This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:So Takara's Hot Rod doesn't have the flipping hood section, is that what I'm seeing with the retool here?

And if so, it's only for the sake of cartoon accuracy?

I just ask because I'm confused as to why Takara would want to retool Hot Rod at all, especially over what seems to be a really small detail. I get why they did it with Kup, because at least his silhouette is altered a bit, but it's not as though Hot Rod has elbows that can only b be sideways.

Yeah, I don't like their retooled Hot Rod. The hood doesn't integrate into the chest as well, and while I get why they made the engine switch around for robot mode, they didn't replace it with a collar or anything. It's just a flat blank plate. At least put a logo there or something.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri May 12, 2017 10:01 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Nemesis Maximo wrote:So Takara's Hot Rod doesn't have the flipping hood section, is that what I'm seeing with the retool here?

And if so, it's only for the sake of cartoon accuracy?

I just ask because I'm confused as to why Takara would want to retool Hot Rod at all, especially over what seems to be a really small detail. I get why they did it with Kup, because at least his silhouette is altered a bit, but it's not as though Hot Rod has elbows that can only b be sideways.

Hot Rodimus' chest is retooled for two reasons:

1) the engine can now be flipped back, making him more accurate to the original toy and cartoon appearance (the engine on the chest thing is new since his Classics toy of 2006).
2) the engine has a 5mm port for the new-mold Targetmaster, to call back to his Targetmaster toy and TFC reissue.

Note the hood is clear plastic.

:EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the Targetmasters: definitely Peacemaker and Fracas.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm really surprised by the negativity towards Legends Hot Rod. He's an upgrade to the Titans Return version in almost every way, as far as I am concerned. He's got more paint apps, like the iconic orange and yellow detailing on his wrists/cuffs, the two tone colors on his helmet and pelvis, and the dark gray on his shins and feet. His primary color is now a more maroon color, like the Masterpiece toy, approximating the color of his G1 cartoon appearance (but not the movie) just a bit better. I don't think the hood looks any worse for ditching that step in Hasbro's version to reveal his robot abs. He just looks more like classic G1 Hot Rod without it, honestly. That goes for the new engine block that hides away in robot mode. Yeah, the blank orange plastic panel in its place is just another Hot Rod trait. It's always been like that. It would have been nice if they had made the hands gray instead of orange, but I can live with it. The addition of his actual Targetmaster partner Firebolt is fantastic! That's a huge selling point for me. The only thing I think is potentially divisive is the transparent plastic flame pattern on the hood. Yes, opaque would have been better, but I understand what they're trying to do, and I think it'll work well in person. If not, I have plenty of ideas of how to remedy that situation. As it is, I've decide to embrace that little embellishment for now. It's just weird to me that so many people were gaga for grayscale Kup (before better pictures came out) but so few seem to appreciate correct colors and molding Hot Rod.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 4:29 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Eh, as far as I'm concerned, this is one of the few times I appreciate Hasbro's toy-accuracy more as I really don't like Hot Rod's cartoon colours. The much brighter and vibrant red fits him so much more than a dark ugly maroon and I appreciate the intuitive chest transformation over the chest... not transforming. It's more accurate, and one looking for accuracy will enjoy that; but from a pure toy standpoint TR just looks so much better.

Titan Master and Targetmaster are clear winners on Legends though, no doubt.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Cyberpath » Sun May 14, 2017 9:40 am

LG Triggerhappy --

LG Brawn --

LG Kickback --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG47 Kickback, LG48 Brawn, LG49 Triggerhappy

Postby Va'al » Sun May 14, 2017 10:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has spotted over on Dengeki Hobby's website some new official images for the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends ..er, Legends class counterparts to the Hasbro Titans Return toys: LG47 Kickback with Clouder, LG48 Gong (Brawn) with Repug (Ribaggu), and LG49 Triggerhappy!

Check out the images mirrored below, of Titan Masters, Target Masters and Legend class characters, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 14, 2017 10:03 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ramhorn? They made Clouder from Ramhorn? So did not see that coming.

Though, have we had a good enough look at Ramhorn's Titan Master head? The way the mold looks here makes its head look almost like it has a beak, like Buster's Suit Mode helmet.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun May 14, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 10:05 am

I am so happy Triggerhappy barely looks different to his TR counterpart as that deco was perfect. Instant buy! :D
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG47 Kickback, LG48 Brawn, LG49 Triggerhappy

Postby Cyberpath » Sun May 14, 2017 10:08 am

LG Sharkticon and Brawn: been holding off getting the Hasbro editions because I knew Takara would have nicer colours. Hasbro's Brawn was almost perfect but missing the silver apps on his knees. Not a big deal but I wasn't in a rush. Also TT's got silver rims.
It will be cool to have some extra random heads finally!

LG Kickback: I love the Insecticons on the show, and this figure seems nice, but there's no point in getting only one part of the trio.

LG Triggerhappy: ahh.. wish he weren't a Headmaster......
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun May 14, 2017 10:16 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Nah, easy pass on all these. Had Triggerhappy and couldn't even be bothered to open him from packaging and sold him. The others don't appeal to me or look hugely different to Hasbro versions to be worth importing. Still got Hot Rod and Kup pre-ordered though.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Cyberpath » Sun May 14, 2017 10:22 am

Attachments
brawn chart.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 14, 2017 10:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cyberpath wrote:
There's also the Universe and Henkei! Henkei! versions if you wanna compare those with these as well. ;)^
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Skill: 9

Postby Evil Eye » Sun May 14, 2017 10:25 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Triggerhappy looks gorgeous- that shade of blue and the crisp white look lovely. I'm not sure I'll be replacing my gifted Hasbro Triggerhappy with him, even with the Targetmaster- he looks nice but not THAT nice. Still, I can't fault anyone who does.

Brawn looks pretty decent. I think I prefer the Hasbro colours but they both look nice.

Kickback looks cool too, and I prefer his colours over the Hasbro version. I wish his wings were fully chromed but you can't win 'em all.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 am

-Edward Hoagland"
These pics showed up faster than I had expected. :)

Triggerhappy looks mostly the same in terms of color layout and shade, but some paint apps are swapped around, either in placement or color. I'm guessing the "visor" around eyes is yellow, but it's hard to tell from these pics. The red of his optics kind of bleeds into that already small space visually. The real draw is the addition of his Targetmaster partner, so this is a must buy for me!

Brawn is absolutely perfect! Hasbro's is good, but this is GREAT! The brownish/olive green is on point for screen accuracy. All of the paint apps are there, including the silver horizontal stripes on his knees. He looks like he just stepped out of the original cartoon, more than ANY other toy version of Brawn has before. Must buy!

Kickback is interesting. On the surface, he's got much more screen (and toy) accuracy going for him than Hasbro's version. The silver and clear plastic wings look fantastic! His upper arms are now the proper black too. His Decepticon logo is now in the middle of his chest (sternum) instead of his right pectoral. He's even got the red horizontal striping on his shins akin to the G1 toy. Then...they apparently kept going with paint apps, like yellow knee caps (Hasbro had these two) and red stripes on his wrists. Those...aren't accurate to anything, screen nor toy. Odd choice for Takara. Still, the silver/clear wings sell this for me as my definitive "Classics" Kickback. Must buy! The Hasbro ones I have (three in all) will serve as his clones. I've done likewise, using TAV Shrapnel and Bombshell as their G1 selves while the Hasbro releases, each in triplicate, acting as their clone swarms. Yay for army building!
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby RAR » Sun May 14, 2017 10:32 am

I like that Hasbro and Takara's Brawn are different shades of green. Though it does rather make me want to get a appropriately coloured South American Minibot to match now too.

Triggerhappy having white on his is a little odd mind.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby DMSL » Sun May 14, 2017 10:46 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Triggerhappy looks pretty much the same as Hasbro's, so i don't think i'll be getting him. I still have the Hasbro MOMC but i think i'll be opening him and wait for the other two jets from Hasbro (Misfire and Slugslinger). I like Targetmasters a lot, but it looks awkward in jetmode. I think the Targetmaster is too beefy.

Brawn looks awesome, i\ll be getting him, just wish they gave him a gun.

Kickback looks great too, but i would have preferred if they made an Insecticon 3-pack so we could get all of them in the same colourscheme with a few energon cubes and weapons. There really is no point in getting him while the other two are not readily available in the same colourscheme.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun May 14, 2017 10:54 am

-Edward Hoagland"
DMSL wrote:Kickback looks great too, but i would have preferred if they made an Insecticon 3-pack so we could get all of them in the same colourscheme with a few energon cubes and weapons. There really is no point in getting him while the other two are not readily available in the same colourscheme.

The problem is, Hasbro's Insecticons don't match up in terms of their colors either. Each one has different shades of purple and yellow unique to him. I can tell you that the TAV releases of Shrapnel and Bombshell are a bit closer of a match to each other, but still not nearly perfect. Either route you go, and any combination of Hasbro or Takara releases you choose, you're not going to have perfectly color-coordinated Insecticons, unfortunately.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby shajaki » Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."

Hasbro's Shrapnel and Kickback aren't uniform with Bombshell.
Takara's Shrapnel and Bombshell aren't uniform with Kickback.

:oops: :-x :evil: :michaelbay:

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun May 14, 2017 11:07 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Btw i'm hoping eventually that someone(ebay or some other likeminded site) will be selling TR Tidal Wave singular & loose(seeing as the fig is ONLY avaliable as a box set) that way you can get that fig without also having to get a whole host of other figs that come with it that you might not want
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 11:35 am

-Most significantly, Triggerhappy has been retooled to have a 5mm peg on his Cockpit (for of course his Targetmaster) where his Decepticon Logo was. Said logo has been moved lower down and has been made purple instead of silver.

-Eyes are red instead of yellow

-Gold and light blue detailing on chest and wings has been replaced by white

-Gold details on feet have been removed

And... that's about it. Triggerhappy doesn't seem to have any more differences, aside from of course the Targetmaster and the Titan Master.

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 11:38 am

By the way, is it just me or does Repugnus look really bad? Usually Takara's Titan Masters have such great paint detailing, but I'm almost tempted to say this time he's more bland than a Hasbro Titan Master. The head mode is certainly not helping...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Evil Eye » Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Could be the painted prototype nature making it look worse than it actually is. Paint is usually thicker on prototypes than production figures. That said he does look very bland in that yellow...
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 11:48 am

Black Hat wrote:Could be the painted prototype nature making it look worse than it actually is. Paint is usually thicker on prototypes than production figures. That said he does look very bland in that yellow...

I can see the thick argument - I'm betting the mouth will be less obscured in the final product - but even then there's just a bit too much yellow. The Hasbro version's head mode was also overly yellow, but it at least had red titan master arms to break that up a little.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hydrargyrus » Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Stuartmaximus wrote:Btw i'm hoping eventually that someone(ebay or some other likeminded site) will be selling TR Tidal Wave singular & loose(seeing as the fig is ONLY avaliable as a box set) that way you can get that fig without also having to get a whole host of other figs that come with it that you might not want

That's my plan. It's kind of my eBay M.O.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

Postby DMSL » Sun May 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:
DMSL wrote:Kickback looks great too, but i would have preferred if they made an Insecticon 3-pack so we could get all of them in the same colourscheme with a few energon cubes and weapons. There really is no point in getting him while the other two are not readily available in the same colourscheme.

The problem is, Hasbro's Insecticons don't match up in terms of their colors either. Each one has different shades of purple and yellow unique to him. I can tell you that the TAV releases of Shrapnel and Bombshell are a bit closer of a match to each other, but still not nearly perfect. Either route you go, and any combination of Hasbro or Takara releases you choose, you're not going to have perfectly color-coordinated Insecticons, unfortunately.

Exactly so getting a nice uniform set is pretty much impossible. So i guess i'll be using the Fansproject Insecticons with my CHUG's until that does happen. When it does i can always pose my Fansproject Insecticons with my MP's.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 RI-B 1:25 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2RIB"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #20 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 20B FEB200654 (CA) Lawrence"
TRANSFORMERS #20 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15A (CA) Perez SEP190683"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON