This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Deadput wrote:Then why not just make it grey-brown instead of you know poop brown?

If your poop is tan colored like that, I think you should see your doctor.

The real mystery is with the pastel color Takara always thinks suits Galvatron, which matches neither the toy nor his on-screen appearance, yet it persists from toy to toy of him.

That one I understand. I dont like it, but I get it.

While this is how I tend to remember Galvatron...

... there are tons of times when he looks pastel in the cartoon. Its for lighting effects, and it works when the character is in motion. But for some reason Takara has taken it to mean that he is pastel when inreality its only the parts that are hit by light that are pastel. IN any case, this is what they see and the colour they choose to give him:

And same goes for their cyclonus of course

Lighting effects still don't explain or excuse choices like this:

or this:

Something like this is acceptable:

(Remember, I'm talking about the color choices, not the mold.)

The more saturated shade of tan on Takara's Hardhead isn't so far off from the animation model and actually matches the increase in color saturation elsewhere on the figure, especially the greens and yellows. The cartoon models always looked rather washed out, anyway. But Takara's choices with Galvatron's colors continue to be baffling.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Got my Lio Prime in Monday. I did a Thread on this, but one of ny first thoughts when ai saw the figure was Botcon's DoFP, and wondered what he would look like with them. Here's a few Highlights:

Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:12 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Image *weeps at the loss of his still-unrecovered BotCon 2006 set* Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Image *weeps at the loss of his still-unrecovered BotCon 2006 set* Image

Not a fate I would wish for..........for anybody :(
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

LG43 manga

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 am

Source: http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2017/03/web.html

It starts with the Scramble City Trypticon design.

The miscoloured Longhaul is from Five Faces of Darkness when Sunbow's Trypticon was created from a human city.

     
Attachments
longhaul.jpg
longhaul.jpg (123.88 KiB) Viewed 8298 times
LG43-pg1.jpg
LG43-pg2.jpg
LG43-pg3.jpg
LG43-pg4.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Va'al » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has kept eyes on the Takara Tomy page for the upcoming Transformers Legends LG-43 Trypticon, and lo! We have a new online comic in the Legends series! The five pages available so far are in Japanese, though a translation is sure to follow soon, and can be read in their entirety below, and feature the likes of Galvatron, Swerve, Wipe-Out, Nekro, and chibi Tarantulas. Check them out!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:51 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
That's some vibrant colours on the figure in the photo at the start. I'm hoping that's the actual Legends figure and not just photoshopping.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:56 am

There's a scene in the manga that seems to directly link it to Scramble City and Galvatron II's appearance in th UW manga. Also, this may be the reason why Metroflex was rendered offline for nearly 20 years (?) Or at least until Megatron invaded and drove off the Autobots from Cybertron just before the 1986 Movie.

Also, the cost might go even lower at 25,000Y from Amiami's tentative 27,000Y price.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Albatross250 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Now it's been years since Metrotitan just appeared in the Legends Manga :lol: :shock: :CON:
This feels me weird, are they making a Metrotitan soon? :D
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Insurgent » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 am

What vapourises Trypticon and Galvatron? I can't work out what that blast is from.

And.... is Trypticon trying to rip out Metroplex's spark chamber with his teeth???? :shock: :shock: :shock: That's hardcore!
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Emerje » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:56 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
fenrir72 wrote:Also, the cost might go even lower at 25,000Y from Amiami's tentative 27,000Y price.

The price won't change, 25,000 JPY is the MSRP, 27,000 JPY is the price with an 8% sales tax. The tax isn't supposed to be charged on exports and some shops in Tokyo like Mandarake even have duty free counters for tourists. This is why I said before that AmiAmi's discounts are misleading because they always list at the taxed price and 8% of what they're saying you're saving is the sales tax you don't have to pay anyway.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 am

It's the blue Long Haul (tee hee) :-D
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Sarahthecutevixen » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

Motto: "Violence isn't the answer, it's the question. The answer is yes."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Insurgent wrote:What vapourises Trypticon and Galvatron? I can't work out what that blast is from.

And.... is Trypticon trying to rip out Metroplex's spark chamber with his teeth???? :shock: :shock: :shock: That's hardcore!

Ohh in headmasters Metroplex can shoot a blast from the circle on his chest kind of like Ironman's Unibeam,
Sarahthecutevixen
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Draconian feline
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:27 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Hehe

Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:46 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fenrir72 wrote:Also, the cost might go even lower at 25,000Y from Amiami's tentative 27,000Y price.

Thats because Amiami includes regional taxes, which other online stores do not. His price was always 25,000Y.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

Ohh oohhhhh, Sakamoto, you madman! We should have seen this coming. You hinted at its coming in the UW manga, and yet here it is and we never saw it coming. You are some kind of mad genius!

Anyway, looks like we finally get the long-awaited follow up to Scramble City, showing the fight between Metroplex and the original "Dainozauraa" Trypticon, who rips out not Metroplex's spark but his "Transform Cog" (as it's called here). Galvatron II's presence was previously explained in the second Baldigus comic in that he time traveled back from the post-G2 era into the late 1980s, where he was given command over the original Trypticon by Megatron. And now we see here that he was there in Scramble City all along, just offscreen, when Trypticon rose from the sea. Plus, his presence there could also be seen as a homage to the toys version of Scramble City in which toy Galvatron made an appearance alongside the other Decepticons (including Megatron).

It looks like Metroplex utterly annihilated both "Dainozauraa" Trypticon and Galvatron II with his "Projector" attack, which Optimus begged him not to use for some reason (maybe the Projector was too powerful to use and it ended up wrecking Metroplex too, my guess). Dirge and Thrust survey the wreckage and manage to salvage Full-Tilt, whom Thrust describes as Trypticon's "black box".

Then in 2010 (as that's when season 3 took place in Japan, instead of during 2005-2006), the still-living Full-Tilt provides the backup data of the original "Dainozauraa" Trypticon and, once the Constructicons create the new "Dainazauraa" Trypticon, Full-Tilt inputs the backup data and downloads it into the new Trypticon.

Later still, in the year 2015 (so, set after The Headmasters in 2011 but before all the 2021 stuff from both the Unite Warriors comics and the new Headmasters/Masterforce-related Legends comics), the dreams that Legends Rattrap has in which he meets Swerve and Tailgate take place. Only now it seems that they weren't really dreams at all, but that somehow Rattrap was projected into the main cartoon universe via his dream. And once again, Full-Tilt is recovered from Trypticon's defeat in this era.

And then we cut even further to Trypticon's most recent death by the power of the Zodiac used by Dai Atlas' and Sonic Bomber's Zone Modes from the single Zone episode. It seems that Full-Tilt wasn't attached to Trypticon when this happened, as Full-Tilt isn't visibly present on Trypticon's Zone character model. As such, the Metro Squad get a hold of Full-Tilt's "Personal Component" (as it's called here) and are able to turn the component itself into a new body of Full-Tilt, explaining how he got tiny for his new Headmaster toy.

In the Legends Universe, Weirdwolf seems to be saying stuff about Trypticon, Megatron, Metroplex, and MegaZarak to Tarantulas, and then uses Alpha Trion's Ultra-drill to bring Full-Tilt into the Legends world, where a new Transtector has been prepared for him.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 am

Like Brawl's personality component in B.O.T.

     
Attachments
PersonalityComponent.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:50 am

Minor corrections on my part.

It has been pointed out to me that it seems Full-Tilt was part of Trypticon during Zone, just fully integrated within him. And that we see his personality component being salvaged from that battle.

And the reason Weirdwolf brings Full-Tilt to the Legends world is because Weirdwolf and his pals want their own headquarters for their splinter company, and need Full-Tilt so they can rebuild Trypticon as their new building.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby BERSEKAEL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 pm

so trypticon is 45 cm only? thats 6" shorter than metroplex... :-x BIG PASS
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Insurgent wrote:What vapourises Trypticon and Galvatron? I can't work out what that blast is from.

I think that was the sphere like thing in Metroflex's chest that blew them both. Also, there seems to be another incarnation of Dinosaurer as one of those "demon generals" of Violenjiger who gets blasted by a canon too.

This really needs an english translation.

Also, seems like this time, after nearly 30 years, Full Tilt gets the spotlight!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Thats because Amiami includes regional taxes, which other online stores do not. His price was always 25,000Y.

Do not?

Their online full price cost is 27000Y no denying. The JP advertisement has the 25000Y tag. I mentioned it was probaly tentative. They even made some posting snafu of 30% off which they paired down to 27% off and clarified thanks to yours truly. Still. their pre order prices are still cheaper.......though this shouldn't be the forum for the price wars discussion as all I mentioned was the info in the add.
Attachments
hs.jpg
hlj.jpg
ami.jpg
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:51 pm

BERSEKAEL wrote:so trypticon is 45 cm only? thats 6" shorter than metroplex... :-x BIG PASS

It's not the SIZE or "length" but how you use an "instrument of destruction" that matters right? ;)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Kurona wrote:Hehe

First impressions that is. He hasn't actually seen the final product didn't he?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
fenrir72 wrote:Their online full price cost is 27000Y no denying. The JP advertisement has the 25000Y tag.

Well yay for me ordering it right away!

Transformers Legends LG43 Trypticon(Provisional Pre-order)
Unit price 18,840 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 18,840 JPY
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fenrir, please quit it with the misinformation. as many said, only amiami has a full price of 27000 yen because they charge tax upfront for everyone.
As your photos proved, everybody else shows a full msrp of 25000 yen, which is the official price confirmed by Takara.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #734 Superman DC Comics 1997 (CA) Grummett 200610A"
ACTION COMICS #734 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr E DC Comics 2023 0423DC200 1073E (CA) Woods"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #80 V5 YOTV Doom Rising DC Comics 2019 (ca) Paquette AUG190568"
WONDER WOMAN #80 V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #4 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0623DC172 4E (CA) Anacleto"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #799 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jock (W) Gabrych + McCarthy 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0124DC001 145A (A/CA) Jimenez (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #2 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC018 2D (CA) Schmidt"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233234 1053C (CA) Weeks"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #1 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC022 1A (CA) Di Meo"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr I DC Comics 2023 DEC222891 1I (CA) Mattina (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC079 1055A (CA) Fiumara"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 54C (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223375 131A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez 231117B"
BATMAN #131 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC043 5B (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON