This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers RID season 3 episodes 1-4 online and synopsis

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 am

so the first 4 episodes of the new season are starting to make their rounds online at various video watching websites. I will refrain from posting direct links due to possible malware from some of these sites like animeflavor.

The first episodes starts off the story arc of the new minicon gimmick, showing this seasons repaint villains, with the first being the recent beastwars homage parallon. the minicons have allied themselves with the repaints of bisk, quillfire etc as new characters and are helping them to scavenge old autobot installations on earth in exchange for protection from starscream. they try to keep their decepticon partners from doing too much damage, as they don't really want to hurt anyone. the Autobots try and stop them, however are overpowered by the minicons themselves, as the minis can take control of the autobots bodies when they hold them in weapon mode. Bumblebee calls optimus and asks him to return to earth to help with the ordeal. the Repaint decepticons find the darkstar saber, and while they are distracted the new minicons steal their ship and run away, just in time for starscream to arrive and lay down the law on the new repaints. starscreams new mercenary lackeys track the minocons to the salvage yard and capture fixit and drifts minocns, mistaking them for the new weapon ones. when starscream finds out that bumblebee is on earth, he holds the minicons hostage in exchange for bumblebee. just as bee is captured, optimus arrives quite dramatically on earth.

the first episode takes place at the ruins of the autobot base from Prime, and the second is a neat nod to g1, as it takes place at Mount Saint Hilary, to which strongarm says is "the first autobot base on Earth" these episodes do set the tone for the new season, but also come off as a bit of filler. Like grimlock learning to make pretzels from an old monk at a monastery.

Starscreams reveal, Optimus primes return, and the recovery of the dark star saber all take place in episode 4. Starscream himself is definitely coming off a bit more badass. hes also accompanied by mercenaries that seem to be retools of the vehicon, and insecticon respectively. his third lackey looks to be a new design.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Re: Transformers RID season 3 episodes 1-4 online and synopsis

Postby Kurona » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:42 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Immortal Starscream wrote:so the first 4 episodes of the new season are starting to make their rounds online at various video watching websites. I will refrain from posting direct links due to possible malware from some of these sites like animeflavor.

The first episodes starts off the story arc of the new minicon gimmick, showing this seasons repaint villains, with the first being the recent beastwars homage parallon. the minicons have allied themselves with the repaints of bisk, quillfire etc as new characters and are helping them to scavenge old autobot installations on earth in exchange for protection from starscream. they try to keep their decepticon partners from doing too much damage, as they don't really want to hurt anyone. the Autobots try and stop them, however are overpowered by the minicons themselves, as the minis can take control of the autobots bodies when they hold them in weapon mode. Bumblebee calls optimus and asks him to return to earth to help with the ordeal. the Repaint decepticons find the darkstar saber, and while they are distracted the new minicons steal their ship and run away, just in time for starscream to arrive and lay down the law on the new repaints. starscreams new mercenary lackeys track the minocons to the salvage yard and capture fixit and drifts minocns, mistaking them for the new weapon ones. when starscream finds out that bumblebee is on earth, he holds the minicons hostage in exchange for bumblebee. just as bee is captured, optimus arrives quite dramatically on earth.

the first episode takes place at the ruins of the autobot base from Prime, and the second is a neat nod to g1, as it takes place at Mount Saint Hilary, to which strongarm says is "the first autobot base on Earth" these episodes do set the tone for the new season, but also come off as a bit of filler. Like grimlock learning to make pretzels from an old monk at a monastery.

Starscreams reveal, Optimus primes return, and the recovery of the dark star saber all take place in episode 4. Starscream himself is definitely coming off a bit more badass. hes also accompanied by mercenaries that seem to be retools of the vehicon, and insecticon respectively. his third lackey looks to be a new design.

Just to let you know because your post seems to imply you didn't know... but all these episodes aired officially weeks ago. That arc's been over for a while.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers RID season 3 episodes 1-4 online and synopsis

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:Just to let you know because your post seems to imply you didn't know... but all these episodes aired officially weeks ago. That arc's been over for a while.

They have yet to air in the US in full. We are way behind on that
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Not really, the 6 episodes aired in Canada from 9/10/16 to 10/15/16, then the very next week they started airing on CN U.S. from 10/22/16-11/26/16. For those who have not watched them online already, (many sites had them immediately after the Canadian airings) CN will be caught up in just under two weeks...its no big deal ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
o.supreme wrote:Not really, the 6 episodes aired in Canada from 9/10/16 to 10/15/16, then the very next week they started airing on CN U.S. from 10/22/16-11/26/16. For those who have not watched them online already, (many sites had them immediately after the Canadian airings) CN will be caught up in just under two weeks...its no big deal ;)

Even so, was just bringing that to light that all 6 episodes haven't been shown on CN yet, and some people don't watch it from other sources
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:37 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Even so, was just bringing that to light that all 6 episodes haven't been shown on CN yet, and some people don't watch it from other sources

which is why we tried to be careful and make sure all our comments during that time had spoiler tags.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 Volume 1 DVD Features and Description

Postby Va'al » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:14 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via Australian site EZY DVD, we have some information on the first volume of the second season of animated series Transformers: Robots in Disguise, featuring team Bee splitting up from team Prime - check out the blurb and features included below!

Description

When a weakened Optimus takes a group of Autobots to capture a Decepticon in the Arctic, Bumblebee and his remaining crew find themselves ambushed and in dire danger! With Robots in Disguise toys, games and more currently in the market, anda brand new Michael Bay-directed Transformers movie starring Mark Wahlberg scheduled for release in 2017, the Transformers brand continues to go from strength to strength!

Special Features

Year of Release
Language
English
Audio Format
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Transfer Aspect Ratio
16:9
DVD Region
Number of Discs
Video Format
PAL
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Zeedust » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Am I the only one who's displeased with how the Predacons got handled? Predaking doesn't show up, and the other two get killed off in the most casual manner since Scorponok and Terrorsaur just so Starscream can get a makeover. Way to treat an endangered species, guys.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Zeedust wrote:Am I the only one who's displeased with how the Predacons got handled? Predaking doesn't show up, and the other two get killed off in the most casual manner since Scorponok and Terrorsaur just so Starscream can get a makeover. Way to treat an endangered species, guys.
Starscream claimed he destroyed Darksteel and Skylynx, but I'd say the visuals were ambiguous enough to leave their fates open should the writers decide to have them alive later, with an explanation being that they were chased off by Darkmount's defenses, leaving Starscream to just think that they were killed. After all, Starscream has an ego big enough to believe such a fantasy. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Zeedust » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:18 am

Sabrblade wrote:Starscream claimed he destroyed Darksteel and Skylynx, but I'd say the visuals were ambiguous enough to leave their fates open should the writers decide to have them alive later, with an explanation being that they were chased off by Darkmount's defenses, leaving Starscream to just think that they were killed. After all, Starscream has an ego big enough to believe such a fantasy. ;)

Point taken, but unless Hasbro decides to put Predacons back on the shelves, which strikes me as unlikely, I doubt the writers would be allowed to go down that road even if they wanted to.
Zeedust
City Commander
Buy from Zeedust on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:15 am

Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Starscream claimed he destroyed Darksteel and Skylynx, but I'd say the visuals were ambiguous enough to leave their fates open should the writers decide to have them alive later, with an explanation being that they were chased off by Darkmount's defenses, leaving Starscream to just think that they were killed. After all, Starscream has an ego big enough to believe such a fantasy. ;)

Point taken, but unless Hasbro decides to put Predacons back on the shelves, which strikes me as unlikely, I doubt the writers would be allowed to go down that road even if they wanted to.
They were allowed to bring back Prime Soundwave at a point when there was no new Soundwave toy.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

They were allowed to bring back Prime Soundwave at a point when there was no new Soundwave toy.

Recent events are having me wondering if that actually was a toy tie-in; leading up to it slyly without us realising.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:24 am

Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Recent events are having me wondering if that actually was a toy tie-in; leading up to it slyly without us realising.
Considering that episode originally aired in Spring 2016, about a whole year before the point when the forthcoming Soundwave toy will see release (Spring 2017), meaning that the episode had to have been created in 2015, I have my doubts of that being the case since 2015 would be way too far ahead for the showrunners to know about any toy plans for 2017.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 am

Sabrblade, the forthcoming RID Soundwave Warrior figure coming out in Spring 2017 retains his Prime head, but with a different body. Unlike the Prime Soundwave, who turned into a drone fighter, this version of Soundwave actually transforms into a futuristic armored military van. This means most likely when Soundwave fully returns in Combiner Force, he is expected to have a brand-new body in the same way as Starscream and Ratchet were before. He is also most likely that he will finally talk throughout the entire season, as it is confirmed that Frank Welker (Soundwave's voice actor) will return to voice acting. :CON:

Note: Frank Welker voiced Soundwave in Prime as he did way back in G1.
psj333
Combiner

Postby Zeedust » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

He was never implied to be dead though, just shoved into another dimension. Plus he's a big G1 name, so they probably don't mind him staying in circulation.

And even if the Preds do turn up alive, I'm really annoyed that Starscream didn't receive the mangling he had coming to him.

psj333 wrote:He is also most likely that he will finally talk throughout the entire season, as it is confirmed that Frank Welker (Soundwave's voice actor) will return to voice acting. :CON:

Note: Frank Welker voiced Soundwave in Prime as he did way back in G1.

Is it confirmed that he'll voice Soundwave, or just voice someone in RiD? And even if he does voice Soundwave, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll have any set amount of lines.
Zeedust
City Commander
Buy from Zeedust on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

He was never implied to be dead though, just shoved into another dimension. Plus he's a big G1 name, so they probably don't mind him staying in circulation.

And even if the Preds do turn up alive, I'm really annoyed that Starscream didn't receive the mangling he had coming to him.
Since the Preds had Starscream completely surrounded, with the throne blocking his way behind him, I'd imagine that they might have gotten to pummel him some before he was able to slip away and flee for his life.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 am

Sabrblade, just weeks ago, Hasbro had recently released photos of brand-new figures that I'm pretty sure that almost all of them will appear in Combiner Force series, as stated by io9.com. One of the figures that I do look forward to is Twinferno, as you might remember him back in the G1 series known as the Headmasters. He is the second Autobot next to Grimlock to be animal-based. Compared to most animal-based Cybertronians, Twinferno's alt-mode is unique, which is actually a vehicle-beast hybrid, that is a jet that is based on a two-headed dragon. Where did Hasbro get the vehicle-beast hybrid alt-mode from? Another thing about Twinferno is according to TFormers.com, it states that while the G1 Twinferno is described as a Monsterbot, the RID Twinferno is actually a Dinobot like Grimlock, even though he is listed as a dragon by Hasbro standards. Should he makes his appearance in RID, will he retain his G1 personality for sure? :BOT:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:57 am

If you read HERE you will see that only some of these new toys will be appearing in the show. Not all of them are for sure gonna make an appearance.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:11 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If you read HERE you will see that only some of these new toys will be appearing in the show. Not all of them are for sure gonna make an appearance.

Where does it say that?
In any case it likely refers mostly to Skywarp.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:06 am

Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If you read HERE you will see that only some of these new toys will be appearing in the show. Not all of them are for sure gonna make an appearance.

Where does it say that?
In any case it likely refers mostly to Skywarp.

First 2 sentences. I'm thinking it may be more than just Skywarp though.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:53 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Bludgeon is probably toyline filler too. >:oP
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby psj333 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:40 pm

I believe you're most likely refer to Skywarp, Blundgeon and, Blastwave, as those are repaints. It is Blurr, Cyclonus, Soundwave, and Twinferno, who will mostly likely to become cartoon characters, as Blurr has made numberous appearances on G1, Armada, Animated, and then Rescue Bots. Soundwave did return in RID, but given his RID toy release, he is expected to have a brand-new body. Cyclonus, as mentioned by Hasbro will be the dictator of Cybertron, thus, leader of the High Council (as mentioned in the cartoon). I don't know about Twinferno. But it is likely he will appear as well as he did in G1 Headmasters. :BOT: :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Kurona » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:50 pm

psj333 wrote:

I believe you're most likely refer to Skywarp, Blundgeon and, Blastwave, as those are repaints. It is Blurr, Cyclonus, Soundwave, and Twinferno, who will mostly likely to become cartoon characters, as Blurr has made numberous appearances on G1, Armada, Animated, and then Rescue Bots. Soundwave did return in RID, but given his RID toy release, he is expected to have a brand-new body. Cyclonus, as mentioned by Hasbro will be the dictator of Cybertron, thus, leader of the High Council (as mentioned in the cartoon). I don't know about Twinferno. But it is likely he will appear as well as he did in G1 Headmasters. :BOT: :CON:

Wait, what? What's G1, Armada and Animated got to do with this Blurr?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:51 pm

psj333 wrote:

But yet, we've already had repaints show up. Scatterspike and Paralon showed up, not to mention all the desert and arctic camo sets.

I'm still hoping for a Megatron appearance soon. I want to see him again
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 pm

TF Generations (i.e. Titans Return) have nothing to do with RiD15, or what characters will be featured.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON