This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Katsu...........DON?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
fenrir72 wrote:Katsu...........DON?
The guy from the G1 episode "The Face of Nijika". His name's a pun.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Katsu...........DON?
The guy from the G1 episode "The Face of Nijika". His name's a pun.

If he was a gurl I'd have her for lunch :lol:(misspell intentional)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Takara Transformers Legends Line Continues with LG 43 Trypticon

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
With only a couple of revealed toys left to be released in the Takara Transformers Legends line, fans were wondering when we would get new reveals or if Takara would retire the line and release toys under a new line. Well, we finally have an indication that the line will continue. A listing on Action Robo's facebook page shows us that the next release is LG 43 Trypticon. Trypticon is listed with an MSRP of 25000 yen, which is the same price point as the previous Titan figures released in Japan. So expect this figure to be sold for about 18700 Yen ($170 USD) at Japanese stores and closer to his MSRP ($225 USD) at importers.

Action Robo also states that the release date is end of August,2017.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Well, wasn't expecting this so soon. Is there a release date?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 am

Sigma Magnus wrote:Well, wasn't expecting this so soon. Is there a release date?

End of august, same as Hasbro.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Then if nothing is being released before Trypticon - which his numbering would indicate - then this indeed seems to confirm the idea that they're taking a break to sell the movie toys instead.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby megatronus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:06 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Preorder's already up at BBTS.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:08 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
If this thing got a Brunt i'll go "MUAHAHAHA" :twisted: :CON: :CON:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 am

Albatross250 wrote:If this thing got a Brunt i'll go "MUAHAHAHA" :twisted: :CON: :CON:

I wouldn't count on it - Metroplex and Fort Max didn't get any other partners compared to their Hasbro versions, after all.

Funny thing actually; while Takara hasn't added any partners to Titans, all three of their Titan releases so far have added extra weapons... :-?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby dragons » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 am

Awaiting to see if Takara will look better or bad to hasbro version be good bonus if Takara made tank go with him to store in histomach in trex mode
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Kurona wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:If this thing got a Brunt i'll go "MUAHAHAHA" :twisted: :CON: :CON:

I wouldn't count on it - Metroplex and Fort Max didn't get any other partners compared to their Hasbro versions, after all.

Funny thing actually; while Takara hasn't added any partners to Titans, all three of their Titan releases so far have added extra weapons... :-?

Metroplex got Scamper (in Takara and Hasbro)
Fort Max....uhhh... Master sword and ...err... couldn't remember :BOOM:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Skill: 7

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 am

Sigma Magnus wrote:Well, wasn't expecting this so soon. Is there a release date?

My sentiments exactly since we still haven't gotten confirmation of a LG Sixshot, Overlord or if they're even going to make their own version of Liokaiser.

I did break down and eventually grab their version of Devastator but that wasn't until the price dropped about 30% on BBTS.

But as far as Trypticon goes. If he's not some how taller with a longer tail and darker grey, Takara can keep their version this time around.
Last edited by YoungPrime on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 am

Albatross250 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Metroplex got Scamper (in Takara and Hasbro)
Fort Max....uhhh... Master sword and ...err... couldn't remember :BOOM:

Takara had extra weapons in their releases thats it. Smaller partners were present in both hasbro and takara versions.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:43 am

YoungPrime wrote:or if they're even going to make their own version of Liokaiser.

The Unite Warriors line is over, and all has been revealed for that line.

I see no difference between this and people hoping to see the hasbro version of Galvatronus in a boxset getting released. Both are as likely.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:45 am

I still most certainly see Sixshot, Overlord, Hot Rod and all the rest of the molds being released by Takara eventually. Again, this release date just seems to indicate to me that they're suspending their Legends line for a bit in order to focus on the Movie product.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:02 am

Kurona wrote:Then if nothing is being released before Trypticon - which his numbering would indicate - then this indeed seems to confirm the idea that they're taking a break to sell the movie toys instead.

Which basically means that my wallet will be taking a break then since that movie crap means nothing to me.

Or perhaps I'll buy that Megatronia set (or whatever she's called) if it drops down about 50%.

Didn't mind the idea of having a Decepticon fembot combiner set but "No Way" was I ever paying almost $200.00 for a re-re-repaint of what was initially Defensor 3 repaints ago.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby kurthy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
YoungPrime wrote:
Kurona wrote:Then if nothing is being released before Trypticon - which his numbering would indicate - then this indeed seems to confirm the idea that they're taking a break to sell the movie toys instead.

Which basically means that my wallet will be taking a break then since that movie crap means nothing to me.

Or perhaps I'll buy that Megatronia set (or whatever she's called) if it drops down about 50%.

Didn't mind the idea of having a Decepticon fembot combiner set but "No Way" was I ever paying almost $200.00 for a re-re-repaint of what was initially Defensor 3 repaints ago.

My wallet is thankful! I only need to pay for the last two club payments and Godbomber. Then I can go back and choose things that I passed on like MPs and Liokaiser.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Skill: ???

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 am

william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:or if they're even going to make their own version of Liokaiser.

I see no difference between this and people hoping to see the hasbro version of Galvatronus in a boxset getting released. Both are as likely.

I couldn't care less about Galvatronus. A United Warriors Liokaiser set "DONE RIGHT" would be more plausible but if Takara doesn't think so then that's their lo$$...
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Kurona wrote:

They could've just included some repainted titan master vehicles as Brunt, Gasket and Grommet. Weird that they included them with the Deluxes but not the Titan size.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 pm

YoungPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I couldn't care less about Galvatronus. A United Warriors Liokaiser set "DONE RIGHT" would be more plausible but if Takara doesn't think so then that's their lo$$...

You are looking at this the wrong way. The cost to make a totally new combiner system with the two deluxes for a mid section and CW compatibility would be very high since there would be 0 Hasbro backing (unlike say, the new tooling for legends Leader Prime). They have a smaller market, so doing all this new stuff just for one toy could not be worth it for them.

Anyways, we already know its not happening, the line is declared over.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby DeathReviews » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
F'eh - I care nothing for the movie toys. Push THOSE to the back of the line and get Trypticon out faster.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm

DeathReviews wrote:F'eh - I care nothing for the movie toys. Push THOSE to the back of the line and get Trypticon out faster.

Gives your wallet a chance to breathe :)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby RAR » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:49 pm

DeathReviews wrote:F'eh - I care nothing for the movie toys. Push THOSE to the back of the line and get Trypticon out faster.

So I guess that means you will be buying Funko Pops then for a while ?

You might want to consider buying the "NEW" (<- Note the Quotes) TLK Legion Bumblebee to review simply to rant the heck out of the fact that Hasbro is so cheap that they have reissued the ROTF Legion (not even the slightly better AOE one but the ROTF one !!!)

That is crazy - I have this cynical idea that they are holding off on making some decent Bumblebee's this time so they can flood the market with yellow toys when the Bumblebee Movie comes out.

If they get to The BB Movie and they still have not made a nicer 1970's Bee I will be irked - and that applies to Deluxe and Legion both.

---

As for the Legends Brand - I wouldn't be surprised if they give it a new name and begin re-numbering as that is an excuse they can use to release repaints some times - if they put them in another line.

I'm guessing The Black Convoy is going to be Legends affiliated even if it's un-numbered and so might any future Millionare Publishing & E-Hobby items that get made too.

As I have speculated before it would make an awful lot of sense to release a new E-Hobby Fire Guts God Ginrai toy.

I can speculate though - as with the transition from Henkei / United and Legends and all that sat in the middle of that they shoved in some Animated and Prime toys too as filler (heck I'd still welcome a Blue Prime Smokescreen Deluxe and Black Bumblebee Deluxe using the FE or RID-12 Moulds). but I can see Takara perhaps leaning towards another semi- G1 related line concept as they'd quite likely want to find a home for things like the Clones from the Boxed sets (since they are new moulds). I don't think they'd want to get into the 60's in the numbering which is where they will be pretty soon if they carry on with the Legends Numbering... at least they seem to like to reset the numbers quite often.

I suspect the reason they do that as they'd want to make whatever new Optimus or similar is due but they'd not want to keep churning them out under the same brand name.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Deadput » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

Not even for that bad ass Voyager Scorn?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON