This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Kitties :(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:53 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:"CHUG"

Every time you use that accursed acronym, god eats a kitten.

Good. I hate kittens.

CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG
All aboard the kitten-eating train! Chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga WOO WOO!

Meanwhile, I think I'll chug the last of this water bottle sittin' next to me. :P

That's why I specified "acronym." No kitties for you, Sabr! ;)

We're only a month out now from the first batch of Takara Legends Headmasters now. Who's excited?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:56 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Wolfman Jake wrote:We're only a month out now from the first batch of Takara Legends Headmasters now. Who's excited?

ME
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:We're only a month out now from the first batch of Takara Legends Headmasters now. Who's excited?

I am!

But the fact Takara already figured out MP Inferno/Grapple makes me reevaluate if I should get into the Headmasters, too. Takara is moving really fast. :lol:
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Lots to report tonight folks, continuing now with some in package images of TakaraTomy Transformers Legends LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead! These fellas are slated for release next month, and will be under the Hasbro banner Titans Return (Stateside). Do you have your pre-orders in? Let us know, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Gunmetal » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 pm

Speaking for myself alone, I'd rather have the Hasbro Hardhead. My 1987 self never liked how cartoon Hardhead didn't have the "cool mouth plate" that my toy had.
Gunmetal
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Gunmetal » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".

Also, Hardhead's TM is in head-mode while Galvatron's isn't. Perhaps because Nebulon (or whatever his name is) doesn't technically form the complete face?
Gunmetal
Minibot

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm loving these in package samples. The production colors look great in "natural" lighting. Galvatron isn't as pale and Hardhead isn't as overly saturated as the stock photos had us believe. I was already committed to getting Takara's Hardhead for the cartoon accurate face sculpt, but now I'm certain I'll stick with Takara for Galvatron as well. The colors look great, and his "Head Master" has actual paint. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:27 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Randomus wrote:Speaking for myself alone, I'd rather have the Hasbro Hardhead. My 1987 self never liked how cartoon Hardhead didn't have the "cool mouth plate" that my toy had.

Same. He just looked more badass with the mouthplate toy look. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby King Kuuga » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:09 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Now I miss when Hasbro toys were packaged in alt mode.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Possible Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Leader God Ginrai

Postby Va'al » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:43 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
One of the pieces of news coming out of the Tokyo Toy Fest 2016, and a little overshadowed by the Masterpiece Cheetor reveal, concerns the Legends series and a potential godly addition. According to Twitter user tagoal, we might be seeing a heavy remold of the Leader Powermaster Prime, already a retool of Ultra Magnus. Machine translation of the tweets say the following:

Development in the Japan Edition ginrai!!

It something considerably different from the power master op ginrai?!

Redesign of the cab, ginrai, breast changes, changes, arms and legs are different and such?!

Which seem to suggest that chest, cab, arms and legs of the figure will be modified to get close to the big robot mode, including something happening to the Titanmaster feature to accommodate the Ginrai character. Are we to see the Godbomber directly? Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:11 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Oh hell yes. I'm yet to watch Masterforce but I've heard that Ginrai is basically a toned down Kamina (which, considering how confusing his looking exactly like optimus is, makes "who the hell do you think I am?!" a legitimate question) so he's already in my good books. And hey, the transtector itself looked incredible
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby xMXUx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:36 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
That's awesome news about Ginrai :D although depending on how different he is from PMOP, I might consider getting both, which wouldn't be too good for my wallet :roll:
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:46 am

Randomus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".

Also, Hardhead's TM is in head-mode while Galvatron's isn't. Perhaps because Nebulon (or whatever his name is) doesn't technically form the complete face?

Yeah it could be that, but I thought it was to sell the look of this new titan master, which looks like Megatron. The head transformed as a robot is more recognizable than it just as a head.

That Bot wrote:Now I miss when Hasbro toys were packaged in alt mode.

I do too. The last time it happened was the AOE deluxe Dinobots, right?
Its odd, they've even been rereleasing many G1s in robot mode. I guess it's to differentiate themselves from other brands and it makes it easy for parent to tell that it is an action figure.

Randomus wrote:Speaking for myself alone, I'd rather have the Hasbro Hardhead. My 1987 self never liked how cartoon Hardhead didn't have the "cool mouth plate" that my toy had.

I preffer the grey on hasbro's hardhead over the brown on Takara's. Both are cool though, I am really impressed at how both companies took the same toy but modified it for it to resemble 2 different looks of the character: toy and show model. I really love when Hasbro and Takara offer different takes rather than both going for a similar look with one of them doing a better job at it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Super Ginrai TFYuki Sketch

Postby Va'al » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Soon enough after reporting the rumour which really wasn't about Legends God Ginrai, we have some confirmation fuel from Takara Tomy designer and unofficial PR machine Hisashi Yuki over on Twitter. Fellow staff member Hellscream9999 notifies us of the Super Jinrai sketch, as part of the Legends series - Yuki seems to lament the non-MP choice, but also seems happy enough to ask for support for the line. Check it out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hm, based on that artwork, it looks to still be Super Ginrai rather than God Ginrai. No visible Godbomber armor components.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Firepower: 7

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:15 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Maybe put a Powermaster on the chest? More blocky G1 style truck cab?

You know, Takara, I'm getting really tired of buying more than one of these figures because of your awesome remolds and paint.... #-o
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:40 am

Sabrblade wrote:Hm, based on that artwork, it looks to still be Super Ginrai rather than God Ginrai. No visible Godbomber armor components.

Yup, and you know, how they wrote Super Ginrai on it ;)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:14 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
In that case, I might hold off on PMOP then. I think the cab looks okay, but I certainly would've taken the blockiness of the original. Ginrai, thy must deliver!
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:11 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
So Ginrai is getting heavy retooling from PMOP huh? Sounds like it could be Devastator all over again.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10

Postby Gunmetal » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:So Ginrai is getting heavy retooling from PMOP huh? Sounds like it could be Devastator all over again.
Could be, but at least PMOP doesn't have omissions on the level of the Constructicon elbows (but I wouldn't be surprised if the leg modifications include ankle tilts).

Looking at the picture, it looks like the may have the arm panels hinge higher up so that they aren't underneath his hands. This could allow for wrist swivels, but would leave him without that grip he needs to hold his guns better.

The chest does look different too. At first I thought, "what's the point," since it's not like they still need to distinguish it from Ultra Magnus (they way Takara distinguished their Technobots from their earlier mold partners). Then I realized it: they're different characters (duh) #-o ; giving them distinct chests gives us an excuse to get both to represent the two side-by-side.

Well played.
Gunmetal
Minibot

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Randomus wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:So Ginrai is getting heavy retooling from PMOP huh? Sounds like it could be Devastator all over again.
Could be, but at least PMOP doesn't have omissions on the level of the Constructicon elbows (but I wouldn't be surprised if the leg modifications include ankle tilts).

Looking at the picture, it looks like the may have the arm panels hinge higher up so that they aren't underneath his hands. This could allow for wrist swivels, but would leave him without that grip he needs to hold his guns better.

The chest does look different too. At first I thought, "what's the point," since it's not like they still need to distinguish it from Ultra Magnus (they way Takara distinguished their Technobots from their earlier mold partners). Then I realized it: they're different characters (duh) #-o ; giving them distinct chests gives us an excuse to get both to represent the two side-by-side.

Well played.

Well PMOP has nasty hollow arms, no ankle tilts (as you mentioned) and no wrist swivels so hopefully they'll be on the agenda for upgrading.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10

Postby Gunmetal » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
Randomus wrote:

Well played.

Well PMOP has nasty hollow arms, no ankle tilts (as you mentioned) and no wrist swivels so hopefully they'll be on the agenda for upgrading.

I don't know about the arms; they still look hollow in the sketch, and I can't recall any other instance where Takara went back and filled in forearms or thighs. Masterpiece aside, I think both companies are equally guilty of 3-sided limbs (which makes sense since the toys are designed jointly).
Last edited by Gunmetal on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunmetal
Minibot

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Somebody snuck in and got this.
Attachments
image.jpg
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON