This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:17 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Randomhero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, hey, it's that one guy from Prime who was just... kinda... there...

Yeah.

But the reveal is for Bulkhead not Smokescreen lol
No no, see, you're thinking of the guy with the personality who did everything cool like a boss. 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am

Kurona wrote:This should be fun. Some late-game cameos right before the end of the series. Maybe Bulkhead is part of Optimus' team? Maaaaybe?

... nah, that would require too much thought.

PRETTY.F#^*ING.MUCH.

I just watched the new episode with Soundwave and left with “that’s what we were working toward? That’s the same plot as when he first appeared in RID. Leaving the shadow zone and trying to send a message out to Megatron to return and then being defeated.”

This is the first transformer cartoon ever that I’ve just not cared about. First one I’ve also not picked up on disc. It’s on Netflix and I said “let’s go!”...I watched the first episode, the finale to season two and the starscream three parter and said “I’m good”
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, hey, it's that one guy from Prime who was just... kinda... there...

Yeah.

But the reveal is for Bulkhead not Smokescreen lol
No no, see, you're thinking of the guy with the personality who did everything cool like a boss. 8-)

You mean Bulkhead? I know he was great! He even had some good character centered episodes. It was just a shame he got partnered with animated bumblebee- ah I mean Miko
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Yay for Bulkhead! My favorite Prime bot and one of my favorites in general returns!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I actually saw this description over a week ago, didn't know it was newsworthy...Anyway..any cameo by a bot from Prime is welcome. maybe now Grimlock will always get the "Teamy" he wanted :lol: . I assume he'll be voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson?

Also it would be nice to finally get some sort of reference about how much time has passed between the end of Prime & RiD15
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:30 am

o.supreme wrote:Also it would be nice to finally get some sort of reference about how much time has passed between the end of Prime & RiD15
Three years seems to be the general consensus.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Ah, Bulkhead's back. Is this an incentive for me to catch up?

...Maybe after college. Smokescreen would've made me harder. >:oP
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

o.supreme wrote:I actually saw this description over a week ago, didn't know it was newsworthy...Anyway..any cameo by a bot from Prime is welcome. maybe now Grimlock will always get the "Teamy" he wanted :lol: . I assume he'll be voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson?

Also it would be nice to finally get some sort of reference about how much time has passed between the end of Prime & RiD15

Yeah I saw It last week too at tfwiki

3 years is not what I was expecting. If it’s three years why has Bee not bothered to contact Agent Fowler? They left on good terms, autobots and the human governments had an alliance. I’m pretty sure instead of living in a junkyard and now a cave they could have shown up, contacted Fowler or anyone for that matter, said they have an autobot ship that crashed and few dozen decepticons running around and could use the governments help to find and then secure them instead of constantly making prank calls to cities saying there’s a disaster coming and city should be evacuated.

Oh wait...this show is kind of bad...nevermind...

Three years also doesn’t seem like enough time to completely rebuild and repopulate cybertron. It’s been 6 since cybertron came alive again in IDW-G1 verse and they’ll all still kinda living get in garbage. But I guess that depends on who’s drawing that issue. In TAAO/Windblade it looks fine, in RID/TF/OP it looks like a shanty town.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

Randomhero wrote:3 years is not what I was expecting. If it’s three years why has Bee not bothered to contact Agent Fowler?
Bee said as much in episode 1 that this is his mission that he wants to do himself with just his team and as minimal human involvement as possible.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:3 years is not what I was expecting. If it’s three years why has Bee not bothered to contact Agent Fowler?
Bee said as much in episode 1 that this is his mission that he wants to do himself with just his team and as minimal human involvement as possible.

And that's the problem. There are lives at stake. Let your ego go but this RID where even in an episode about Soundwave finally returning and revealing his ultimate plan we still had to shoehorn a insignificant sub plot about Sideswipe breaking Danny's TV and reminding him he needs to be considerate of others. Side swipe gives Animated Bumblbee, Miko and Prime Arcee a run for their money on never hearning a lesson.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby bluecatcinema » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Now Arcee will be the only member of the original Team Prime yet to make an appearance in RID.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

bluecatcinema wrote:Now Arcee will be the only member of the original Team Prime yet to make an appearance in RID.

We still need bumblee from a Prime to appear
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Randomhero wrote:
bluecatcinema wrote:Now Arcee will be the only member of the original Team Prime yet to make an appearance in RID.

I'm assuming this is an attempt at a joke.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

If only...
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Oh joy one of the most boring Autobots ever returns...yay

Randomhero wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

If only...

Your saying that the mute, bland and characterless R2 knockoff from Prime is a better character then Rid Bumblebee who has a defined arc and personality?

What do you miss about him what does he even have like how?

Besides a couple of episodes Bumblebee wasn't a character hell the live action films made Bumblebee a character with his radio quirks and emotive body language.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Randomhero wrote:
And that's the problem. There are lives at stake. Let your ego go but this RID where even in an episode about Soundwave finally returning and revealing his ultimate plan we still had to shoehorn a insignificant sub plot about Sideswipe breaking Danny's TV and reminding him he needs to be considerate of others. Side swipe gives Animated Bumblbee, Miko and Prime Arcee a run for their money on never hearning a lesson.

Sideswipe learns plenty of lessons all the time because while each "lesson" can sometimes be similar Sideswipe has pretty much never needed to learn the same thing twice

I'm going to copy and paste something another guys said on another site.

"His focus episodes lessons were

1- Stop trying too hard to impress

2- Don't assume you're nothing without your physical prowess

3- The Thunderhoof episode tested if he was serious about being part of the team or not

4- Proved to Strongarm he wasn't just a two-bit vandal

5- Stopped counting Optimus as invalid just because of his age and weak body

6- Learned that jokes can have limits and proved to the minicons his teasing was just friend banter

7- Worked on his loneliness issues this season both with Blurr's presence looming over his position and the trauma at the base's take-down by Steeljaw and crew"
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Deadput wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Sideswipe learns plenty of lessons all the time because while each "lesson" can sometimes be similar Sideswipe has pretty much never needed to learn the same thing twice

I'm going to copy and paste something another guys said on another site.

"His focus episodes lessons were

1- Stop trying too hard to impress

2- Don't assume you're nothing without your physical prowess

3- The Thunderhoof episode tested if he was serious about being part of the team or not

4- Proved to Strongarm he wasn't just a two-bit vandal

5- Stopped counting Optimus as invalid just because of his age and weak body

6- Learned that jokes can have limits and proved to the minicons his teasing was just friend banter

7- Worked on his loneliness issues this season both with Blurr's presence looming over his position and the trauma at the base's take-down by Steeljaw and crew"

Yes he totally does learn a lesson and by the next episode he reverts back to old sideswipe and needs to be taught a new one.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders

Yeah.

Did you even watch Transformers: Prime?
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm

WreckerJack wrote:

Yeah.

He only ever had a personality when he was playing off Wheeljack or Fowler (such as in that episode you linked to). Every other time he was just "the big one".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Yeah.

He only ever had a personality when he was playing off Wheeljack or Fowler (such as in that episode you linked to). Every other time he was just "the big one".

He only existed to be the "Big green guy" part of the 5 man band (Hate that trope) which only consists of.

The Optimus (Which is Bee for rid)

The Bumblebee: (Which I guess is Sideswipe this time around in rid)

The Ratchet: (Which I would say is Fixit in Rid but he isn't grouchy)

The Token Chick: ( I would rather be multiple girls or none at all because it's always annoying to think is Arcee the only chick that exists?)

The big guy/big green guy/dumb guy: (Always the same dumb bruiser archetype)

My Perfect starting cast in a Transformers show would probably be a combination of Prime and Rid's so we can have more characters and more varied personalities and roles.

Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Arcee, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Sideswipe, Strongarm, Fixit, and Grimlock which is 10 Autobots sounds like a big enough cast without getting to cluttered and unable to give character development, Of course we would get more characters along the way either joining the main cast like Wheeljack or guest stars like Blastwave or Jazz.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm

WreckerJack wrote:

Yeah.

The whole "Maybe Bulkhead dies!" thing was handled stupidly in the show, first of all their not going to kill him because no good guys die anymore, there isn't enough Autobots in the cast at that point anyways.

And he isn't even out of the action for that long it was like what 2 episodes?

The Status quo can never be broken without being reset the next episode because nobody knows how to write in the show crew!
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Yeah.

Pretty much all characters play off each other so I don't think that really matters one bit. Characters need to interact to grow and tell a story. Bulkhead is one of the toughest, bravest and kindest bots in TFP. Maybe you don't notice that but trust me it's there. Bulkhead might not be the brightest or most flashy character but he's still great.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

WreckerJack wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Yeah.

Pretty much all characters play off each other so I don't think that really matters one bit. Characters need to interact to grow and tell a story. Bulkhead is one of the toughest, bravest and kindest bots in TFP. Maybe you don't notice that but trust me it's there. Bulkhead might not be the brightest or most flashy character but he's still great.

He's ok from the start but Bulkhead never grew and neither did most characters, the only thing I saw change was that Bulkhead liked Smokescreen a bit more after that one episode that brought up the whole "Smokescreen is replacing me" thing that existed for one episode.

Bulkhead was only just there and any possible character development was forgotten about, remember Breakdown and how important his rivalry with Bulkhead was?...wait it wasn't that plot thread was dropped even before Breakdown was dropped out of the show because?
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Deadput wrote:
He's ok from the start but Bulkhead never grew and neither did most characters, the only thing I saw change was that Bulkhead liked Smokescreen a bit more after that one episode that brought up the whole "Smokescreen is replacing me" thing that existed for one episode.

Bulkhead was only just there and any possible character development was forgotten about, remember Breakdown and how important his rivalry with Bulkhead was?...wait it wasn't that plot thread was dropped even before Breakdown was dropped out of the show because?

I will admit that he didn't develop as much as he should have due to TFP ending abruptly. Season 3 was rather rushed because the show was cancelled. Prime was a very expensive show and due to some issues with that cost plus things like the hub not making money to cover that cost did throw a bit of a monkey wrench in things.

I agree that there should have been more story with him and his rivalry with Breakdown. I do know that the voice actor for Breakdown had several other projects going on so they wrote Breakdown out of the show.

Now I know Bulkhead, like any other character has their flaws. But saying he was just kinda there is a really unfair assessment. I'm not asking anyone to like him, but to appreciate what moments he does bring to the show. He's a very friendly character who is also very tough which is a positive message especially because he's pretty humble about it. He's also good for some laughs and epic fights. That being said he adds more to the show than he takes away.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Zeedust » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon

Assuming you don't count Cliffjumper. Mind you, being dead is a good reason not to count him.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON