This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:05 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
I just hope Takara make a LOT of this Megs because I'd like to order the Takara easily. Takara, don't repeat the Fembots Fiasco please.

Did I miss something? I got all 3 without any problem at all, I wasn't aware they were hard to come by

Thats because you only bought one of each. Everyone that bought 2 or more were sent a message that, to satisfy the demand, they could only give one of each to everyone.

Also, they are already sold out everywhere.

Well that's the drama I avoid by never buying multiples from the same place. Also, Chromia is still available as of 5 min ago
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:34 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
He's so bland and naked.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:He's so bland and naked.

Sigh, I agree here too.

AUUUUUGHHH! I just want a Leader Megatron without having to pay 100$ for it! Hasbro Takara, whatever, come out already!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Allenspurs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 am

All three are readily available on ebay for around $40 each.
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Why oh why did the cartoon have to neuter Megatron's color scheme to being just gray and black, two of the most boring colors ever? :-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 am

I'm so hoping that this won't delay MP Meg's v2. You can't be anime accurate and have the wrong alt mode. No matter how much I squint, I can't mistake a tank for a P-38
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 am

It's that simple."
Allenspurs wrote:All three are readily available on ebay for around $40 each.

The 3 fembots you mean? Yeah, 40$US each is a great deal compared to the 25$CAN they cost each at the Japanese online stores.

Beside, that's ironically what I paid for Arcee and Chromia. Around 40$ each. Hasbro version. Damn exchange rate and damn custom fees! :-x
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:He's so bland and naked.

Sigh, I agree here too.

AUUUUUGHHH! I just want a Leader Megatron without having to pay 100$ for it! Hasbro Takara, whatever, come out already!

Yup, agreed. Actually, I would have much preferred Takara didnt go the silver route and had more of a matte finish, to truly be cartoon accurate. Or at least look what what was first shown.

Thats why I am super happy with my decision of ignoring this release and preordering Appolyon. At least there I get something that works in a collection and doesnt have a neutered alt mode (ie a Tank instead of a gun).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Allenspurs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 am

Hey its not perfect, but if you want them bad enough you can get them.

I paid $87 for windblade and chromia to be delivered to the UK. That's basically the only option is had. I won't let a lack of decent purchase options in the UK deprive me of must have items like the fembot's
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Rated X wrote:Megatron looks so much better without all that red crap. I always baffeled me why any collector would want a mold meant to look like the cartoon aesthetics but in vintage toy colors. It makes no sense. Just make it all cartoon.

I sort of agree. Comparing the two side by side there's a little much on the red accents there. The red button on the barrel, the red firing missile, the red crotch and the red around his abs and shoulders is kind of overdoing it. With his more subdued color scheme he has a "real-world" utilitarian look. BUT this being a toy line and all I think there has to be a careful balance of eye-catching color and real-world immersion. Yeah as chrome as G1 megs was he could still fool the average person into thinking it was modeled after an actual pistol. However, you don't hear any complaints about Skywarps (awesome) black and purple color scheme on an F-15.

Anyway, long story short they both look cool but he should at least have some color accents.
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:12 am

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:Thats why I am super happy with my decision of ignoring this release and preordering Appolyon. At least there I get something that works in a collection and doesnt have a neutered alt mode (ie a Tank instead of a gun).

Personally, I prefer Tank Megatron from Gun Megatron. Simply because it's a more logical altmode for a powerful leader. Never mind the scale-shifting. Big scary bot transform into a big scary tank. Awesome! Big scary bot born to lead transform into a... tool... that need to be picked up by some dude to be used. A bit sad, really.

Don't get me wrong, I'd REALLY want a redone MP Megs based on his iconic gun mode. It's just that as a tank, Megatron is not a... glorified targetmaster.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:17 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Thats why I am super happy with my decision of ignoring this release and preordering Appolyon. At least there I get something that works in a collection and doesnt have a neutered alt mode (ie a Tank instead of a gun).

Personally, I prefer Tank Megatron from Gun Megatron. Simply because it's a more logical altmode for a powerful leader. Never mind the scale-shifting. Big scary bot transform into a big scary tank. Awesome! Big scary bot born to lead transform into a... tool... that need to be picked up by some dude to be used. A bit sad, really.

Don't get me wrong, I'd REALLY want a redone MP Megs based on his iconic gun mode. It's just that as a tank, Megatron is not a... glorified targetmaster.

"Neutered alt mode"? Dude I'll take a tank to a gun fight any day over a handgun.
Last edited by Alpha Dominus on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:21 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:

I thought about going the Apollyon route, as he looks great, but I have Ollie and he is a little flimsy. I didn't want to take that chance on Megatron.

If you like it, great, enjoy. I have a missing spot on my shelf that can't be filled by a tank. Cosmos can't be a John Deere tractor just because the colors are close.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 am

It's that simple."
Desslok2201 wrote:Cosmos can't be a John Deere tractor just because the colors are close.

STOP MAKING ME WANT THINGS!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:27 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Cosmos can't be a John Deere tractor just because the colors are close.

STOP MAKING ME WANT THINGS!

I knew that was going to happen
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Railbomb » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 am

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
So, are the treads on Megs back geared up together? Can you just move out one of them?
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 am

Railbomb wrote:So, are the treads on Megs back geared up together? Can you just move out one of them?

Yuh. Four seperate treads.
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor

Postby Rated X » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:40 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Alpha Dominus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

"Neutered alt mode"? Dude I'll take a tank to a gun fight any day over a handgun.

What he means by "neutered alt mode" is toy companies willingness to comply with stupid child toy laws inspired by paranoid parents. Remember in the 1980s when it was actually fun to be a kid ? When I was like 10, I scared a hovering news helicopter away from my block with a life sized toy M-16 that didnt have a stupid orange cap at the tip. I still got it, and ill cherish it for life because of that moment. You can keep your tank.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 am

Rated X wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

What he means by "neutered alt mode" is toy companies willingness to comply with stupid child toy laws inspired by paranoid parents. Remember in the 1980s when it was actually fun to be a kid ? When I was like 10, I scared a hovering news helicopter away from my block with a life sized toy M-16 that didnt have a stupid orange cap at the tip. I still got it, and ill cherish it for life because of that moment. You can keep your tank.

Well, as we can tell from TT re-releasing MP-05 in gold, those 'nanny state' laws do not apply to them. I just hope that they don't think that this release will satisfy the fans, as decepticons already don't sell as well as autobots in Japan
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby megatronus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:56 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Reading through this thread... it's not that you can't please everyone, it's that you can't please anyone.
>:oP
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am

megatronus wrote:Reading through this thread... it's not that you can't please everyone, it's that you can't please anyone.

That's not true.... I really hope everyone who wants a tank Megatron is very happy with this release
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby megatronus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:12 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Desslok2201 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Reading through this thread... it's not that you can't please everyone, it's that you can't please anyone.

That's not true.... I really hope everyone who wants a tank Megatron is very happy with this release

I'm definitely happy with it... but there is a large population of people here who can't face hard truths. People don't like tank Megatron? Great! More for me. But folks need to stop bellyaching for the umpteenth time about how much it sucks that he doesn't turn into a gun.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:16 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Alpha Dominus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I meant neutered in the fact that it's not a gun because Hasbro wouldnt be able to sell it in America. You want a G1 robot mode mode megatron that doesnt have a G1 alt mode, be my guest. I think the classics Megatron (any deco) already answered all my classics megatron needs. Its the right scale and while the alt mode is a new version , at least the robot mode doesnt kid itself into thinking its anything more than a G1 redux.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

Kind of what I'm saying. Don't kid yourself by calling it G1. It's not. I'd prefer a tank Megatron in tank Megatron (G2) colors. Then we can stop pretending
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Rated X » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:30 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The superior Takara deco has me considering buying this mold. It's no secret I hate leader scale because it is aimed more at kids than collectors. But Im curious to see how much taller he is than Hegemon. Can anybody taske a pic of the two side by side ?
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E 0224IM259 (CA) Oliver"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0723IM408 4C (CA) Park (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON