This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Khary Payton is just the craziest motherf***er.

"Action Figures! Because you figure...that you gonna get some action with these figures!"

Actually, it kinda sounds like he was arguing with someone. Makes it even funnier.

"The line that we have to support Robots in Disguise is probably one of the finest lines that we've ever offered at retail."

No. Takara's doing a way better job than you.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby TGS1985 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:14 am

Motto: "Don't mistake this as some misguided act of heroism, I'm only fighting because I happen to REALLY hate those other guys."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Did these get taken down already? All I'm seeing listed on the Hasbro site is toy commercials.
TGS1985
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TGS1985 wrote:Did these get taken down already? All I'm seeing listed on the Hasbro site is toy commercials.
Huh, you're right. They're gone. What happened to them? :???:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Interview with Transformers: Robots In Disguise Producer and Writer Adam Beechen

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After the text-based interview with Transformers: Robots in Disguise producer and writer Adam Beechen from a while back, the crew of The Pow Wow Show got in touch with us and shared an on air interview with the man behind the (animated) robots! Check out here the full show, in which the show crew discuss a number of bits and bots with SDCC-based Beechen as of the 13 minute mark up to 58 minutes in.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

SDCC 2015 - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season Finale Megatronus Teaser Clip

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Transformers Robots in Disguise has yet to air its first season finale two-part episode in the US - and the San Diego Comic Con panel took the opportunity to show a clip from the ending teasing the apparent defeat of the Autobots in the main cast, Optimus included, and the arrival of the original big bad himself: Megatronus! Check out the embedded clip below, thanks to site owner Seibertron directly from the event.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:35 pm

It's just the cliffhanger ending of episode 25. There's still episode 26 to finish off the season.

And that finale was boring, anyway.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Anyone know the voice actor? Since they got the guy who did The Fallen in ROTF to voice Dreadwing in Prime, I was kind of hoping they'd get him back to voice, you know... this Fallen.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:37 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:Anyone know the voice actor? Since they got the guy who did The Fallen in ROTF to voice Dreadwing in Prime, I was kind of hoping they'd get him back to voice, you know... this Fallen.
It's Gil Gerard, who played Buck Rogers back in the 70's.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:It's just the cliffhanger ending of episode 25. There's still episode 26 to finish off the season.

And that finale was boring, anyway.

yeah it was, did they not think they were going to get renewed? I know they could quite easily bs their way out of it, but he didn't even put up a fight, really, shame The Fallen has become such a joke, sigh, I remember the good ol' days when The Fallen was feared :-(
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Hellscream9999 wrote:yeah it was, did they not think they were going to get renewed? I know they could quite easily bs their way out of it, but he didn't even put up a fight, really, shame The Fallen has become such a joke, sigh, I remember the good ol' days when The Fallen was feared :-(

I thought the finale was fairly decent, for a series aimed at younger audiences. Also remember this is on CN. If it is not a flash animation comedy aimed at children with ADD, then it is ALWAYS in danger of being canceled. I'm glad it did get a second season, but I don't see it going beyond that 52 episode plateau, which means they have to really put their all into these next 26 episodes.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 am

o.supreme wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:yeah it was, did they not think they were going to get renewed? I know they could quite easily bs their way out of it, but he didn't even put up a fight, really, shame The Fallen has become such a joke, sigh, I remember the good ol' days when The Fallen was feared :-(

I thought the finale was fairly decent, for a series aimed at younger audiences. Also remember this is on CN. If it is not a flash animation comedy aimed at children with ADD, then it is ALWAYS in danger of being canceled. I'm glad it did get a second season, but I don't see it going beyond that 52 episode plateau, which means they have to really put their all into these next 26 episodes.
This site still lists the total episode count as being 78, which it has done since before the show began airing.

It isn't a matter of who the show's audience is that made the finale what it was, or what channel it airs on, it's just that the finale itself was very bare-boned and unsubstantial. All the rest of the season before the finale is pretty fun, interesting, and enjoyable. However, almost nothing really happened in the finale aside from the main event, and said main event wasn't fun or even that interesting at all. We are "told" more than we are "shown", thus not really giving us enough reason to care about what was unfolding in the finale. Sure, big bad Megatronus coming and wanting to do his thing is bad news, yes, but he's never given any proper menace to himself, coming off instead as this glorified monster-of-the-day instead of the main antagonist the show was trying to build him up as being.

Steeljaw was more impressive than him since we know Steeljaw more, having seen him a lot more often and being one of the most proactive Decepticons in the show. Steeljaw was arguably the best part of the finale, with Megtronus coming in and unjustly stealing Steeljaw's thunder, taking the spotlight away from the Con who deserved it far more. Megatronus is all looks with no awe, all spectacle with no substance, making this one of the weakest finales of the three Hasbro Studios-made TF cartoons, which I rank from best to worst like so:
  • "It's a Bot Time" & "Bot to the Future"
  • "Deadlock"
  • "Darkest Hour"
  • "Now and Then" & "Today and Forever"
  • "Double Villainy" & "Rise of the Heroes"
  • "Battlegrounds, Parts 1" & "Battlegrounds, Part 2"
  • "One Shall Fall", "One Shall Rise - Part 1", "One Shall Rise - Part 2", & "One Shall Rise - Part 3"

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:24 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Actually I put a lot of stock in the Target audience, and the network the show airs on. Because the show went from the HUB to CN, and we were told it would be for younger audiences, my expectations were automatically lowered. I knew it would not be the epic series that TF: Prime was, and for a mediocre series, RID delivers pretty much what I expected. I don't quite understand the whole adult love of TF: Rescue Bots. Yes it is a well-written series for young children. I can speak from experience, my son (9) loves the show, and I have probably watched 80% of the episodes with him, but I can honestly say I don't really get any enjoyment out of it. I just ask him occasionally to let me know when Optimus makes an appearance, and I'll watch with him (though I have seen many episodes without Optimus Prime).

I own all the TF series in one form or another, but honestly, the only ones I will re-watch on a regular basis are: The original, Beast Wars, Transformers Prime, and the Japanese series (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory). some I will watch occasionally but Beast Machines & Armada I will almost never watch, my son REALLY has to twist my arm to get me to suffer through those. Rescue Bots is pretty much the same, though unlike Armada & BM, I will give it the benefit of being well-written & entertaining for children.

All that being said, I desire no TF series to ever be cancelled. It kind of boggles my mind how Rescue Bots is getting a 4th season, and is making a run for longest TF animated series ever, but, I figure, good for them. My son can at least enjoy it. I wish Prime would have went on, but I also get that making TF series for younger fans is more profitable than making them for adults, thus the reason I am so glad at least somebody has not forgotten us adult fans, and we will be getting the Combiner Wars from Machinima. As for RID, if by some miracle it gets 78 episodes, I will be truly surprised, but again, that is a good thing. Since RID is being almost concurrently aired in Japan, their typical order is around 52 episodes (one for each week lasting a whole year). So I really don't see it going beyond 52. Maybe like some other series, Netflix might pick it up if CN cancels it. In fact, from what I've seen, getting a TF series on Netflix might not be a bad idea.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I personally liked the season finale and it proved to be a good show. I'm excited for a second season. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I liked the finale, more for what it did for the heroes than the villains.

Bumblebee finally stepped up and took charge, rather than deferring to Optimus. Sideswipe and Strongarm both demonstrated the initiative and teamwork that Bee has been trying to hammer into them all season. The entire team ended up working together to stop the threat, and it was Bee and his allies who took down Megatronus, rather than Optimus.

Speaking of Optimus, I love what the writers have done with him in this series. I thought the TF:Prime version of Optimus was both too dour and nigh infallible as a leader. He's still too dour here (at least compared to his G1 cartoon incarnation), but I liked the fact that he's stumbled a few times in this series. His own stubbornness got in the way of his training, and he was in way over his head with Megatronus. Optimus was the one to stop Megatronus' plan to destroy Earth and Cybertron, but I'm glad it was Bee and his team who ultimately ended the villain's threat.

Megatronus was the weak point of the episode. He didn't get much build up or much of a chance to shine before being shuffled off. Here's hoping we see him again. At the very least, we got some great development with Steeljaw. I really do love his character, and I hope we see MUCH more of him next season.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Madeus Prime » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
The finale wasn't too bad, could've been better, but not too bad. Although I didn't like how they just pulled a deus ex machina out of their a**es for the end (I know, so did the original movie, but at least that had presence and an epic soundtrack.)
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 am

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:28 am

I kinda saw the three Mini-Cons as playful young adults rather than as children (though, now I wonder what they're all like in the Japanese dub :-? ), but that is still very cool.

Just need Jazz, Windblade, and (*sigh*) Optimus.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

New Transformers: Robots In Disguise Concept art featuring early Matches Malone like Denny

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Artist Jose Lopez has posted some new Transformers: Robots In Disguise concept art on his Instagram account. These feature some renditions of Strongarm, Fixit, Russel, Bumblebee and Denny, who looks far more like Matches Malone (one of Batman's undercover disguises). The character of Denny had changed quite a bit since conception, as we already knew from our very own Jon Bailey who auditioned for the role, and this is further proof of that.
Also, notice how Fixit initially had threads instead of wheels to move. We also get a bit of an insight into the Bumblebee design from Mr. Lopez:

“Bumblebee from Transformers Robots in Disguise. It was really tough concepting a new look for TF while still wrapping Prime. But we are very happy with the look, plus these guys are easier to draw haha! “

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Denny looks... different.

Is it wrong my first thought upon seeing that Strongarm was "Dark Samus"?
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:Denny looks... different.

Is it wrong my first thought upon seeing that Strongarm was "Dark Samus"?

Sounds awesome to me!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Proto-Denny's mustache makes me think of Don, Griffin Rock's resident reckless driver, from Rescue Bots.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Billy-J, I think you mixed up who Denny and Russel/Rusty are. Might want to fix that in the news post. Makes it look like Rusty was originally conceptualized as a dirtbag mildle-aged man instead of a tween boy. I don't think his character changed THAT much during the evolution of the show.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Billy-J, I think you mixed up who Denny and Russel/Rusty are. Might want to fix that in the news post. Makes it look like Rusty was originally conceptualized as a dirtbag mildle-aged man instead of a tween boy. I don't think his character changed THAT much during the evolution of the show.
Yeah, Denny's the dad, Russell's the son.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby dreadwing95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:02 am

was denny originally based off of peter cullen?
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Billy-J, I think you mixed up who Denny and Russel/Rusty are. Might want to fix that in the news post. Makes it look like Rusty was originally conceptualized as a dirtbag mildle-aged man instead of a tween boy. I don't think his character changed THAT much during the evolution of the show.
Yeah, Denny's the dad, Russell's the son.

Oops, yeah, I inversed them. Thanks guys, the change has been made!

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHT ATTACK MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NIGHT ATTACK MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON