This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Kurona wrote:Why do they keep referencing that thing :BANG_HEAD:

i think one of them is a perv. cough cough kiss players cough cough cough.
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Bumblebee21 wrote:

Maybe because Kiss Play is one of the greatest stories ever told
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Bumblebee21 wrote:

By the same illustrator, no less. Mind you, he's also done Metro Wars, Train Wars, and done line work for FunPub. And skirt hiking is seemingly considered "humorous" over there as it incidentally pops up in manga, anime, and the occasional live action series.

Don't look at me like that!
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Broadcast's transtector body mass shifts to the size of a Boombox?! Cool! :BOWDOWN:

Galvatron's transtector body functions by itself and treats the head like a soccer ball? Weird and not surprising. Galvatron is a looney as you can get.

All this references and retcons by Takara is really eerie yet fits.........as if they really planned the connections years ago.

Somewhat related,if that Megatronia combiner eventually becomes, which looks to be, canon in the JP continuity, Convoy dies after 7 days, Galvatron gets stasis lock and is thrown back into the Arctic then leads to Return of Convoy then leads to eventual Metrowars etc

Really eerie coincidental with the product background connections.(No wonder in one of the G2 comics a few years back, Broadcast was already in his G1 mode (i.e. red)..........enough to make your head spin and yet now makes sense.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:45 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

By the same illustrator, no less. Mind you, he's also done Metro Wars, Train Wars, and done line work for FunPub. And skirt hiking is seemingly considered "humorous" over there as it incidentally pops up in manga, anime, and the occasional live action series.

Don't look at me like that!

In other words, it's kinda cultural as I mentioned in Unite Warriors. This can be seen in anime since like Gatchaman (1972) (or even earlier Astroboy( not Tatsunoko) episodes and even religious Superbook where one of the boy characters are seen swimming nude which was eventually edited in later shows also by Tatsunoko) where you see Jun the Swan keeps getting gratuitous upskirt shots.

Why? Well JZGR says it all. :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Bronzewolf » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:37 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Seibertronians, our very own xRotorstormx is currently reporting directly from the Japanese convention Superfest. She's shared with us some exclusive additional pictures of LG-EX Convobat, along with his Ape-x drone. Check 'em out below and then tell us in the comments below: Do these additional images make you like the figure more or less? Will you be getting it when it comes out in December?

And, as always, keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Logan. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:38 am

Motto: "Our passions are life"
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Pistol
Nice comparison :D

Logan.
Headmaster
News Credits: 34

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:13 am

The Sentinel head looks really big on that body. I don't know, I like him but I don't think I $90 like him.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Professor Smooth » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:13 am

Yamato delivered Fort Max this afternoon.

I love the robot mode. The sculpting. The colors. And especially how well-articulated it is. Fort Max was my "white whale" for a very long time, and this updated version does it for me. It's a few bits of metal and some extra paint applications away from being a Masterpiece.

I also dig that TakaraTomy apparently went to the trouble and expense of getting Fortress' original Japanese voice actor to record lines for this release. That's both awesome *and* unnecessary, what with the lines just being lines from Headmasters. Plus, they tossed in the theme song, which is fun.

The box is neat, too. Puts the figure squarely in the Legends line, instead of using the Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors style that Hasbro's version used. Unless I missed it, the box wasn't even revealed until yesterday. If not for a chance click on another TF board, I wouldn't have known what the box looked like until I opened the massive shipping package from Amazon.

But it's not all sunshine and rainbows. There are a few (mostly minor) complaints I've got about LG-31.

The lack of accessories kind of hurts it. Not so much Cog, but having at least *one* of Max's trademark guns would have been nice. This bad boy retails for 28,000 yen. Would it really have broken the bank to throw in an extra stationary bit of plastic?

The alternate modes aren't as, let's say "convincing", as the original. While I outright applaud them for making a giant Transformer that kids could conceivably have fun with (a nice contrast w/ Titans Return/UW Devy), the alt modes just don't do much for me. Which, really, is fine, since I display my TFs in bot mode, anyway.

So, yeah. Nice figure. Could be nicer, but what figure couldn't. Worth the 18,000 yen Amazon charged. Not sure I'd be in for the 28,000 MSRP. But I'm happy with it.

Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby Logan. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:32 am

Motto: "Our passions are life"
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Pistol
The Real Last Knight (@singgg4 on twitter)

Logan.
Headmaster
News Credits: 34

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

By the same illustrator, no less.
But, that was Yuki Ohshima who did Kiss Players and 15 Go! Go!. This is Hayato Sakamoto doing these Legends manga.

Bronzewolf wrote:Seibertronians, our very own xRotorstormx is currently reporting directly from the Japanese convention Superfest. She's shared with us some exclusive additional pictures of LG-EX Convobat, along with his Ape-x drone. Check 'em out below and then tell us in the comments below: Do these additional images make you like the figure more or less? Will you be getting it when it comes out in December?
Surprised to see this in the main Legends thread instead of Convobat's own thread. Still cool.

Professor Smooth wrote:The lack of accessories kind of hurts it. Not so much Cog, but having at least *one* of Max's trademark guns would have been nice. This bad boy retails for 28,000 yen. Would it really have broken the bank to throw in an extra stationary bit of plastic?
The same applies to the Hasbro versions. No gun for any Fort Max. Though, it may not sting as much for the Takara version as far as Japan is concerned since Fort Max in Japan was never a gun wielder in The Headmasters cartoon, as he was only ever strictly a sword wielding bot. He never used a gun in the cartoon.

Professor Smooth wrote:The alternate modes aren't as, let's say "convincing", as the original. While I outright applaud them for making a giant Transformer that kids could conceivably have fun with (a nice contrast w/ Titans Return/UW Devy), the alt modes just don't do much for me. Which, really, is fine, since I display my TFs in bot mode, anyway.
For Japan, they've justified the new altmodes as the larger body is a new construct altogether, with the Battleship Mode being similar to the original and the City Mode now replaced with a Fortress Mode.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Professor Smooth » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:22 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Professor Smooth wrote:The lack of accessories kind of hurts it. Not so much Cog, but having at least *one* of Max's trademark guns would have been nice. This bad boy retails for 28,000 yen. Would it really have broken the bank to throw in an extra stationary bit of plastic?
The same applies to the Hasbro versions. No gun for any Fort Max. Though, it may not sting as much for the Takara version as far as Japan is concerned since Fort Max in Japan was never a gun wielder in The Headmasters cartoon, as he was only ever strictly a sword wielding bot. He never used a gun in the cartoon.

True. As is their way, TakaraTomy went for animation accuracy before anything else. Which is understandable. Still, it'd have been nice to have those cannons, even if just to spice up the different alt modes.
Sabrblade wrote:
Professor Smooth wrote:The alternate modes aren't as, let's say "convincing", as the original. While I outright applaud them for making a giant Transformer that kids could conceivably have fun with (a nice contrast w/ Titans Return/UW Devy), the alt modes just don't do much for me. Which, really, is fine, since I display my TFs in bot mode, anyway.
For Japan, they've justified the new altmodes as the larger body is a new construct altogether, with the Battleship Mode being similar to the original and the City Mode now replaced with a Fortress Mode.

I do appreciate TakaraTomy going to such lengths to explain away the discrepancy. They do good work.
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 am

Oh snap! It just hit me that Takara is treating the Base Mode of Blaster's toy as a Zone Mode! That's awesome!

Zone Modes were what the Base Modes of the Powered Masters (Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire) from Transformers: Zone were called. They could harness the power of the Zodiac energy and channel it into an extremely powerful energy blast. And when all of the Micromaster bases were all hooked up together on Planet Micro (then renamed Planet Zone), the combined base formation was referred to as the Zone Base.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:03 am

What's the story behind Scourge's Hun-Gurrr impersonation?

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:05 am

Cyberpath wrote:What's the story behind Scourge's Hun-Gurrr impersonation?
Nothing too fancy. Just that the Zodiac he was wearing somehow turned him into a two-headed monster.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:What's the story behind Scourge's Hun-Gurrr impersonation?
Nothing too fancy. Just that the Zodiac he was wearing somehow turned him into a two-headed monster.

It reminds me of Deluxe Prime, they gave him Hun-grrry feet.

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Images of the Comics Included with Takara Transformers Legends Blaster, Wheelie, Weirdwolf and Rewin

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have every comics page from this month's release of Takara Transformers Legends line. These figures include LG27 Blaster (Braodcast), LG28 Rewind, LG29 Wheelie and LG30 Weirdwolf. These come from Twitter user aonoseijakujp1 and have a ton of detail for hardcore fans. You can also see the tech sheets for the figures/characters and the art that comes with these toys.

Feel free to let us know if you find any interesting tidbits within these pages.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Heh, turns out Weirdwolf's new Transtector is alive, behaving like a big animal pet. Its name is "Wolnosuke", a portmanteau of the word "wolf" and the Japanese name particle "-nosuke".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Hm, Road-Rage is slightly more busty than I remember. ;)
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
SillySpringer wrote:Hm, Road-Rage is slightly more busty than I remember. ;)

Um, where did you see Roadrage?
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Top panel:

DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:Heh, turns out Weirdwolf's new Transtector is alive, behaving like a big animal pet. Its name is "Wolnosuke", a portmanteau of the word "wolf" and the Japanese name particle "-nosuke".

It's more of a nickname, really... nothing official.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
This looks great!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:30 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Top panel:

Oh bewbs :roll: Stop the presses!

Anyways, Scourge always gets an allergy attack when he gets close to a super charged power source.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #7 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220899 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #7 var Mi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #35 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211222 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #35 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #1 var Deadpool Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Liefeld 240415C"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #1 var De ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var Last Days Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230814 (CA) Lee (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #10 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230952 (CA) Saiz (W) Aaron (A) Saiz + Azaceta"
PUNISHER #10 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 var Marvel Comics JUN230944 Texeira"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #4 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230851 (CA) Giangiordano (W)Phillips"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220856 (CA) Giangiordano"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #15 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 JUL220879 (CA) Shalvey"
MOON KNIGHT #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var headshot Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220857 (CA) Nauck"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var 1:50 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230650 (CA) Leirix"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220796 (CA) Klein (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN230890 (CA) Lee"
MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #10 var Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221094 (CA) Panosian (W)Percy (A)Smith"
GHOST RIDER #10 va ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON