixit diverts the jet away to another landing facility.

Whoa, Zizza really does turn into a bee.

With teamwork and a cold foam truck, Strongarm, Sideswipe, and Windblade all disable Zizza together.

All evidence of Zizza's presence was removed from the airport.

Windblade has to leave since her next Con's a way's away from the scrapyard.

Kristy Wu -- Windblade, Pilot
Jackée Harry -- Zizza
Eric Bauza -- Look-Out
Razorpaw is not credited

Not a bad debut for our new Autobot Windblade. She's competent, skillful, a little overconfident, and has divine-based backstory. In other words, she has all the makings of a fanfic character, and yet somehow remained charismatic enough to avoid being labeled as such. And Zizza was, well, she kinda reminded me of the Wicked Witch Evilene from The Wiz, being the big fat throne-seated queen barking orders to her underlings, but was passable for a one-off minor villain. But like last episode, this episode gave us another side of one of the main characters, Strongarm, in which we got to see her jealous side that would up compromising the mission at times. Only when she saw how Windblade was willing to sacrifice the humans did her rational train of thought return since it overlapped with her disdain for Windblade, allowing her to properly show Windblade to be in the wrong. It's rare that a character's jealously is able to be put to good use in the end, as the typical "anti-jealousy" message of this kind of plot would put Strongarm in the wrong. But instead, it had both fembots need to learn something instead of just the jealous one. Nice.

Oh, and of course:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:47 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Rather disappointing in my opinion Mostly with all the Decepticons captured except for Steeljaw and Kickback not including those yet to be revealed as well

I have to say that the fact that Thunderhoof and Clampdown were captured was a bit of a bummer on the finale's part. I mean, I could do without the other two, but those guys had some real potential. All I can hope is that they're re-released at some point in season two. Now, since Steeljaw's still out there, it's very possible that his arc could just be restarting. I hope they don't do this or don't make a habit of this, as we'll have another Energon on our hands.

as the fact that Optimus is a permanent member of the team which is stupid and undermines the whole point of it being Bumblebee's story even if Bee is still in charge

I don't get it. If Bumblebee's still in-charge, isn't Bumblebee's story still going? The whole marketing premise is that he's the leader. Yeah, he doesn't have Optimus popping up out of nowhere to tell him things to do anymore, but there's still Decepticons to be hunted and a planet to be protected.

oh and the fact that Jazz has not reappeared but that ones just a minor annoyance

Jazz didn't need to reappear (yet). I mean, his whole reason for going to Earth was to figure out why Bumblebee went AWOL. That's it. Besides, he wouldn't be of any use to the plot other then to be another blaster and to keep Sideswipe in line, and that's what Windblade's here to do.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:54 am

Since that Pseudo's robot mode is the only robot mode to be shown in the cartoon and not Makeshift, will we ever see a toy of him in the near future? Or we will never, since Shifters can never be made into toys? So far the only Shifter toy that is already out there is Animated Shockwave or Longarm Prime, since that he too has shape shifting powers. I also heard that someone in this community once told me that the steam engine isn't Pseudo's alt-mode. Well, consider the fact that a wagon filled with dynamites is coming towards Grimlock, he quickly destroyed it by punching it, making it explode, without turning into Pseudo at that time. The wagon itself just disappear. But given the fact that Pseudo's robot mode is fully shown, what do you think that his official altmode will be like, judging by his original appearance? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:02 am

Episode 24

Denny and Russell return from a camping trip on which they got drenched by a rain storm.

Sideswipe, Strongarm, and Grimloock reminisce about the Sonic Canyons, the Manganese Mountains, and the Acid Wastes on Cybertron.

With no Decepticon activity, Bumblebee is going to prove to the others that Earth has just as much, if not more, to offer as Cybertron.

Bumblebee has Fixit surprise the team as to which location the GroundBridge will send them.

Bee's rally cry: "Bee Team, this'll be an adventure." And he's not made fun of for this one.

Whoops, they get sent to the top of a volcano!

This time, Fixit sends them to someplace "warm and nonfatal."

Western America. One of Bee's favorite places on Earth (nice callback to Prime, even if Jasper, Nevada was pure dullsville).

They're not far from the ghost town of... can't make out the name.

Drift seems to be the only one other than Bumblebee interested in the ghost town.

Something's watching the Bots at the ghost town.

A bus is approaching the town. It's full of tourists and their unenthusiastic guide.

Back in the day, the town was filled with cowpokes, gamblers, miners, and outlaws.

The Bots make noises to scare the humans out of town.

LOL at Drift both pretending to be a ghost and being late on his cue. :lol:

Bee says he felt an unfriendly presence earlier, and Drift agrees that they should investigate since leaving without removing the threat to the frequent human tours would be dishonorable.

Several traps are being sprung on the Bots.

Fixit pulls up info on a Decepticon who can turn invisible. His name is Pseudo. He was Cybertron's sneakiest spy, arrested for selling Cybertronian secrets to offworld enemies. His power isn't invisibility, but rather, he's a Shifter (the same type of Cybertronian that Makeshift was). He can change his appearance, and even his actual physical structure, to blend in with any environment.

Pseudo scans each member of the Bee Team.

Pseudo takes Drift's form. Both Drifts appear at the same time.

Both Drifts can transform, but the real Drift has his Mini-Cons.

They chase Pseudo into the mine, where they all get separated in the tunnels.

Pseudo takes Grimlock's form, but they ask both Grimlocks what Grimlock's favorite thing about Cybertron's acid wastes is. Pseudo thought it was a trick question.

Pseudo takes the form of the town's old locomotive.

Grimlock slams Drift's Mini-Cons over to take out the track Pseudo's on, causing him to crash.

Pseudo's true form is like some kind of insect.

The Bots express what they each do like about Earth.

Before heading back, they catch a mighty nice sunset.

Eric Bauza -- Pseudo, Male Tourist
Kath Soucie -- Tour Guide

Well, this turned out to be a charming one. Wasn't at all what I was expecting it to be. I was thinking we'd get more homages and parodies to Western flicks with a showdown or a stampede or any of the stuff Bumblebee described having been in the town in the past. I was also hoping it wouldn't be another fear-themed episode since we already got one of those, and thankfully the haunted aspects of this one were only mildly present. What I didn't see coming was Pseudo being a Shifter, which was very cool and a great tie in with TF: Prime with Pseudo carrying on the legacy of the late Makeshift. Another cool tie in was how the team went to the same part of the country as TF: Prime was set in and had it be one of Bumblebee's favorite places on Earth. Overall, nothing too substantial, but still a pretty fun episode.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:Since that Pseudo's robot mode is the only robot mode to be shown in the cartoon and not Makeshift, will we ever see a toy of him in the near future?

As you seem to not get it, shifters don't even have a true form. So literally, we will never ever see a toy of him.

psj333 wrote:So far the only Shifter toy that is already out there is Animated Shockwave or Longarm Prime, since that he too has shape shifting powers.

...Animated Shockwave was not a shifter. He could assume a secondary robot and alternate form, presumably like how Counterpunch could. This does NOT make him a shifter.

psj333 wrote:I also heard that someone in this community once told me that the steam engine isn't Pseudo's alt-mode

Once again, you think that everything you hear us say is gospel. Pseudo does not have an actual robot mode or vehicle mode. He's a shifter, literally, they don't have a true form. What we saw of his supposed "real" robot mode is likely just a default form that Pseudo assumes whenever he's not shifted into another form, and this form likely is another stolen form of some other Cybertronian. AND DON'T ASK US WHO, BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW.

psj333 wrote:But given the fact that Pseudo's robot mode is fully shown, what do you think that his official altmode will be like, judging by his original appearance?

See above. He doesn't have a true robot mode or vehicle mode.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

Maybe not, Madeus Prime. But I'm pretty sure that Kickback, the grasshopper who turns into a dragster, will be indeed getting a toy, since both his robot and altmode are shown in the cartoon. Same thing for Razorpaw, as he is shown in the cartoon and in the game. But only his vehicle mode is shown in the game. As up to date, Razorpaw, has not spoken a word in the series, which leads us to believe that he is expected to return, once Steeljaw releases him. But we'll see how that turns out. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:09 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
psj333 wrote:Maybe not, Madeus Prime. But I'm pretty sure that Kickback, the grasshopper who turns into a dragster, will be indeed getting a toy, since both his robot and altmode are shown in the cartoon. Same thing for Razorpaw, as he is shown in the cartoon and in the game. But only his vehicle mode is shown in the game. As up to date, Razorpaw, has not spoken a word in the series, which leads us to believe that he is expected to return, once Steeljaw releases him. But we'll see how that turns out. :CON:

Just because they have a vehicle and robot mode shown in the cartoon does not mean they will get a toy. Clampdown, Hammerstrike, Bisk, Chop Shop, Terrashock, Springload, Quillfire, Ped, Vertebreak, Octopunch, Groundpounder, Headlock, Scowl and Zizza all had their alt modes shown in the series and so far there are no plans to make all or any of them into toys. So far, Underbite, Steeljaw, Fracture, Thunderhoof and Megatronus are the ones getting toys. :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:26 am

D-Maximus_Prime, that may be true. But given the fact that a toy listing at a local relailer once mentioned, that Quillfire, Springload, and Clampdown, are on the list, meaning that these character will indeed get an action figure in a future time. But we'll have how that one turns out at Botcon 2015 and SDCC 2015. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 am

psj333 wrote:D-Maximus_Prime, that may be true. But given the fact that a toy listing at a local relailer once mentioned, that Quillfire, Springload, and Clampdown, are on the list, meaning that these character will indeed get an action figure in a future time. But we'll have how that one turns out at Botcon 2015 and SDCC 2015. :CON:

But we cannot say for sure. Just because a listing is reported doesn't mean it will come to fruition. The same news report that was posted here with the original rumor of a generations Brainstorm also said a generations Brawn, Gnaw and I believe 2 others were coming and they never happened, so we cannot take retailer listings as complete gospel. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:03 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:. But I'm pretty sure that Kickback, the grasshopper who turns into a dragster, will be indeed getting a toy, since both his robot and altmode are shown in the cartoon.

Possible, but not probable. He's appeared in one episode, and only had screen time of about...what, a minute and a half? Chances are slim dude. I mean, think about it, the only two Decepticons that have garnered toys so far are the badass ones, Steeljaw, Underbite, Thunderhoof, Fracture, and Megatronus. No kid will want a oneshot character like Kickback or Razorpaw for their collection. I know I don't, and due to the assumption that Hasbro is producing toys based on the calculated popularity amongst kids and adult fans, we will likely never see figures of any of the Decepticons that aren’t given character development or aren’t members of Steeljaw’s Pack. And before you think about countering by saying that Kickback was inducted into the Pack by Steeljaw, he was never seen again, and the Pack showed up multiple times after that episode. So, we can guess, and guess means we do NOT know and this is purely theoretical, that Kickback has either been arrested or is still at large.
psj333 wrote:As up to date, Razorpaw, has not spoken a word in the series, which leads us to believe that he is expected to return, once Steeljaw releases him. But we'll see how that turns out. :CON:

Very few of the Decepticons outside of Steeljaw’s pack have showed up again in the series, the cameos in Lockdown being omitted because there was not even a spoken word from any of them. And for example, Quillfire and Springload only showed up again because of their character development, them being some of the few Decepticons to actually have a purpose outside of wreaking havoc.

psj333 wrote:D-Maximus_Prime, that may be true. But given the fact that a toy listing at a local relailer once mentioned, that Quillfire, Springload, and Clampdown, are on the list, meaning that these character will indeed get an action figure in a future time. But we'll have how that one turns out at Botcon 2015 and SDCC 2015. :CON:

Not necessarily. There's always a chance those might be either Tiny Titans or more POS RID figures.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:As you seem to not get it, shifters don't even have a true form. So literally, we will never ever see a toy of him.

Ummmmmm dude I don't you know much about Shifters yourself.

They do have a true form what you call their default form is their actual real form they were born with.

I mean they have to be born with a look since I don't think shifters are born as blobs of metal,
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:27 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:As you seem to not get it, shifters don't even have a true form. So literally, we will never ever see a toy of him.

Ummmmmm dude I don't you know much about Shifters yourself.

They do have a true form what you call their default form is their actual real form they were born with.

I mean they have to be born with a look since I don't think shifters are born as blobs of metal,

Their "True form" is basically a hunk of part solid, part liquid metal. They really do not have an "original form" that has a single alt mode. They merely adapt to others forms. You cannot really find any parts of an alt form. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Their "True form" is basically a hunk of part solid, part liquid metal. They really do not have an "original form" that has a single alt mode. They merely adapt to others forms. You cannot really find any parts of an alt form. :BOT:

So how could they have been born without an original form?

That's just ridiculous and is against the law of well lets say physics.

Does this look like a hunk of liquid metal?

Makeshift

Pseudo

These are their original forms.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Their "True form" is basically a hunk of part solid, part liquid metal. They really do not have an "original form" that has a single alt mode. They merely adapt to others forms. You cannot really find any parts of an alt form. :BOT:

So how could they have been born without an original form?
That's just ridiculous and is against the law of well lets say physics.
Does this look like a hunk of liquid metal?
Makeshift

Pseudo

These are their original forms.

Yes, but they do not have the resemblance to an alt mode. They have no secondary parts. they just mold themselves into whatever they scan. It's not against the laws of physics. They simply ebb and flow into whatever form they need. They essentially hold infinite alt modes and robots forms, so they have to have the structure of say a protoform. and as for your pictures, they just have organized armor bits, no real secondary armatures to them. look at him:
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thu ... sPrime.jpg
He is a shifter, and all he looks like is a jumble of metal. This is his "true form" but it is just a jumble that organizes itself when it takes on a new form. :BOT:
Edit: And I am not saying they have no "original form", I'm just saying their original form is a hunk of metal that has almost no identifiable parts
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 pm

D-Maximus_Prime, you`ve said that Hammerstrike, Bisk, Terrashock, Clampdown, Quillfire, and especially Kickback won`t be getting a toy. Well, okay, I didn`t actually say that they indeed will be. I`m just saying that they will likely get a toy, but at a much later time. Because as you may have already known, Clampdown has actually appeared in more episodes than the rest of the newly introduced characters combined. Therefore, it is likely that he will getting a toy. You`re right that Kickback as appeared only in 1 episode, just like all other Decepticons. But unlike the rest, he is the first Decepticon to escape from the Autobots. So, when the second season begin, we do expect him to make a re-appearance, along with Steeljaw. Don`t forget that Kickback wanted to join Steeljaw`s pack. Steeljaw finally accepted. Steeljaw gave Kickback his 1st mission. Use him as a bait, to trick the Autobots, as if he is an Autobot when in fact that`s he`s not. When the Autobots released him, he eventually made his escape from being captured by the Autobots. Therefore, his 1st mission has been accomplished. :CON:
Last edited by psj333 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psj333
Combiner

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:47 pm

D-Maximus_Prime, you've also said that Shifters don't have secondary modes. Does that mean that they will never be able to scan an altmode that closely resemble their default robot modes as shown above. Because you've have to understand the true meaning to what a Transformer really is. That is, a robot who can change into vehicles or animals. Without their altmodes, they wouldn't be called Transformers now, would they? Therefore, no matter what type of Transformers that they belong to. Every character must have a robot and a vehicle or beast mode in order to become a fully developed Transformer. :BOT: :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm not trying to put you down here psj333, I'm just throwing in some extra information. As for toys of some of the other RiD guys, I would like to see them, I honestly would. But with so many cons and the fact that kids like the good guys so we get fewer bad guys means that they really get jipped. Now, Clampdown could very well get a toy, but now that season 1 is over, I'm not convinced he will. As for the others, any con that was in few than several episodes is unlikely in my opinion.
As for shifters, yes the definition of a transformer is "more than 1 mode" but the shifters take this to a whole new level. they don't have an alt mode of their own. they are a lot like Sixshot: They have many modes. They just take it differently since they can hold infinite modes, both robots and alternate. Sixshot has pieces of each mode visible. shifters have no visible components in their base form, they just have lots of visible parts, but none that are recognizable. Now, this does not mean they cannot have a favored alt mode, cause they certainly can, they just don't have the visible appearance of having a dedicated "base" mode to go to. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:39 pm

You know, D-Maximus_Prime, I really do appreciated your comments. You're right that just because Shifters don't have a secondary mode, that does not mean that can scan their favored altmodes. Which means, that they can still scan their preferred altmodes just like all other characters do. The images of two Shifters, Makeshift and Pseudo. Notice the difference between the looks of their true robot modes. While Makeshift is traditionally humanoid-looking, Pseudo is completely insectoid. However, TFWiki.net actually stated that Pseudo;s robot mode resembles a lizard. Compared the two images, Makeshift's robot mode is completely blacked out, whereas Pseudo's is completely shown, including his face as well. This does not mean that he will never be getting a figure, like Makeshift. When season two arrives, we are hoping to see more of him including Kickback and many others. That way, we'll get a better idea of what Pseudo's altmode might be like. Keep in mind, that Steeljaw's plan is to release all the prisoners in order to form an entire army with no interference. This means that not only Pseudo will be released, but also Thunderhoof and Clampdown as well! :CON:
psj333
Combiner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN SPIDER'S SHADOW #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 FEB210551 (CA) Zdarsky"
SPIDER-MAN SPIDER' ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armored BATMAN vs Superman Peg Pal 01 Wooden Toy Fair DC Comics Bif Bang Pow"
Armored BATMAN vs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #9 var Predator Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220930 (CA) Keown (A) Ottley (W)Cates"
HULK #9 var Predat ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230654 (CA) Gonzales"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP220862 (CA) Romita Jr 240427E"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #50 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211050 (CA) Hitch"
IMMORTAL HULK #50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1069 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 DEC222974 1069E (CA) Williams"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var 1:50 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230650 (CA) Leirix"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr E DC Comics 2024 1223DC016 144E (CA) Quah (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #144 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #142 3rd ptg DC Comics 2024 1223DC879 (CA) Camuncoli + Nesi (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #142 3rd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210956 (CA) Rahzzah"
SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr E Santa + Robin DC Comics 2023 0923DC079 140E (CA) Schmidt"
BATMAN #140 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #44 var homage Marvel Comics 2021 DEC200559 (CA) Bennett (W) Ewing"
IMMORTAL HULK #44 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #2 var X-Gwen Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Nakayama 240415C"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #2 var X- ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON