This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Bombilation » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Motto: ""Hark, O shade! Like a radiantly roaring flame, I shall quell Cybertron of its dark resolve!""
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Right, I'm sure RID is perfect for a lot of people, especially younger viewers. I just feel like RID is a little too kiddy, just like how Prime was a little bit too edgy. I'm all about balance when it comes to stories. Still, that's just my opinion.
I'm an online stalker and I'm proud! I lurk boards with the elegance of a mute Reflector!

Bombilation
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Electric Motorcycle
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bombilation » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Motto: ""Hark, O shade! Like a radiantly roaring flame, I shall quell Cybertron of its dark resolve!""
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Right, I'm sure RID is perfect for a lot of people, especially younger viewers. I just feel like RID is a little too kiddy, just like how Prime was a little bit too edgy. I'm all about balance when it comes to stories. Still, that's just my opinion.
I'm an online stalker and I'm proud! I lurk boards with the elegance of a mute Reflector!

Bombilation
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Electric Motorcycle
Speed: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:36 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nexus Knight wrote:Um... because... *checks TFwiki* Well, I think because of a bad timeslot, but TFwiki is being mean, so I'm uncertain.
Being mean where?

From what I recall, Animated was a co-production between Cartoon Network and Hasbro, and when Hasbro partnered with Discovery to create their own channel (The Hub) they chose to end their relations with CN so as to further the switch over to The Hub. Plus, while Hasbro liked Animated, it wasn't what they (as in the previous Transformers team) wanted to continue focusing on since they had created the Binder of Revelation and the Aligned continuity, and wanted to give all their attention to that more than they wanted to continue Animated.

Bombilation wrote:Right, I'm sure RID is perfect for a lot of people, especially younger viewers. I just feel like RID is a little too kiddy, just like how Prime was a little bit too edgy. I'm all about balance when it comes to stories. Still, that's just my opinion.
It's no more kiddie that Animated was. It's even no more kiddie than G1 was.

Besides, was that last story arc really all that kiddie? With the visit to the old base from Prime, to the visiting of Mount St. Hilary, to the three-part final showdown against Starscream?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Nexus Knight » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:24 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Being mean was simply a joke. :P I was simply having trouble pinpointing where I'd read it on the site.

I have to agree, though. They manage to get some very serious moments in both TF:A (RIP Prowl :( ) and RiD. TF:A did handle the more serious storylines better, IMO, but RiD has managed to do better in keeping their villains just dark enough to be interesting, but light enough for a children's show. Megatronus (hope I'm spelling that right) was an awesome villain who died too quickly.

Bombilation wrote:Right, I'm sure RID is perfect for a lot of people, especially younger viewers. I just feel like RID is a little too kiddy, just like how Prime was a little bit too edgy. I'm all about balance when it comes to stories. Still, that's just my opinion.

I can't comment on TF:P's faults much. It got me back in the franchise by being just plain awesome. I have nothing bad to say for that series and I was disappointed that it was so rushed at the end.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Activity Book Listed on Amazon.com

Postby Va'al » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:56 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
With the animated series Transformers: Robots in Disguise having reached its last episode of the season, we have some news from online retailer Amazon.com, about a new activity book for the smaller bots in your lives! The book will be released in April 2017, currently priced at £4.99/$6 USD approx, and can be found here to pre-order. It has an awesome wristband.

It's time to rev up and roll out with Bumblebee and his fearless team with Transformers Robots in Disguise Autobot Activities. Find out which Autobot you are most like, invent new equipment, crack Optimus Prime's secret code and so much more with this awesome activity book! This cool activity book comes with over 40 activities and an awesome wristband.

Paperback: 48 pages
Publisher: Parragon Book Service Ltd (11 April 2017)
ISBN-10: 1474868142
ISBN-13: 978-1474868143
Product Dimensions: 20 x 0.7 x 27.6 cm
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Galactic Prime » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 am

FFS post a direct link
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:06 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Galactic Prime wrote:FFS post a direct link

Are you talking about the Amazon book, or something else? :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BattleConvoy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:From what I recall, Animated was a co-production between Cartoon Network and Hasbro, and when Hasbro partnered with Discovery to create their own channel (The Hub) they chose to end their relations with CN so as to further the switch over to The Hub. Plus, while Hasbro liked Animated, it wasn't what they (as in the previous Transformers team) wanted to continue focusing on since they had created the Binder of Revelation and the Aligned continuity, and wanted to give all their attention to that more than they wanted to continue Animated?

Most countries showed Prime on CN.

Only America (I think) had it on The Hub. (Which is a US channel)
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:06 pm

BattleConvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:From what I recall, Animated was a co-production between Cartoon Network and Hasbro, and when Hasbro partnered with Discovery to create their own channel (The Hub) they chose to end their relations with CN so as to further the switch over to The Hub. Plus, while Hasbro liked Animated, it wasn't what they (as in the previous Transformers team) wanted to continue focusing on since they had created the Binder of Revelation and the Aligned continuity, and wanted to give all their attention to that more than they wanted to continue Animated?

Most countries showed Prime on CN.

Only America (I think) had it on The Hub. (Which is a US channel)
That means nothing in regards to why Animated was discontinued after its third season, as it was the American CN who who co-produced it with Hasbro.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby TurboMMaster » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
That means nothing in regards to why Animated was discontinued after its third season, as it was the American CN who who co-produced it with Hasbro.
Wasn't this already explained few times. New Hasbro cycle is like:

Old Animated Series --> LA Movie --> New Animated series

So it appears that RID 2015 will end in this year, after season 3.
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 pm

TurboMMaster wrote:
Wasn't this already explained few times. New Hasbro cycle is like:

Old Animated Series --> LA Movie --> New Animated series

So it appears that RID 2015 will end in this year, after season 3.
That's not how it always goes, though. DOTM came out while TF: Prime was still airing its first season on TV, so Prime came first but ended long after DOTM.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Robots in Disguise Menasor and Team Bee 4-Bot Combiners Teased

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to StuartMaximus we have some very interesting and exciting news to bring to you. A bus has been photographed in Hong Kong from a member of the Transformers Chile Facebook group that has a pair of new 4-bot combiners on it: Team Bee and Menasor! Menasor looks to be a new take on his Combiner Wars design in Robots in Disguise style and a very thin waist. He also appears to only be composed of 4 Stunticons, as the side of the bus implies. The Team Bee Combiner (Ultra Bee?) has Bumblebee as the torso, Strongarm as the right Strongarm, Sideswipe as the left arm, and Grimlock forming both legs (Oh no: Dinobot in a Combiner!!). "Ultra Bee" was also sighted at a UK asda store, so it seems we are getting some Combiners really soon!

So, are you ready for some combining to take place in Robots in Disguise? Ready for Team Bee to take the ultimate Team Building exercise? Ready for some Stunticons in a new show? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Well, sh*t. There we go, then.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I really want a good toy of both those combiners. Damn they look awesome.

And they had better name him Ultra Bee
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Weird how they're both four-bot combiners when the season 3 press release said the Decepticon combiner was five bots.

And Drift gets left out of the Autobot one from some reason.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Weird how they're both four-bot combiners when the season 3 press release said the Decepticon combiner was five bots.

It is weird. But hey, maybe him, optimus, Ratchet, and Windblade will form a whole other combiner!

Also, let's couple this combiner news to the fact that we are getting 3 new aerialbot toys. Possible RiD Superion?
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:13 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Weird how they're both four-bot combiners when the season 3 press release said the Decepticon combiner was five bots.

It is weird. But hey, maybe him, optimus, Ratchet, and Windblade will form a whole other combiner!
Him and three others who aren't in the show anymore? ;)

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Also, let's couple this combiner news to the fact that we are getting 3 new aerialbot toys. Possible RiD Superion?
Did you know Stormshot's on-package bio calls him an "aerialbot"?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun

It's possible one of them could be a smaller toy that's an optional attachment, ala the Legends figures in CW.

Does this seem really experimental to anyone else? Like, after they finally figured out how to do Combiners well, they're now aiming simpler and in a main line to see if it's possible for them to A) Do a full combiner in a main line, and B) be able to go back to doing Combiners without having the line dominated by them, like how they were in the G1 toyline and - dare I say it - Energon and FoC?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

There could be more then one Con Combiner just like we got 3 Aerialbot so far with probably a 4th and maybe a 5th (Stormshot, Skysledge and Stormhammer the latter 2 who combine into Skyhammer just like how Bee and Sidewipe combine into a two bot combiner)

I think that maybe we get Combaticons who combine into Bruticus and if it had to be a 4 bot combiner they would probably leave out Blastoff which could be explained through this.

Yeah yeah the games and comics are not exactly connected perfectly but I think that it could be a reason if they go through a 4 bot Bruticus like a line from Swindle or Vortex saying "Yeah we lost one of our own in the great war just like how the Stunticons lost Breakdown here on Earth" plus it's not like Blastoff's fate after the games is going to be revealed or anything with High Moon gone.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Also, let's couple this combiner news to the fact that we are getting 3 new aerialbot toys. Possible RiD Superion?
Did you know Stormshot's on-package bio calls him an "aerialbot"?

I did not no. I saw his alpine drift wavemate at TRU today, so I mustve just missed him, otherwise I would've see the toy at least.

But, i'm looking forward to season 3. All this combining stuff actually seems really cool
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Of course, as established in previous Aligned media (WFC and Exodus in particular), the terms "Aerialbot" and "Seeker" refer to all flying jet-moded Transformers in general, with the book further establishing that they were all once Seekers in the pre-war factionless days, and when the factions rose up, the whole Seeker subgroup joined the Decepticons while any defectors who sided with the Autobots renamed themselves as "Aerialbots" (save for Jetfire, who considered himself still a Seeker but an Autobot one).

Of course, this all was only executed in Aligned fiction, so it's neat to see the "Aerialbot = jetformer Autobot" label carried over further into RID 2015. 8-)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Oh, yeah, that's right. Breakdown pushed up lugnuts in Prime. That's why there's only four Stunticons. I forgot about that, considering Breakdown's model in the show was a little bit too busty to share size with the likes of Dead End or Dragstrip. His G1 connection to the Stunticons has been suppressed from my memory for eons thanks to Prime.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Interesting thought: Bee, Sides, and Strong are all about the same size, and Grim is much larger than them. As a result, Grim forms the pants down, while the other 3 make up the chest and arms.

What if... They use Breakdown (screw being dead) or one of the other Stunticons uses his body type, and that one forms the pants like Grim and the other 3 make the rest?
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Zeedust » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:04 am

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Menasor doesn't look bad, but do we need another one so soon? I know we've ditched the metal furries in favor of more G1 rehashes, but I can't help but wonder if other options (aside from Bruticus, which we had one of even more recently than Menasor) were ever seriously considered.

The Bee Team combiner, on the other hand, delights me. For some reason I just love combiners with mixed alt modes. Three cars and a dinosaur? Sounds fun.

Not that I'd get my hopes up for either of these with movie toys on the way, mind you. History could all too easily repeat.

Sabrblade wrote:And Drift gets left out of the Autobot one from some reason.

He's always struck me as not being close to the rest of the team the way the first five members of the Bee Team are to each other.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Grahf_ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 am

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
As for the combiners we've been dealt, I wonder if they'll go the Tobots route and make each component only go from vehicle to combined modes. I for one wouldn't mind since we already have at least six different molds of each of those Autobots already that go from robot to vehicle. It would also be interesting to see how Hasbro would handle something like that since they pretty much mastered highly articulated combiners without compromising any of the three modes too much at a normal price point. You'd think it would be an easier thing to do but who knows.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON