This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby bluecatcinema » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Proto-Denny looks pretty cool. And I'm glad they changed Fixit's coloring. Two blue 'Bots on the team would have been a bit much.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Deadput » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I'm glad Fixit has wheels instead of treads and changed his color to orange it really makes him look more like an actual living guy instead of a drone.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:I'm glad Fixit has wheels instead of treads and changed his color to orange it really makes him look more like an actual living guy instead of a drone.
Ironic, considering what episodes 18 and 20 hinted about Fixit's past.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Really glad they went with Fixits wheels. Also glad they gave Strongarm wings. I like a bot with wings :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October

Postby ScottyP » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
If you're waiting to add the full first season of Transformers: Robots in Disguise to your Transformers home video library, well, we don't have that news for you yet, but thanks to Seibertronian o.supreme we've got a heads up on a Pre-order at Amazon for Transformers: Robots in Disguise: A New Autobot Mission. Shout! Factory will be releasing this DVD on October 27th, 2015.

Judging by the running time of 110 minutes, it appears this will bring you the first five episodes of the new series.

Will this tide you over until a Blu-ray release? Or maybe this season's episodes just reserved a spot on your DVR for a few months longer? Chat about this and anything else show related by replying to this post, or by visiting our ongoing Robots in Disguise show discussion thread in the Energon Pub.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I posted a review on Amazon as well. I don't want to discourage perhaps parents with kids who don't get CN from purchasing the DVD perhaps as something new they have never seen before, but most of us that are no doubt waiting for full season sets should of course hold off. I know most of us have probably watched the episodes online as they were made available from iTunes Australia months ago, but Bravo to CN for trudging along, and not canceling the series, or changing its day/time (at least not that I am aware of). The season should conclude on 9/12/15. So *hopefully* S!F is preparing a full season release for Q4 2015 or Q1 2016. They were pretty quick about releasing the DVD's & BRD's of Prime, although I fear the industry is moving more and more towards digital only releases, hopefully S!F still gives fans such as myself the tangible media (and high quality presentation) we prefer.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby fighterknight » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am

I just started watching the series, but I would love a full season release. I like having the Transformers series on my shelf and this one is one that I'm enjoying. I hope we see one soon.
fighterknight
Mini-Con
Watch fighterknight on YouTube
Buy from fighterknight on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 pm

fighterknight wrote:I just started watching the series, but I would love a full season release. I like having the Transformers series on my shelf and this one is one that I'm enjoying. I hope we see one soon.
The first season's still not yet done airing in the U.S., so we'll at least have to wait until after it is.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fighterknight » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Are there any plans to bring in more Dinobots? So far Grimlock is my favorite character and it would be fun to see the rest of the Dinobots show up.
fighterknight
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Well there are no plans to add any more of the traditional Dinobots, (Slag, Swoop , Snarl, Sludge) that I am aware of. However... be sure to watch CN on 8/15/15 when they air episode #22 "Similarly Different". I wont spoil it for you, but I'm sure it will answer your question.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fighterknight » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm only on episode 4. I'll have to catch it later.
fighterknight
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 pm

fighterknight wrote:I'm only on episode 4. I'll have to catch it later.
All 26 episodes are online right now, so you can watch them all before they finish airing on CN. ;)

For everyone who is trying to catch up on watching this show but doesn't like Dailymotion, a much better site to watch this show on (and tons of other shows as well) would be KissCartoon. It uses YouTube as its media player and even allows you to hide all of the flashy ads that are on the page.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:58 am

Sabrblade, I've just went to the TFormers.com site, and found a picture or a snapshot of a new Robots in Disguise comic book coming out soon. Inside the book, there is a brand new Decepticon named, Transit, who have a bus altmode. In the image shown, the bus stops in time to pick up its passengers. Un-noticed, this bus transform into a Decepticon. Despite having being a bus, Transit doe not appear to have a human form, but an animal form. By judging his looks, what animal does Transit closely resembled? Here is the image shown below:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... es-preview

Is it likely that those new characters in the comics, will someday be in the Robots In Disguise 2015 cartoon for Season 2 sometime in the near future? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:Sabrblade, I've just went to the TFormers.com site, and found a picture or a snapshot of a new Robots in Disguise comic book coming out soon. Inside the book, there is a brand new Decepticon named, Transit, who have a bus altmode. In the image shown, the bus stops in time to pick up its passengers. Un-noticed, this bus transform into a Decepticon. Despite having being a bus, Transit doe not appear to have a human form, but an animal form. By judging his looks, what animal does Transit closely resembled? Here is the image shown below:

Ah, my favorite little nit-picker. Wondered where you've been. And he's obviously a rhino! If you honestly can't tell what he's modeled after, you have issues dude. :lol:

Also, this doesn't belong in the cartoon thread for the cartoon! It should be here.

psj333 wrote:Is it likely that those new characters in the comics, will someday be in the Robots In Disguise 2015 cartoon for Season 2 sometime in the near future?

First off, Season two is likely nowhere in the near future, as their toy sales for the RID line have been below par, I owe it to a lack of Decepticons on the shelves and Jurassic World clouting up space (though that line is cooler then RID TBH). Secondly, the chances of characters from the comics appearing in the show are excruciatingly low. Characters from the cartoon showing up in the comic? SURE! Visa versa? NO.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby psj333 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:38 am

You know, Madeus_Prime, that might be true. Unfortunately, contrary to what most people believed, Season 2 is still currently in production, and not cancelled as previously thought. This was confirmed on TFW2005.com by Hasbro just weeks ago, pointing out that Season 2 will indeed make its debut, likely not this year, but mostly likely in the beginning of next year. So I'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance that we might see some of these comic characters make their presence felt in the cartoon once Season 2 hits. And should Season 2 is cancelled, Hasbro would have informed us about that already, which thankfully didn't happen. :BOT: :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:46 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:. Unfortunately, contrary to what most people believed, Season 2 is still currently in production, and not cancelled as previously thought. This was confirmed on TFW2005.com by Hasbro just weeks ago, pointing out that Season 2 will indeed make its debut, likely not this year, but mostly likely in the beginning of next year.

Yes, I am aware of that fact psj, what I was saying is that the beginning of next year is not the "near future". Either way, I think that season 2 is going to happen, but I bet it'll be shorter and have less original characters (sorry, but the monster of the week formula got boring a few episodes in)

psj333 wrote:So I'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance that we might see some of these comic characters make their presence felt in the cartoon once Season 2 hits.

As I said, the chances are extremely slim, and while I know you'll argue that Windblade appeared in the show from a comic, it's not the same Windblade from the IDW-verse so it doesn't count. Also, I have a feeling we'll see less new characters in season two, so don't expect much.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby psj333 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 am

Madeus_Prime, maybe and maybe not. But again, in case you haven`t notice, Hasbro said on their website long ago that this cartoon is expected to have a total of 78 episodes. Therefore, how can it be that short if it contains 78 episodes?
psj333
Combiner

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 am

Additionally, remember that 2015 RID is being produced concurrently in both the Unites States & Japan (something that hasn't occurred since Galaxy Force/Cybertron). Windblade is a new character produced by Hasbro, so like Drift, they are going to shove it down fans throats in every form of media possible, she was not created specifically for the comics, despite popular opinion.

It takes much more time to create an animated series than a comic, so I doubt any comics characters will appear either, unless they have already been developed for season 2, which is being producedcurrently. In which case, retroactively speaking, while such characters may have appeared *first* in the comic, they (by chance) appearing in season 2 of the animated series would not be because of the comic, rather, because it was planned out from the beginning for them to appear in multiple forms of media.

That would be like saying certain transformers in the original Animated Series were developed specifically from the comics (and vice versa), when one may have appeared before the other by chance in some sort of media. We know the comics had specific characters (Straxus, Jhiaxus, Xaaron etc...) as did the animated series (Devcon, Female Autobots, etc...) But the main Transformers characters themselves, for the most part (with few exceptions) appeared in both Comics and Animated Series

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 am

psj333 wrote: Hasbro said on their website long ago that this cartoon is expected to have a total of 78 episodes. Therefore, how can it be that short if it contains 78 episodes?

Simply put - Things change. This is CN after all, the killer of many a great series. It would be absolutely awesome if 2015 RiD ran 78 episodes, but until then, we should remain cautious, and not put anything written anywhere online in stone. Remember Transformers: Animated season 4? Oh no you don't, because while it was planned, it never happened, thanks to the very same network that is airing RiD right now. Why this series didn't stay with Discovery Family is beyond me.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:34 am

o.supreme wrote:
psj333 wrote: Hasbro said on their website long ago that this cartoon is expected to have a total of 78 episodes. Therefore, how can it be that short if it contains 78 episodes?

Simply put - Things change. This is CN after all, the killer of many a great series. It would be absolutely awesome if 2015 RiD ran 78 episodes, but until then, we should remain cautious, and not put anything written anywhere online in stone. Remember Transformers: Animated season 4? Oh no you don't, because while it was planned, it never happened, thanks to the very same network that is airing RiD right now.
Don't forget that a lot of the shows that CN killed were ones that CN themselves had made or had a hand in making. RID is being made wholesale by Hasbro Studios, so even if CN chooses to stop airing the show, Hasbro Studios can seek another venue or go straight to DVD for the remaining episodes (but they most likely wouldn't want to do that since a TV airing is more preferable to them).

o.supreme wrote:Why this series didn't stay with Discovery Family is beyond me.
Even the worse CN ratings are better than the best Discovery Family ratings. More people watch CN since it's a channel that more people have when compared to Discovery Family. RID airing on CN makes it more accessible and more likely to succeed than if it were to air on the less mainstream Discovery Family.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:35 am

o.supreme wrote:

Simply put - Things change. This is CN after all, the killer of many a great series. It would be absolutely awesome if 2015 RiD ran 78 episodes, but until then, we should remain cautious, and not put anything written anywhere online in stone. Remember Transformers: Animated season 4? Oh no you don't, because while it was planned, it never happened, thanks to the very same network that is airing RiD right now. Why this series didn't stay with Discovery Family is beyond me.

Exactly what I was going to say :lol: . Cartoon Network has killed off so many fun and cool shows, before their time, Animated just being one.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Even the worst CN ratings are better than the best Discovery Family ratings. More people watch CN since it's a channel that more people have when compared to Discovery Family. RID airing on CN makes it more accessible and more likely to succeed than if it were to air on the less mainstream Discovery Family.

I agree that CN is probably carried by more cable & satellite providers than Discovery Family, however, about the ratings. I am not sure. RiD 2015 had just over a million viewers for its premier, and averages about 700K viewers per episode since, according to Wikipedia. However RiD 2015 being for younger audiences, airing at 6:30am on Saturday Mornings is almost a death sentence when compared to Prime, which aired on Friday evenings, when everyone could watch. Of course, in this day when most people can just DVR a show, the early time may not be as much of an issue, but I really don't believe (unless someone can get some solid numbers) that RiD is getting more viewers than Prime did. Of course, as you mentioned, if CN does try to pull the plug, hopefully Hasbro does have a backup plan, if not, then hopefully they will have learned by being burned twice by the same network, never to do business with them ever again.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
If CN pulls the plug. there had better be a backup. I really like this show :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby psj333 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:44 pm

You know, D-Maximus_Prime, I also felt the same way, too. There is no way this show is getting cancelled. Why? Because Steeljaw, the main bad guy for the show is still alive and at large. So, if this is really the end of Robots In Disguise, then it will upset a lot of fans, due to the fact that Steeljaw was still alive and not being capture or even killed. Therefore, as far as I know, season 2 will indeed happen. I don't care when or where. Just air them! Why? I just love vehicles that have the ability to turn into animals. I would only just hope Hasbro will be making more figures of these characters that is yet to be seen. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:37 pm

psj333 wrote:There is no way this show is getting cancelled. Why? Because Steeljaw, the main bad guy for the show is still alive and at large.

Yet Animated had a semi-lead-in ending to a fourth season. Yet Cybertron ended with all our characters going on to other aventures. Yet G1 ended with freaking Galvatron and Scorpinok alive and well!

I'm not saying that it'll be canceled psj, as you take anything we say literally, I'm just saying, due to average ratings and mediocre responses from the fans, I don't expect much from it.

psj333 wrote:So, if this is really the end of Robots In Disguise, then it will upset a lot of fans, due to the fact that Steeljaw was still alive and not being capture or even killed.

*yawn* Eh, frankly the only piece of Transformers media I'm interested in is the Combiner Wars motion-comic/cartoon and the IDW mainstream comics. If season two is canceled, I'm not going to lose sleep or awake time over it. If it isn't, I'm going to skip watching it. Because this has probably been the least "wow" Transformers show I've ever watched. Plus, Transformers fans are too jaded to be upset over a cancelation of a TV series like this one. I was genuinely pissed off when TFA was canceled. I won't be if this should be.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 5th ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM891 (CA) Bratukhin"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 5t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ESCALATION #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 3B (W) Furman (CA) Scherwinski"
Transformers ESCAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #2 RE IDW Comics 2022 Pulse 2RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220490 14A (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON