This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:03 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
But they still released the mold. That example doesn't exactly hold up to the other examples you mentioned since it was released in a way.

But by the logic you present, that means they could release brainstorm as another character with a different colour. Takara not releasing the Groove legends deco is a hint that they dont like releasing the same character in the legends line and they already released a Legends Brainstorm. So my example is very apt. So going by what you have stated, if Takara releases the Brainstorm retool then it would be as a different character.

That's not what I said at all but if you want to take this route than the override/groove comparison isn't indicative of anything regarding the legends line since override was released under TAV and deluxe groove was released under unite warriors. Takara has already released characters twice under the legends line like rat trap and rhinox but they use them as exclusives. So they very well could just use the brain storm tooling but as an exclusive instead.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It's extremely hard to believe they won't do Brainstorm. I guess anything's possible, but it's also possible that they'll cancel all production on Transformers movies after Last Knight. There's just some things that are easy to count on.
Hell, even if they don't release Brainstorm... I can see them making a new mold for Brainstorm. I know it sounds crazy, but so far all the new molds they've made - Blast Off, Groove - have been for the sake of completing a set. So if they somehow don't get their hands on that Brainstorm, they'll sure as hell make their own because there's no way they're making a line of the Headmasters and missing Brainstorm. It's like ordering a Pizza, Garlic Bread and a bottle of Coke but they ran out of Garlic Bread and don't charge you for it. You're happy with what you got, yeah, but there's something very significant missing.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:09 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
steals_your_goats wrote:That's not what I said at all but if you want to take this route than the override/groove comparison isn't indicative of anything regarding the legends line since override was released under TAV and deluxe groove was released under unite warriors. Takara has already released characters twice under the legends line like rat trap and rhinox but they use them as exclusives. So they very well could just use the brain storm tooling but as an exclusive instead.

Your right and I can totally see that and I agree. But that still means everyone is back where we started off since Brainstorm is not part of Hasbro's standard schedule and so far Takara is following that schedule quite closely. An exclusve makes sense, but what is the most any of you would pay for a deluxe Brainstorm from Takara? Because Rattrap and co were 40$ back when the exchange was in our favor.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:That's not what I said at all but if you want to take this route than the override/groove comparison isn't indicative of anything regarding the legends line since override was released under TAV and deluxe groove was released under unite warriors. Takara has already released characters twice under the legends line like rat trap and rhinox but they use them as exclusives. So they very well could just use the brain storm tooling but as an exclusive instead.

Your right and I can totally see that and I agree. But that still means everyone is back where we started off since Brainstorm is not part of Hasbro's standard schedule and so far Takara is following that schedule quite closely. An exclusve makes sense, but what is the most any of you would pay for a deluxe Brainstorm from Takara? Because Rattrap and co were 40$ back when the exchange was in our favor.

I still think they can release him as a standard release. Just because the legends line hasn't released the same character twice (outside exclusives) doesn't mean they can't. Only time will tell though
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 am

Question for all of you though, are you still planning on buying these toys at 40$ a piece? I placed my preorders for who I wanted in the previous wave and bought when the yen was lower but it looks like I am sticking with hasbro for the entirety of Wave 2 of Titans Return. How about you guys?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:33 am

william-james88 wrote:Question for all of you though, are you still planning on buying these toys at 40$ a piece? I placed my preorders for who I wanted in the previous wave and bought when the yen was lower but it looks like I am sticking with hasbro for the entirety of Wave 2 of Titans Return. How about you guys?

I'm going hasbro. I've never had issues with how they do stuff the cost is cheaper for me. Even buying from a straight Japanese vendor doesn't make it cheaper for me most of the time and I don't mind just checking out a couple walmarts and targets on my days off.

Personally I don't demand and need cartoon accuracy, just having the character is good enough for me. Now when it came to the femcons, I bought those and Ultra Magnus and skids because they were gorgeous and I had a little extra cash to toss at an import.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 am

Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Question for all of you though, are you still planning on buying these toys at 40$ a piece? I placed my preorders for who I wanted in the previous wave and bought when the yen was lower but it looks like I am sticking with hasbro for the entirety of Wave 2 of Titans Return. How about you guys?

I'm going hasbro. I've never had issues with how they do stuff the cost is cheaper for me. Even buying from a straight Japanese vendor doesn't make it cheaper for me most of the time and I don't mind just checking out a couple walmarts and targets on my days off.

We are of the same mind ;)^

william-james88
News Staff

Postby SeventhSage » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:01 am

Love their Headmaster style heads! So lookin forward to these guys!
SeventhSage
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 am

I get it, some people want the most accurate version of the characters they love. im just glad to get classics themed characters 10 years after they started because after all, it was just a filler toy line before the movie toys came out and now CHUG is the headliner for transformers which is insane that it is.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby leokearon » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword

I wasn't planning on buying any of the Takara Deluxes, I prefer the Hasbro heads and it would prefer to have the Titan Masters Vehicles with their Titan masters
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:15 am

leokearon wrote:I wasn't planning on buying any of the Takara Deluxes, I prefer the Hasbro heads and it would prefer to have the Titan Masters Vehicles with their Titan masters

Yeah thats a huge bummer for me too. I mean they are meant to interact so you cant actually have a complete mini dinosaur without your robot losing his head.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby xMXUx » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
I'll decide which version to get once they go up on AE. I think the exchange rate for the Yen is still better than the one for the Pound, at least for me.
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:28 am

For sure Takara's Brainstorm will have a mouth.

And you know what would be a cool accessory for him instead of another drone? A Rebirth-accurate head sculpt! Give us both options, like with MP-33 Inferno.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby durroth » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:18 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
I'm going to need 3 chromedomes. one for the takara head, one for the hasbro head, and one takara to somehow swap out the robot part of the hasbro head for the much better paint apps on takara's head.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:39 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Chromedome looks good. Painted hubcaps are always nice. The little drill buggy is cool too.

Highbrow doesn't look that different from his Hasbro counterpart but I'll reserve judgement for now.

Mindwipe is never gonna look good regardless of the deco. Sorry, but I'm going FP for him. (Or getting the old ROTF figure, that thing is awesome).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby EvilOmar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:59 am

Cannot wait for these Headmasters to drop. I've been excited since Toy Fair and Botcon. We talk about the state of Transformer toys in our latest episode of our youtube show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6GaJKjupbk
EvilOmar
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
So, with Legends Chromedome, Highbrow and Wipe (Yes, Mindwipe's Japanese name is just "Wipe", poor guy) we have all Deluxe counterparts to the current Hasbro releases. Still no word on any Voyager and Leader releases except for Broadcast/Blaster and Galvatron... What is TakaraTomy up to?

*EDIT* For those curious, the vehicles included come from these Titan Master Class (not Legends Class) releases: Nightbeat, Loudmouth and Crashbash (again), completing that list as well.
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, with Legends Chromedome, Highbrow and Wipe (Yes, Mindwipe's Japanese name is just "Wipe", poor guy) we have all Deluxe counterparts to the current Hasbro releases. Still no word on any Voyager and Leader releases except for Broadcast/Blaster and Galvatron... What is TakaraTomy up to?

Well, we do know what's happening with PM OP, at least.
Which really just leaves us with Sentinel, Astrotrain and Soundwave.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Kurona wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, with Legends Chromedome, Highbrow and Wipe (Yes, Mindwipe's Japanese name is just "Wipe", poor guy) we have all Deluxe counterparts to the current Hasbro releases. Still no word on any Voyager and Leader releases except for Broadcast/Blaster and Galvatron... What is TakaraTomy up to?

I highly doubt they will release Sentinel since he is just a redeco. Soundwave is a mystery.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

I highly doubt they will release Sentinel since he is just a redeco. Soundwave is a mystery.

I thought Astrotrain was the retool of Sentinel... Ugh, pretools drive me batty!
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:49 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

I thought Astrotrain was the retool of Sentinel... Ugh, pretools drive me batty!

They probably won't make a sentinel due to him and astrotrain sharing molds but also the fact he has no history in Japan. Like I said before Japan is super picky about what they'll make and release. It's baffling they did grand galvatron and Lynx Master.

I don't even think they'll do Alpha Trion. I see them using that mold for Lio Convoy before they use it for Alpha Trion. Not because he doesn't have history hit because the body doesn't looked like alpha Trion. They wouldn't do minimus Ambus, they painted him as Alpha and made up some weird story about him joyriding inside Magnus.

Japan is weird...
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:49 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

There are 0 retooled parts. A new head, sure, but thats no longer a part of the body like before, its a seperate robot.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Randomhero wrote:I don't even think they'll do Alpha Trion. I see them using that mold for Lio Convoy before they use it for Alpha Trion. Not because he doesn't have history hit because the body doesn't looked like alpha Trion. They wouldn't do minimus Ambus, they painted him as Alpha and made up some weird story about him joyriding inside Magnus.

Japan is weird...

Another Lio Prime would be dull though. They did that last time Hasbro released a lion TF.

And that body and head looked nothing like Leo Prime. So yeah Japan is weird.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm honestly surprised Hasbro redecoed Leobreaker into Leo Prime before Japan got the chance. Takara always seems to have a massive hard-on for Lio Convoy and Star Saber... which is why I could see them turning Alpha Trion into him.
But hey, at least it'd be something different instead of just the same toy with a little extra paint.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Kurona wrote:I'm honestly surprised Hasbro redecoed Leobreaker into Leo Prime before Japan got the chance. Takara always seems to have a massive hard-on for Lio Convoy and Star Saber... which is why I could see them turning Alpha Trion into him.
But hey, at least it'd be something different instead of just the same toy with a little extra paint.

Bu that means japanese fans wont get a release of Alpha Trion and will be stuck importing.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WASABI BREATH Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats sushi Hasbro 2020"
WASABI BREATH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDWHEEL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
WILDWHEEL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPOTS THE ROCK Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads 2019 zen massage rock"
SPOTS THE ROCK Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOTARAZZI Transformers BotBots Con Crew Meet N Greets camera 2019"
BOTARAZZI Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PINK KEY POP Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 keytar"
PINK KEY POP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALPHA STRIKE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020 Strika"
ALPHA STRIKE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMORE N' MORE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 s'mores"
SMORE N' MORE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRLDERFUL Transformers BotBots Series 4 Home Rangers Hasbro 2020 food mixer"
WHIRLDERFUL Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIPPY DIPPY DISC Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays CD discman 2020"
SKIPPY DIPPY DISC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DJ FUDGEY FRESH Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020"
DJ FUDGEY FRESH Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOT-T-BUILDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique kettlebell weight 2020"
BOT-T-BUILDER Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON