This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:52 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Agamemnon wrote:So, I was bumming that Legends Blurr is sold out everywhere. I have Hasbro's Blurr (which is awesome) so bummed not terribly so, but still.

Then I get a notice today from TFSource. I had forgotten I had, on impulse, grabbed him there while the preorder was still available. Here's my happy dance from getting the notification that he is in stock today and shipping soon... :DANCE:

Don't hesitate next time. Just get! ;)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

New Stock Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
With an update to the listing on the TakaraTomyMall website, we have some new images for the Transformers Legends Leader class Soundwave figure, in the Japanese deco and counterpart to the Titans Return line. As you can see from the images mirrored below, the Titan Master is made to look like Soundblaster, in its black and red scheme, carrying into the trademark red visor for Soundwave. Check out the machine translated info too!

Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave

Item Number : 4904810873877
Brand: Transformer
Maker : TOMY Company, Ltd
Package size: W250 × H230 × D90mm
Age Group: 5 years old
Selling price : ¥ 8,640
Release date : 2016 late December

Executive character sound wave of Destron that hugely character popular, emerged as a product to become a pair of Death Tron side as rival character was released Sound Blaster in September. Robot mode from the mobile players, can be three stages of deformation to the base mode, it can be stored the same month the launch of Jaguar, the condor to the chest.
Head master function in conjunction with the series of optional, position fixed due compatibility and micro pin of boarding play in a cross-head-on (head exchange coalescence) or vehicle, in conjunction with the item to be deformed to the base of the same series that play on the can, by aligning the Shirizu, spread play wide.

The contents of goods:

Body (1),
the head master (1),
weapons (1),
mobile vehicle (1),
connecting bridge (2),
Operating Instructions (1)

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:59 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
It does look like a good Soundwave. The mold works for me and the colors are nice too
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:04 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
After much consideration I've decided that this is the Soundwave I'm going to go for. I just hope the blue is closer to the first picture than the second.

(BTW these pictures aren't new, they've been up on HLJ, amiami and other sites for about a month now and were even newsed on this site already)
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:11 am

At least Soundwave has buttons on his radio mode. For some reason, it bugs the hell out of me that Blaster doesn't have any tape deck buttons.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:29 am

steals_your_goats wrote:(BTW these pictures aren't new, they've been up on HLJ, amiami and other sites for about a month now and were even newsed on this site already)

I know, I'm an idiot and was unable to successfully use the search tools this morning. Article updated!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Dr Va'al wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:(BTW these pictures aren't new, they've been up on HLJ, amiami and other sites for about a month now and were even newsed on this site already)

I know, I'm an idiot and was unable to successfully use the search tools this morning. Article updated!

Your not an idiot, you just have a ton of things to do and I am thankful you are there to relay news to us. What I find funny though is that the previous times those pics were newsed, it was done so by.... you :lol:

Cheers Dr :PEACE:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:44 am

william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

Your not an idiot, you just have a ton of things to do and I am thankful you are there to relay news to us. What I find funny though is that the previous times those pics were newsed, it was done so by.... you :lol:

Cheers Dr :PEACE:

Hence the idiocy. :HEADHURTS:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:48 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I'd like to take Takara's tape deck door, and put it on Hasbro's. That would be near perfect.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby camzilla51 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:28 am

RiddlerJ wrote:At least Soundwave has buttons on his radio mode. For some reason, it bugs the hell out of me that Blaster doesn't have any tape deck buttons.

Weeeeell, he does but they're not painted. Those four silver buttons on his g1 toy? They're now sculpted into the chest plate.

Transformers Titans Return Blaster Gallery

I'm making it a priority to eventually paint mine, but it will require a little bit of sanding from the top of his waist piece; those parts rub a little.
camzilla51
Mini-Con
Watch camzilla51 on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:17 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Yup, and Takara did paint theirs:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:14 pm

camzilla51 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:At least Soundwave has buttons on his radio mode. For some reason, it bugs the hell out of me that Blaster doesn't have any tape deck buttons.

Weeeeell, he does but they're not painted. Those four silver buttons on his g1 toy? They're now sculpted into the chest plate.

Transformers Titans Return Blaster Gallery

I'm making it a priority to eventually paint mine, but it will require a little bit of sanding from the top of his waist piece; those parts rub a little.

Yeah, I saw those and wondered if that's what they were going for, but they could've put markings (stop, play, etc) on them, or better yet on the hip guards which are grey like his buttons anyway. It just looked a little half-assed the way they did it.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Kurona » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
While of course the most obvious and arguably most prominent comparison is with TR Powermaster Optimus Prime, I'd be very interested to see a comparison between Legends Super Ginrai and CW/Legends Ultra Magnus once the former comes out. Considering that Ginrai is an extensive retool of Powermaster Prime which itself is an extensive retool of Magnus, I'd be curious as to what parts Ginrai and Magnus share if any at all, and if there's any similarities in their appearances beyond the basic skeleton and somewhat similar alt-modes. Depending on how it goes I think Magnus > Ginrai could possibly be argued as the most extensive retool we've ever gotten.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Kurona wrote:While of course the most obvious and arguably most prominent comparison is with TR Powermaster Optimus Prime, I'd be very interested to see a comparison between Legends Super Ginrai and CW/Legends Ultra Magnus once the former comes out. Considering that Ginrai is an extensive retool of Powermaster Prime which itself is an extensive retool of Magnus, I'd be curious as to what parts Ginrai and Magnus share if any at all, and if there's any similarities in their appearances beyond the basic skeleton and somewhat similar alt-modes. Depending on how it goes I think Magnus > Ginrai could possibly be argued as the most extensive retool we've ever gotten.

I'm almost tempted to call Ginrai and Magnus 2 completely different molds. The only thing they share are the thighs (not even the thigh piece where it attaches to the crotch). They really are the most extensive
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:51 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, following on from the other big news item in MP Grappple, TFSource has also revealed the first official images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain, as many expected, he differs from the Hasbro offering - but not by much, as he is only a few shades darker. So what do you make of this figure? Is this alternate deco enough to sway you towards the heftier price? Let us know what you think of him in the comments below.

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Painted. Shuttle. Cockpit! :michaelbay:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Shame he doesn't have any painted train wheels, that was the one thing I expected of TT :BANG_HEAD:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 pm

That is a pretty slick look right there
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:Shame he doesn't have any painted train wheels, that was the one thing I expected of TT :BANG_HEAD:
But his train wheels are supposed to be purple. Just as they were on both the original Hasbro toy and the e-HOBBY prototype-accurate reissue toy.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Shame he doesn't have any painted train wheels, that was the one thing I expected of TT :BANG_HEAD:
But his train wheels are supposed to be purple. Just as they were on both the original Hasbro toy and the e-HOBBY prototype-accurate reissue toy.

Sorry, that's not an acceptable excuse, I expected it from hasbro, but not TT - not interested [-(

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Sorry, that's not an acceptable excuse, I expected it from hasbro, but not TT - not interested [-(
Astrotrain has purple train wheels, both in the toys and the cartoon. It is (was?) customary for steam locomotives to have wheels in the same color as the main body. That's an extremely common thing with steam engines, and G1 Astrotrain was no exception.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Astrotrain has purple train wheels, both in the toys and the cartoon. It is (was?) customary for steam locomotives to have wheels in the same color as the main body. That's an extremely common thing with steam engines, and G1 Astrotrain was no exception.

But this mold has grey as the predominant color, so they could have gotten away with coloring them. So, essentially you're paying $25+ for a painted cockpit and a darker shade of grey, talk about a rip-off >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby durroth » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Now let's all take a moment to look at this thing again and realize that the wheel panels are molded in grey, and their sin apparently *is* painting the wheels.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:12 pm

durroth wrote:Now let's all take a moment to look at this thing again and realize that the wheel panels are in grey, and their sin apparently *is* painting the wheels.

The irony is smothering :HEADHURTS:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:16 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:But this mold has grey as the predominant color,
In train mode it looks to be about even between the two colors.

And now that it's been pointed out that the pieces the wheels are a part of are both gray plastic painted purple, that says to me that Takara attempted to add more purple to the train body since the original train was all purple, while at the same time maintaining the notion of the wheels being the same color as the part of the train body that they are attached to, just like on actual steam engines, the aforementioned toys, and the cartoon model.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #16 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 APR210348 16C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #68 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JUN230382 68C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM325 75D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #53 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 OCT220252 53E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr U FOC 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228346 8U"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #9 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 DEC200241 9A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #65 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 APR230317 65C (CA) Hans (W) Kirkman"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2021 SEP210773 2D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220628 10H"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #69 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JUN230385 69C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #70 Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0723IM414 70E (CA) Adams"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #48 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 AUG220255 48D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM351 80A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #38 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 MAR220279 38D (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON