This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm hoping it's significant that Kup and Hot Rod's titles include the term Target Master.

Not to be a downer, but it isnt. As you can see from waht I posted above, they are the same price as all the other "targetmasers" Takara released. They just put that name because Kup and Hot Rod were targetmasters in G1 and now once again come with a transforming gun accessory.

Nope - they were targetmasters here, but never in Japan. And it's very odd that they get the Targetmaster prefix but not Scourge or Blurr if they were for some reason going for an American reference; and also odd that the Headmasters didn't get a prefix that called them Headmasters. It's odd either way.

Not odd at all.
Scourge and blurr didnt get the prefix because they didnt come with an additional transforming weapon, unlike every other deluxe toy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:02 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm hoping it's significant that Kup and Hot Rod's titles include the term Target Master.

Not to be a downer, but it isnt. As you can see from waht I posted above, they are the same price as all the other "targetmasers" Takara released. They just put that name because Kup and Hot Rod were targetmasters in G1 and now once again come with a transforming gun accessory.

Nope - they were targetmasters here, but never in Japan. And it's very odd that they get the Targetmaster prefix but not Scourge or Blurr if they were for some reason going for an American reference; and also odd that the Headmasters didn't get a prefix that called them Headmasters. It's odd either way.

Not odd at all.
Scourge and blurr didnt get the prefix because they didnt come with an additional transforming weapon, unlike every other deluxe toy.

Which itself is odd - why didn't they come with a transforming weapon, unlike Hot Rod and Kup?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:11 am

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Not odd at all.

Which itself is odd - why didn't they come with a transforming weapon, unlike Hot Rod and Kup?

Because they were still part of the old price point, being the first figures released.it was a transition phase. Now that its established that de luxes come with titan master vehicles, thats how they wil all come out.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Not odd at all.

Because they were still part of the old price point, being the first figures released.it was a transition phase. Now that its established that de luxes come with titan master vehicles, thats how they wil all come out.

The first figures released in the Headmasters portion were LG21 Hardhead and LG22 Skull. Blurr and Scourge come in as LG25 and LG26, and note they never have been "-masters" in the Japanese G1 Continuity. Hot Rod and Kup were released as Targetmasters in the Transformers Collection line of reissues, a first for Japan.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks Jelze, so that confirms it. Kup and Hot Rod do have reasons to be targetmasters in Japan when Blurr and Scourge wouldnt be ;)^

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 pm

william-james88 wrote:Thanks Jelze, so that confirms it. Kup and Hot Rod do have reasons to be targetmasters in Japan when Blurr and Scourge wouldnt be ;)^

Yup, the Targetmasters even kept their names: Recoil and Firebolt, and the latter poses a tiny problem. Expect a cameo of a certain Aerialbot should the names be reused. ;)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Wait!

.....40 bucks for Kup?

Keep it!

Thrilling 30 Sgt. Kup as main Kup it is then....

I'll likely buy 2 more Sharkticon's but it'll be for $20 total not $40!

Why are you surprised, thats how much BBTS priced all the legends toys partnered with "titanmasers" :

Brainstorm was even $45. Why would anyone expect toys in the same series would suddenly be cheaper? If you want to pay the real price, just import it yourself.

Brainstorm was an exclusive of some sort, that's why the figure was more expensive.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Brainstorm was an exclusive of some sort, that's why the figure was more expensive.

Not in japan.

But if you read he was, could you please give a link to that info?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Brainstorm was an exclusive of some sort, that's why the figure was more expensive.

Nah, BBTS was probably playing on his desirability because the US one was a Walgreens exclusive, a chain that can be very hard to find depending on where in the US you were. He is supposedly general retail in Europe, which adds insult to injury.

:EDIT: Making context a tad clearer.
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Not in japan.

But if you read he was, could you please give a link to that info?

Nah, BBTS was probably playing on his desirability because the US one was a Walgreens exclusive, a chain that can be very hard to find depending on where in the US you were. He is supposedly general retail in Europe, which adds salt to injury.

Our 'general retail' is equivalent to your exclusive in more ways than just that, trust me. :HEADHURTS:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
william-james88 wrote:Thanks Jelze, so that confirms it. Kup and Hot Rod do have reasons to be targetmasters in Japan when Blurr and Scourge wouldnt be ;)^
Although, the two of them received no Japanese fiction their being Targetmasters, aside from their bios, but which didn't say much:

C-110 Hot Rodimus
The young Cybertron warrior dreams of becoming a hero, and one day holding an important position. Seeks thrills with his partner Firebolt, who remains insecure of his future, which is expected.
C-113 Chear
Chear is a brave veteran soldier who has great knowledge and experience.
So we've yet to learn the context of their becoming Targetmasters in Japanese continuity. But I guess this means Sakamoto gets the first chance to give the this context. 8-)

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Yup, the Targetmasters even kept their names: Recoil and Firebolt, and the latter poses a tiny problem. Expect a cameo of a certain Aerialbot should the names be reused. ;)
That's only if the Partner Drones end up being Recoil and Firebolt. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Yup, the Targetmasters even kept their names: Recoil and Firebolt, and the latter poses a tiny problem. Expect a cameo of a certain Aerialbot should the names be reused. ;)
That's only if the Partner Drones end up being Recoil and Firebolt. ;)

I dunno, Legends has done many a weird thing, naming the Headmaster partners as such would be a drop in the ocean. ;)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:Actually taking a moment to look, the only Decepticon TM left is Fangry (and maybe Skytread, he was in the six pack). I suppose if they do Kickback he'd come with Wilder then, unless they finally decide to do Rumble.

Emerje

They could always redeco Ptero as Terrorsaur...

How would they even explain that? Terrorsaur is already a character in the Legends universe, he wouldn't suddenly become a head I would think. But then again stranger things have happened (Lio Convoy becoming Leo Prime's body).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:Actually taking a moment to look, the only Decepticon TM left is Fangry (and maybe Skytread, he was in the six pack). I suppose if they do Kickback he'd come with Wilder then, unless they finally decide to do Rumble.

Emerje

They could always redeco Ptero as Terrorsaur...

How would they even explain that? Terrorsaur is already a character in the Legends universe,
A strange case of Transformer Sickness? :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7

Images of Takara Tomy Legends Targetmaster Hot Rodimus, Targetmaster Char, and Sharkticon

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Via Takara Tomy Mall, we have our first look at official images of the upcoming Legends series releases LG-44 Sharkticon with Sweep, LG-45 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus, and LG-46 Targetmaster Char (better known as Kup to the Western world). These are set for release in September to help you build your ranks of Sharkticons, or relive memories of 1987 and your old Targetmaster Hot Rod with Firebolt or Targetmaster Kup with Recoil. We've mirrored the images from Takara Tomy Mall below for you to enjoy.

Keep your optics here on Seibertron.com for all the latest.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 am

Hot Rod what did they do to you... and why is Kup grey...?

THOSE NEW TARGETMASTERS THO. MMMMM.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:38 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
...well.

...guess I'll be getting both versions then.

Oh Primus, what are they gonna do to Triggerhappy?! :michaelbay:
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:39 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Kurona wrote:Hot Rod what did they do to you...
Made him edgy
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 am

Sigma Magnus wrote:...well.

...guess I'll be getting both versions then.

Oh Primus, what are they gonna do to Triggerhappy?! :michaelbay:

Yeah...same here. He's not magenta but he still looks good. Also it looks like hiding the engine doesn't push his chest in all the way.maybe it's just the angle

Edit: oh they completely reboot led his chest losing the waist detail. That's...kinda lame. Well I got 5 months to decide I guess.
Last edited by Randomhero on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Bronzewolf » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Okay, so Tak Kup blows Hasbro kup out of the water. That mold looks and works so much better here. However, why the hell can't we just get a blue Kup, with a blue head, that actually looks like Kup?! After saying no to the previous generations one, and banking on this, I'm fairly disappointed.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6

Postby Terrsolpix » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:48 am

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
I find it ironic that that Rodimus was the last wave 3 deluxe I got, and after all the searching, he shows up on troves in stores and now Takara has a target master version....... why must everything good be available this month?!?!? I seriously can't get anything else after the chaos on velocitron box.' :BOOM:
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Randomhero » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am

Bronzewolf wrote:Okay, so Tak Kup blows Hasbro kup out of the water. That mold looks and works so much better here. However, why the hell can't we just get a blue Kup, with a blue head, that actually looks like Kup?! After saying no to the previous generations one, and banking on this, I'm fairly disappointed.

It certainly is an odd choice. On the bright side he has an all new head and arms.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby steals_your_goats » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Oh wow these are gorgeous. Kup has retooled arms along with the face. Love the little Warrio stache on the sweep head. Those targetmasters are really cool too. Now I just have to decide what to do with my Hasbro hotrod.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I may get them just for the targetmasters..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Randomhero » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:57 am

Maybe?

I mean he did show up grey in some episodes.
Randomhero
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete Hasbro 2005 Powerlinx 230427B"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d3h7 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MONOCLE Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 190615a"
MONOCLE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON