This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Kurona » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:40 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Blurr's extra feature is hilarious and beautiful and I love it and I just want him more now.

Scourge... eh, I can go either way; Takara's and Hasbro's seem equally fine in my eyes. Just depends on whether you prefer dark blue or light blue... or if you're really uptight about him having white upper legs. Personally I was only wanting these guys as Sweeps anyway (using the original Generations Scourge as the actual Scourge), so again, I go either way on this. Both look pretty great.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Nemesis Destron » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:46 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Takara WTF?? Why didn't you make Shockwave's scope purple and see thru? #-o Yes I will still buy it Takara but there is no excuse! :-P :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Nemesis Destron wrote:Takara WTF?? Why didn't you make Shockwave's scope purple and see thru? #-o Yes I will still buy it Takara but there is no excuse! :-P :VEHI:

I just have a togh time with how they keep making him lavender.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby mblase75 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 am

TR Scourge already has a similar feature, does he not? I figured they would implement something similar for all the G1 Targetmaster characters as a nod.
mblase75
Micromaster
Buy from mblase75 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:14 am

Attachments
Shockwave chart.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Kurona » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:19 am

Gotta say, I much prefer the darker purple and overall colour placement on Hasbro's Shockwave. I get what Takara's going for, but... eh, it just doesn't work for this mold imo.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 am

Well, I guess I'm building a small force of Sweeps again. Takara's Scourge looks fantastic!

I'm really tempted to track down some Botcon Sweeps and buy two more Titaniums to have a whole Sweep display.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Microraptor » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:27 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
So hasbro goes toon-accurate and takara goes toy, everyone's like "I can go either way". The reverse happens and everyone's like "WTF Hasblo Blargh".
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 am

Microraptor wrote:So hasbro goes toon-accurate and takara goes toy, everyone's like "I can go either way". The reverse happens and everyone's like "WTF Hasblo Blargh".

Are you referring to Scourge? Because Hasbro's still going for toy accuracy and takara's still going for cartoon accuracy there, right down to the colour on the sides of the legs and wings, placement of the Decepticon symbol and other little painted details.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Dang. So that dark blue rectangle, the only area where I like the Hasbro Blurr more than the Takara (cos Hasbro has it same colour as the shield so it doesn't sick out so much) is for a lil landing gear-like strut thingy for a lame sled? Oh well, I still love the general look of Takara Blurr.

Scourge looks better in the Takara version too. It's just that extra mass on the head that puts me off it. The alt-mode is certainly the best Scourge has ever had.

Shockwave doesn't look particularly great in either version. Just a very mediocre-at-best design. Prefer the Hasbro colours cos I like a dark menacing Shockwave.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Randomhero » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Dang. So that dark blue rectangle, the only area where I like the Hasbro Blurr more than the Takara (cos Hasbro has it same colour as the shield so it doesn't sick out so much) is for a lil landing gear-like strut thingy for a lame sled? Oh well, I still love the general look of Takara Blurr.

Scourge looks better in the Takara version too. It's just that extra mass on the head that puts me off it. The alt-mode is certainly the best Scourge has ever had.

Shockwave doesn't look particularly great in either version. Just a very mediocre-at-best design. Prefer the Hasbro colours cos I like a dark menacing Shockwave.

I'm in the same boat with Scoruge. The headmaster gimmick just looks so weird on him. The white does make it look better. I guess it just simply popping off Fracas's arms to make it look better or maybe swapping heads from the generations figure. Regardless the head is coming off to transform.

The silver lining is it would be cool to have man piloted sweeps.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Microraptor » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:09 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Kurona wrote:
Microraptor wrote:So hasbro goes toon-accurate and takara goes toy, everyone's like "I can go either way". The reverse happens and everyone's like "WTF Hasblo Blargh".

Are you referring to Scourge? Because Hasbro's still going for toy accuracy and takara's still going for cartoon accuracy there, right down to the colour on the sides of the legs and wings, placement of the Decepticon symbol and other little painted details.

Well to be fair, a lot of the shades on the takara one match up with the toy rather than the cartoon model. I mean, the overall paint scheme is more accurate then hasbro's in theory, but the shading is much more toy-based.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:27 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ok I pre-ordered Scourge and Blurr from amiami. Bit early maybe but it's in case I forget.

They are listed at 2,390 which works out about £15 each. Then put on the shipping (went with EMS and combined shipping for both) and... eh I dunno. It'll be ok. They say it's late August release. Which is a little too close to September's MattyCollector ThunderCats figure release schedule that I've subscribed too but it won't be all at once so it's cool
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Hardnose Prime » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Still loving how Blurr looks. Scourge looks much better with Takara's paint job, but I'm happy with my Generations version. Again, these aren't bad looking figures, but I just wish Hasbro would stop being lazy with paint jobs. Still, they'll do whatever they can to get more money.
Hardnose Prime
Mini-Con

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I was already sold on Takara's Blurr, but this is just icing on the cake. As for Scourge, THAT is how you do him right. He looks fantastic! The Takara version gets it almost completely right, with two tones of blue in all the right spots, his "wings" darkened on the inside, all the paint details in the right places, AND by painting the Headmaster kibble behind his proper head white, it helps hide that extra bulk that is too obvious on the unpainted Hasbro version. The ONLY thing missing is some red claws on his finger tips. This shall be my definitive "Classics" Scourge, and I'll buy a trio of the Hasbro release for his Sweeps. I'm loving that Shockwave too. I just wish he could be deluxe or even voyager sized, though.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I broke down and Preordered Blurr. He's just so much better looking than the Hasbro version. I don't see how the Hasbro one is toy accurate. There's just way too much dark blue on him to be toy accurate. Oh well, not that there's anything wrong with the Hasbro version, I just like the Takara version better. Anything else I get from this line will be the Hasbro version.

Interesting note.. compared pricing on HLJ vs TFSource(that's where I found open preorders). TFSource is about $2.50 cheaper if you go with their cheapest shipping vs. EMS from HLJ. Wasn't expecting that.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:45 pm

william-james88 wrote:We finally saw some colour photos of Takara's Legends Blur(r) last week and with the Takaratomymall listing up now, we have some new images. One of these reveals a new functionality that has yet to be known. The front of the vehicle, which is used for a shield, can also be flipped over to become a smaller vehicle for the Titan Master to ride in.

That sled feature is kind of funny... when it's used Blurr is either a headless robot or a hoodless car, no?

Wolfman Jake wrote:I was already sold on Takara's Blurr, but this is just icing on the cake. As for Scourge, THAT is how you do him right. He looks fantastic! The Takara version gets it almost completely right, with two tones of blue in all the right spots, his "wings" darkened on the inside, all the paint details in the right places, AND by painting the Headmaster kibble behind his proper head white, it helps hide that extra bulk that is too obvious on the unpainted Hasbro version. The ONLY thing missing is some red claws on his finger tips. This shall be my definitive "Classics" Scourge, and I'll buy a trio of the Hasbro release for his Sweeps. I'm loving that Shockwave too. I just wish he could be deluxe or even voyager sized, though.

And dark "facial hair."

Another round goes to Takara. But skipping this mold altogether because of the headmaster gimmick. Will probably get the "real" Headmasters. Wonder if Takara will make new molds for the Horrorcons.

btw, they used the reddish insignia from Scourge's early model cel.

scourge.jpg
scourge.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 10539 times
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
The light facial hair on Scourge is accurate to Scourge's "birth" scene in the movie:

The color of his Van Dyke of Destruction actually varies quite a bit in the original G1 media, including within the original cartoon, the animated movie, the Marvel comics, modern comics (Dreamwave, IDW, etc.), to say nothing of the original toys. It's a quibble I can deal with. That said, I do hope that his Decepticon insignia comes out more purple in the actual release. At least it's easily fixable with some decals. I've got a feeling, though, that's it's just a trick of the camera. Colors get weird when cameras try to make "corrections." I can see all of the vibrant blues interfering with how the purple comes out on camera, drawing out more of the red in the purple color than you'd really see in person. The red Autobot insignia on Blurr does look especially vibrant in these shots too.
Last edited by Wolfman Jake on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Cyberpath wrote:
william-james88 wrote:We finally saw some colour photos of Takara's Legends Blur(r) last week and with the Takaratomymall listing up now, we have some new images. One of these reveals a new functionality that has yet to be known. The front of the vehicle, which is used for a shield, can also be flipped over to become a smaller vehicle for the Titan Master to ride in.

That sled feature is kind of funny... when it's used Blurr is either a headless robot or a hoodless car, no?

Lucky me I will probably have easy access to those titan master figures so I will make one of those ride it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

So... this is another option for Shattered Glass Scourge. I don't need to hunt down the Botcon Scourge anymore!
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:39 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
OOoooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh gigidy! :x

Blurr and Scourge!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon

Because the walking bags of flesh just can't be satisfied one way or the other 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Re: New Images and Revealed Functionality for Takara Transformers Legends Blurr

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Cyberpath wrote:Image

Awesome! Do you have a website of these fit every figure?? I'm dying to see Blurr.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Nik Hero wrote:
Awesome! Do you have a website of these fit every figure?? I'm dying to see Blurr.

Also, to everyone who says Hasbro is going for the toy deco, it doesnt look it. Its more like they went with minimal paint apps and that happens to fit some aspect of the toy. In any case, since we already have the G1 toy, I feel this is a great chance to actually have a Blurr that has the deco fo the show.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
william-james88 wrote:
Nik Hero wrote:

Also, to everyone who says Hasbro is going for the toy deco, it doesnt look it. Its more like they went with minimal paint apps and that happens to fit some aspect of the toy. In any case, since we already have the G1 toy, I feel this is a great chance to actually have a Blurr that has the deco fo the show.

Thank you! This is the first figure that ever made my son ask for the "Japanese Version" as he normally likes the Hasbro version of the toys.

I hope to see comparisons like this in all toys. These are just amazing!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRIB WATCH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groupies baby monitor 2019"
CRIB WATCH Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRISOURTOPS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Triceratops Orange 2019"
TRISOURTOPS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOLLY LICKS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Lollipop"
LOLLY LICKS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERBOLT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
SILVERBOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACID STORM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
ACID STORM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRIST BANNED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades watch 2019 Hasbro"
WRIST BANNED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEF NADA Transformers BotBots Series 4 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020 empanada"
CHEF NADA Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLURP-A-DERP Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats ramen noodles 2020"
SLURP-A-DERP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KREON 4-PACK Transformers Kre-o Universal Optimus Prime Evac Megatron Bumblebee"
KREON 4-PACK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMERG THE SAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Fresh Squeezes spinach plant 2019"
SMERG THE SAD Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWAPBOX 16 Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020 gameboy"
SWAPBOX 16 Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUNCHES Transformers BotBots Series 3 Fresh Squeezes grapes 2019"
BUNCHES Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 8-PACKS Set of 4 Transformers Custodial Crew + Pet Mob 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 8 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON