This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Blast Cannon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
You lot don't even deserve to know that the banter bus exists. Cretins.

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
Blast Cannon
Headmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby chivesbot20 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 am

Sabrblade when are you doing your review?
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
chivesbot20 wrote:Sabrblade when are you doing your review?
As soon as I can get the time to type it up. I had the time last night, but my laptop had Internet issues that forced me to use other computers for limited periods that gave me no chance to type it up.

Tonight's no good since I work a long afternoon-to-late evening shift, so hopefully tomorrow will give me the time to at least start typing it, so long as:
  • some big news (like the recent reveal of Masterpiece Exhaust) doesn't steal my attention for the whole day,
  • I feel awake enough and not too fatigued tomorrow to work on it,
  • I'm not slammed with doing homework the whole day,
  • no other distractions in real life come up unexpectedly.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby chivesbot20 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Sounds good to me. Who else thought that the scene with Slug jumping and hitting one of Lockdowns henchman's battle ship than nawing on the cannon he bit off when Optimus tells the humans to get the bomb out of the city was cool besides me? :???:
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
chivesbot20 wrote:Sounds good to me. Who else thought that the scene with Slug jumping and hitting one of Lockdowns henchman's battle ship than nawing on the cannon he bit off when Optimus tells the humans to get the bomb out of the city was cool besides me? :???:

I thought it was badass.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby chivesbot20 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm

He's got hops
chivesbot20
Fuzor

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
chivesbot20 wrote:Sounds good to me. Who else thought that the scene with Slug jumping and hitting one of Lockdowns henchman's battle ship than nawing on the cannon he bit off when Optimus tells the humans to get the bomb out of the city was cool besides me? :???:

Slug is my wife's favorite Dinobot.
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Postby TulioDude » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Does anyone else liked the soundtrack of the movie as I did?I though it was pretty good.

Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
TulioDude wrote:Does anyone else liked the soundtrack of the movie as I did?I though it was pretty good.

It's the greatest soundtrack of all time. Drive Backwards with the volume at 100% is the most badass thing ever. But, Tessa and Decision are probably my favorites. Along with Dinobot Charge.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby TulioDude » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:58 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I know,right?Here are some moments were the music really stood out for me:

*Lockdown theme whenever he was near had an mysterious vibe that suited him well.

*The Autobots Reunion music seemed really strong for me.

*The Dinobots release was really cool as well,using parts from "Arrival to Earth" aided its coolness.

*Imagine Dragons-Battle Cry was well used in the movie.

One thing that I really liked the film gave us,that I been wanting since the 2007 one,is more interaction of Autobots and humans outside of action scenes.Seeing they talk,question and even banter with each other was really good.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray and Digital HD Pre-Orders, Release on 16th/30th September

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Paramount Pictures' latest communication confirms the official home release date for Transformers: Age of Extinction may be September 30th, but you can also pre-order the Digital HD and Blu-Ray 3D versions for the September 16th! Check out the image below, and make sure to take a look at all the various retailer exclusives here.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby MenaceRX » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:29 pm

The 4 disc version on Amazon for Blu-Ray includes the IMAX version of the film as well. IMAX 3D.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Age- ... 8&sr=&qid=

MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby BERSEKAEL » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:08 am

nice, but I find better the one with 3" tall figures I have pre ordered (can't wait for January 2015 :-( )
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby MenaceRX » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:09 am

If I had a 3D tv and I didnt mind the glasses I would probably snag that one. But for me not having one and not liking the glasses its a pass. If it had been the IMAX 2D version I would have picked it up.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge

Postby Va'al » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:40 am

In further Transformers YouTube news, the channel have updated another Behind the Scenes featurette. LAst time we saw the creation of the Dinobots, this time the focus is on the Cavalry Charge from the Age of Extinction movie - check it out embedded below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:52 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This is the exact same video as the "Creation of the Dinobots" clip, but with a different title. Did Hasbro show the wrong video the first time?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am

Sabrblade wrote:This is the exact same video as the "Creation of the Dinobots" clip, but with a different title. Did Hasbro show the wrong video the first time?

So it's not just me, ok. Good to know I haven't entirely lost it yet. #-o
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby TurboMMaster » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:05 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:19 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...

Have you submitted a claim for compensation? Did you factor in your tears and destroyed childhood?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Deadput » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...

Bay does not owe you money for your own decision to see these movies

It's your own fault.

I feel everyone should be grateful we even have movies for both entertainment as well as partially saving Transformers from disappearing in the dark like GI Joe at least for a few more years.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby RhA » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

It's your own fault.

I feel everyone should be grateful we even have movies for both entertainment as well as partially saving Transformers from disappearing in the dark like GI Joe at least for a few more years.

This conversation has no winners. None.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Blast Cannon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:57 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
RhA wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

It's your own fault.

This conversation has no winners. None.

That's not true. I'm having a really positive experience as a result of this.

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
Blast Cannon
Headmaster
Speed: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:50 pm

THEY BROUGHT AOE BACK TO MY THEATER IN IMAX!!! For one week, every day at 9:55! I'm going to go there and watch it every damn day. For once in my life, I "feel," something. IDFK if it's excitement, or even simply satisfaction, but damnit, AOE is back in IMAX, and I'm going to make the most of it. Then, I'm going to buy every version of the DVD/Bluray when it comes out.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby RhA » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:48 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
SlyTF1 wrote:THEY BROUGHT AOE BACK TO MY THEATER IN IMAX!!! For one week, every day at 9:55! I'm going to go there and watch it every damn day. For once in my life, I "feel," something. IDFK if it's excitement, or even simply satisfaction, but damnit, AOE is back in IMAX, and I'm going to make the most of it. Then, I'm going to buy every version of the DVD/Bluray when it comes out.

This post is about a movie, but really it's about good old teenage angst.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Explosions Clip

Postby Va'al » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 am

Another exclusive look at some Transformers: Age of Extinction behind the scenes material comes to us courtesy of USAToday. Wahlberg, Tucci, head of explosions (of course) Jim Schwalm and others of the crew talk about their experience on set with the very real explosions and pyrotechnics under Bay's direction. Read more below, and check out the embedded clip!

If you thought the action was intense onscreen in Transformers: Age of Extinction, check out this exclusive look behind the scenes.

The stars had to navigate scenes with real explosions that seem closer to a true war zone.

This extra from the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital release features a Chinatown scene from the summer box office hit. The highly planned explosions come fast and furious.

"I had never experienced anything like that. There were explosions going off the likes of which I had never seen before," says Stanley Tucci, who starred in his first Transformers. "It was really exhilarating."

Tucci and star Mark Wahlberg sprint throughout set pieces on the Detroit set. Bay follows along barking out instructions into a megaphone.

Jim Schwalm, the explosives expert in charge of Michael Bay set explosions, also follows closely nearby. The Transformers veteran says that even he was impressed by the firepower required for the fourth installment of the franchise.

"We were way busy," says Schwalm. "We had bombs everywhere there."

At the end of the scene and a barrage of explosions, the actors finally complete the task to the satisfaction of Bay.

"That was awesome," he yells into the megaphone.

Transformers: Age of Extinction is out on digital September 16 and Blu-Ray/DVD September 30.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/09/15/transformers-age-of-extinction-mark-wahlberg/15581265/
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 RI variant IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22RI APR200731 (CA)Chan"
TRANSFORMERS #22 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915L"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS: THE MANGA Vol 1 variant Classic TV Japanese Comics Viz 2020 HC New"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS: THE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #6 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 DEC190653 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 FCBD IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Figueroa 200530A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot RI 1:10 IDW Comics (CA) Christiansen 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #86 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 86RI (CA) Senior 230207"
Transformers REGEN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON