This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Omegatron. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Kurona wrote:So... yeah, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between Hasbro and Takara Perceptors at all. And despite the lack of a yellow headstripe thing, I think I prefer the minor differences on Hasbro's. Lucky me~

There is one fairly significant difference that I can see, Legends Perceptor doesn't have the toy-style tampos on the outsides of his legs that TR Perceptor has.
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:56 am

Rated X wrote:Heres hoping Renderform goes back to his previous success and starts making bumper and hubcap heads for Hasbro bumblebee. And while hes at it do Cliffjumper heads for Chase. Its not like there gonna do all 6 Throttlebots in different unique molds so f**k it.

It took 3 years to get the three insecticons and with TR brawn 11 years to compelete the entire 84 roster in classics form. Patience is a virtue
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
OMG, I have to get that Bumblebee and Perceptor now!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:
frogbat wrote:must admit that i was confused as to what that starscream head was supposed to be. An interesting idea but a bit poorly executed i think.

Otherwise some lovely toys, but as usual I'll be sticking to the hasbro versions.

It's a repaint from Quake's Head

... dude, you're totally right! How did I miss that?! :HEADHURTS:

Looks like a new mold.

It is a new mold, I have no clue how it can be seen as Quake`s head when he has that crest in the middle while Starscream's is a whole square.

Maybe I am blind but I just really do not see it in any way.

Also, while i do preffer the colours on Takara`s Slugslinger, I am just not down on paying that much for a toy when I can get the Hasbro version for 1 quater of the cost. Plus, since the G1 toy has sentimental value, I really like the tampos Hasbro gave him on his shins to replicate the G1 stickers.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Rated X wrote:Heres hoping Renderform goes back to his previous success and starts making bumper and hubcap heads for Hasbro bumblebee. And while hes at it do Cliffjumper heads for Chase. Its not like there gonna do all 6 Throttlebots in different unique molds so f**k it.

Shapeways already has Cliffjumper and Hubcap heads for those molds if that's up your alley :)

I do agree with Will here. Slugslinger and Bumblebee are generally better versions of their Hasbro counterparts but not enough to import; and the differences on Octane and Perceptor are negligible and I think I prefer the Hasbro versions anyway. Bit of a shame the two companies didn't go for different incarnations and representations like most of the TR molds :(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Hasbro / Takara Comparison Charts for Bumblebee, Slugslinger, Perceptor and Octane

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 am

Not long after new images were reported here and here for the new Takara Legends releases Bumblebee, Slugslinger, Perceptor and Octane; fellow board member Cyberpath got to work creating comparison charts for all four characters! As you can see below, he's compared each new Takara Legends reveal to their original G1 toy, their original cartoon models, and their Hasbro counterparts in Titans Return. Check 'em all out and tell us if this helps you make a decision on which version to get!

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 am

I think the most striking one is Slugslinger as it highlights just how much that bit of blue under the cockpit does for the accuracy and how much it makes him stand out. Only problem is that I ended up looking at it too long and started wondering why on Cybertron a vehicle would need two separate cockpits. Bad Kurona! Stop trying to bring logic and sense into dumb space robots! :HEADHURTS:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Slugslinger looks great,though I'm sad they kept the head the same. In any case I'm going for the Hasbro versions of the Targetmaster jets, as I already have Hasbro Triggerhappy.

Bumblebee is a straight-up improvement in every way.

Perceptor is OK I guess. Not hugely impressive but the Ramhorn vehicle is nice.

Octane looks very good, though I still can't take that jet mode seriously. But a Ghost Starscream headmaster? Awesome!
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 am

Kurona wrote:I think the most striking one is Slugslinger as it highlights just how much that bit of blue under the cockpit does for the accuracy and how much it makes him stand out. Only problem is that I ended up looking at it too long and started wondering why on Cybertron a vehicle would need two separate cockpits. Bad Kurona! Stop trying to bring logic and sense into dumb space robots! :HEADHURTS:

Hey at least it's not as bad as when dreamwave literraly brought it up in the comics asking why do they have cockpits and why they are out of scale with the rest of the universe and not even answering it. It wasn't even rhetorical! Shockwave saying his grand scheme and saying this stuff and not even explaining why. And I say him explaining his scheme when he actually didn't even do that.

I'll give the Aligned continuity credit, they did explain why they all have seats and cockpits and it did make sense.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 am

Kurona wrote:I think the most striking one is Slugslinger as it highlights just how much that bit of blue under the cockpit does for the accuracy and how much it makes him stand out. Only problem is that I ended up looking at it too long and started wondering why on Cybertron a vehicle would need two separate cockpits. Bad Kurona! Stop trying to bring logic and sense into dumb space robots! :HEADHURTS:

Well, sometimes Transformers give each other rides. :) He can carry more with two cockpits?

Image Image
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Randomhero wrote:Yeah what is everyone on? That is not quakes head repainted as starscream. It's completely different

It's a straight up seeker head with vents on the side. Quakes head doesn't have vents and the top of his head makes a point. Totally not the same

But it is a retool of quake lol :-D
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 am

Cyberpath wrote:

Well, sometimes Transformers give each other rides. :) He can carry more with two cockpits?

Image Image

Budget Astrotrain! :P
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Albatross250 wrote:Nice Color Scheme...
WAIT A SEC...
Damn you :TAKARATOMY: , you made Slugslinger in Sonic Colours :lol: , i guess he'll be collecting Rings now :lol:

Gotta Go Fast :lol:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Skill: 7

Postby MaverickPrime » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:58 am

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Cyberpath wrote:

Image Image

When they do an official MP Huffer it better have a micro Hoist driver!!! :lol:
As for the figures, Bee looks better in the warmer yellow, Perceptor looks almost identical but Ramhorn looks gorgeous, I wonder if his inclussion has something to do with the Autobot Intelligence Ops 2 pack.
Slugslinger looks pretty, but I prefer Hasbro's more unique shade of blue,wish it had used a visored toy head, though.
Octane looks also very similar, but the darker colors work really well AND GHOST STARSCREAM HEADMASTER! He can literally take over others now!
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Randomhero wrote:

Hey at least it's not as bad as when dreamwave literraly brought it up in the comics asking why do they have cockpits and why they are out of scale with the rest of the universe and not even answering it. It wasn't even rhetorical! Shockwave saying his grand scheme and saying this stuff and not even explaining why. And I say him explaining his scheme when he actually didn't even do that.

I'll give the Aligned continuity credit, they did explain why they all have seats and cockpits and it did make sense.
I'll say. That's like the one corner of the multiverse that actually did bother to explain the cockpits.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:20 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
So we've got a new-mold Cerebros face (why?) and a new-mold Ghost Starscream face (awesome!). Can anyone tell if the Headmaster bodies are new?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:14 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
kurthy wrote:
LG56 Perceptor (with Shuffler weapon)

Shouldn't that say Ramhorn weapon?

Yes, please, update the news stories! You're not doing justice to the Legends release of Perceptor if you don't let people know that it's the Ramhorn version of the mold, decoed as Ramhorn himself, no less, and not a generic Shuffler version with different colors.

Also, Takara was pretty genius with what they did with the shoulder pylons for Octane. Flip them up and forward to mimic Starscream's intakes when using Starscream's ghost head as the Headmaster. Leave them down to look more like the Octane G1 cartoon character model. Finally, you can rotate the red sides out to homage the red circles on Octane's outer shoulders from the G1 toy! That's a lot of versatility for a single toy on top of it being a Headmaster triple changer with two different heads to use!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I'll say. That's like the one corner of the multiverse that actually did bother to explain the cockpits.

Exactly! Why? Quintessons. They're lazy. That's it.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby leokearon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I live the Ghost of Starscream idea, just not a fan of the transparent plastic
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 am

Looks like the Ghost Starscream head is based pretty heavily on the UW Ghost Starscream head:

Which itself was based on the head of WFC/FOC Starscream:

Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:22 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
leokearon wrote:I live the Ghost of Starscream idea, just not a fan of the transparent plastic

But, that's what makes him a g-g-g-ghooooooost! ;)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am

I know it kind of defeats the purpose of Ghost Starscream (an easy redeco that everyone wants because GHOST STARSCREAM) but I'd like a Ghost Starscream with slight retooling to him in addition to being made of clear plastic to make him look extra ghostly- a different expression, cracks and "wounds" to make him look more undead (so add some holes to his wings exposing the superstructure beneath and make his cockpit look "shattered" for example), some parts bei8ng wreathed in (removable?) sculpted ethereal flame, etc.

EDIT: A bit like this...

Obviosuly not to quite such an extent, but you get the idea.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby autobot00 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 am

quake repaint for starscream? i dont think so.
1483714432-tr-quake.jpg
autobot00
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 am

Black Hat wrote:I know it kind of defeats the purpose of Ghost Starscream (an easy redeco that everyone wants because GHOST STARSCREAM) but I'd like a Ghost Starscream with slight retooling to him in addition to being made of clear plastic to make him look extra ghostly- a different expression, cracks and "wounds" to make him look more undead (so add some holes to his wings exposing the superstructure beneath and make his cockpit look "shattered" for example), some parts bei8ng wreathed in (removable?) sculpted ethereal flame, etc.

That's more "zombie" Starscream than "ghost" Starscream. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Black Hat wrote:I know it kind of defeats the purpose of Ghost Starscream (an easy redeco that everyone wants because GHOST STARSCREAM) but I'd like a Ghost Starscream with slight retooling to him in addition to being made of clear plastic to make him look extra ghostly- a different expression, cracks and "wounds" to make him look more undead (so add some holes to his wings exposing the superstructure beneath and make his cockpit look "shattered" for example), some parts bei8ng wreathed in (removable?) sculpted ethereal flame, etc.

That's more "zombie" Starscream than "ghost" Starscream. ;)

True, though sometimes ghosts are portrayed as fairly decayed/zombie-like. It'd also potentially work for a "semi-physical" version of the Spectral Screamer, as if his physical body was only just held together through Unicron's power and Starscream's sheer bloody-mindedness. Plus, Starscream I can imagine wanting to scare the armour plating off of anyone he comes across.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON