This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Clear Images Of Transformers Legends LG15 Nightbird, LG16 Slipstream and LG17 Blackarachnia

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:32 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Do I need to bring up that close-up of a spider's pedipalps?

Well then, that really works. Never seen that kind of pic before, so yeah, it works! thanks! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Shockwave7 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:32 am

mooncake623 wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They'll be neat when fully done, I think. But they have their flaws, no doubt about it.

Nightbird retains the problem of the Arcee mold, namely, her 'child birthing' hips.

Slipstream looks... very chipper for a fem Con.

And I'm not sure why they're replacing Blackarachnia's fangs with 'scoops'. The only reason would be that the designers are guys, and they wanted to see the TFA BA mold with more pronounced mommy-bags....

I don't get why this is a problem for you.. or anyone, I've heard the complaint before. Why? what are you expecting?

Better proportions. The manufacturers have proved that they CAN retool a design when they want to in order to improve aesthetics. They could have done something to narrow the hips a smidgen on the arcee mold, but they didn't, and once it's set in resin, they pretty much give up on fixing any flaws (which is why they won't fix Lockdown's hands for example).

Arcee's hips just look off to me. Back in the days of the Renaissance, that look was popular for women, as evidenced by a lot of the art. They preferred 'voluptuous' women (i.e., 'chubby'). And to be fair - some folks still like that look. I call it a flaw, because I don't like the look. To my eye, the hips just seem out of proportion with the rest of the body. The shins, the arms, the chest and head have a very narrow, athletic look to them, which is in keeping with how Arcee is usually drawn in the comics and such. But then, kablammo - the hips/thighs flare out all voluptuous and interrupt the aesthetics.

Again, that seems to be fine for most folks and they see no problem with it. Not so with me.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Re: New Clear Images Of Transformers Legends LG15 Nightbird, LG16 Slipstream and LG17 Blackarachnia

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:34 am

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Do I need to bring up that close-up of a spider's pedipalps?

Just imagine if THAT is what Blackarachnia's bust looked like. XD
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Shockwave7 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:33 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Well then, that really works. Never seen that kind of pic before, so yeah, it works! thanks! :BOT:

They find a species that has scoop shaped pedipalps instead of very obvious fangs, and go with that? It still looks like they're trying to make her a constructicon digger - or maybe a worker at Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream parlor.

Spiders need fangs to look fearsome, not scoops ;)
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

They find a species that has scoop shaped pedipalps instead of very obvious fangs, and go with that? It still looks like they're trying to make her a constructicon digger - or maybe a worker at Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream parlor.

Spiders need fangs to look fearsome, not scoops ;)

Still looks scary! :shock:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

I never really looked into the original mold, but man! That is an unfortunate placing of the chest armor. Just saying, it's kinda funny really :BOT:

At least it looks hot in robot mode. :lol:

Can't wait to see the painted versions of these girls! :D

Oh man, what I wouldnt do to be 15 again. Enjoy it while it lasts kid!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:

Hey, you aren't too far gone! Don't start feeling old yet!
And it's perfectly acceptable to call a bot "hot". How many humans have fallen for a bot or a con in the 31 years? I personally find the new Arcee really attractive. Of course I may be biased: Her body type matches my girlfriends almost perfectly! :lol: :lol: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:47 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

And it's perfectly acceptable to call a bot "hot". How many humans have fallen for a bot or a con in the 31 years? I personally find the new Arcee really attractive. Of course I may be biased: Her body type matches my girlfriends almost perfectly! :lol: :lol: :BOT:

Lol I'll make a topic about that. XD
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Do link us, that sounds hilarious. :lol:
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Do link us, that sounds hilarious. :lol:

Here it is!

who-is-the-hottest-or-most-attractive-transformer-you-can-think-of--p1698789.php#p1698789
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby munkimus prime » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Motto: "I dislike fools and villains. And you seem to be both."
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
I'm not really in to Nightbird since she just a character from one episode of G1 so I have no attachment to that character. Slipstream and Blackarachnia are both definite purchases unless I only had enough to get one then that would be Blackarachnia since I've been wanting a new version of her for ages.
99th Generation Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
munkimus prime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Watch munkimus prime on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Shockwave7 wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They'll be neat when fully done, I think. But they have their flaws, no doubt about it.

Nightbird retains the problem of the Arcee mold, namely, her 'child birthing' hips.

Slipstream looks... very chipper for a fem Con.

And I'm not sure why they're replacing Blackarachnia's fangs with 'scoops'. The only reason would be that the designers are guys, and they wanted to see the TFA BA mold with more pronounced mommy-bags....

I don't get why this is a problem for you.. or anyone, I've heard the complaint before. Why? what are you expecting?

Better proportions. The manufacturers have proved that they CAN retool a design when they want to in order to improve aesthetics. They could have done something to narrow the hips a smidgen on the arcee mold, but they didn't, and once it's set in resin, they pretty much give up on fixing any flaws (which is why they won't fix Lockdown's hands for example).

Arcee's hips just look off to me. Back in the days of the Renaissance, that look was popular for women, as evidenced by a lot of the art. They preferred 'voluptuous' women (i.e., 'chubby'). And to be fair - some folks still like that look. I call it a flaw, because I don't like the look. To my eye, the hips just seem out of proportion with the rest of the body. The shins, the arms, the chest and head have a very narrow, athletic look to them, which is in keeping with how Arcee is usually drawn in the comics and such. But then, kablammo - the hips/thighs flare out all voluptuous and interrupt the aesthetics.

Again, that seems to be fine for most folks and they see no problem with it. Not so with me.

To each his/her own preference I guess. Some want big oppai while others petanko. ;)

2 points you raised. 1st, Tomy probably wanted to get more bang out of the mold without having to invest additional moolah to alter the basemold. Keeping the old order of "not breaking the bank".This seems to be the recent practice of TT. Conservative releasing of figures. Remember the Legend 3 fembots had such a limited release? Hb could probably offset cost with the T-cracker mold by selling him in mass quantities.

2nd, the birthing hips. I believe the inner thigh gives the mold an optical illusion at some angle of it looking very drumstick like (as in KFC drumstick). And, well imo it fits the mold perfectly. Try photoshoping a pic of her shaving off the thigh and compare. I bet it would damage the proportional visage.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:24 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy and Armada Megatron Package Images

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:14 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian fenrir72 has spotted a new addition on Hisashi Yuki's Twitter feed, showing once again the Tokyo Toy Show Takara Tomy exclusive Legends Black Convoy and Armada Megatron (the Japanese repaints of Reveal the Shield G2 Laser Prime and Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron) - but this time, we also get to see the exclusive black boxes the figures come packaged in, plus a brief glimpse at the instruction booklet. Check them out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
These would be soooooo worth it to keep sealed! :roll:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Heckfire » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:32 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Dammit, I HAVE the OTFCC Scourge, and I STILL want this guy.

CURSE YOU, OBSESSIVE URGE TO HAVE ALL NEMESIS PRIMES!!
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby prjkt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:03 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Heckfire wrote:Dammit, I HAVE the OTFCC Scourge, and I STILL want this guy.

CURSE YOU, OBSESSIVE URGE TO HAVE ALL NEMESIS PRIMES!!

This guy'll be my substitute for the TFCC version, (surprisingly) much cheaper

Armada Megatron just keeps looking better and better
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hey look, on the packaging and booklet. They're actually calling him "BLACK CONVOY" in English text instead of "Scourge". Previous Legends toys used the Hasbro names in English with the original Takara names in Japanese, but here, the original Takara name is used in both Japanese and English.

However, something else of notice is on the booklet. Despite having the correct :RENEGADE: Combatron insigina, and despite the RID 2001 English dub calling him a "Decepticon", the name of his faction is written in English here as "PREDACON". Whoops.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:Hey look, on the packaging. They're actually calling him "Black Convoy" in English text instead of "Scourge". Previous Legends toys used the Hasbro names in English with the original Takara names in Japanese, but here, the original Takara name is used in both Japanese and English.

Interesting. :-? Good spotting!
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:However, something else of notice is on the booklet. Despite having the correct :RENEGADE: Combatron insigina, and despite the RID 2001 English dub calling him a "Decepticon", the name of his faction is written in English here as "PREDACON". Whoops.

Well, how would you call a Destronger in English using familiar and available names? There are no Decepticons in Car Robots, so...
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:However, something else of notice is on the booklet. Despite having the correct :RENEGADE: Combatron insigina, and despite the RID 2001 English dub calling him a "Decepticon", the name of his faction is written in English here as "PREDACON". Whoops.

Well, how would you call a Destronger in English using familiar and available names? There are no Decepticons in Car Robots, so...
There's no "Predacons" in Car Robots either (only Cybertrons, Destrongers, and Combatrons), so nothing was stopping them from using "Decepticon" just as they used "Predacon". Besides, the insignia used is :RENEGADE: for "Combatron". The Destronger insignia was :PREDACON: , which was not used for this toy. So they could have easily gotten away with claiming that " :RENEGADE: = Decepticon"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:40 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I want to like that Armada Megatron, but I just don't. Something's way off about it in my mind's eye, even more so than the Hasbro one. The waist feels too purple, but it's also possible I'm not remembering the show model correctly.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:55 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

There's no "Predacons" in Car Robots either (only Cybertrons, Destrongers, and Combatrons), so nothing was stopping them from using "Decepticon" just as they used "Predacon". Besides, the insignia used is :RENEGADE: for "Combatron". The Destronger insignia was :PREDACON: , which was not used for this toy. So they could have easily gotten away with claiming that " :RENEGADE: = Decepticon"

Except that "Combatron" was treated more as a sub-group in the toyline: the box for CR Black Convoy still says "Destronger" on the side. And apparently because of the symbol used, they equated the Japanese Destronger with the US Predacons and therefore, through lack of an actual US name for the Combatron symbol (maybe Renegade?), they named Black Convoy (not Scourge) a Predacon too. Woops.
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 am

ScottyP wrote:I want to like that Armada Megatron, but I just don't. Something's way off about it in my mind's eye, even more so than the Hasbro one. The waist feels too purple, but it's also possible I'm not remembering the show model correctly.
For reference:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I want to like that Armada Megatron, but I just don't. Something's way off about it in my mind's eye, even more so than the Hasbro one. The waist feels too purple, but it's also possible I'm not remembering the show model correctly.
For reference:

Yea, I'm not seeing the issue. I really like this darker, more brooding deco, but that's just me.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
NEW!
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
NEW!
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
NEW!
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON