This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I'd really like to get Hot rod and Kup but I don't know if I'm willing to spend $80 on two deluxes for cartoon paint and Titan master vehicles I already own and are in a box somewhere because the mini vehicles do nothing for me.

I already have three Gnaws and three TR scourge figures as sweeps so that doesn't wow in the slightest.

I'm gonna gamble and wait for photos. Kup is really one I say "Titans Return in is fine, I like toy colors." But Hot Rod, it's gotta be the magenta colors to sell me. Usually they don't do that but the they did with MP hot rod. If it's magenta I'll snag one if the preorders don't sell out.
Preorder now, and when pics come out before the release date, if the figures' decos aren't to your liking, cancel them post haste.

Or order them from somewhere that actualy buys them directly from Takara so you buy them at their actual price.

I have done that but sometime it makes zero difference. Originally I preordered Ginrai and with the import shipping it was gonna cost me $115 so I just went with bbts and cost me $110. Same with my united computron and that awful Second chance shockwave figure. I ended up paying $10-15 more with the shippinng going with over seas site than just going with the local sites for both of them
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I'd really like to get Hot rod and Kup but I don't know if I'm willing to spend $80 on two deluxes for cartoon paint and Titan master vehicles I already own and are in a box somewhere because the mini vehicles do nothing for me.

I already have three Gnaws and three TR scourge figures as sweeps so that doesn't wow in the slightest.

I'm gonna gamble and wait for photos. Kup is really one I say "Titans Return in is fine, I like toy colors." But Hot Rod, it's gotta be the magenta colors to sell me. Usually they don't do that but the they did with MP hot rod. If it's magenta I'll snag one if the preorders don't sell out.
Preorder now, and when pics come out before the release date, if the figures' decos aren't to your liking, cancel them post haste.

Or order them from somewhere that actualy buys them directly from Takara so you buy them at their actual price.

I have done that but sometime it makes zero difference. Originally I preordered Ginrai and with the import shipping it was gonna cost me $115 so I just went with bbts and cost me $110. Same with my united computron and that awful Second chance shockwave figure. I ended up paying $10-15 more with the shippinng going with over seas site than just going with the local sites for both of them

Are you U.S based? Because I imported Ginrai from amiami and it cost $180 shipped for him, Soundwave and brainstorm
Last edited by steals_your_goats on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

There are lots of factors to consider. Those were big boxes and shipped individually, right? Plus, does your difference incorporate the shipping it would have cost from BBTS to you? Did you pick EMS, the more expensive shipping option? Where are you located? I havent heard of anyone US based which ended up paying more for Ginrai by importing. Plus there may have been a currency factor involved too. You have to check it all out to make sure you get the best deal. Like MP cheetor. He was so light that the cheaper shipping option was very little and thus the savings were huge.

In this case, these are deluxes. They will be 3,130 JPY/ $28,19 USD from Amiami (wow, the Yen bounced back up). Shipping them together would be about 10-15 SAL, so you would end up paying about $70 instead of $80 plus shipping. So thats $15 less than going through BBTS, about the price of a new deluxe at Walmart.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Are you U.S based? Because I imported Ginrai from amiami and it cost $180 shipped for him, Soundwave and brainstorm

Yeah I'm in the middle of the US. Iowa. Shipping was like 25-35 cheapest so I looked around and decided to go local which did save me some money and BBTS shipping warehouse is literately the next state over so it only takes 2 days if that
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 am

Speaking of prices for legends figures, youu can currently purchase an out of box legends skullcruncher for $25 which is basically the price of a deluxe figure plus the titan master vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Transformer ... Sw65FXwVrt
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby kurthy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:24 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah I'm in the middle of the US. Iowa. Shipping was like 25-35 cheapest so I looked around and decided to go local which did save me some money and BBTS shipping warehouse is literately the next state over so it only takes 2 days if that

Now I'm confused, because I ship through amiami, choose SAL, and live in Iowa City and it is always way cheaper than BBTS. MP-36 was only $196 shipped vs. $225 before shipping from BBTS. The only time it wasn't significantly cheaper was Fort Max so I went with the Hasbro version.
kurthy
Pretender
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:26 am

william-james88 wrote:Speaking of prices for legends figures, youu can currently purchase an out of box legends skullcruncher for $25 which is basically the price of a deluxe figure plus the titan master vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Transformer ... Sw65FXwVrt

I saw those the other day and another seller who was selling botcon and tfcc for $5 starting bid and had 100% feedback. Tempting but man I promised myself to hold on transformers for march and April. Saving for a house so transformers gotta go on the back burner for a little bit.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am

kurthy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Now I'm confused, because I ship through amiami, choose SAL, and live in Iowa City and it is always way cheaper than BBTS. MP-36 was only $196 shipped vs. $225 before shipping from BBTS. The only time it wasn't significantly cheaper was Fort Max so I went with the Hasbro version.

Well whenever I've imported it's with robot kingdom and that probably why. I've heard their mailing is higher sometimes. I was going to get TR Broadside and Sky Shadow and I think they came to over $100 with shipping so decided just wait and pick them up when they're out. I think they charged me like $40-50 for computron to ship but that I had to bite down on because everywhere was sold out.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Randomhero wrote:Well whenever I've imported it's with robot kingdom and that probably why.

Well thats a different discussion entirely. Robot Kingdom is not a direct retailer from takara and abide by different rules than japanese retailers (Robot Kingdom is not japanese). They import too, hence why you importing from them means your are charging yourself a double import fee. Robot Kingdom is a local retailer, like BBTS, but for China.
Its not them we were discussing.

If you want to import japanese products, you are always better off doing it from actual japanese retailers like Amiami, Anime Export, Nippon Yassan or HLJ. Thats where you will get them for their actual non inflated price.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Right, two new releases, maybe two new drones to be redecoed... We may have a problem there. Honestly, I can't see TakaraTomy using any of these molds for them:

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

... leaving only Repugnus. I guess he could be paired with Rodimus given the whole planet Beast thing in Headmasters, but Kup?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:22 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, two new releases, maybe two new drones to be redecoed... We may have a problem there. Honestly, I can't see TakaraTomy using any of these molds for them:

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

... leaving only Repugnus. I guess he could be paired with Rodimus given the whole planet Beast thing in Headmasters, but Kup?

I totally him weilding shuffler. that looks like an actual weapon

william-james88
News Staff

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, two new releases, maybe two new drones to be redecoed... We may have a problem there. Honestly, I can't see TakaraTomy using any of these molds for them:

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

I totally him weilding shuffler. that looks like an actual weapon

I personally think they're going to wait until all the master warriors are done and then release them all in a set. I can see Kirk, Rodney and loafer being released by Hasbro under power of the primes as targetmasters or whatever is replacing the Titan master class
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
http://actiontise.com/A/adclick.php?ban ... e%3Dretail

BBTS has confirmation of the Sharkticon, Kup and Hotrodimus releases.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm really surprised that Bumblebee isn't getting released in this first wave
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:26 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm really surprised that Bumblebee isn't getting released in this first wave

And Kickback.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Wait!

.....40 bucks for Kup?

Keep it!

Thrilling 30 Sgt. Kup as main Kup it is then....

I'll likely buy 2 more Sharkticon's but it'll be for $20 total not $40!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

YoungPrime wrote:Wait!

.....40 bucks for Kup?

Keep it!

Army building with the Takara Sharkticons! FTW!

As for Kup, wait for the images first, who knows..you might change your mind! ;)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:18 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm really surprised that Bumblebee isn't getting released in this first wave

And Kickback.

I'm more surprised they're plucking from two different waves, as Hot Rod and Gnaw are Wave 3 and Kup is Wave 4. Is this a preparation for a Movie homage?

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:23 pm

YoungPrime wrote:Wait!

.....40 bucks for Kup?

Keep it!

Why are you surprised, thats how much BBTS priced all the legends toys partnered with "titanmasers" :

Brainstorm was even $45. Why would anyone expect toys in the same series would suddenly be cheaper? If you want to pay the real price, just import it yourself.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm hoping it's significant that Kup and Hot Rod's titles include the term Target Master.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:I'm hoping it's significant that Kup and Hot Rod's titles include the term Target Master.

Not to be a downer, but it isnt. As you can see from waht I posted above, they are the same price as all the other "targetmasers" Takara released. They just put that name because Kup and Hot Rod were targetmasters in G1 and now once again come with a transforming gun accessory.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:Well, if they didn't pack the Sharkticon with a Sweep head, then they'd pack it with a head that no one would want to army-build. Anyone in Japan who'd want to create their own little army of Sharkticons would also end up with an army of some other dude who's only supposed to be one guy. In a perfect world, the Sharkticon (and all of the TR Legends class molds) ought to have been sold individually, without a packed-in Headmaster. But I guess Takara simply didn't want to sell Gen Legends class toys individually in the TF: Legends line, as both Swerve and Tailgate ended up being released as a two-pack with each other, while all the other Gen Legends class figures from before TR (but released after Takara's Generations line ended) ended up being relegated to the Adventure line. The big question we should be asking is why Takara simply won't release Gen Legends class molds in the TF: Legends line individually without pairing them up with either a second Gen Legends mold or a Titan Master.

Valid point. It's almost a shame there isn't a good Autobot army builder so they could repack Nightbeat again.

Actually taking a moment to look, the only Decepticon TM left is Fangry (and maybe Skytread, he was in the six pack). I suppose if they do Kickback he'd come with Wilder then, unless they finally decide to do Rumble.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:14 am

Randomhero wrote:
kurthy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well whenever I've imported it's with robot kingdom and that probably why. I've heard their mailing is higher sometimes. I was going to get TR Broadside and Sky Shadow and I think they came to over $100 with shipping so decided just wait and pick them up when they're out. I think they charged me like $40-50 for computron to ship but that I had to bite down on because everywhere was sold out.

I'm also a regular at RK. But only use them as a LAST RESORT.They tend to be pricier (until now, their MP Alert anime version costs more than those found directly from JP. So they have a bit of a mark up. But if I can't get an item directly from JP, I get it from them, less of two evils (to own or not )
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, if they didn't pack the Sharkticon with a Sweep head, then they'd pack it with a head that no one would want to army-build. Anyone in Japan who'd want to create their own little army of Sharkticons would also end up with an army of some other dude who's only supposed to be one guy. In a perfect world, the Sharkticon (and all of the TR Legends class molds) ought to have been sold individually, without a packed-in Headmaster. But I guess Takara simply didn't want to sell Gen Legends class toys individually in the TF: Legends line, as both Swerve and Tailgate ended up being released as a two-pack with each other, while all the other Gen Legends class figures from before TR (but released after Takara's Generations line ended) ended up being relegated to the Adventure line. The big question we should be asking is why Takara simply won't release Gen Legends class molds in the TF: Legends line individually without pairing them up with either a second Gen Legends mold or a Titan Master.

Valid point. It's almost a shame there isn't a good Autobot army builder so they could repack Nightbeat again.

Actually taking a moment to look, the only Decepticon TM left is Fangry (and maybe Skytread, he was in the six pack). I suppose if they do Kickback he'd come with Wilder then, unless they finally decide to do Rumble.

Emerje

They could always redeco Ptero as Terrorsaur...

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm hoping it's significant that Kup and Hot Rod's titles include the term Target Master.

Not to be a downer, but it isnt. As you can see from waht I posted above, they are the same price as all the other "targetmasers" Takara released. They just put that name because Kup and Hot Rod were targetmasters in G1 and now once again come with a transforming gun accessory.

Nope - they were targetmasters here, but never in Japan. And it's very odd that they get the Targetmaster prefix but not Scourge or Blurr if they were for some reason going for an American reference; and also odd that the Headmasters didn't get a prefix that called them Headmasters. It's odd either way.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON