This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Pre-orders are up on HLJ & AmiAmi. Super Ginrai is $63-66 btw.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:Pre-orders are up on HLJ & AmiAmi. Super Ginrai is $63-66 btw.

Pre Ordered! New year is gonna be a busy day...that of January 2017 :x
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:37 pm

SillySpringer wrote:I'm really curious to see what the Takara Legends Astrotrain will look like. From the way the outline looks, it seems like his train mode is going to have a more earth-like look.

I wonder if the back of the train will look different from the front also. That would be an interesting thing indeed. It would make sense because the only spots they'd show up in the robot mode would be on the backs of the legs as a bit of kibble. Kibble doesn't have to be symmetrical.

He gonna be gray purple. Like henkei.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
fenrir72 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:I'm really curious to see what the Takara Legends Astrotrain will look like. From the way the outline looks, it seems like his train mode is going to have a more earth-like look.

I wonder if the back of the train will look different from the front also. That would be an interesting thing indeed. It would make sense because the only spots they'd show up in the robot mode would be on the backs of the legs as a bit of kibble. Kibble doesn't have to be symmetrical.

Did I mention color one time in my post? No. I was talking about the sculpt, and what differences this one will have. I was saying how the outline of train mode looks more like a real-life locomotive rather that a "space train".
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Cyberpath wrote:I Futured Skruncher's floppy legs yesterday, now they are tight! (Maybe a little too tight, didn't realise it took that amount of time to take effect.) So proud! :lol:

btw, anyone notice that the three Decepticon Headmasters have open hands while the four Autobot ones have closed hands?

I finally opened all 3 Headmasters. Galvatron's face crest sucks as it nullifies the neck articulation feature. Should have ditched the spring gimmick. Also noticed that you all have to twist the 'master's tiny heads to face backward or in this case foward parallel to the big head to be able to stick the neck socket to avoid breakage. The manuals omit this (that or I don't know how to read Japanese 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Did I mention color one time in my post? No. I was talking about the sculpt, and what differences this one will have. I was saying how the outline of train mode looks more like a real-life locomotive rather that a "space train".

I read that. The silhouette still looks like the Hb mold. As you already mentioned it, your speculation is waaaaaaaaaaaay off base for Takara to drastically remold an already existing mold for a second...........or third tier character (unless they do a rush job like Blast-off which hopefully won't be the case for the technobots). Not in a thousand years unless it's Ginrai/Optimus Prime etc. It does not make any business sense.

Hence I choose to respond in more practical realistic terms. Any changes will most likely be the color apps. >:oP
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:59 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

I read that. The silhouette still looks like the Hb mold. As you already mentioned it, your speculation is waaaaaaaaaaaay off base for Takara to drastically remold an already existing mold for a second...........or third tier character (unless they do a rush job like Blast-off which hopefully won't be the case for the technobots). Not in a thousand years unless it's Ginrai/Optimus Prime etc. It does not make any business sense.

Hence I choose to respond in more practical realistic terms. Any changes will most likely be the color apps. >:oP

Actually, it does look quite different. However, comparing the original with this image, it looks like it's because of the odd angle of the figure. You could probably see my misunderstanding of the frontal shape if you compare the two. If you don't, it's unimportant.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SillySpringer wrote:Did I mention color one time in my post? No. I was talking about the sculpt, and what differences this one will have. I was saying how the outline of train mode looks more like a real-life locomotive rather that a "space train".

Its the same mold, it seems. The black silouette cuts off the back, but clearly it has to extend out there. Otherwise, its just that particular angle.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 pm

william-james88 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Did I mention color one time in my post? No. I was talking about the sculpt, and what differences this one will have. I was saying how the outline of train mode looks more like a real-life locomotive rather that a "space train".

Its the same mold, it seems. The black silouette cuts off the back, but clearly it has to extend out there. Otherwise, its just that particular angle.

After some image comparisons, I have to agree.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:26 am

The feet aren't that bad. In fact, almost like that in the anime
Attachments
FIGURE-021997_06.jpg
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby primalxconvoy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:10 am

I tell you what; both Skull cruncher and hardhead are IMPOSSIBLE to buy in Japan right now. Galvatron too. The week they came out, they were all gone from toys r us, Yamada denki, bic camera, Amazon Japan, etc. Even more, fortress maximus, which is meant to be available for pre order at Amazon Japan, is sold out, yet the scumbags that scalped them from Amazon are selling them as pre orders back at Amazon Japan for 300 dollars.

This isn't always the case with tfs, just specific Japanese only characters...
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:32 am

primalxconvoy wrote:I tell you what; both Skull cruncher and hardhead are IMPOSSIBLE to buy in Japan right now. Galvatron too. The week they came out, they were all gone from toys r us, Yamada denki, bic camera, Amazon Japan, etc. Even more, fortress maximus, which is meant to be available for pre order at Amazon Japan, is sold out, yet the scumbags that scalped them from Amazon are selling them as pre orders back at Amazon Japan for 300 dollars.

If it helps, Skullcruncher and Galvatron are still in stock at pre-order prices, and Fortress Maximus is still avaliable to pre-order at HLJ --

http://hlj.com/search/go?af=selectserie ... erslegends
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:14 am

primalxconvoy wrote:I tell you what; both Skull cruncher and hardhead are IMPOSSIBLE to buy in Japan right now. Galvatron too. The week they came out, they were all gone from toys r us, Yamada denki, bic camera, Amazon Japan, etc. Even more, fortress maximus, which is meant to be available for pre order at Amazon Japan, is sold out, yet the scumbags that scalped them from Amazon are selling them as pre orders back at Amazon Japan for 300 dollars.

Sold out?! $ 100.00 mark up? And to think Fortmax is just a 22% crappy retool of Metroflex. Maybe the JP collectors see something others don't. 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:09 am

Interesting. But these arent Japanese only characters right?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:40 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
One could argue that they got better focus in Japan than America, if you weren't a comic reader.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 am

That Bot wrote:One could argue that they got better focus in Japan than America, if you weren't a comic reader.

Sure, but would that translate to higher demand if the US is just as nostalgic about the G1 toys these characters are based on? Unless they arent, though these boards seem to say otherwise.

So far, the only toy that isnt flying off the shelves is Sentinel Prime and thats because there is no nostalgia for that character.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby primalxconvoy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:02 am

Cyberpath wrote:

If it helps, Skullcruncher and Galvatron are still in stock at pre-order prices, and Fortress Maximus is still avaliable to pre-order at HLJ --

Cheers. When i checked last time, both were unavoidable, although Fort Max was available for 2-man.

As for "Japanese only", I meant that they are Japan-centric. These are Japan only remolds of the heads, which are of possibly the most popular and Japan-centric lines, "Headmasters". It was the same with Masterpiece Star Sabre, too.

Meanwhile, toys r us is littered with Black Arachnias, Night Birds, Skids, and even the Ikebukero branch has Unite Menasors, masterpiece Tracks and Shockwaves warming the regular shelves, in a corner, behind Adventure toys (usually, MP and Unite boxed sets are kept in a glass cabinet, usually in a different aisle, sold alongside collector edition SW figures, Gundam figs, Square Enix play arts figures etc), so it can be clearly seen just how much these have been scalped and/or how little stock TT have our off these figures.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 am

primalxconvoy wrote:Meanwhile, toys r us is littered with Black Arachnias, Night Birds, Skids, and even the Ikebukero branch has Unite Menasors, masterpiece Tracks and Shockwaves warming the regular shelves

And yeah, I momentarily forgot about the exclusive heads, I can see how people would scalp them to sell to an iternational audience.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby EmirateXaaron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 am

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Speaking of Skullcruncher, are the hip joints on the Legends figure just as bad as the Titans Return one? I'm planning on ordering Skullcruncher and Scourge, but I'm wondering if I'll need to break out the nail polish when they arrive.
EmirateXaaron
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Buy from EmirateXaaron on eBay
Alt Mode: Space tank
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: ???

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 am

EmirateXaaron wrote:Speaking of Skullcruncher, are the hip joints on the Legends figure just as bad as the Titans Return one? I'm planning on ordering Skullcruncher and Scourge, but I'm wondering if I'll need to break out the nail polish when they arrive.

Turns out they arent. We wrote about that here if you are interested: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... mic/35940/

william-james88
News Staff

Postby EmirateXaaron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:33 am

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
william-james88 wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:Speaking of Skullcruncher, are the hip joints on the Legends figure just as bad as the Titans Return one? I'm planning on ordering Skullcruncher and Scourge, but I'm wondering if I'll need to break out the nail polish when they arrive.

Turns out they arent. We wrote about that here if you are interested: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... mic/35940/

Ah, thank you! I had actually been looking for an article on him. ;)^
EmirateXaaron
Minibot

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:If it helps, Skullcruncher and Galvatron are still in stock at pre-order prices, and Fortress Maximus is still avaliable to pre-order at HLJ --

Cheers. When i checked last time, both were unavoidable, although Fort Max was available for 2-man.

No problem. Things often become available again on HLJ once the store gets its actual stock.

primalxconvoy wrote:As for "Japanese only", I meant that they are Japan-centric. These are Japan only remolds of the heads, which are of possibly the most popular and Japan-centric lines, "Headmasters". It was the same with Masterpiece Star Sabre, too.

Meanwhile, toys r us is littered with Black Arachnias, Night Birds, Skids, and even the Ikebukero branch has Unite Menasors, masterpiece Tracks and Shockwaves warming the regular shelves, in a corner, behind Adventure toys (usually, MP and Unite boxed sets are kept in a glass cabinet, usually in a different aisle, sold alongside collector edition SW figures, Gundam figs, Square Enix play arts figures etc), so it can be clearly seen just how much these have been scalped and/or how little stock TT have our off these figures.

Interesting.. UW Menasor, MP Tracks & Shockwave are always in-stock on HLJ, they even gone through several worthwhile sales.

william-james88 wrote:

My Skruncher had tight arms and floppy leg joints.

takara-tomy-transformers-legends-thread-t101179s5075.php#p1813218
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby EmirateXaaron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:43 am

Cyberpath wrote:My Skruncher had tight arms and floppy leg joints.

Oh? That's worrisome. Maybe the loose hips were less pronounced in the TT release?
EmirateXaaron
Minibot

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:46 am

EmirateXaaron wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:My Skruncher had tight arms and floppy leg joints.

Oh? That's worrisome. Maybe the loose hips were less pronounced in the TT release?

That is the Takara release though. A little Pledge polish fixed it. Now he can pull off some poses that he couldn't before.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:50 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
primalxconvoy wrote:As for "Japanese only", I meant that they are Japan-centric. These are Japan only remolds of the heads, which are of possibly the most popular and Japan-centric lines, "Headmasters". It was the same with Masterpiece Star Sabre, too.
I know you clarified this, but Hardhead and Skullcruncher do in fact come with some "Japanese only" characters: their respective Partner Drones, Tankette and Batora. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCAVENGER + ROLLBAR Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2002 231209A"
SCAVENGER + ROLLBA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 211006A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MONOCLE Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 190615a"
MONOCLE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON