This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:Also don't get me started on Cybertron. ;) . Maybe I was jaded after seeing some Galaxy Force episodes first, but I knew from the get-go it had nothing to do with Armada/Energon, why they had to shoehorn continuity was beyond me. To make matters worse, TT caved and did in fact retcon it to connect the other series somehow long after it aired... Should have stuck to their guns on that one.
In all honesty, Cybertron was supposed to be another sequel from its conception. GONZO either missed that memo or chose to ignore it when they made the cartoon into being a standalone series. It wasn't America tampering with a Japanese work so much as it was Japan mucking up what America had originally planned for the series in the first place. After all, it was Aaron Archer who drew up and outlined the earliest ideas for it on the so-called "Napkin of Revelation".

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:34 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
continuing the conversation here, so we don't get accused of being OT ;)

energon-and-cybertron-link--p1877943.php#p1877943
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

New Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Videos

Postby WreckerJack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Some new videos were uploaded on cartoon network's youtube channel today. We have posted them for your viewing pleasure below so you can check out Strongarm and Sideswipe sporting some desert camo. If you are a fan for the Robots in Disguise show be sure to know when the RiD Combiner Force episodes will air, using this article.

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sarahthecutevixen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:26 am

Motto: "Violence isn't the answer, it's the question. The answer is yes."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
so far pretty cool, I hope by the end of the series we see more Predacons :BH-PREDACON:
Sarahthecutevixen
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Draconian feline
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:47 pm

GalvatronG1 wrote:so far pretty cool, I hope by the end of the series we see more Predacons :BH-PREDACON:
Outside of one flashback of one episode, there are no Predacons in this show.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sarahthecutevixen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Motto: "Violence isn't the answer, it's the question. The answer is yes."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:so far pretty cool, I hope by the end of the series we see more Predacons :BH-PREDACON:

I know, I still wish to see some, or some generics using the models of predacons
Sarahthecutevixen
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Draconian feline
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
GalvatronG1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I know, I still wish to see some, or some generics using the models of predacons

We may get a Ser-Ket yet :twisted:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Previews for Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Episodes 3-7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Youtuber SeanTF1967 has uploaded 5 new previews for the upcoming episodes of Robots in Disguise: Combiner Force. The episodes, in order, are: Defrosted, Blurred, Sphere of Influence, Bee Cool, and The Great Divide. Previews for the 2-part season opener, King of the Hill, are also available, though those episodes aired this weekend as Combiner Force gets underway. Check out the previews starring the Stunticons and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
So unless he hit his head really hard, that is most certainly not TFP Breakdown back from the dead.

And Drag Strip is Decepticon Powerglide. Huh. Didn't see that one coming.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby BG the Robit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Motto: "I'm a AA Battery. Goodbye."
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
If you have Dish On Demand you can watch episodes 3-7 there.
BG the Robit
Targetmaster
Alt Mode: Monoformer
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Kurona wrote:So unless he hit his head really hard, that is most certainly not TFP Breakdown back from the dead.

The name Breakdown has not shown up in this series at all, so I'm not sure why it keeps coming up here
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:12 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:So unless he hit his head really hard, that is most certainly not TFP Breakdown back from the dead.

The name Breakdown has not shown up in this series at all, so I'm not sure why it keeps coming up here

Simple; TFP Breakdown and RiD Wildbreak are both based upon the same G1 character and have similar visual characteristics, TFP Breakdown's much bigger mass notwithstanding. So naturally one gets to wondering if they were doing a resurrection, especially when we've had quite a few TFP characters come back in the show recently. It's a fair assumption to make.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Simple; TFP Breakdown and RiD Wildbreak are both based upon the same G1 character and have similar visual characteristics, TFP Breakdown's much bigger mass notwithstanding. So naturally one gets to wondering if they were doing a resurrection, especially when we've had quite a few TFP characters come back in the show recently. It's a fair assumption to make.

Um, what?

TFPrime Breakdown was a beefed up G1 Breakdown basically, and Wildbreak doesn't even come close to sharing colors or look with him
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Um, what?

TFPrime Breakdown was a beefed up G1 Breakdown basically, and Wildbreak doesn't even come close to sharing colors or look with him

? Both of them have their primary colour as dark blue, their secondary colour as grey and have a red face. We are talking about the same Wildbreak, right?
And yeah, TFP Breakdown was much more bulky; I'm not saying there's an exact resemblance or anything. But considering the precedent we have for characters from TFP looking very different even in body shape (Soundwave most especially), I still think it was a fair theory to have. It's not like I'm theorising one of Galvatronus' limbs is Bulkhead; there was fair grounding and reasoning for this.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Um, what?

? Both of them have their primary colour as dark blue, their secondary colour as grey and have a red face. We are talking about the same Wildbreak, right?
And yeah, TFP Breakdown was much more bulky; I'm not saying there's an exact resemblance or anything. But considering the precedent we have for characters from TFP looking very different even in body shape (Soundwave most especially), I still think it was a fair theory to have. It's not like I'm theorising one of Galvatronus' limbs is Bulkhead; there was fair grounding and reasoning for this.

I'm... I'm still not seeing it at all. That is unmistakingly Wildrider. It's not really Breakdown blue and the secondary colors don't really match up either; a little, but not much, but even then it is pretty Wildrider than Prime Breakdown
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Um, what?

I'm... I'm still not seeing it at all. That is unmistakingly Wildrider. It's not really Breakdown blue and the secondary colors don't really match up either; a little, but not much, but even then it is pretty Wildrider than Prime Breakdown

I'm looking at it closer and it does seem like his main colour is close to Wildrider. Think we'll put this down to a blue-and-black-dress/white-and-gold-dress thing.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I was pretty sure that the fact that there was no one named "Breakdown" on this team already made it a given that Prime Breakdown wouldn't be part of this Stunticon team.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the two-part premiere, now that we finally have episode links?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I was pretty sure that the fact that there was no one named "Breakdown" on this team already made it a given that Prime Breakdown wouldn't be part of this Stunticon team.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the two-part premiere, now that we finally have episode links?

Well, seeing Ultra Bee that early was a surprise, and the Stuntwing visit was very unexpected and felt very weird, though Bee flying was cool. I love Motormaster's voice too.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I was pretty sure that the fact that there was no one named "Breakdown" on this team already made it a given that Prime Breakdown wouldn't be part of this Stunticon team.

I TELL YOU WHAT, IT WAS alright. Not terrible, nothing amazing; just alright. Kinda how I feel about most of RiD 2015; it's a simple fun kids' show with little risks but that's alright and it's still fun.
I guess the biggest thing I have to say is that I'm not sure how I feel about the cutaways to Russel. On one hand it was a pretty good moral that is a rather important thing to learn and it was nicely done... on the other hand it was really awkwardly chucked into the episode and cut to; it had nothing to do with the rest of the plot and each time it showed up I was just thinking "GET BACK TO THE ACTION!"
So yeah, nice thing, just not very well placed. Also, bit of a shame that Heatseeker doesn't really have any personality outside of evil laughter and saying the word 'chief'. Oh wellllllllllllllllll

Also also, goddammit Soundwave's talkative
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Err, yeah, sure, I'll take one for the team. I thought the first part was kind of sh*t, to be honest. Nothing completely against the writing, though there isn't much of substance in the first episode, but it was moreso clumsy in technical areas. For instance, the animation on Strongarm and Sideswipe through the episode, from when they're sparring in the base to when Sideswipe "transform jumps", seemed really unfinished. Their movements were clunkier than usual. Then, rather a problem with both parts, whoever Heatseeker's voice actor is really sucks donkey ass. The line delivery on that 'con was absolutely abysmal and cringeworthy.

So you can imagine how this makes the first part look when there's a bunch of production problems atop an uneventful story. However, the second part I found improved on everything. The animation wasn't unnatural anymore, the plot was actually going somewhere given we were now focusing more on Bumblebee's overconfidence (which is one of the best things about this two-parter), and then there's all the spoilerific tease at the end. Ultimately, part two was a lot more up-to-speed. Also, for how weirdly Russel's b-plot was shoved into this premiere, I did kinda like it.

Robots in Disguise (2015) has always had these really polarizing premieres. It usually goes that way, where one part is good and the other part is garbage. You just kind of have to go "ehh" by the end of it all, even if one part was worth watching. Therefore, this is just another RID premiere. By-the-numbers.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Flashwave » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
First Complaint: HeatSeeker really coulda been Offroad, since this is now the second time the Stunticons have called on a high performance Pickup.

It was nice seeing Team Bee go up against an actual Decepticon and fall flat on their face. They talked about losing their sharpness and all, but the Bee Team spent all of its "training" up against recently released prisoners. Sure, ther was Screamer, but they had help for him. That being said, I don't feel like this really needed to be 2 episodes. I am not sure what you cut out to to condense it, other than the totally unneeded Football game, as most of the action sequences were needed. but Heatseeker alone wasn't really enough to warrant two episodes. He felt repetitve. I liked his motives, and his stregy, and dare I say it his aggressiveness, although I completely agree with Pryme Striker

, whoever Heatseeker's voice actor is really sucks donkey ass. The line delivery on that 'con was absolutely abysmal and cringeworthy.
on hi vocal delivery.

Sideswipe/Strongarm felt like a step backwards. Surely by now they should be working in better synce in spite of each other's idiosyncracies. Iam kinda tired of that, too.

Poor Grimlock.

The Minicon really felt like a "To Sell Toys!" moment. ZFlying Bunblebee served no purpose, and as far as knocking loose his DH and scanner, that could easily have been chalked up to his regular battle with HeatSeeker. Is what it is though, I guess.

I am however, truly excited to see the Stunticons in action. Not sure why, but I have really resonated with them and even before Season 2 thought they would be good opponents for an Earth-based Autobot team. No huge interstellar plots, just good old King of the Road.

Soundwave spoke! While I, Like a lot of others, enjoyed his silent Prime run, lets be realistic, how else is he going to communicate when he's in another dimension? Gesture wildly? Shadow puppets? Long as he is not a chatterbox.

Fanfiction idea: What if, instead of Megatronus, it was Soundwave who orchestrated the crashing of the Alchemor on Earth? I've toyed with that thought for a long time, had they done that, they would have saved a season of "How is this a Sequel?"

I wonder how Soundwave gets loose from the Shadowzone?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 6

Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Episodes 1-7 Up at Cartoon Network On-Demand

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 01, 2017 9:45 am

Seibertronian Zeedust has been kind enough to notify us that Episodes 1-7 of the new Robots in Disguise: Combiner Force show are now on Cartoon Network: On-Demand! The On-Demand service requires you to have an account to watch the shows, and the service is region locked, being only available in the US. You can check out the videos HERE and let us know what you think of these new episodes in the comments section below!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobots Evac Squad HOT SPOT Transformers 2014 Voyager complete 230920A"
Protectobots Evac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON