This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Cyberpath wrote:Takara posted a new image -- the "Sweep" head (LG44) superimposed on LG26 Scourge's body.

Where'd you find that?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 am

Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Takara posted a new image -- the "Sweep" head (LG44) superimposed on LG26 Scourge's body.

Where'd you find that?

Here & here.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Takara Legends Blurr pictured with Targetmaster and Scourge pictured with Sweep Headmaster

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks once again to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we've got a couple new pictures from Takara! Straight from their PR Twitter account, they've uploaded news about the resales of their versions of Blurr and Scourge -- and taken the time to show Blurr with his Targetmaster from Legends Doublecross, and Scourge with his Sweep Headmaster from Legends Sharkticon. Check out the images below and tell us if this edges you more towards a purchase for any of these products!

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:00 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Wait, what? So is this reissued Legends Blurr a targetmaster now to match their Hot Rod and Kup? Which is what I would have liked even before they reintroduced Targetmasters to these Titans figures who had been Targetmasters in G1 rather than Headmasters?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:03 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Wait, what? So is this reissued Legends Blurr a targetmaster now to match their Hot Rod and Kup? Which is what I would have liked even before they reintroduced Targetmasters to these Titans figures who had been Targetmasters in G1 rather than Headmasters?
Reread the news story again and take note of the orange silhouette in the background of Blurr's picture.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Wait, what? So is this reissued Legends Blurr a targetmaster now to match their Hot Rod and Kup? Which is what I would have liked even before they reintroduced Targetmasters to these Titans figures who had been Targetmasters in G1 rather than Headmasters?
Reread the news story again and take note of the orange silhouette in the background of Blurr's picture.

Um yeah i did but i don't get it. So... you have to buy Legends Doublecross to get Blurr's Targetmaster?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:Every time I see that goofy-looking mustache, pointed chin, and squared head combination, I can't help but be instantly reminded of.

I think more of this

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:That they have. A relatively recent example would be AOE Evasion Mode Optimus coming not with Optimus' BFG, but with a fusion shotgun for DOTM Voyager Megatron

You beat me to it! Although apparently, that is the gun he uses in the film during that farm scene against cemetery wind so there was some added context.

Wolfman Jake wrote:If I'm right, we don't have any clue what the final waves of Legends or Voyagers will bring either. There's a lot more that could be coming down the pipeline for Transformers Legends after the latest reveals.

Your right, we have no concrete evidence. The only rumours we have is a Voyager Ape Face and Snap Dragon.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Um yeah i did but i don't get it. So... you have to buy Legends Doublecross to get Blurr's Targetmaster?

Yeah, Haywire comes with Doublecross.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:09 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That's the idea.

Though, Doublecross was gonna come with Haywire for Blurr anyway regardless of whether or not Blurr was gonna be among the reissued figures. It was fortuitous that Blurr and Scourge both got chosen to be reissued since Doublecross and Sharkticon both come with an accessory meant for each of them, enabling Takara to advertise that fact even moreso now. :D

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 am

Kurona wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, Haywire comes with Doublecross.

oh for... That's even WORSE for me. I was tempted to get a new Legends Blurr to replace mine that has the slightly messed up antenna (which occured while to trying to fix the sloppy QC my figure had) and now to get the Targetmaster I would like (especially since I originally owned Targetmaster Blurr in G1 during my childhood) I have to buy a whole other toy I do not want. If they'd packaged Haywire with the Blurr rerelease I'd be sorted...

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 am

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm just glad Haywire's being released at all.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 am

Kurona wrote:Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm just glad Haywire's being released at all.

If only we could get Haywire as a seperate purchase. Or at least bundled with a few other Targetmaster gun guys even if just redecos and give them to other figures who need a bit more firepower. You get a Targetmaster...and you get a Targetmaster...and you get a Targetmaster...

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm just glad Haywire's being released at all.

If only we could get Haywire as a seperate purchase. Or at least bundled with a few other Targetmaster gun guys even if just redecos and give them to other figures who need a bit more firepower. You get a Targetmaster...and you get a Targetmaster...and you get a Targetmaster...

So then everyone can complain that there's guys that are Targetmasters now that weren't Targetmasters in G1? :-D
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:

It'd be pretty cool -- I could see Hasbro eventually releasing them as exclusives or a Platinum set much like Unite Warriors Groove or Adventure Battle Grimlock.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:19 am

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

So then everyone can complain that there's guys that are Targetmasters now that weren't Targetmasters in G1? :-D

Ah but unlike Titan/Headmasters, the Targetmasters don't form any integral part of the main robot. :D But yeah there's always someone who wants to complain. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:24 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yup so as you see, Takara is not immune to dick moves. They could have included this targetmaster with the upcoming Blurr rerelease but NOPE!

I would put an Angry Joe meme but I dont want Burn to yell at me.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 am

Yeah, Takara has been sneaky sticking unrelated smaller toys to their figures in the Legends line, so fans would "have" to buy everything. :)

Other than the Targetmasters and their appropriate masters, the two pair-ups that make "sense" are Bumblebee & Spike, and Octane & Ghost Starscream.

Bring on, Snap & Ape!
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 am

Cyberpath wrote:Yeah, Takara has been sneaky sticking unrelated smaller toys to their figures in the Legends line, so fans would "have" to buy everything. :)

Other than the Targetmasters and their appropriate masters, the two pair-ups that make "sense" are Bumblebee & Spike, and Octane & Ghost Starscream.

I will say that I found the Sweep head with Shakticon to be a very smart combo since both are army builders.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 am

Doublecross was gonna come with Haywire for Blurr anyway regardless of whether or not Blurr was gonna be among the reissued figures. That was already happening even before the reissue poll came about. That Blurr ended up being one of the winners just makes this all work out even better for both Takara (who can now advertise Doublecross's Haywire even moreso now) and for those who missed out on Blurr the first time around.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yup so as you see, Takara is not immune to dick moves. They could have included this targetmaster with the upcoming Blurr rerelease but NOPE!

Again, Blurr being chosen by the Japanese fans to be reissued is a happy accident. Still, no matter what TakaraTomy would have done, there will always be complaints, from Haywire being included with the wrong figure, to people already having Legends Blurr feeling forced to buy a Blurr re-release, redecoed or not, just for a newly included Haywire.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am

william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Yeah, Takara has been sneaky sticking unrelated smaller toys to their figures in the Legends line, so fans would "have" to buy everything. :)

I will say that I found the Sweep head with Shakticon to be a very smart combo since both are army builders.

Yeah that I can understand. Haywire with Doublecross makes no sense at all. In fact why was Doublecross even brought back in this age as a Titans figure. I barely even remember him from G1 at all.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:41 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:already having Legends Blurr feeling forced to buy a Blurr re-release, redecoed or not, just for a newly included Haywire.

At least that would have been G1 accurate at least in the west where in the 80s we got regular versions of Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus and Scourge and THEN they were all re-released as Targetmasters not long after. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Yeah that I can understand. Haywire with Doublecross makes no sense at all. In fact why was Doublecross even brought back in this age as a Titans figure. I barely even remember him from G1 at all.

Because he is awesome. That is why. I love my Doublecross(Twinferno) figure.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby triKlops » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
I have 3 Legends Gnaws on preorder to lead my army of TR Gnaws.
The 3 Sweep heads are a bonus for my 3 TR Scourge Sweeps.
Also looking forward to getting in on the the Blurr rerelease.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

Given the RiD Warrior, I think the reason can fairly be assumed to be "Someone in Hasbro really really likes Doublecross".
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class 2013 NEW"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bot Shots DRAGON TRACK Battle Game Optimus Prime Megatron 2013 New"
NEW!
Transformers Bot S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit Trumpeter 2023 New"
SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON