This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:What, no love for Laserbeak? >:oP

:P

Nope! To me, having Ratchet back was the highlight. :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:59 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

I was gonna ask instead why there is no love for Steeve?

Anyways, seeing Soundwave again was the highlight for me this season.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby psj333 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:31 am

After I saw the season 2 finale, I do realized that Kickback is the only Decepticon that to date has never been caught or even killed. Why? Because, not only he's the fastest Con of all times, he's also very deceptive and crazy. I'm tell you, right now: He's stinking crazy! Knows what will happen next in Season 3 airing this fall. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:05 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:After I saw the season 2 finale, I do realized that Kickback is the only Decepticon that to date has never been caught or even killed. Why? Because, not only he's the fastest Con of all times, he's also very deceptive and crazy. I'm tell you, right now: He's stinking crazy! Knows what will happen next in Season 3 airing this fall. :CON:

*Sigh* You're seeing a pattern where there is non. Kickback is just a smarmy little coward, he was probably still on the ship when they stasis bombed it. And he's not the fastest Decepticon of all time, he's just fast. Honestly, next you'll be saying that Grimlock is actually a cunning double agent...
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun

Whoops. I guess my post needed that.

*crickets*
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Kurona » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Madeus Prime wrote:
psj333 wrote:After I saw the season 2 finale, I do realized that Kickback is the only Decepticon that to date has never been caught or even killed. Why? Because, not only he's the fastest Con of all times, he's also very deceptive and crazy. I'm tell you, right now: He's stinking crazy! Knows what will happen next in Season 3 airing this fall. :CON:

*Sigh* You're seeing a pattern where there is non. Kickback is just a smarmy little coward, he was probably still on the ship when they stasis bombed it. And he's not the fastest Decepticon of all time, he's just fast. Honestly, next you'll be saying that Grimlock is actually a cunning double agent...

I mean... it's not too farfetched an idea. There's no reason to think every single Decepticon was on the ship at the time; others could have been out on missions gathering supplies or whatnot. Kickback and Springload not being shown in the episodes at all definitely raises some question marks. I mean yeah, it could just have easily been the writers not bothering to put them in and next season we'll find out they were there, but even so. It's a point worth entertaining imo.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby o.supreme » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:32 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:

I was gonna ask instead why there is no love for Steeve?

Anyways, seeing Soundwave again was the highlight for me this season.

Agreed 100% that was the highlight for myself also. I think we can stop with all the Soundwave spoilers now since the episode finally aired in the United States. While Ratchetsappearance in Decepticon Island part 1 & 2 was a welcome sight, the lackluster events of the episodes themselves was what made the Soundwave episode, while not really forwarding the overall plot of the series, still a highlight.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:54 am

Madeus Prime wrote:Honestly, next you'll be saying that Grimlock is actually a cunning double agent...

Wait, he isnt?!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:23 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
PrymeStriker wrote:

Whoops. I guess my post needed that.

*crickets*

:lol: :APPLAUSE: I appreciate this. The fact that that was in his opening line of the show too :MAXIMAL:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:01 am

Madeus_Prime wrote:*Sigh* You're seeing a pattern where there is non. Kickback is just a smarmy little coward, he was probably still on the ship when they stasis bombed it. And he's not the fastest Decepticon of all time, he's just fast. Honestly, next you'll be saying that Grimlock is actually a cunning double agent...

You seemed to believe as if Kickback is a weakling coward. That was Clampdown, not Kickback. Sure, he might not be the fastest. But he is much faster than any other characters combined, since that he is a F1 racer and not a sports car. You think that Bumblebee is able to go after him that easily? Also, Grimlock will never be a double agent. Never will. If anyone is, it has to be a new character. Perhaps we might know more about where Kickback and Springload is and all that double agent thing when Season 3 hits this fall. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 am

psj333 wrote:
Madeus_Prime wrote:*Sigh* You're seeing a pattern where there is non. Kickback is just a smarmy little coward, he was probably still on the ship when they stasis bombed it. And he's not the fastest Decepticon of all time, he's just fast. Honestly, next you'll be saying that Grimlock is actually a cunning double agent...

You seemed to believe as if Kickback is a weakling coward. That was Clampdown, not Kickback. Sure, he might not be the fastest. But he is much faster than any other characters combined, since that he is a F1 racer and not a sports car. You think that Bumblebee is able to go after him that easily? Also, Grimlock will never be a double agent. Never will. If anyone is, it has to be a new character. Perhaps we might know more about where Kickback and Springload is and all that double agent thing when Season 3 hits this fall. :CON:

Wasnt he a double agent for the autobots at the end of season 2. Meanign that he pretended to be a decepticon to inflitrate them but was really an autobot in disguise? Isnt that what a double agent it?

I was just joking around earlier but now I am a bit confused. Also Kickback is as mch a coward, simply a less interesting one than Clampdown.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:41 am

william-james88 wrote:
psj333 wrote:

Wasnt he a double agent for the autobots at the end of season 2. Meanign that he pretended to be a decepticon to inflitrate them but was really an autobot in disguise? Isnt that what a double agent it?

I was just joking around earlier but now I am a bit confused. Also Kickback is as mch a coward, simply a less interesting one than Clampdown.

Yes he was. He was disguised as a con but was always a bot, and we knew that. only the cons didn't

And yes, Kickback is a coward. Just unlike Clampdown as Clampdown had a crime boss for a main enemy in the con ranks. :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
psj333 wrote:You seemed to believe as if Kickback is a weakling coward. That was Clampdown, not Kickback.

As the above folks stated, they are both cowards. There can be more than one sniveling sycophant in the ranks, believe it or not, look at Washington D.C.

psj333 wrote: Sure, he might not be the fastest. But he is much faster than any other characters combined, since that he is a F1 racer and not a sports car.

Actually, Formula-1s are somewhat on par with Bugattis

F1s have more power, but the Bugatti has better control IMHO.

psj333 wrote: Also, Grimlock will never be a double agent. Never will.

Oh really?! As the above stated, HE WAS BEING SOMEWHAT CUNNING (FOR A DINOBOT) AND A DOUBLE AGENT.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
PrymeStriker wrote:Which according to this video is coming in the Fall. Not sure how accurate that is, but screw it I suppose. Also, as a fan of Transformers: Prime, I need to get this out of my system:

Thanks for linking that. It is the one statement in all of Botcon (aside form any news about the CW series) that I would have cared about. But as Sabreblade was nice enough to point out, since Hasbro studios didn't attend, all we have to go off of is the word of the toy producers.

The toy producers don't know all the details of the animated series (and vice versa), the statement "we're calling it season 3" speaks volumes. Jeffrey Combs once referred to what we now know as "Predacons Rising" to be "season 4" of TF Prime.

The only thing I took away from that short answer is that there will be "more episodes in the fall", what they are ultimately categorized as is still unknown. As some have stated, I hope SDCC sheds some more light on what is to come.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Isn't a double agent where where one side thinks their agent is working for them undercover but really is one of the enemy?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

o.supreme wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Which according to this video is coming in the Fall. Not sure how accurate that is, but screw it I suppose. Also, as a fan of Transformers: Prime, I need to get this out of my system:

Thanks for linking that. It is the one statement in all of Botcon (aside form any news about the CW series) that I would have cared about. But as Sabreblade was nice enough to point out, since Hasbro studios didn't attend, all we have to go off of is the word of the toy producers.

The toy producers don't know all the details of the animated series (and vice versa), the statement "we're calling it season 3" speaks volumes. Jeffrey Combs once referred to what we now know as "Predacons Rising" to be "season 4" of TF Prime.

The only thing I took away from that short answer is that there will be "more episodes in the fall", what they are ultimately categorized as is still unknown. As some have stated, I hope SDCC sheds some more light on what is to come.

I do as well. I sincerely hope this is not the end of the story. There's still so much to do.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Madeus Prime wrote:
psj333 wrote:You seemed to believe as if Kickback is a weakling coward. That was Clampdown, not Kickback.

As the above folks stated, they are both cowards. There can be more than one sniveling sycophant in the ranks, believe it or not, look at Washington D.C.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Madeus Prime » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:

Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby MrBlack » Tue May 03, 2016 8:37 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Madeus Prime wrote:

Not our fault. You guys keep sending them here.

On topic, I hope we see some resolution of the one storyline that actually interests me: What the heck is going on with the ruling council on Cybertron?

I wouldn't mind seeing Jazz again, either.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 am

Well, well, well, looks like we got some more confirmation on a new season coming. Constance Zimmer just Tweeted a photo from a recording session for the latest season.

https://twitter.com/ConstanceZimmer/status/728393620378800128

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Transformers: Robots In Disguise: Constance Zimmer Potentially Confirms Season 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri May 06, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks to Constance Zimmer's Twitter Page we now have what seems to be further information regarding a new season of Robots in Disguise! Zimmer posted a picture of herself in the recording studio and tagged both Transformers, TRiD and Strongarm in her post. We have mirrored the tweet below for you to check out. Does this all but confirm Season 3 to you? Are you excited that Robots in Disguise shall be returning? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Just working in my new #jonandvinnys shoes while making IMPACT OOFS #TRID #Transformers #Strongarm

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri May 06, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm sure CN or someone could cancel the show before this makes it through finalization, but I still sincerely hope there's a season three. I really want them to explore that whole Cybertron council thing that Ratchet hinted at in the finale.

MrBlack wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Jazz again, either.

That's a high possibility. Jazz answers directly to the council IIRC from "Can You Dig It?", so if they do expand it next season, we could be seeing him once again. Perhaps as part of the new "team" on Cybertron.

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
PrymeStriker wrote:I'm sure CN or someone could cancel the show before this makes it through finalization, but I still sincerely hope there's a season three. I really want them to explore that whole Cybertron council thing that Ratchet hinted at in the finale.

That's a high possibility. Jazz answers directly to the council IIRC from "Can You Dig It?", so if they do expand it next season, we could be seeing him once again. Perhaps as part of the new "team" on Cybertron.

Did season 2 already end? Was Jazz in season 2 also? How many episodes were in season 2?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Seibertron wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I'm sure CN or someone could cancel the show before this makes it through finalization, but I still sincerely hope there's a season three. I really want them to explore that whole Cybertron council thing that Ratchet hinted at in the finale.

Did season 2 already end? Was Jazz in season 2 also? How many episodes were in season 2?
Season 2 ended in the UK, but Part 1 of its two-part finale will air on Cartoon Network in the U.S. tomorrow morning. Jazz was not in season 2 (but another familiar face is). Season 2 has only 13 episodes. Season 3 will air in the Fall according to an interview TFormers did with Hasbro at BotCon.

Though, with Ms. Zimmer posting about her recording new episodes, surely the episodes set to air this Fall must be done by now, right? Storyboarder Kirk Van Wormer previously Tweeted about working on "Season 4", so this recording session that Zimmer Tweet could very well be for the show's fourth season.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deathsanras » Sat May 07, 2016 3:41 am

TV cartoons typically take 9-12 months to produce. When they're not ADR/post dubbed (ala Armada, Energon, Cybertron), the voice recording comes first (per Beast Wars, Beast Machines). If Zimmer is currently or recently recording Strongarm, the implication is that next year a new season (or other incarnation, e.g.: movie) would appear.
Deathsanras
Fuzor

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 302B 1023IM318 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 220622A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON