This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
I'm actually interested in the RiD crossovers on Rescue Bots. Not that I'm really keeping up on that show, but I quite enjoy seeing Rescue Bot takes on RiD designs. Now, while I'm done with school, I'm in dire need of some "History Lessons". Canadians, help us out. :PRAY:
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:I'm actually interested in the RiD crossovers on Rescue Bots. Not that I'm really keeping up on that show, but I quite enjoy seeing Rescue Bot takes on RiD designs.
What was really cool, design-wise, in this crossover is that Bounce (the Cyclone Mini-Con who appeared in the episode) was not only the same body-type as Ransack and Backtrack, but had a character model that literally looked like it was lifted straight out of the RID cartoon's art style. If he were to ever appear on RID, he'd virtually look exactly the same as he did on Rescue Bots, much like how Soundwave looked practically identical to his Prime cartoon design when he showed up in RID! Multi-show design synergy! :DANCE:

Though, on the other hand, Sideswipe's design was rather... unique, compared to his RID cartoon model. While his general look and silhouette were the same, he had a windshield design on his robot mode chest, which is odd considering how his RID cartoon model has his chest instead formed from his car hood. Even more inexplicable is that Sideswipe's Rescue Bots toy also has his car hood forming his robot chest, with the windshield ending up on the toy's back. Furthermore, Sideswipe's altmode in Rescue Bots looked to be based more directly on his RID cartoon altmode design, instead of his RB toy's altmode (which looks a little different from his RID cartoon altmode). So while Bounce got a design that looks (or would look) the same across both shows, Sideswipe instead got some artistic liberties for his RB cartoon design.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:34 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Watched S2E14, which makes sense... as most seasons typically have 26 episodes (I know there are some exceptions such as Prime S3 but...) and Decepticon Island just seemed like a mid-level event, not so much as an epic season finale should feel...

Anyway History Lessons was ok... I liked The idea of going back to the old base from TF Prime...would have been nice if Fowler was there as a cameo/tour guide...but oh well you cant have everything.. cant wait to see more and perhaps get a real perspective as to how much time has passed between Prime & RiD...

Also and It may be just me but...although Prime & BB have made regular cameos on RB since the beginning, I believe this is the first time another show character (Sideswipe) has appeared. I know fans of RB don't want to admit it...but I am strongly feeling S4 will be the end...and that is nothing to be ashamed of. The show had a good run...more episodes than any other series to date. It may be a subtle way of transitioning kids from RB to RiD, though my son has already moved on...I'm pretty sure if I told him S4 was the end, he would finish it out of respect for what he started when he was 5 ;) .
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:06 am

Watch while it's still up. The very beginning is cut off, though. The missing bit is the others approaching Fixit to talk about stop #41.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b83BcC0pqg

Also on Dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4sxwxv

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:23 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Just watched it a bit ago. Holy cow there is a lot of infodump dealing with what happened after Prime. appears to be a bunch of stuff that happened and I would have liked a little bit more exposition with that
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:39 am

Sabrblade wrote:So while Bounce got a design that looks (or would look) the same across both shows, Sideswipe instead got some artistic liberties for his RB cartoon design.

Indeed, and that's what I find interesting to see.

Meanwhile, checked out "History Lessons". It was pretty good, but I think I'm a little more open to this being season two rather than season three, because this episode didn't particularly feel like a premiere. Alas, that makes "Decepticon Island" a little odd.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 am

PrymeStriker wrote:Meanwhile, checked out "History Lessons". It was pretty good, but I think I'm a little more open to this being season two rather than season three, because this episode didn't particularly feel like a premiere. Alas, that makes "Decepticon Island" a little odd.
Twould be a "mid-season climax event", then. Or the end of the season's first story arc.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
History Lessons was nice.

I'm still really uneasy about the desert/winter camos being shameless to-sell-toys things. I mean I get it, every Transformers series does it; but this just seems especially obnoxious, even more than Armada's Powerlinx 'upgrades'.
Also the base was attacked by Decepticons and Bumblebee went to hide? What? Wasn't the whole point in TFP that the base was hidden and that when it was found at the end of Season 2 it was a massive game-changer because the Decepticons immediately blew the hell out of it?
And I certainly don't recognise those defence systems from TFP...

Otherwise, great episode. I liked Paralon, the callback to Wheeljack's first appearance is nice; and I like that Buzzstrike appears to be a combination of a Targetmaster and an Armada-esque Powerlinx power-up Mini-con, which I really like. That's what the Aligned continuity (though it seems a joke to call it that anymore) is all about after all, right? Melding together aspects of previous series to make something new and entertaining.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Kurona wrote:Also the base was attacked by Decepticons and Bumblebee went to hide? What? Wasn't the whole point in TFP that the base was hidden and that when it was found at the end of Season 2 it was a massive game-changer because the Decepticons immediately blew the hell out of it?
Pretty sure he was talking about some offscreen event that we never saw in Prime, possibly set before the show's beginning in the time when there were Decepticons on Earth three years prior. And maybe they were Decepticons who weren't part of the Nemesis crew and never got to report back their finding of the Autobots' base to Megatron (if they were Vehicons, the Autobots might've even killed them).

Kurona wrote:And I certainly don't recognise those defence systems from TFP...
You are correct. They weren't in Prime. They're likely from more offscreen events, like the above incident and the time Bee and Bulkhead arm-wrestled.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Also the base was attacked by Decepticons and Bumblebee went to hide? What? Wasn't the whole point in TFP that the base was hidden and that when it was found at the end of Season 2 it was a massive game-changer because the Decepticons immediately blew the hell out of it?
Pretty sure he was talking about some offscreen event that we never saw in Prime, possibly set before the show's beginning in the time when there were Decepticons on Earth three years prior. And maybe they were Decepticons who weren't part of the Nemesis crew and never got to report back their finding of the Autobots' base to Megatron (if they were Vehicons, the Autobots might've even killed them).

Kurona wrote:And I certainly don't recognise those defence systems from TFP...
You are correct. They weren't in Prime. They're likely from more offscreen events, like the above incident and the time Bee and Bulkhead arm-wrestled.

True. Not necessarily saying it's out of the realm of possibility; just that if you're going to a place specifically as a callback it'd make sense to allude to things that, y'know, were part of that place rather than bringing up random things. Just raises eyebrows and questions.
Still, not enough to bring down a great episode. Interested to see how things go with Buzzstrike. I mean he's obviously gonna join the autobots - even if he wasn't paired with Bumblebee in his toy that's really obvious from how he acts in the episode - but it'll be fun to see how.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I feel like some of the callbacks could have been things that happened after Prime finished. The bots could have come back to fix things up and finish off their base on Earth to permanently return to Cybertron, and there could have been cons left behind. plus, it would explain the lack of anyone else present as things were closed down
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 pm

In the next episode called, "Strongarm's Biggest Score", looks like her biggest score is Scatterspike, judging by the footage shown at this year's Comic Con. In the footage, you can see Scatterspike completely beat Strongarm senselessly, before took off. Is it true, that Scatterspike is being described as Strongarm's rival of sorts, hence the title? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:51 pm

psj333 wrote:In the next episode called, "Strongarm's Biggest Score", looks like her biggest score is Scatterspike, judging by the footage shown at this year's Comic Con. In the footage, you can see Scatterspike completely beat Strongarm senselessly, before took off. Is it true, that Scatterspike is being described as Strongarm's rival of sorts, hence the title? :CON:
Or, it could be the episode where she acquires Sawtooth as her partner Mini-Con.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:56 pm

So, An autobot base in Mt Saint Helens, weapons minicons wanting freedom, repaints of season 1 and 2 characters for the bad guys. huh
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Egh, "Strongarm's Big Score" was kind of annoying for the most part. All the "testing" going on throughout the episode was so unnecessary. There were more important things to deal with, and it made me want to strangle both Strongarm and Fixit. That's an impressive feat, especially for the latter. Otherwise, I did like the end section with more revelations about the Decepticons, Minicons, and contacting Optimus. Not sure how to feel about them all being repaints of previous enemies, but screw it.

Next week, Episode 3: "Feminist Logic".

Oh, sorry, I always confuse that title. I meant "Pretzel Logic".

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:24 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So, An autobot base in Mt Saint Helens, weapons minicons wanting freedom, repaints of season 1 and 2 characters for the bad guys. huh

btw it's HILARY not Helens, but i s'pose Helens would've been it's real world equivalent :-? anywhoo....i got goosebumps when that volcano name was mentioned, although ended up a little disappointed when there was no huge hole there where the Ark once sat :(
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:26 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So, An autobot base in Mt Saint Helens, weapons minicons wanting freedom, repaints of season 1 and 2 characters for the bad guys. huh

btw it's HILARY not Helens, but i s'pose Helens would've been it's real world equivalent :-? anywhoo....i got goosebumps when that volcano name was mentioned, although ended up a little disappointed when there was no huge hole there where the Ark once sat :(
If the Ark ever did sit there, that is, since we have no idea what happened to the Ark in this continuity after it left Cybertron through a space bridge and went on a planet-hopping adventure in space.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:07 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
btw isn't Aerobolt supposed to be a good guy? i know he's supposed to be Power Surge Op Prime's minicon(well...at least where the Leader Class PSOP is concerned) so i dunno why he's hanging out with a bunch of enemy minicons(coz Clawtrap is a decepticon! you can see his insignia)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:12 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:btw isn't Aerobolt supposed to be a good guy? i know he's supposed to be Power Surge Op Prime's minicon(well...at least where the Leader Class PSOP is concerned) so i dunno why he's hanging out with a bunch of enemy minicons(coz Clawtrap is a decepticon! you can see his insignia)
All three of the Mini-Cons we've seen so far hanging out with those Decepticons are ones whose toys come with Autobot toys. But as Aerobolt says, they're currently in a situation in which they don't trust anyone, and have to rely on these Decepticons for the time being since someone is apparently after them. Yet, we saw how Buzzstrike behaved in the last episode and how Sawtooth behaved in this episode, in which both of them didn't want to hurt anyone and aren't inherently evil. It's evident that these Mini-Cons are eventually going to learn to trust the Autobots and join up with them later on.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 am

Strongarm's twitchy eye when she heard 89 was the best part of the episode tbh
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby psj333 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:26 am

As many of you may not know, I am in Canada. Recently, I've already watched the episode, "Strongarm Big Score." In that episode, Scatterspike approached Strongarm and brutally attacked her. Strongarm then pinned her and cuffed her, but escaped, thanks to Sawtooth. That being said, does that mean that Scatterspike will most likely be Strongarm's main rival in the near future? :BOT: :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:11 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:

I was writing my geology paper on mount saint helens at the time, slip of the mind.

And, the person who is after those minicons is totally Starscream, we all know it
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:14 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And, the person who is after those minicons is totally Starscream, we all know it

Hell yeah. 8-)

I'm going to laugh my ass off if his episode debut is "Milo Stewart Logic" "Pretzel Logic". It'll probably come much later, but if it is....holy sh**. :lol:

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Flashwave » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sabrblade wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:

If the Ark ever did sit there, that is, since we have no idea what happened to the Ark in this continuity after it left Cybertron through a space bridge and went on a planet-hopping adventure in space.

But Arcee did mention the Ark to Jack when Maggy showed up in Prime, so there IS or WAS an ark.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210482 3A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #13 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 13RI"
TRANSFORMERS #13 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #46 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210500 2B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON