This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby RhA » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Slashercon wrote:
5. More often then not, I find the high school "social circle" stereotype to be the nerds wanting to BE the most popular guy.

My two cents.

Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Bleak5170 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:16 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
VirusCarnage wrote:I personally think that people hate the TF movies because it's 'cool' to hate them and because critics like to crap on Michael Bay.

On a more positive not AoE is #1 on the 2014 Box Office charts!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/cha ... 014&p=.htm

That's exactly what it is. Especially with AOE. It fixed everything that everyone complained about with the first 3, and they still love to attack it. All they ever say is that it's "long and loud." And the people who have tried to explain why the movie was "dumb" or "stupid," I've been able to disprove them. None of them ever said a word back to me about it. Even a professional.

It was too long.

The Lord of the Rings movies are just as long, if not longer, and they're some of the most highly praised movies of all time. Gone with the Wind is even longer. Why do the critics suddenly have a problem with a movie being too long?

Because a really long movie is even more unbearable when it's not very good to begin with. The other movies you mentioned were all awesome and would have been whether they were 90 minutes or three hours.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I thought that the length of the movie being good or bad depended on the content. If it had been a pure TF story (for example, my dream of a straight adaptation of the Marvel Comics) I could have sat for 5-6 hours and watched it. But as the Bay movies are, I think there is simply too much human stuff in it, whether it be Sam's family, Cade's family, or the military. If those elements were reduced (and in AoE the military aspect was, thankfully), they could either tighten up the run time a bit or replace human time with TF time. That would only improve the movies. Don't get me wrong, I like the entire series so far, I'm not bashing it. I do have my favorite and my least favorite, but I'd still rather see them on screen than not. As for the cash they're raking in, I hope it burns all the bashers' and critics asses how successful the franchise is so far. I know Bay is laughing all the way to the bank. And why shouldn't he? Regardless of the quality of the films meeting fans' expectations or not, it's making money, and in the end that's what matters in Hollywood.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Clunker wrote:There was a shot near the beginning where it was the dad talking to his daughter and all you saw was the daughters in short shorts and her tanned legs, it was like trying to redo the whole megan fox scene where she's leaning over bumblebee's engine all over again.

At least it was a bit relevant to the story, this time.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:34 am

It's a sad day for movies.

I'm sorry, but Bay's films are terrible and appeal to the lowest common denominator.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
cruizerdave wrote:It's a sad day for movies.

I'm sorry, but Bay's films are terrible and appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Yes, that's why it's the highest grossing movie of the year. People always say the movies "appeal to the lowest common denominator." What does that even mean? It sounds like some tagline everyone who doesn't like these movies, who have no imagination whatsoever, spout to put down those who do like them. Who are the highest common denominators? People who don't like the movies? What have you contributed to the world?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 am

VirusCarnage wrote:I personally think that people hate the TF movies because it's 'cool' to hate them and because critics like to crap on Michael Bay.

Then you personally have no idea what you're talking about.

I prefer my movies without plot points that include robot piss, dogs humping, weird racists robots, racist depictions of most black characters on screen, gay sex in bathroom stall jokes, humans that all act like they are cocaine all the time, and endless amounts of irrelevant plot threads and characters who have no bearing on the story.

These movies go beyond dumb. They are assaultively stupid. It's terrible news for people who like good movies that these continue to be successful. Of course in a world where people can't get enough of Kim and Kanye, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that people pay for this garbage.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 am

SlyTF1 wrote:

1. What does that even mean?
2. Who are the highest common denominators? People who don't like the movies?
3. What have you contributed to the world?

1. It means these movies are designed for idiots. It doesn't matter that the plots are nonsense, the robots aren't characters and the most of the humans are, for the most part, terrible characters. It doesn't matter because, look pretty ’plosions, special effects, over-saturated colors and hot girls!

2. People who forgo seeing Bayformers and go see the latest X-men again. I'm no movie snob, but I've had a distain for Bay since Armageddon.

3. Really? I post an opinion about a series of movies that opinions range from "cinematic excrement" on the low end to "it's just a dumb action movie, what do you expect?" on the high end, and you're calling me out to justify my existence? What am I supposed to do, give you a list of my charitable donations and hours spent volunteering in my community? Because I could do that if that's what you want.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby RhA » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am

cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

1. It means these movies are designed for idiots. It doesn't matter that the plots are nonsense, the robots aren't characters and the most of the humans are, for the most part, terrible characters. It doesn't matter because, look pretty ’plosions, special effects, over-saturated colors and hot girls!

2. People who forgo seeing Bayformers and go see the latest X-men again. I'm no movie snob, but I've had a distain for Bay since Armageddon.

3. Really? I post an opinion about a series of movies that opinions range from "cinematic excrement" on the low end to "it's just a dumb action movie, what do you expect?" on the high end, and you're calling me out to justify my existence? What am I supposed to do, give you a list of my charitable donations and hours spent volunteering in my community? Because I could do that if that's what you want.

Well, you certainly did not get any more nice from watching all those high-end movies.

Would you care for a hug?
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 am

cruizerdave wrote:

I prefer my movies without plot points that include robot piss, dogs humping, weird racists robots, racist depictions of most black characters on screen, gay sex in bathroom stall jokes, humans that all act like they are cocaine all the time, and endless amounts of irrelevant plot threads and characters who have no bearing on the story.

These movies go beyond dumb. They are assaultively stupid. It's terrible news for people who like good movies that these continue to be successful. Of course in a world where people can't get enough of Kim and Kanye, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that people pay for this garbage.

Good news; AOE has absolutely none of that. But I guess you'll still find a way to complain about it.

cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

In my experience, it's the idiots who don't like the movies. They just hop onto the bandwagon mentality and don't know how to think for themselves. And they aren't "dumb action movies." The people who say that are the idiots I mentioned before.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Clunker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:18 am

Motto: ""Can't teach old bots new tricks""
Weapon: Kinetic Energy Friction Rifle
I think it has the proportions all off, that's the major problem I think.

If I was to compare it to Pacific Rim which is my go to film that delivers action with a bit of substance on the side then it would be something like this.

With Pacific Rim you get a general outline of the story, monsters are coming through a rift, men have made giant piloted robots to beat them and two pilots, a rookie and veteran with sad pasts come together to beat them down. There's a lot of robot on monster action with the context of the pilots relationship taking a back seat for the time being.

With Transformers you have these intelligent senitent robots that have come to earth and cause a lot of trouble as they are split in two by warring factions and the humans are caught up in the middle of this, but it's not about the transformers beating each other to a pulp it's about the humans trying to get a one up on both of the transformer factions and in the process just messing everything up, pushing the two warring factions to the sideline as two "human factions" i.e the hero (Cade) and the villain (Fraiser) fight to do what they believe is right for humanity.

However there is a third faction which is neither autobot or decepticon but who has allied with the "evil" human faction who in the end splits in two when part of it realized the poop storm they've created. Due to the this the decepticons briefly get the upper hand and return, only for the autobots to introduce a fourth faction in the form of the dinobots.

So in total you have 6 elements in the film competing for screen time. Previous to this film you only have 3 to 4 but even then it still suffered by the common denominator - There's to much time given to the humans and not enough in developing the other factions.

The autobots have new transformers you've not been introduced to before and are drastic to the point they get by by their stereotypes (cunning samurai robot, gun loving drill sergeant bots, all for himself desperado bot)They have very little dialogue and the dialogue they do have is rather unremarkable, I mean did anyone else find it odd they fell into in fighting as soon as Optimus turned up, shouldn't of that solidified them?

Then there's the decepitcons which are actually absent for the majority of the film and when they do arrive have like 2 random lines, less than in the first film which had barely any either and in general have a new transforming style but apparently still die as simply as the previous films decepticons.

Then there's the bounty hunter faction who was pretty cool and had some decent lines and interaction with the evil humans but for all intent and purposes was limited to just one transformer whilst the others were lackies.

Then there's Wahlberg and his family who takes up the majority of the screen time with all sort of things like wanting to create robots himself, to being an over protective father, to having to deal with a co-worker and having their house repossessed and fighting off an estate agent. To then having to deal with finding out his daughter is not so innocent and has an older boyfriend who hides behind some legal defence that goes by the name of the Romeo and Juliet defence..then his daughter gets caught up in the action and they have to rescue her and on and on and on.

Finally there's the evil corporation faction headed by a not so bad guy, just misguided and an evil mastermind fraiser with a hired thug who goes head to head with Wahlberg and his family all because they think they know best.

...Oh and I forgot, you also have the dinobots who show up at the end, get hit in the face by Optimus to make them do as they are told and then go on a rampage.

Compare all that to Pacific Rim, you have humans and their jaegers, you have kaiju and you have government intervention who thinks they know best, but for the most part you have at least half of the film having the jaegers actually fighting the kaiju.

Where as in Transformers you have over half the film with the humans front stage (what was with the chinese government bit, it was so out of place) and then you have the transformers either sitting around whilst the humans chat or you have them fighting with a tiny bit of dialogue from them between the two and whilst the humans are on screen, they're fighting in the background somewhere, and you have to imagine the majority of the stuff that's going on.

Pacific Rim delivers on the entertainment front, you want robots fighting monsters, it does exactly that with some context. You want Transformers fighting Transformers? it kind of does that but only for about a quarter of the film as it struggles to give you an adequate story line which becomes to convoluted with so many things going on. It's the same thing I kind of thought for the new Godzilla after I'd seen that, but more so.

If this film had been just about Lockdown coming to Earth to capture or kill the transformers and Optimus ends up finding the dinobots with the help of that archaeologist at the start it would of been perfect, but no it added evil humans and family problems and a dodgy resurrection of Megatron, who could of been reintroduced as the key feature of the next film.
Last edited by Clunker on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
Clunker
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:18 am

RhA wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Well, you certainly did not get any more nice from watching all those high-end movies.

Ha, ha! Yes, thank you for the hug.

No, it just drives me nuts when people say things like, "you only hate those movies because it's cool."

Hey, if you like these things, fine. That’s your deal. But when someone says my opinion is based on trying to be cool, that’s ridiculous.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby RhA » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 am

cruizerdave wrote:
RhA wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

No, it just drives me nuts when people say things like, "you only hate those movies because it's cool."

Hey, if you like these things, fine. That’s your deal. But when someone says my opinion is based on trying to be cool, that’s ridiculous.

I agree. And don't let Sly's comments get to you. He loves the movies, but has been feeling the need to defend them a little too long.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 am

SlyTF1 wrote:1. Good news; AOE has absolutely none of that. But I guess you'll still find a way to complain about it.

2. In my experience, it's the idiots who don't like the movies. They just hop onto the bandwagon mentality and don't know how to think for themselves. And they aren't "dumb action movies." The people who say that are the idiots I mentioned before.

1. I was fooled into watching the third one based on the same claims. So I got gay sex in the bathroom stall gag instead.
Sorry, fool me once, shame on you, fool me three times, shame on me. I'm not falling for it this time.
2. Oh, I hated these movies long before it was cool. I was posting criticisms of them when I got my hands on a leaked copy of the first one's script months before it was released. People assured me that they "fixed all that" during shooting. Yet Bumblepee was still there.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am

cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:1. Good news; AOE has absolutely none of that. But I guess you'll still find a way to complain about it.

2. In my experience, it's the idiots who don't like the movies. They just hop onto the bandwagon mentality and don't know how to think for themselves. And they aren't "dumb action movies." The people who say that are the idiots I mentioned before.

1. I was fooled into watching the third one based on the same claims. So I got gay sex in the bathroom stall gag instead.
Sorry, fool me once, shame on you, fool me three times, shame on me. I'm not falling for it this time.
2. Oh, I hated these movies long before it was cool. I was posting criticisms of them when I got my hands on a leaked copy of the first one's script months before it was released. People assured me that they "fixed all that" during shooting. Yet Bumblepee was still there.

I'm not trying to fool you. Just stating facts. I don't care if you believe me or not.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Transformers: Age of Extinction RealD 3D Featurette

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
UK based cinema chain company Vue Cinemas have posted a brief featurette including producers from the Transformers: Age of Extinction movie talking about the RealD 3D technology used in the Michael Bay film, from Lorenzo DiBonaventura to Mark Vahradian to Ian Bryce. Check it out embedded below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dagon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:30 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
cruizerdave wrote:

I think it usually results when people just cannot handle the idea that you don't like something that they like. It's kind of the last childish resort to argument. I agree with the 'if you like things, fine' argument all day though.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 am

I guess it would be better if we were all to preface everything we said with an "in my opinion ..." but I figured that since this is the Internet, that's a given. So when I say, "these movies are terrible" I'm not saying they are objectively terrible, just in my opinion they are terrible. But don't say that it's not my opinion or imply that it's impossible to honestly not like these movies, because it is. Especially in a summer with X-Men DOFP, Captain America The Winter Soldier and the new Apes flick.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 am

cruizerdave wrote:I guess it would be better if we were all to preface everything we said with an "in my opinion ..." but I figured that since this is the Internet, that's a given. So when I say, "these movies are terrible" I'm not saying they are objectively terrible, just in my opinion they are terrible. But don't say that it's not my opinion or imply that it's impossible to honestly not like these movies, because it is. Especially in a summer with X-Men DOFP, Captain America The Winter Soldier and the new Apes flick.

DOFP was stupid. All it did was reset the entire universe, and as soon as I heard that the movie had to do with time travel, I knew it would do exactly what it did. So, there was no surprise there. The entire movie was a cheap ass "reset" button.

Captain America was awesome, but it didn't have giant alien robots with personalities, whereas AOE did, which makes AOE better.

Haven't seen the Planet of the Apes movie, but I doubt that has giant alien robots, too.

You haven't even seen AOE, so why are you comparing it to all these other movies?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby dragons » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:54 am

cruizerdave wrote:

Possibly a lot of people who like these don't over analyze them like everyone else does with plots, acting and all other crap those people let critics judge on plot who get paid to judge movies but for people who like these movies are fan of series or don't judge everyyyy little detail in movie and go see movie what they are meant to made for entertainment pourpuse use watch movie for action, adventure, excitement, scared, laughter. When was last time have most of you memebers saw movie for entertainment use and did not over anayalize every little aspect of a film watched it out of pure enjoyment to be scared, laughed, see great fights that is why people like them with bonus what other city's country's look like outside of the U.S.?

What I like with movies about my family sister, cousin, father they don't talk about acting sucks characters are bland they need be outgoing, plot holes all that other nonsense crap like to I movies with family for this they stuff as that was good movie action was good funny think they be sequel I liked ending they don't over anayalize act like paid critics If I knew someone who acts like paid critic after seeing movie give there opinion I won't go see it with them any more they fun out of movies which is entertainment, same with comics, music, anything
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm

dragons wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:

Possibly a lot of people who like these don't over analyze them like everyone else does with plots, acting and all other crap those people let critics judge on plot who get paid to judge movies but for people who like these movies are fan of series or don't judge everyyyy little detail in movie and go see movie what they are meant to made for entertainment pourpuse use watch movie for action, adventure, excitement, scared, laughter. When was last time have most of you memebers saw movie for entertainment use and did not over anayalize every little aspect of a film watched it out of pure enjoyment to be scared, laughed, see great fights that is why people like them with bonus what other city's country's look like outside of the U.S.?

What I like with movies about my family sister, cousin, father they don't talk about acting sucks characters are bland they need be outgoing, plot holes all that other nonsense crap like to I movies with family for this they stuff as that was good movie action was good funny think they be sequel I liked ending they don't over anayalize act like paid critics If I knew someone who acts like paid critic after seeing movie give there opinion I won't go see it with them any more they fun out of movies which is entertainment, same with comics, music, anything

I over analyze the hell out of these movies. And I enjoy them best when I do.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ya know people complain about the length but for what a movie ticket costs nowadays I expect a long film, two news reels, and a couple cartoons.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:11 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Ya know people complain about the length but for what a movie ticket costs nowadays I expect a long film, two news reels, and a couple cartoons.

Exactly. I get pissed when I go see a movie and it's anything less than 2 hours and 30 minutes. It feels to me, like the movie was of no significance if its any shorter. Like it was just something to waste time and money.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

dragons wrote:
1. plots, acting and all other crap
2. action, adventure, excitement, scared, laughter. When was last time have most of you memebers saw movie for entertainment use and did not over anayalize every little aspect of a film watched it out of pure enjoyment to be scared, laughed, see great fights that is why people like them with bonus what other city's country's look like outside of the U.S.?

3. What I like with movies about my family sister, cousin, father they don't talk about acting sucks characters are bland they need be outgoing, plot holes all that other nonsense crap

4. l that was good movie action was good funny think they be sequel I liked ending they don't over anayalize act like paid critics If I knew someone who acts like paid critic after seeing movie give there opinion I won't go see it with them any more they fun out of movies which is entertainment, same with comics, music, anything

1. So story, acting and all that other crap are unimportant. Good to know. Therefore the Star Wars prequels are incredible films by your judgement. Good to know.

2. Inception would fall apart if you "over-analysed" it. However, it was so much more intelligent than any Bayformers, it doesn't invite that level of criticism. Also, China's tourism division is suing the makers of this latest Transformers movie because it does an extremely terrible job in portraying what China looks like to the outside world.

3. These movies are not family movies. They are full of crude humor and dialogue. I don't let my kids watch them because they are so crude they skirt the PG-13 rating.

4. Punctuation is your friend. Perhaps if you learned how to competently use the English language, you'd understand why people feel the dialog in Bayformers is bad.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail

This ^ is absolutely unnecessary and what started this whole mess.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... enominator

Read 1, especially 2 and then 3. Which you admit to in the following post here:

cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

You have no right to call the audience a bunch of idiots with no class. A lot of people who happen to like the movies are members of this board and you just stated something that was not only offensive, but a blanket statement. It's not only rude, it IS against the rules. You don't like the movies? That's fine. Critique them directly, do not drag people into it. You know better than to do something like this.

cruizerdave wrote:

And then there's this. You have no right to tell a person how or what to think. You are not to speak for them, either. If you want to ingratiate yourself with the people around here, you're not off to a good start. There's no need to be so new here and be so rude. You can get your point across without being offensive, so knock it off right now.

SlyTF1 wrote:

Yes, that's why it's the highest grossing movie of the year. People always say the movies "appeal to the lowest common denominator." What does that even mean? It sounds like some tagline everyone who doesn't like these movies, who have no imagination whatsoever, spout to put down those who do like them. Who are the highest common denominators? People who don't like the movies? What have you contributed to the world?

Sly, stop feeding into things like this. It's not worth it and you could end up in trouble for stoking the fire. Sometimes it's better to just take a breather, ignore the person and move onto other aspects of the thread. Pretend he doesn't exist, or something. You have that capability.

SlyTF1 wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:

Good news; AOE has absolutely none of that. But I guess you'll still find a way to complain about it.

cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

In my experience, it's the idiots who don't like the movies. They just hop onto the bandwagon mentality and don't know how to think for themselves. And they aren't "dumb action movies." The people who say that are the idiots I mentioned before.

Sly! I don't want to see a post like this again. I realize cruizerdave started this, but there's no need for you to try and finish it. You should just leave well enough alone! You're no better when you say things like "it's the idiots who don't like the movies." you cannot say stuff like that! It's offensive and it's not true. Plenty of people do not like this and other movies and doesn't diminish their mental capacity in any way. Again, please don't feed into this.

cruizerdave wrote:
RhA wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

No, it apparently isn't, at least to you. You started this by attacking people for liking these films (and yes you did). Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Ever hear the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? You could've given your opinion of the film without saying a word about the people. You chose to do it, you chose to be problematic. That drives ME nuts. Don't do it again.

cruizerdave wrote:

You are more than welcome to hate the films and post criticisms of them. You are not allowed to call people idiots because their opinion differs from your's. You cannot personally attack people because they like something you don't. You're better than this, so don't do it any more. I won't try and sell you on the 4th film, your mind is already set, and that's fine, but I have to ask: If you haven't seen the film, why are you posting in this thread? You're welcome to, but I don't understand it.

If you had just wanted to post a negative review of the films as whole, that would've been fine. Why, oh why, did you have to cross the line and go after the people as well? (I'm not really looking for an answer, I already know, it's more of a rhetorical question than anything.)

SlyTF1 wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:

I'm not trying to fool you. Just stating facts. I don't care if you believe me or not.

But you do care, Sly, otherwise you wouldn't have kept this going. STOP. IT.

Dagon wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:

I think it usually results when people just cannot handle the idea that you don't like something that they like. It's kind of the last childish resort to argument. I agree with the 'if you like things, fine' argument all day though.

Plenty of people can handle someone not liking what they like. They can't handle being called the lowest common denominator (aka classless idiots), especially when it's not true. There was no need for it, there was no rhyme or reason for it. That kind of behavior is not welcome here.

cruizerdave wrote:I guess it would be better if we were all to preface everything we said with an "in my opinion ..." but I figured that since this is the Internet, that's a given. So when I say, "these movies are terrible" I'm not saying they are objectively terrible, just in my opinion they are terrible. But don't say that it's not my opinion or imply that it's impossible to honestly not like these movies, because it is. Especially in a summer with X-Men DOFP, Captain America The Winter Soldier and the new Apes flick.

No, prefacing it with "in my opinion" would not have made it better. You still would've been offensive to people with your comments. You can say "these movies are terrible" and LEAVE IT AT THAT. You do not have to add things that offend people.

So, let me make it clear now that I've addressed all of the offending posts (and some that weren't offending, but pertained to the discussion at hand), cruizerdave: Do not willfully offend people "just because" again. You're more than welcome to voice your opinion, negative, positive or in between, but do it about a movie, a toy, whatever inanimate object you wish, just not people. It's not necessary, it's not polite, it's not welcome.

Sly: You know better than this, you've been told before in the past. You get too riled up over these movies and it brings out the worst in you. It's just some movies, it's not worth it. I understand why you were upset, I really do, but your responses were no better.

With that all said, any questions, bring them to PM. This part of the discussion is over and dead, now. No more derailing the thread with stuff like this, I mean it! From this point on, the conversation is going in another direction.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON