This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread (Weirdwolf)

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 am

Kurona wrote:I can't quite see from the botcon images; but do Hasbro and Takara's weirdwolves share the same face?

Attachments
weirdwolf head.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that Hasbro head. Its a gorgeous update and goes well with the less blocky update of the toy itself.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am

william-james88 wrote:I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that Hasbro head. Its a gorgeous update and goes well with the less blocky update of the toy itself.

:lol: That's a lot of love for a 3rd tier character.

They both look good to me, I picked the one closer to the cartoon and easier for me to get.

I like the pic in your sig btw.
Attachments
weirdwolf stock photos.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:52 am

Cyberpath wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that Hasbro head. Its a gorgeous update and goes well with the less blocky update of the toy itself.

They both look good to me, I picked the one closer to the cartoon and easier for me to get.

I am a toy guy, the fiction is really secondary for me (though I will always read or watch something if its good). So these guys are all toys and all on equal footing in terms of tier to me. That movie Mindwipe wasnt in the films but is one of my favourites regardless :)

And thanks, my sig now features my very first TF toy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:I can't quite see from the botcon images; but do Hasbro and Takara's weirdwolves share the same face?

What's interesting about the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters, and which can be seen in this comparison image, is that, unlike the Autobot Headmasters, the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters used essentially the same base animation models for their depictions in both The Rebirth and The Headmasters, with any differences in their designs between the two cartoons being only rudimentary ones inherent of each being animated by a different studio (AKOM vs Toei).

So for Takara Skull, Weirdwolf, and the eventual Wipe, the heads those three have are not only Headmasters cartoon-accurate but Rebirth cartoon-accurate as well. 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Microraptor » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I prefer the :HASBRO: one, but I want that BOT homage.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

What's interesting about the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters, and which can be seen in this comparison image, is that, unlike the Autobot Headmasters, the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters used essentially the same base animation models for their depictions in both The Rebirth and The Headmasters, with any differences in their designs between the two cartoons being only rudimentary ones inherent of each being animated by a different studio (AKOM vs Toei).

So for Takara Skull, Weirdwolf, and the eventual Wipe, the heads those three have are not only Headmasters cartoon-accurate but Rebirth cartoon-accurate as well. 8-)

The fact that Takara didn't give Apeface cartoon-colours suggests to me that perhaps they are working on proper toys for the Horrorcons (like with Groove and Blast Off.) If true, they should be mostly Rebirth/Headmasters accurate, too. (With some differences in the decos.)

Apeface thing.jpg
Apeface thing.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 2503 times

Apeface jet.jpg
Apeface jet.jpg (70.87 KiB) Viewed 2492 times
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Insurgent » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:17 pm

If they did voyager class horrorcons (since the voyagers are all triple changers anyway) I'd be all over them!
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Randomhero » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:54 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

I am a toy guy, the fiction is really secondary for me (though I will always read or watch something if its good). So these guys are all toys and all on equal footing in terms of tier to me. That movie Mindwipe wasnt in the films but is one of my favourites regardless :)

I agree with you. I always enjoy the toy and comics deco personally. I'll gladly take Jazz with door wings, Prowl with shoulder cannons and even megatron with a grey helmet any day over cartoon accuracy. Still need time with Optimis having yellow eyes though.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

I agree with you. I always enjoy the toy and comics deco personally. I'll gladly take Jazz with door wings, Prowl with shoulder cannons and even megatron with a grey helmet any day over cartoon accuracy. Still need time with Optimis having yellow eyes though.

Thats cool, but what I meant was not the same thing. I didnt mean I preferred a toy to reference a toy's deco, I jut meant that I dont care what it references as long as its a cool toy. For istance Weirdwolf's Hasbro head doesnt look like his G1 toy, it looks different from anything else. And I dont judge it based on its reference, I judge it based on whether or not I think it looks good. And I think it looks awesome :)

PS: But yeah, I do preffer Megatron to have a grey head and I do preffer a darker purple for shockwave, but thats just because I think it looks better, didnt matter where that initially came from.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs

Take notes, Hasbro! This is how you update a design into something that looks "cool." Skullcruncher's head was a complete failure of your mission statement.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I'll only get it if I find it cheap. Not keen on either mode or either the Hasbro or Takara heads. I'll keep on waiting for a really good wolf Transformer then (Cybertron Snarl is still my fave for his excellent wolf mode and the robot would be fine if not for having the wolf head as his right hand)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In other official image news, once more with the DO NOT COPY lettering and from TFSource, we have a look at the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, and LG34 Mindwipe! The three deluxes also include the Titan Masters triple changer Legend class figures, as you can see from the images mirrored below - let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:11 am

Yay! Been waiting for these to surface.

But sigh, more drones. Mindwipe even has the same one as Skullcruncher. Wish they ditched those, especially now that the Yen is strong.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby MemphisR56 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:11 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
definitely looks like the same headsculpt on Domey there. Sorry to burst a few bubbles. It's too difficult to tell with all the artefacts in there whether they changed the paint on the visor though.

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

All the others I'm not sure they're different enough to really justify splashing out on takara, considering my nation's current self-inflicted economic blight :BANG_HEAD:
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:21 am

MemphisR56 wrote:definitely looks like the same headsculpt on Domey there. Sorry to burst a few bubbles. It's too difficult to tell with all the artefacts in there whether they changed the paint on the visor though.

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

All the others I'm not sure they're different enough to really justify splashing out on takara, considering my nation's current self-inflicted economic blight :BANG_HEAD:

It's not the same it's different. The IDW/hasbro version has more smooth curves. This one has a more straight edge blocky look.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Yeah, they seem to be continuing the whole Headmasters-accurate heads thing.
Think they'll show Brainstorm in the next batch?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:55 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Hominahominahomina!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromedome looks like the anime. Same with the rest. So would Brainstorm then sport a mouth instead of a face guard?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:09 am

fenrir72 wrote:Hominahominahomina!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromedome looks like the anime. Same with the rest. So would Brainstorm then sport a mouth instead of a face guard?

I think that's a given that Brainstorm will have a mouth. It's hard to believe they'd alter everyone except him.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:25 am

IF they release Brainstorm. That is still far from a guarantee. There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released lately like the Plainum DInobots with new G1 heads, the reissue of Perceptor with new accessories, legends Groove and I dont think they will release Hasbro's version of CW Strafe. I am holding no hope until I see it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:33 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:legends groove.

Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 am

steals_your_goats wrote:

william-james88 wrote:There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released

That aint the Groove bro, sure as hell aint his deco.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:43 am

william-james88 wrote:IF they release Brainstorm. That is still far from a guarantee. There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released lately like the Plainum DInobots with new G1 heads, the reissue of Perceptor with new accessories, legends Groove and I dont think they will release Hasbro's version of CW Strafe. I am holding no hope until I see it.

I think they will. It's true they've yet to release certain retools and remolds but this is is headmasters. That was their series and they're going out of their way to make new heads for these guys. It's just a matter of time. My first thought was "God they'll mall make it an online or mall exclusive like deadlock or some of the combiners"

It's surprising it took them 2 1/3 years to do release skids and it wasn't even a toy deco it was straight MTMTE. Still waiting and hoping for Jhiaxus. Takara is picky when it comes to doing characters.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:43 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

william-james88 wrote:There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released

That aint the Groove bro, sure as hell aint his deco.

But they still released the mold. That example doesn't exactly hold up to the other examples you mentioned since it was released in a way.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
But they still released the mold. That example doesn't exactly hold up to the other examples you mentioned since it was released in a way.

But by the logic you present, that means they could release brainstorm as another character with a different colour. Takara not releasing the Groove legends deco is a hint that they dont like releasing the same character in the legends line and they already released a Legends Brainstorm. So my example is very apt. So going by what you have stated, if Takara releases the Brainstorm retool then it would be as a different character.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRACKS Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 Alien Mask figure 2023 New"
TRACKS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers UNICRON Vinyl Figure #103 SDCC convention 2022 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + KREMZEEK Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2023 New"
MEGATRON + KREMZEE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON