This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Breaks 7-day Non-sequel record in 5 days!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Breaks 7-day Non-sequel record in 5 days!

Postby Raymond T. » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:31 am

As reported moments earlier, the Michael Bay Transformers Movie has broken the $150 Million mark in the US. Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily has made a point to note in their own report, that with surpassing the $150 million mark, Transformers has once again broken a few records.

In a span of 5 days, the movie has broken the 7 day non-sequel record, previously held by Spider-man I in 2002 with 151.6 million dollars in 7 days. (So Transformers still needs two more days to complete this score)

With 23 overseas markets adding $93 million to the global market, it is estimated that Transformers will have made $246.1 million by the end of this weekend, in its first week.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby RatchetMD » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:35 am

That's great news! Go Transformers!
RatchetMD
Minibot

Postby BlurPrime » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:40 am

so does anyone else think that this movie will be much higher in profits then et and titanic?
BlurPrime
Micromaster

Postby Maju Garzett » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:57 am

Makes all the pre-movie haters feel stupid, doesn't it?
Maju Garzett
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:03 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
"We are the champions, my friends...

...and we'll keep on fighting 'til the end!"

Awesome!!!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby DSanza » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Excellent news! Roll out!
DSanza
Micromaster

Postby Calenatarion » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:07 pm

BlurPrime wrote:so does anyone else think that this movie will be much higher in profits then et and titanic?

I don't think so... Both made more than 843 and 880 million dollars in total. And that is with the inflation adjusted.

That's a lot of money, you know.

-edit-

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/

Just found this page with all kinds of information regarding box office sales.
Calenatarion
Vehicon
News Credits: 322

Postby Nemescream » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm sure Bay is relieved, after The Island bombed so bad last Summer. Career saved by nerds and car robots! Must be pretty sobering for him considering how much he initially loathed the idea, and still hates the G1 cartoon.

Now they need to bring in a new writer (SIMON FURMAN PLZ), and a new director for the sequels.
Nemescream
Micromaster

Postby Night Raid » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:12 pm

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sweet! I think we're pretty much golden when it comes to sequel-age. So...

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!! *dancing banana appears onscreen*
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Ultra Supericon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:15 pm

:APPLAUSE: Roll Out! :APPLAUSE:
Let's Start Working on TF2 :PRAY:
Ultra Supericon
Mini-Con
Location: Access denied....Access denied. System Security Alert...System Offline......

Postby Sportimus Prime » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Maju Garzett wrote:Makes all the pre-movie haters feel stupid, doesn't it?

They should, but they won't. But the same thing was said about PotC. All the haters and whiners said it wasn't period accurate, pirates didn't act that way, etc, etc. The movie was not meant to be period accurate, or a historical documentary. It was a fun action film. Same with Transformers, it's a work of science fiction. Sure things are different, but they are not too different. If things stayed exactly the same, this would be a boring world to live in. Go Transformers Go! Make those millions, and break more box-office records. I'm eagerly awaiting them awesome sequels. :)
Sportimus Prime
Headmaster

Postby Voodoo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Fan-bloody tastic!

Even if it doesn't beat Titanic - this was a huge weekend. And hopefully will propel the movie to be the box office champ of the year.
Voodoo
Mini-Con

Postby KoH4711 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:41 pm

Well, like I've said before, even if people loathe the movie, the kind of profit this film looks poised to turn will be a HUGE thing for Transfans. I'm still of the opinion that the Universe/Classics 2.0 line is born out of the profits they've made, and now they can afford to do more things with the TF brand. I mean, think about it... it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone would invest in a War Within prequel DTV movie.
KoH4711
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby AbsumZer0 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:49 pm

Yeah, because who could have possibly thought a film pandering to the very lowest common denominator would be profitable?
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:52 pm

heh heh... i just won a bet

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Riotflea » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 pm

AbsumZer0 wrote:

Yeah, because who could have possibly thought a film pandering to the very lowest common denominator would be profitable?

Nicely said.

:)

KoH4711
Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:41 pm Post subject:
Well, like I've said before, even if people loathe the movie, the kind of profit this film looks poised to turn will be a HUGE thing for Transfans. I'm still of the opinion that the Universe/Classics 2.0 line is born out of the profits they've made, and now they can afford to do more things with the TF brand. I mean, think about it... it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone would invest in a War Within prequel DTV movie.

Also nicely said. It's perhaps the only point to this crappy era that stops me from dumping, burning or eBaying off everything I own remotely having to do with Transformers.
Last edited by Riotflea on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riotflea
Headmaster Jr

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:00 pm

I think it has a chance of making it into the top five highest grossing movies of all time. After all, this is the sort of movie people go to the movies to see.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Ultra Prime » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Nemescream wrote:I'm sure Bay is relieved, after The Island bombed so bad last Summer. Career saved by nerds and car robots! Must be pretty sobering for him considering how much he initially loathed the idea, and still hates the G1 cartoon.

Now they need to bring in a new writer (SIMON FURMAN PLZ), and a new director for the sequels.

Why would we want a different director for the sequels? Michael Bay is pretty smart. His vision was a hit the first time. Do you really think things should be changed when the formula he has created with this movie works and is enjoyed and accepted by the movie audience by large? Transformers is his baby now. He has set a bar with this movie and now has a benchmark to go on for future sequels.
Collection Count: Just enough G1 & Classics to make this look good!
Ultra Prime
Headmaster Jr
Buy from Ultra Prime on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby tech348 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Ultra Prime wrote:
Nemescream wrote:I'm sure Bay is relieved, after The Island bombed so bad last Summer. Career saved by nerds and car robots! Must be pretty sobering for him considering how much he initially loathed the idea, and still hates the G1 cartoon.

Why would we want a different director for the sequels? Michael Bay is pretty smart. His vision was a hit the first time. Do you really think things should be changed when the formula he has created with this movie works and is enjoyed and accepted by the movie audience by large? Transformers is his baby now. He has set a bar with this movie and now has a benchmark to go on for future sequels.

I agree Michael Bay should direct the sequels. If he doesn't we're just back to square one.
tech348
Fuzor

Postby Arcadius-Prime » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:34 pm

No bescause Transformers is still getting the recognition it deserves. In the end this opens up more possibilities for the francise and future products which make me happy :grin:
Arcadius-Prime
Mini-Con

Postby HyperConvoy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:46 pm

AbsumZer0 wrote:

Yes, because I am sure that a film that pandered only to the hardcore fans and was impenetrable to the general public would have been successful! /:)
HyperConvoy
Mini-Con

Postby opjet » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:49 pm

more money more money for transformers 2
more robots 4 transformers 2
that means we get the dinobots and devastator
and jetfire come everybody sing it with me
opjet
Micromaster

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
opjet wrote:more money more money for transformers 2
and jetfire come everybody sing it with me

Um... okay... As creepy as I think this is, the kid's right. Mo money at box office means mo money for the sequel.
:APPLAUSE:
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby D-340 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Nemescream wrote:
Now they need to bring in a new writer (SIMON FURMAN PLZ)

Doubt it'll happen, but I would have a fanboy joygasm if it happened.

As far as the movie makin' mad bank,**Stone Cold Steve Austin voice** OH HELL YEAH! :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

To all that said the movie would tank :lol: how's that crow taste? I'll be the one to say "I told ya so!"

I'm sure someone's gonna pipe up and say "Almost 200 mil in 5 days isn't all that successful". I'm just waiting for it.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby AbsumZer0 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 pm

HyperConvoy wrote:
AbsumZer0 wrote:

Yes, because I am sure that a film that pandered only to the hardcore fans and was impenetrable to the general public would have been successful! /:)

Yeah, because everyone knows that a film with mutidimensional characters and without 2 hours of WB sitcom humor of the masturbation, ethnic stereotype, and bodily function variety wouldn't appeal to anyone but 'hardcore fans'.
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON