This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Ironhidensh wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:Got my Ginrai in the mail! Stoked for this figure.

I'm trying real hard to resist buying this bad boy now and wait for a good sale. I may be loosing this battle.

Well seeing as he's sold out everywhere I doubt you'll find a sale.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby steals_your_goats » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:The hasbro mindwipe can open his bat jaw too. Not very much but enough. I'd be surprised if Takara took that out.

I dont think they did. Cyberpath, would you mind checking again if you can move the mouth, you really should be able to.

I have the legends version and he can open his mouth
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
steals_your_goats wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

I'm trying real hard to resist buying this bad boy now and wait for a good sale. I may be loosing this battle.

I might have to wait a looooong time, but Takara legends always go on sale eventually. HLJ or ebay will come through at some point.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Wipe's mouth in bat mode can be opened and closed.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:08 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

For such an ugly toy. Expect Godbomber to sell out quickly.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword

DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:50 am

Why the Highbrow mold is buggy.

Everyone by now must have noticed that Highbrow flops when in head mode. Yet in either cybedroid/titanmaster mode, their tiny necks are tight. So why does it flop? At first glance, we see the clamp that holds the head/neck is too loose.

Some have suggested heating the clamp with the hair dryer or adding some plastic strips to tighten the gap.Temporary fixes in general.

But after analyzing the transform mode, I noticed that it's a design flaw "again". The clamp that holds the head also holds the peg of the backpack/cockpit. So in order to catch the peg, the clamp was designed with it sticking out unlike the other Headmasters. Also, the peg behind the cockpit is much bigger that the heads/neck of the headmasters. Hence the clamp is loose due to the size difference.

Takara/Hasbro should have shrunk the peg behind the cockpit to be the same width as the headmaster's heads/neck and lengthened it so that the clamp would not stick out of the shoulders (or just followed the original G1 design)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 am

william-james88 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:The hasbro mindwipe can open his bat jaw too. Not very much but enough. I'd be surprised if Takara took that out.

I dont think they did. Cyberpath, would you mind checking again if you can move the mouth, you really should be able to.

Yeah, it's working now.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Scans of COmics for Legends Chromedome, Highbrow and Mindwipe

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:07 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath recieved the new Legends figures, LG 32, 33 and 34 which are Chromedome, Highbrow and Mindwipe and has scanned the comics that come with them. As always there are a ton of easter eggs, let us know what you find!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Video Review of Takara Legends Soundwave and Pictorial Review of Legends Mindwipe

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 am

Fellow Seibertronians Cyberpath and Silly Springer have some goodies for us. Cyberpath has done a pictorial review of Mindwipe, pointing out some fun playability not discussed yet. We added images from our Seibertron gallery to show the difference between the Takara and Hasbro version. But first, we also have a video review of Legends Soundwave which compares both versions of the toy.

SillySpringer wrote:

Cyberpath wrote:LG34 Mindwipe -- some first impressions.

Face-sculpt is really nice. Spot-on and looks kind of evil. I appreciate Takara not "settling" for Hasbro's sculpt (which was already pretty close) and taking this extra step.

First off he passes the "can hold his gun with two hands" test.

Legs are clunky but are kind of like Megatron's from the side, which is rather nice.

Transformation felt simplistic the first time, but I appreciated it more when I had transformed him back to bat, without the instructions. I like how the large red bat wings become purple legs in robot mode. And he still has proportional wings as a robot.

Except for Skullcruncher maybe, the Titans Return figures have such innovative, MP-like, transformation steps.

The lack of ankle tilt on these guys though makes it difficult to balance them on one leg, like a running pose. Because they're molded in an angle.

I don't understand or particularly care for the use of rubber. Does anyone know how to twist rubber into the proper shape/angle?

A little disappointed that you can't give him a half-beast half-man mode like Skullcruncher & Weirdwolf; but on the other hand HasTak made this very easy --

Bat mode in the cartoon was cooler looking. But I still like it. And how Vorath can tab to his back like in Rebirth.

I don't like the wrong colour limbs on Vorath though, bought some paint to fix it, I might.

Mindwipe has less articulation than Skull & Wolf in beast-mode.

The pilot hatch reminds me of the transtectors of the Destron Headmaster Juniors from the "Masterforce" cartoon.

But hands down, the coolest feature in LG34 is the mind-control abilities.. I don't know how Takara did it, but it's really neat!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:57 am

Am I the only one who MUCH preffers the Hasbro version of Soundwave. I love the shoulder detail and how the central tape section is emphasised.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Takara Mindwipe looks better in colour scheme thna Hasbro's but it makes those hinges in the wings much more noticable in bat mode. Those legs still look pretty bad and overall I've never been fond of G1 Mindwipe's design (blocky robot with halloween costume wings) but it looks a decent figure for those who like the G1 design.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby prjkt » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
william-james88 wrote:Am I the only one who MUCH preffers the Hasbro version of Soundwave. I love the shoulder detail and how the central tape section is emphasised.

I prefer Takara's tape door, yet Hasbro's shoulders have the painted detail... ultimate version would be a mix/match.

On the fence about the colour of his visor though... toy and comic accurate Hasbro or cartoon accurate Takara... oh well I guess when Hasbro MP Soundwave shows up I'll have my yellow visor fix there.

Edit: btw, if anyone wants toy accurate red eyes for PMOP/LG Ginrai, LG Soundwave's Titan Master's visor lines up perfectly
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Railbomb » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
prjkt wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Am I the only one who MUCH preffers the Hasbro version of Soundwave. I love the shoulder detail and how the central tape section is emphasised.

I prefer Takara's tape door, yet Hasbro's shoulders have the painted detail... ultimate version would be a mix/match.

On the fence about the colour of his visor though... toy and comic accurate Hasbro or cartoon accurate Takara... oh well I guess when Hasbro MP Soundwave shows up I'll have my yellow visor fix there.

Edit: btw, if anyone wants toy accurate red eyes for PMOP/LG Ginrai, LG Soundwave's Titan Master's visor lines up perfectly

I've been using Clobber for red eyes on PMOP. The eye is small enough on him that you get that darkened helmet look that he sometimes had in the comics. Plus, Clobber is only $5.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Why not insert a poll on SW?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Re: Video Review of Takara Legends Soundwave and Pictorial Review of Legends Mindwipe

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Seeing them together like this I like the Takara version ever more. The bat head in Hasbro's version doesn't correspond with its almost entirely purple body.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Hero Alpha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Railbomb wrote:
prjkt wrote:

I've been using Clobber for red eyes on PMOP. The eye is small enough on him that you get that darkened helmet look that he sometimes had in the comics. Plus, Clobber is only $5.

Those eyes/face looks really sweet, like it with the comic shadows. I much prefer Takara Mindwipe, however I got Hasbro one because if price. If it is a character I really like then I go Takara. Mindwipe is very close but so far I have fought the temptation.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Insurgent » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:41 pm

For Vorath holding onto Mindwipe's head, is that just his hands plugged into his head, or has something folded out for him to stand on as well?
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Some thoughts about LG32 Chromedome...

Cool robot-mode. I like that he can pull off the heroic cartoon pose with the knees slightly arched back.

Face-sculpt is great.. faithful to the Japanese series. I'm a fan of "Rebirth" though; and Hasbro's sculpt feels closer to that. It's fine since both versions have faceplates (and even in the American series there were several characters with two head designs.)

I went with Takara partly because of the arguably nicer colours of the body.

Wish he had twin guns instead of the seat-gun, or in addition to it. Like the original toy and cartoon. The gun doesn't look much like either.

But the tank mode is pretty nifty.

Because of his chest he can hold his gun with two hands only like this, but it doesn't look too bad --

Transformation is fun and cool, my favourite part is the leg panels. Nice one.

The car mode is great, better than I expected actually. Love the golden rims!

But the coolest part is the driver's cabin. Yes, all the TR figures have this, but somehow it's the best in the car because it's a very basic Transformer/Autobot mode. And also the hatch is so luxurious. ;)

His little drone buddy thing, Moguru, also has some swanky paint. That gold application on the drill is nice.

I like the canopy and those sculpted wheel details on the sides.

I like LG32 more than I had expected. And the chocolate / white chocolate colour scheme is rather neat.

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Insurgent wrote:For Vorath holding onto Mindwipe's head, is that just his hands plugged into his head, or has something folded out for him to stand on as well?
Arms plugged to the back of the bat's head.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Insurgent » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Cyberpath wrote:
Insurgent wrote:For Vorath holding onto Mindwipe's head, is that just his hands plugged into his head, or has something folded out for him to stand on as well?
Arms plugged to the back of the bat's head.

cheers
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Great photos as always Cyberpath!! Makes me wish I just went for the Takara versions all along.. :-(
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks! Takara takes longer to release though..
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Cyberpath wrote:Thanks! Takara takes longer to release though..
My ninja patience level is low. Ask Cobotron :lol: :lol:
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Vorath (Wipe) combined with Skullcruncher's Batora. And Grax (Skull) with Mindwipe's Servant.

Wonder why they didn't make Skullcruncher's drone in his colour scheme, like how it is with all the other releases.

And.. Tankette & Moguru as combiner legs.. :P

itscramtastic wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Thanks! Takara takes longer to release though..
My ninja patience level is low. Ask Cobotron :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Cyberpath
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON