This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Whifflefire » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
That was great! Cute and hilarious. "I invoke THE POWER OF DIBS!" Hope we see more of these guys in the new season.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby DeadCaL » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
If that's not Welker doing the Cyclones, it's someone doing a very good impression ;-)
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

DeadCaL
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Oh those shorts were great! Love the minicons here :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yeah, when it was just the first two clips by themselves they seemed like preview clips for a season 2 episode, but now that we see all six videos together forming a complete story of their own, this was probably just a series of shorts rather than chopped up previews for a new episode.

Though, "The Tragedy of Slipstream" gave a nice nod to the Binder of Revelation's saying that Mini-Cons were native to Cybertron's moon by the short's depiction of Slipstream as having originally lived on Luna-1.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:53 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Shuttershock » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:17 am

PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.

Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.

Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.

Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:13 am

PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?

And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:22 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Wait...

:lol: See what you did there.

Would be kinda cool to have the minicons featured prominently like that though in season 2. Especially the weapon minicons. Imagine if Bee finally got a minicon after all these years :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:56 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Wait...

:lol: See what you did there.

Would be kinda cool to have the minicons featured prominently like that though in season 2. Especially the weapon minicons. Imagine if Bee finally got a minicon after all these years :BOT:

Plot twist - his minicon is Sam Witwicky.
Bumblebee: Deploy!
Sam Witwicky: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Shuttershock wrote:And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...

silly robot... thinking this show is going to get a 3rd season...
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Shuttershock » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:29 am

o.supreme wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...

silly robot... thinking this show is going to get a 3rd season...

Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby psj333 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:16 pm

What's interesting to me in the Mandarin dub of the series is that Filch and Quillfire have voices that sound very identical to one another. This leads me to believe that they are voiced by the same voice actor as opposed to the original version by Constance Zimmer and Andy Miller. What is the name of this Chinese voice actor? Was Filch supposed to be female in the first place? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Mission Discovery DVD February Release

Postby Va'al » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Following the recent release of episodes 1-5 of Transformers: Robots in Disguise on DVD, Shout! Factory are ready for February and the arrival of the next collected bunch of episodes 6-10 in the new animated series. Find out more information here and below!

Synopsis

Your favorite robots in disguise — Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe and Grimlock — along with their human allies, Denny and Russell, return with five new adventures, continuing their quest to recapture the band of evil Decepticon prisoners that have escaped and hidden on Earth!

Bonus Features

Toy Featurette

Episode Episode Title
1 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): True Colors
2 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Adventures In Bumblebee-Sitting!
3 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Even Robots Have Nightmares
4 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Some Body, Any Body
5 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): The Trouble With Fixit

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:38 am

Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?

Well, this has been s format from way back. I used to go with my mom to rent beast wars vhs tapes when i was a wee one and they only contained 3-4 episodes.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?

Well, this has been s format from way back. I used to go with my mom to rent beast wars vhs tapes when i was a wee one and they only contained 3-4 episodes.
Yrah, but that was back before season sets really existed as commonplace as they do now. VHS tapes couldn't as easily support as many episodes as DVD discs can.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Same happened to a show I watched back in 09-11. They season 1 was 2 6-episode volumes, then the other 14 were on another DVD, and then Season 2 could be bought either in 5 different volumes or as a collection :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:34 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
There seems to be a market shift. Unfortunately as DVD and physical media is dying off, distributors make "impulse" purchase DVD's with a small sample of episodes. This is good for parents to purchase for kids I guess, but also I think is trying to coerce individuals to purchase whole seasons from online sources such as Amazon. I am sorry, but... I am not going to pay $2 per episode for something I don't have physical access to.

S!F came through with full season Blu Rays for TF : Prime ,thankfully, but to this day, there are no full season sets of Rescue Bots which my son would love, thankfully they are not Netflix currently...
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
the bit where Optimus arrives on the bridge in truck mode is just so cool! & i could watch that scene in a loop all day & never tire of it!

Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:the bit where Optimus arrives on the bridge in truck mode is just so cool! & i could watch that scene in a loop all day & never tire of it!

Let's face it: Optimus rolling in, transforming and flying to the rescue can make pretty much any scene worth watching over and over! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:02 pm

Could you please provide us enough detail as to when the clips of RID Season 2 will be posted online before the cartoon hits this February 2016? :BOT: :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:06 pm

psj333 wrote:Could you please provide us enough detail as to when the clips of RID Season 2 will be posted online before the cartoon hits this February 2016? :BOT: :CON:
What season 2 clips? We know nothing of any clips right now.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
psj333 wrote:Could you please provide us enough detail as to when the clips of RID Season 2 will be posted online before the cartoon hits this February 2016? :BOT: :CON:

Was he referring to the cyclone clips? :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Was he referring to the cyclone clips? :BOT:
Those were just shorts, though.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON