This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Slashercon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Saw it for the fifth time, yesterday. I actually kind of felt its length, this time. I'm still glad it's almost 3 hours long, though. I now, however can see how some people might have gotten confused by all that was going on. But, that's still no excuse to stop paying attention.
You also have to consider that you are Transformers savvy. You're used to this kind of TF stuff having been accustomed to it by external fiction and are more familiar with it as a more-than-casual fan. Ordinary non-fan moviegoers and critics, however, aren't as well versed in all this as we are, so it's not that surprising for any of them to get confused by or lost in all the stuff going on in this movie, and there is, without question, a LOT that goes on in this movie.

An example of something from one of the previous films that we TF fans are familiar with and have come to accept, but that non-fans aren't familiar with and weren't so accepting toward, was the scene from ROTF that many non-fans have dubbed "the Robot Heaven scene" in ROTF. Since we fans have had the concept of a Transformers afterlife introduced to us prior to these films, beginning with the Beast Machines cartoon in 2000, we were more familiar with it and could accept that scene better since we could recognize what was going on. But to everyone else, it was something that had no lead up, no explanation, no rationality for why the very idea of it even exists presented to them by the movie, and thus was met with far less-than-friendly reception. After all, to the average non-fan, who would ever even consider that these inhuman robots would have their own equivalent of Heaven? The very idea would easily be viewed as nonsense to those who aren't into the greater lore like us fans, and who instead only see the TFs as fully secular alien robots with no cosmology.

Simple put, we fans who are Transformers savvy can and tend to follow the content of these films better than the less experienced non-fans. And if non-fans are having as much difficulty at keeping up with and understanding the content of these films as there seem to be, including those who do pay full attention when watching the films, then the fault would lie with the films for not being as understandable as they ought to be for the casual non-fan audiences, since it is the non-fan masses that these films are trying to appeal to.

A completely reasonable response. Remember everyone...consider what everyone else may view depending on multiple variables and don't be so quick to judge others based on their opinions.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Slashercon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Saw it for the fifth time, yesterday. I actually kind of felt its length, this time. I'm still glad it's almost 3 hours long, though. I now, however can see how some people might have gotten confused by all that was going on. But, that's still no excuse to stop paying attention.
You also have to consider that you are Transformers savvy. You're used to this kind of TF stuff having been accustomed to it by external fiction and are more familiar with it as a more-than-casual fan. Ordinary non-fan moviegoers and critics, however, aren't as well versed in all this as we are, so it's not that surprising for any of them to get confused by or lost in all the stuff going on in this movie, and there is, without question, a LOT that goes on in this movie.

An example of something from one of the previous films that we TF fans are familiar with and have come to accept, but that non-fans aren't familiar with and weren't so accepting toward, was the scene from ROTF that many non-fans have dubbed "the Robot Heaven scene" in ROTF. Since we fans have had the concept of a Transformers afterlife introduced to us prior to these films, beginning with the Beast Machines cartoon in 2000, we were more familiar with it and could accept that scene better since we could recognize what was going on. But to everyone else, it was something that had no lead up, no explanation, no rationality for why the very idea of it even exists presented to them by the movie, and thus was met with far less-than-friendly reception. After all, to the average non-fan, who would ever even consider that these inhuman robots would have their own equivalent of Heaven? The very idea would easily be viewed as nonsense to those who aren't into the greater lore like us fans, and who instead only see the TFs as fully secular alien robots with no cosmology.

Simple put, we fans who are Transformers savvy can and tend to follow the content of these films better than the less experienced non-fans. And if non-fans are having as much difficulty at keeping up with and understanding the content of these films as there seem to be, including those who do pay full attention when watching the films, then the fault would lie with the films for not being as understandable as they ought to be for the casual non-fan audiences, since it is the non-fan masses that these films are trying to appeal to.

A completely reasonable response. Remember everyone...consider what everyone else may view depending on multiple variables and don't be so quick to judge others based on their opinions.

Well, they should take the time to research.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:Well, they should take the time to research.
No they shouldn't. No movie should ever require a person to do research to prepare for watching it. That would be ridiculous. It's a movie, a leisure activity, not a test.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:

Well said, Sabr.

Sometimes us fans know far more about the TF universe than we assume non-fans would know.

Also, no one is--nor should they be--obliged to read up on TF lore in order to enjoy a TF movie. The responsibility falls on the writer(s) to introduce the viewer to the fictional world of Transformers, and not leave it to him/her to read up on the subject matter.

The same applies to all works of fiction, obviously. The Wolverine had this same problem where the director and/or writer expected the viewer to know who Jean Gray was, and the significance she played in Logan's life. Those who were too young when the first X-Men movies were shown would have no clue what was happening.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Sub-Prime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 pm

One thing I found annoying was the volume level in the movies was kind of low and hard to understand some things that was being said. The Blu-Ray version of this movie will be way better as I don't have to deal with noisy adults and kids while watching it.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Did anyone else notice how after Drift threw his sword, it was gone for the rest of the movie? I liked that. It reminded me of how Ironhide dropped his guns in ROTF and they were gone for the rest of the movie and in DOTM.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:Did anyone else notice how after Drift threw his sword, it was gone for the rest of the movie? I liked that. It reminded me of how Ironhide dropped his guns in ROTF and they were gone for the rest of the movie and in DOTM.
To be fair, it probably would have cost a bit more to put the swords back onto him without him doing so himself first, so the less there is to animate on the CG model, the better financial-wise. ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby skidflap » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Motto: ""Don't look at me; nothing on this planet makes sense. Hot dog, but it's not a pet!""
Weapon: Railgun
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Did anyone else notice how after Drift threw his sword, it was gone for the rest of the movie? I liked that. It reminded me of how Ironhide dropped his guns in ROTF and they were gone for the rest of the movie and in DOTM.
To be fair, it probably would have cost a bit more to put the swords back onto him without him doing so himself first, so the less there is to animate on the CG model, the better financial-wise. ;)

Plus it shows that they lost weapons. If you look at hound in the end he is devoid of weapons, given that he used them all during what I dubbed the "goodman rampage" :michaelbay:
"The Lord created the fart and added a smell so the deaf could enjoy" - Redd Foxx.
skidflap
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby chivesbot20 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 am

Did anyone else notice that this was the first final battle were Bumblebee takes part in attacking the main villain besides prime? I thought that was pretty cool.
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby chivesbot20 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 am

Did anyone else notice that this was the first final battle were Bumblebee takes part in attacking the main villain besides prime? I thought that was pretty cool.
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 am

Bumblebee attacked Sentinel Prime in the beginning part of the ending fight in DOTM along with sideswipe and ratchet.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Age Of Extinction Is The First Film To Cross The Billion Dollar Mark In 2014

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Age Of Extinction is now the first 2014 film to cross the billion dollar line, and in 5 weeks! We've reported on it's meteoric rise through the box office, here and here but now that's all been far surpassed by today's news, courtesy of trade publication Variety.

The Michael Bay film is the second picture in the giant robots franchise to hit those lofty heights, after 2009’s “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.” The latest “Transformers” was propelled by a record-breaking reception in China, where the film has earned north of $300 million, a new high-water mark for the world’s second-largest movie market. Its cumulative total includes $763.8 million internationally and $241.2 million at the domestic box office.

You can read the full article here, at Variety.

Congratulations to the cast and crew for their incredible success!

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
And this is a surprise?
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:And this is a surprise?

Perhaps not, but it is news.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby noctorro » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Not a surprise, still cool.
I watched it 3 times in cinemas, very excited and great movie.

Loved the characters, Lockdown was a boss.
Didn't notice the loss of weapons.
Did notice that Lockdown is smaller than Prime, which rarely happens in movies where the villain is smaller than the hero. After Prime's sword-upgrade thing, I think he was stronger than Lockdown.

Also noticable, normally, also in the cartoons, Optimus fights Megatron.
In very rare occasions does a hero's ally fight the main villain.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby TheVenocWarlord » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Uhhh, didn't DotM come out in 2011?
TheVenocWarlord
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:08 pm

TheVenocWarlord wrote:Uhhh, didn't DotM come out in 2011?
Yeah, ROTF came out in 2009.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SpaceSkull » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Motto: "I put the "CUSS" in customer service!"
Me and the family must have put it over the mark when we saw it on Thursday. At an AMC theater in 3D. Place could easily seat 300-400 big. We were the only 3 in there. Had the entire place to ourselves. It was awesome. :BOT:

Movie was dumb but to see it in my own personal movie theater. Awesome.
SpaceSkull
Micromaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Actually it was the foreign market that helped it out big time!
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby dragons » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:15 pm

saw it three times in two d maybe if im in mood to have two pairs of glasses on my face I will see it in 3d
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Can't wait for the BluRay. This is my second favorite Transformer film(Transformers being the best of the four). This was the first,however,that I went to the movie theater to see.I bought the others on DVD as they were released and then watched them. I'll be going back to the theater for part 5. :BOT: :michaelbay: :CON:
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Postby TulioDude » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Congratulations to the movie team and everyone involved!They really earned it! :APPLAUSE:
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Darkman20xx » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:15 pm

I wonder if the next installment will be even more geared to overseas markets now. Under $300 million domestic when numerous people here have mentioned seeing the movie more than once. Would be a good time for Nightbird to enter wouldn't it? :lol:
Darkman20xx
Minibot

Postby chivesbot20 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:14 am

I think a battle should take place in Europe, like the small villages,Rome,Somehwere in even Germany. But i have a common thought like a majority that Galvatron is going to be the only main villain on Earth for tf5. But IMO Lorenzo d Boneventuro is really annoying me with his interviews lately. The leader of the autobots goes into space to find his Creators but he says it will mainly ale place on Earth. Also in his opinion no Unicron? We should all just come together and think of a plot idea continuing from AOE
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby noctorro » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:38 am

Offtopic:
As of July 31, 2014, based on 169 reviews collected by the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Age of Extinction has received an overall rating average of 17%

Sharknado received positive reviews. It currently has an 82% "fresh" score at Rotten Tomatoes.

That's why I have so little respect for movie reviewers.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 NOV230034 116B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221742 3B (CA) Jennex"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230246 5D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr G 1:50 Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220389 3G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231613 2A (CA) Lattie"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230474 1B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #21 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210471 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #21 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr G 1:100 IDW Comics MAY231444 1G (CA) Albuquerque"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230279 3B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230475 1C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 APR231615 2C (CA) Dutreix"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #2 Cvr K Dynamite Comics 2K GPK (CA) Lago"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 SEP221740 1RI (CA) Deodato"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr B IDW Comics JAN231645 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON