This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
psj333 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Wiki said that because TVGuide said that.

Yup, I see what you mean! Only one question remains: Does that mean that Zap2zit is right and TVGuide is wrong?
Zap2it has no listings for the show that far ahead.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bluecatcinema » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 am

The latest episode really shook things up. A new group of Decepticons, one of whom was on the Alchemor, but never recorded in the prisoner manifest? I smell a conspiracy...
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby o.supreme » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I have to say, episode "Metal Meltdown" was pretty impressive. Of course any time when you introduce a ton of new characters (even if most are generics), its going to be impressive. Looks like this season we will hopefully get the full story of the Alchemor, and what really happened.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:57 am

Honestly, aside from Saberhorn himself the mystery surrounding him near the end, and the bits with Steeljaw learning about the new Decepticon faction, this episode kinda bored me. The teamwork thing with Grimlock and Strongarm felt clunky, Russell's sudden reckless fixation on getting a trophy put him in stupid mode, and the majority of the episode was one long sword fight that was was only half as enjoyable as it could have been since only half of its participants had appealing fight choreography. Saberhorn was fun to watch in this fight, but Bee really did not complement him at all.

Also, that Airachnid redeco at the end was totally in Universe Blackarachnia colors.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 am

In Season 2, Steeljaw will evolve his own pack into a full-blown militia. Is episode 4 is the time for him to release all of the captured Cons in order him to create the ultimate Decepticon militia?
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 am

psj333 wrote:In Season 2, Steeljaw will evolve his own pack into a full-blown militia.
Says who?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Robots In Disguise Episode 4 Description and Sneak Peek

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, via toonzone.net and youtuber MR. SHADOWMAN, we get a preview of Transformers Robots in Disguise episode 4 'Suspended' along with the episode description. This episode seems to feature the already unveiled, but much anticipated, Crazybolt, and his fellow lizard-bot, Slicedice, who was seen briefly in the season 2 preview. While the video cannot be viewed here, you can click the links in the post to check out the video and description, which have also been posted below. Check them out and let us know what you think in the comments below.

“Transformers: Robots In Disguise, Saturday, March 12 at 6:30 a.m. (ET/PT)… “Suspended” – After a mistake in the field, Strongarm takes herself out of action just when the team needs her most against fire starting Decepticons Crazybolt and Slicedice."
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
psj333 wrote:In Season 2, Steeljaw will evolve his own pack into a full-blown militia.
Says who?

Certainly not the current plot of him teaming up with Scorponok >:oP

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Crazybolt sounds like Jason Marsden! :KREMZEEK:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Crazybolt sounds like Jason Marsden! :KREMZEEK:

Well, that might most likely be the case. What's even more interesting is that Crazybolt also does sound like Dennis Michael Lynch, one of NewsMax TV reporters who currently hosts a conservative news show called Unfiltered. This is a clip of what Dennis sounds like as the voice inspiration for Crazybolt:

https://youtu.be/YclHsO6IprM

What are your thoughts? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:29 pm

psj333 wrote:

Well, that might most likely be the case. What's even more interesting is that Crazybolt also does sound like Dennis Michael Lynch, one of NewsMax TV reporters who currently hosts a conservative news show called Unfiltered. This is a clip of what Dennis sounds like as the voice inspiration for Crazybolt:

https://youtu.be/YclHsO6IprM

What are your thoughts? :CON:
Dennis Michael Lynch doesn't do voice acting for kids cartoons.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm

It certainly could be. Too bad voicechasers.com seems to be a little behind. Looks like they haven't added any of the characters/actors from season 2 yet.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby psj333 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Dennis Michael Lynch doesn't do voice acting for kids cartoons.

You're right that he doesn't. I'm not saying that Dennis does voice acting. I'm just saying that by judging by how Dennis and Jason speak, they sounded very similar, except Jason spoke Standard American English, whereas Dennis speaks with a New York accent. Anyhow, please keep in mind that Crazybolt has been confirmed to be performed by voice actor James Arnold Taylor. As for Slicedice, there is no way that he can be a Minicon, since that Crazybolt already has one under the name, Hammer, according to his profile on his toy packaging. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I love a decepticon that loves speed! A racecar con! yes! :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby psj333 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Is Suspended airs tomorrow morning?
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:37 pm

psj333 wrote:Is Suspended airs tomorrow morning?
Both TV Guide and Zap2it say yes.

Also, was anyone here aware that reruns of season 1 are also airing on Boomerang?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:34 am

Saturdays episode was interesting. I liked the design of Crazybolt & Slicedice. however ...the decision to have him use Bullet Minicons as opposed to Cyclones was odd. I don't know if this was a creative decision, or just another case of the animated series writers not communicating with Hasbro (or vice versa...) .

Anyway...I'm ready to see more of team Prime. I hope the next episode focuses on them. Also I'm finding the ideas the Autobots constantly come up with to remain "Robots in disguise" less and less plausible. I mean I know its a show for kids, but its just getting tiresome. I mean...we don't exactly know how much time passed between Prime and RiD, but I think the idea of hiding in plain site would become less and less important as time goes on.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby psj333 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:49 pm

This Saturday marks the return of Razorpaw, thanks to Steeljaw. This means we will finally get a chance to hear him speak for the very first time. But to who exactly is voicing him? Is this the episode where Steeljaw has finally and successfully released all of the Decepticons that are already in captivity by now? Could that truly explains why Steeljaw and the others didn't appear in the last episode? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby psj333 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:16 pm

This Saturday marks the return of Razorpaw, thanks to Steeljaw. This means we will finally get a chance to hear him speak for the very first time. But to who exactly is voicing him? Is this the episode where Steeljaw has finally and successfully released all of the Decepticons that are already in captivity by now? Could that truly explains why Steeljaw and the others didn't appear in the last episode? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Season 1 DVD Features

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:05 am

Fellow Seibertronians, courtesy of TV Shows on DVD, we now have a list of the special features to be included on the Transformers Robots in Disguise Season 1 DVD box set. We [url]reported earlier this year[/url] that Shout Factory! would be releasing the first season on DVD, slated for release May 10, in a 4 DVD set, it will include the following features:

- 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International Panel
- Featurette: A Look Behind-The-Scenes
- Toy Featurette
- 2 Additional New-to-DVD Featurettes
- 11 Animated Shorts:
1. Fixit Jam
2. Sticky Situation
3. To Catch a Phrase
4. Perfect
5. Carjacked
6. Knock Knock
7. The Tragedy of Slipstream
8. A Level Playing Field
9. Two Plus Two Equals More
10. The Power of Dibs
11. Back and Forth

So what do you think about these features? Excited to watch the animated shorts included? Let us know in the comments below.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 am

Gee, it sure is nice that they included all the shorts for this show on the DVD set. Would've been nice for a certain other TF show to have had all of its shorts included in its DVD set as well, especially considering that those shorts were given to Shout! Factory to use, and that two of those shorts have never been seen outside of convention showings. >:oP

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:11 am

Nice list of extras. Of course there was never any doubt I was going to get the set.

I think the extras were included in this RiD15 set because they actually contain integral plot points to the overall story of the series, whereas the others were just silly little one-offs. Still, yes it would have been nice to have been included in their respective sets. The only S!F Animated DVD I purchased however was season 3 (since I owned Paramount's S1&S2 already) . I know those included some of the shorts. But I don't know which were included/excluded from S!F...

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Apparently Season 1 is now on Netflix. Odd that none of the sites that promoted new content last months listed this...

https://www.netflix.com/title/80058654

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Great voice acting on Crazybolt, put me in mind of a combo of Steve Buscemi's Randell from Monsters Inc. I kind of wish they'd ditched Slicedice and his toady behavior though. Only part I didn't like was the "illunimation through acceleration" battlecry, super lame.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 1 Now Available on Netflix

Postby no-one » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Well howdy, fellow Seibertronian o.supreme has alerted us that Transformers: Robots in Disguise season 1 is now available on Netflix. We've previously reported several season 2 teasers, which can be viewed here, here and here.

If you're a Netflix subscriber or sign up for a free month trial you can get caught up with where the story began.

Once Robots in Disguise has it's hooks in you, why not take a gander at our excellent RID gallery.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 SEP210194 3A (A/CA) Sorrentino (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM321 6C (CA) Arocena"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Cvr A Skywarp Image Comics 2024 1023IM977 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #3 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #27 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM472 27A (CA) Camuncoli"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #1 Cvr I 1:100 Image Comics 2021 JUL210017 1I (CA) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #4 Image Comics 2020 AUG200346 (W) Kirkman (A/CA) Samnee + Wilson"
FIRE POWER #4 Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131E"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr K 1:30 Image Comics 2022 JUN220019 1K (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM379 22C (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #51 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 SEP220090 51D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #8 Image Comics 2021 DEC200200 (W) Kirkman (A/CA) Samnee + Wilson"
FIRE POWER #8 Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #20 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220338 20B (CA) Nguyen"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON