This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New In Hand Images of Newly Released Takara Transformers Legends Slipstream

Postby Glarryg » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
william-james88 wrote:

Her pose in that box art is very Liefeld-esque. But, I suppose a robot is more likely to be able to do that versus a human being.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Love how this mold has flight stand ports in both robot and vehicle modes. :)

I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:Image
Oh, so it looks like Slipstream got her new body upgrade from Swindle. And look, there's Sentinel Magnus just as he appeared in the Season 3.5 fiction. I wonder if Derrick J. Wyatt had any involvement in this comic.

Alpha Weltall wrote:I really don't like that Slipstream doesn't come with the sword. Nightbird comes with all four of the base mold's weapons and then the two new ones. Combiner Hunter Arcee doesn't even come with the four base weapons yet Nightbird does. So why doesn't Slipstream come with Windblade's sword? I'd like to at least have had the option in displaying her with the sword or not.
It's just something Takara does. If they deem an accessory that came with a figure's original release is unecessary or inappropriate for the character that the mold is to be redecoed/remolded into, they take it out. Thankfully, they were willing to create brand new null rays for her that suit her character far more.

The same thing happened with Henkei! Henkei! Lambor and Alert. The engine piece that came with Sunstreaker (as well as every Hasbro release of the Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold) was left out of Lambor's and Alert's releases since it was a piece that, in the fiction, was more associated with Sunstreaker and not Sideswipe or Red Alert. Takara probably thought the same about Slipstream, thinking "She doesn't use a sword," and took it out, replacing it with the new null rays.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
mooncake623 wrote:
Soraboo1030 wrote:I could probably translate these comics but it'd take a while! :BANG_HEAD:

That would be awesome

Yeah I agree!
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Sabrblade wrote:
Oh, so it looks like Slipstream got her new body upgrade from Swindle. And look, there's Sentinel Magnus just as he appeared in the Season 3.5 fiction. I wonder if Derrick J. Wyatt had any involvement in this comic.

Alpha Weltall wrote:I really don't like that Slipstream doesn't come with the sword. Nightbird comes with all four of the base mold's weapons and then the two new ones. Combiner Hunter Arcee doesn't even come with the four base weapons yet Nightbird does. So why doesn't Slipstream come with Windblade's sword? I'd like to at least have had the option in displaying her with the sword or not.
It's just something Takara does. If they deem an accessory that came with a figure's original release is unecessary or inappropriate for the character that the mold is to be redecoed/remolded into, they take it out. Thankfully, they were willing to create brand new null rays for her that suit her character far more.

The same thing happened with Henkei! Henkei! Lambor and Alert. The engine piece that came with Sunstreaker (as well as every Hasbro release of the Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold) was left out of Lambor's and Alert's releases since it was a piece that, in the fiction, was more associated with Sunstreaker and not Sideswipe or Red Alert. Takara probably thought the same about Slipstream, thinking "She doesn't use a sword," and took it out, replacing it with the new null rays.

Isn't the sword necessary to form the tail fin?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

No, it did nothing other than store under her alt mode. In fact it was just slightly taller than her landing gear, so she had a tendency to tip to one side a lot.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
mooncake623 wrote:
Soraboo1030 wrote:I could probably translate these comics but it'd take a while! :BANG_HEAD:

That would be awesome

If you ever do translate them, Soraboo, give us an e-mail (link in my signature) and we will front page it :)

chuckdawg1999 wrote:

No, those are on her feet. however, the sword does help to fill out the gap in her body in alt mode.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4495
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Hellscream9999 wrote:No, it did nothing other than store under her alt mode. In fact it was just slightly taller than her landing gear, so she had a tendency to tip to one side a lot.

william-james88 wrote:No, those are on her feet. however, the sword does help to fill out the gap in her body in alt mode.

Well, the hilt did form a cool rear rotor that made some sense in the VTOL context. Necessary? Not really. But a cool addition in cross function of weapon kibble, in my opinion. Image
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Hellscream9999 wrote:No, it did nothing other than store under her alt mode. In fact it was just slightly taller than her landing gear, so she had a tendency to tip to one side a lot.

william-james88 wrote:No, those are on her feet. however, the sword does help to fill out the gap in her body in alt mode.

Well, the hilt did form a cool rear rotor that made some sense in the VTOL context. Necessary? Not really. But a cool addition in cross function of weapon kibble, in my opinion. Image

Yeah, considering tf fans b!tched forever about not having weapon storage, now when we get it people b!tch about how dumb the weapons look when attached to the alt mode (cw especially)

I really loved the multiple ways you could store the sword on windblade.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Yeah, considering tf fans b!tched forever about not having weapon storage, now when we get it people b!tch about how dumb the weapons look when attached to the alt mode (cw especially)

Speaking of weapons storage, that arcee mold has some of the best weapon storage in the history of the brand. Takara really outdid themselves engineering how it all fits together.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:30 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Speaking of weapons storage, that arcee mold has some of the best weapon storage in the history of the brand. Takara really outdid themselves engineering how it all fits together.

Except that the small pistols' storage in her abs is so tight, it could snap her in half (almost happened to me) but yeah her abundance of weapon ports is nice.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby griftimus prime » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i dont think i will be doing a google image search of nightbird art any time soon.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:15 pm

In Slipstream's comic, I see:

Animated universe
Sentinel Magnus
Autotroopers
The Metroplex
Swindle
Unknown wanted poster behind Swindle
Mudflap wanted poster
Slipstream
Magnificus wanted poster
Sky-Byte wanted poster
Rattletrap
Metalhawk
Sky Garry
Road Rage
First Aid
Grandus
Another obscured wanted poster behind dialogue bubble
Doctor Scalpel
Safeguard
Jazz
Jetstorm
Jetfire

Legends Universe
Windblade
Arcee
Rattle holding a small blue figure
Convoy
Metroflex
Ultra Magnus
Alpha Trin
Megatron
BW Megatron
Waspeeter
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Except that the small pistols' storage in her abs is so tight, it could snap her in half (almost happened to me) but yeah her abundance of weapon ports is nice.

Funny thing is I like Arcee having her weapons displayed and not tucked under the car mode. the sword and gun combo really makes her look mean in alt mode (in the good way!) :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Is it really read left to right? Not the other way around?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:53 pm

fenrir72 wrote:Is it really read left to right? Not the other way around?
The manga? They're right to left.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Theres me mixing my rights and lefts again, will go edit.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:In Slipstream's comic, I see:

Animated universe
Sentinel Magnus
Autotroopers
The Metroplex
Swindle
Unknown wanted poster behind Swindle
Mudflap wanted poster
Slipstream
Magnificus wanted poster
Sky-Byte wanted poster
Rattletrap
Metalhawk
Sky Garry
Road Rage
First Aid
Grandus

Where is Sky Garry and Grandus? And who is Rattrap holding up ala He-Man?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
william-james88 wrote:

Just when I read it left to right.... :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:23 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Like it makes a difference :lol:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Here is Blackarachnia's. Homina Homina, wait till you see Chromia's Halloween outfit. There is also a bondage shot of Arcee, no joke.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Like it makes a difference :lol:

True. to me it reads "rabble rabble rabble" :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Ultra Mad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Motto: ""To do what I must""
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Just received my Slipstream and Blackarachnia today from HLJ. I was surprised at how fast it got to Canada from Japan (I had paid on the 22nd and chose EMS shipping). I'm really happy with them, especially Blackarachnia. Even though the animated mold doesn't reflect some of her aspects from the Beast Wars tv show (mainly the pincer hands and her spidey legs being on her arms), it's still a very good version of that character in robot mode. In beast mode, not bad but not it. That being said, she will make a good addition to my shelf of recent versions of Beast Wars characters (Generations Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator; classics Cheetor and Dinobot). This is probably the best version of this character that we will be getting for a while.

As for Slipstream, she will do just fine with my classics seekers in my collection. All and all, I'm very happy with both of them. I'm happy I decided to pick them up :D
Ultra Mad
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Armored truck

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 pm

william-james88 wrote:Where is Sky Garry and Grandus? And who is Rattrap holding up ala He-Man?
Sky Garry and Grandus are of the far left side of the second panel in the background area where the Metroplex is. Sky Garry is in vehicle mode flying in the air with Metalhawk whie Grandus is on the ground behind Road Rage.

As for who Rattrap's holding, the pic's too small for me to tell, but it's some blue toy (Rattrap's a big BW fan and loves collecting TF toys).

william-james88 wrote:Here is Blackarachnia's. Homina Homina, wait till you see Chromia's Halloween outfit. There is also a bondage shot of Arcee, no joke.
CONFOUNDIT, JAPAN!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Halloween outfits:

Black Widow: cheetah-striped catgirl
Slipstream: devil-themed maid
Nightbird Shadow: ninja (real creative :roll: )
Windblade: schoolgirl
Airazor (who's a guy, btw): nurse
G1 Megatron: Kremzeek witch hat
BW Megatron: Top hat, suit, and evening cape
Arcee: heart-themed maid
Chromia: black bunnygirl

>:oP

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Where is Sky Garry and Grandus? And who is Rattrap holding up ala He-Man?
Sky Garry and Grandus are of the far left side of the second panel in the background area where the Metroplex is. Sky Garry is in vehicle mode flying in the air with Metalhawk whie Grandus is on the ground behind Road Rage.

As for who Rattrap's holding, the pic's too small for me to tell, but it's some blue toy (Rattrap's a big BW fan and loves collecting TF toys).

william-james88 wrote:Here is Blackarachnia's. Homina Homina, wait till you see Chromia's Halloween outfit. There is also a bondage shot of Arcee, no joke.
CONFOUNDIT, JAPAN!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Halloween outfits:

Black Widow: cheetah-striped catgirl
Slipstream: devil-themed maid
Nightbird Shadow: ninja (real creative :roll: )
Windblade: schoolgirl
Airazor (who's a guy, btw): nurse
G1 Megatron: Kremzeek witch hat
BW Megatron: Top hat, suit, and evening cape
Arcee: heart-themed maid
Chromia: black bunnygirl

>:oP

Nightbird Shadow is a female ghost. Not a ninja Sabr. Used as reference Dusk Maiden of Amnesia Yuuko, a ghost wearing a ghost costume.

Nightbird on the otherhand........A sexy eye patch wearing ghost to be exact :x
Attachments
Yuuko2.jpg
Yuuko.jpg
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON