This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Changing a sound box does nothing to the tooling of the mold, ergo it is by definition not a retool.

Legends Max looks nice, but I think I'll just get the US version this time around. A modestly different deco on a guy I have no attachment to isn't worth the extra dough to me.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Bot wrote:Changing a sound box does nothing to the tooling of the mold, ergo it is by definition not a retool.
The little Headmaster is retooled.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:Changing a sound box does nothing to the tooling of the mold, ergo it is by definition not a retool.

I am aware that Takara gave him a Fortress head instead of a Cerebros head, but that is separate from the specific suggestion that altering the sound box qualified as a retooling.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:18 pm

That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I am aware that Takara gave him a Fortress head instead of a Cerebros head, but that is separate from the specific suggestion that altering the sound box qualified as a retooling.
Who said the sound box's noises being different qualified as a retool?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Who said the sound box's noises being different qualified as a retool?

Last post of the previous page:

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Given all the discussion over Takara's remolding on the Technobots, it's a little strange they didn't do more to fix Fort Max. The sword is nice, but there's a lot of flaws a little extra work could've fixed. Ramps that went all the way to the ground, extra guns to complete the battle station mode, wheels...

Well... there's a big difference between retooling a voyager and some deluxes and retooling a titan

They retooled Devastator and he was a titan.

Right, but he came in parts and was a considerably smaller titan, right? They were essentially just retooling some voyagers.

In any case though they probably could have done some minor retooling - heck, if you want to count it I guess giving him different sounds is retooling. I think? I dunno. But I don't think they could've done anything as major as ramps and extra guns.

Bold my emphasis. And I think this was answered. ;)^
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sigma Magnus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Who is the red robot in the second image. Fortress comes with a gun? (Fortress as in the transformed head not the super mode)

Wheelie. And the gun is the turret inside the clear-blue chest compartment...thing.

Thanks.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon

Legends Max looks nice, but I think I'll just get the US version this time around. A modestly different deco on a guy I have no attachment to isn't worth the extra dough to me.

Okay. No problemo. You not getting it.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Firepower: 8

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Who said the sound box's noises being different qualified as a retool?

In general if I make what seems to be a reply post without quoting anybody, I'm responding to the most recent post or one that is still in conversation, and didn't feel the need to quote the immediate previous post.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby galvatron00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:57 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Battleship Maximus mode, the Fortress face, and the sweet sweet sound of this tune blaring as I play with him and my other toys.

Those are the reasons I can't wait for the Takara Legends version to arrive.
I'm gonna need more batteries..
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:33 am

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
For those are a bit confused: the last, black and white comic with the numbered bots, that's a reference to the numbered Sweeps as they're based on Fracas/Nightstick. Each has his own personality traits, with poor number 4 reduced to a mere ghost.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:50 am

Kurona wrote:Yeah. If it happened, it'd be really cool; but certainly don't hold your breath.

I don't get why they paired the ape/jet drone with Weirdwolf and Apeface's head (which they haven't retooled to look like the cartoon) with Laserbeak.
Poor Snapdragon got left out completely. :))
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG24, LG26 Comics Scans

Postby Va'al » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:28 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of the Takara Tomy website, we have scans of the comics that accompany their Legends figures - currently featuring the Headmasters, or Titan Masters in Hasbro's nomenclature. Last we saw was with Skull and Hardhead, here, and we now have the ones for LG24 Ginrai (Powermaster Optimus Prime) and skipping to LG6 Scourge, missing out on Galvatron and Blurr. Check them out below, nonetheless!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:39 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Does anyone have a translation?
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby RAR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 am

I notice a lot of people buy toys to "experience them" then sell them soon afterwards and buy something else - that is one way some have a through-put that seems to give them the illusion of being millionaires or something.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:33 am

RAR wrote:I notice a lot of people buy toys to "experience them" then sell them soon afterwards and buy something else - that is one way some have a through-put that seems to give them the illusion of being millionaires or something.

I have to admit. I have quite a few figures that, after I first experienced playing with them, kinda lost interest.

I still have all my figures, but there's a few that may be on the chopping block soon just because I don't have the space anymore.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 am

So many Masterforce characters! I love it!

Also, this is the first time we've seen Fortress and Grand together at the same time conversing with each other.

And, uh oh, something logical this way comes.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:For those are a bit confused: the last, black and white comic with the numbered bots, that's a reference to the numbered Sweeps as they're based on Fracas/Nightstick. Each has his own personality traits, with poor number 4 reduced to a mere ghost.
Likely due to the number 4 being associated with death in Japan.

Nik Hero wrote:Does anyone have a translation?
The Wiki will have an English synopsis in due time.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby 1984forever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 am

RAR wrote:I notice a lot of people buy toys to "experience them" then sell them soon afterwards and buy something else - that is one way some have a through-put that seems to give them the illusion of being millionaires or something.
Well, they have more patience than me because I used to throw unwanted figures in the trash. When my son became of age I started throwing them in his toybox. SDCC FoC Bruticus landed there along with UW-05 minus Sunstreaker and Mirage. He's into Minecraft now so Transformers i've "experienced" are winding up on the curb again. I briefly considered getting Legends Scourge along with 3 of the Hasbro releases to act as Sweeps but I just can't get past that Headmaster gimmick. I've pretty much given up on having a decent TFTM display.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Starsaber468 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:44 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hope somebody translates the manga as in changing the language of the texts from japanese to english instead of just somebody saying whats happening
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:45 pm

Starsaber468 wrote:Hope somebody translates the manga as in changing the language of the texts from japanese to english instead of just somebody saying whats happening

Give it time.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby RAR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 pm

1984forever wrote:
Well, they have more patience than me because I used to throw unwanted figures in the trash. When my son became of age I started throwing them in his toybox. SDCC FoC Bruticus landed there along with UW-05 minus Sunstreaker and Mirage. He's into Minecraft now so Transformers i've "experienced" are winding up on the curb again. I briefly considered getting Legends Scourge along with 3 of the Hasbro releases to act as Sweeps but I just can't get past that Headmaster gimmick. I've pretty much given up on having a decent TFTM display.

Don't they have Charity donations for old unwanted toys in Brooklyn then ?

You are wasting a lot of money really even if they are broken people will pay quite a lot for "mixed Lots" on eBay even if you only make one listing it would be worth the trip to the post office - and if even that is to much bother you can book online for a parcel pick up etc..

Heck even a single Gun can be worth crazy prices if it's a desirable one.

There is other ways to point out the use to people too like extra Legion weapons from the prime era, or Energon star/chips all have people looking for them.

I usually frown on people who have any intention of selling toys on throwing boxes away especially on rarer items - but throwing the wholes boxes full of toy away is light lighting cigars with $5.00 bills really.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:08 pm

That Bot wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:Hope somebody translates the manga as in changing the language of the texts from japanese to english instead of just somebody saying whats happening

Give it time.
I wouldn't count on it. These online Legends manga chapters have had 39 made so far and of those 39 chapters, only one of them, Chapter 33, has been fully translated in English. No one seems to be regularly translating the online manga chapters, or any of the pack-in ones.

The Grand Galvatron Chapter comic, however, was translated, but not the Lynxmaster Chapter comic.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby karyuudo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:44 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:

Give it time.
I wouldn't count on it. These online Legends manga chapters have had 39 made so far and of those 39 chapters, only one of them, Chapter 33, has been fully translated in English. No one seems to be regularly translating the online manga chapters, or any of the pack-in ones.

The Grand Galvatron Chapter comic, however, was translated, but not the Lynxmaster Chapter comic.

We might tackle translating these in the future, as it's crossed our team's mind several times. The only problem is, we only have so much time, and there's other stuff that takes priorities.

Side note: Thanks for the plug-in to our blogspot as always :)
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch karyuudo on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:04 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Chromedome the leader of the Headmasters in the Japanese cartoon? Fort Max was the overall big cheese but Chromedome handled field command?

Gen. Hawk is to Duke as Fort Max is to Chromedome?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10

Postby Kurona » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:27 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Chromedome the leader of the Headmasters in the Japanese cartoon? Fort Max was the overall big cheese but Chromedome handled field command?

Gen. Hawk is to Duke as Fort Max is to Chromedome?

Yeah
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON