This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Kurona wrote:I'm finding myself continually frustrated with how Takara's Triggerhappy looks. It's very minor, but the white guns seem to be tinted blue and what they've gone for with the face just doesn't look as good as Hasbro's. But I really want that Targetmaster...

I feel like a lot of the colors in these photos come down to bad photography. The guns and other color-matched parts are different colors between the photos. But wouldn't it make more sense for those parts to be the same color as the pure white on the head?

I'm a little more concerned about the head being a lighter shade of blue from the rest of the body, that's consistent in all of the photos.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:28 pm

What? Scourge gets turned into an Autobot, and turns the other Cobatrons into Autobots, only to be fought by OTHER Autobots who want to turn him and his comrades BACK into Decepticons?

The heck?
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
primalxconvoy wrote:What? Scourge gets turned into an Autobot, and turns the other Cobatrons into Autobots, only to be fought by OTHER Autobots who want to turn him and his comrades BACK into Decepticons?

The heck?
Even as a good guy, Black Convoy maintains a Lawfully Evil brand of order that's just too rigid for the other good guys to tolerate. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:What? Scourge gets turned into an Autobot, and turns the other Cobatrons into Autobots, only to be fought by OTHER Autobots who want to turn him and his comrades BACK into Decepticons?

The heck?

My understanding was that Skids' group of dimension hoppers was going against the will of the other Autobots and Decepticons on the Legends planet so Rattrap's group helped Dark Ai change Black Convoy and the Combatrons back to normal. Decepticons on the planet aren't so much "evil" as they are unscrupulous corporate rivals (even the ones that aren't natives) so turning them back into Decepticons isn't as bad as it would be in other stories. Mainly they were just trying to get them away from Skids and protect their Transtectors.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:32 am

Cheers. It's still a weird story. Not really my cup of "Ocha", if you will.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:56 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'm finding myself continually frustrated with how Takara's Triggerhappy looks. It's very minor, but the white guns seem to be tinted blue and what they've gone for with the face just doesn't look as good as Hasbro's. But I really want that Targetmaster...

I have the Hasbro version, and...to be honest, while the Targetmaster is neat, I just don't care. Hell, I don't even use his actual guns on mine, I just have him use the arm-mounted ones. And to me, the Hasbro face paint is better, and the peg hole on the Takara chest looks weird.

Not sure if that'll actually help your decision, I just wanted to throw that out there. ;)^

This is very true; if I was looking at it purely from a toy perspective, I wouldn't have much of a reason to go for Takara's over Hasbro's -- Hasbro's product is better, cheaper, and the only negative is it doesn't come with a Targetmaster which honestly doesn't look that amazing.

... buuuuut I want said Targetmaster. For headcanon fiction reasons.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Insurgent » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:33 am

I'm just hoping there will be some way of getting those targetmasters later down the line. Honestly, while I'd prefer those three jets have their targetmasters, the holes in their jet modes make me prefer the hasbro ones.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:43 am

Yeah, that's also a problem. Not one I particularly mind, though -- more areas to put guns are good, especially if they're right in the middle for symmetry. Not that the Targetmaster gun will look good anywhere...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:59 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Buy both and resell the Takara without the Targetmaster? Oh, and what's this headcanon of yours? :D
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:49 am

You know, if that rumor about a new Transformers subscription from Hasbro turns out to be true that would open the doors to things like a box of Targetmaster guns or pack them with six other characters like they did the Ultra Magnus Titan Master, and the rest of the Autobot Targetmasters (Crosshairs et al).

"Stay tuned!"

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
So did I imagine that Blitzwing will be a part of the Legends line? :???: I guess when I read about Octane I simply assumed but I guess I was wrong...? #-o :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Nemesis Destron wrote:So did I imagine that Blitzwing will be a part of the Legends line? :???: I guess when I read about Octane I simply assumed but I guess I was wrong...? #-o :VEHI:

It would be shocking if they didn't do him eventually since the previous figure was from the Generations line. I think the only reason why Octane happened first was because of Trypticon. I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the year for a 2018 release.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG58 Clone Autobot Set, LG59 Blitzwing, LG60 Overlord Confirmed

Postby Va'al » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:40 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In other news from Takara Tomy, this time about the Transformers Legends line, we have confirmation thanks to site sponsor TFSource that the Clone Autobot set, Blitzwing, and Overlord from the Titans Return line will see their Japanese release as LG-58, LG-59, and LG-60!

Again, we still have no images for the three listings, but prices in USD will be approximately 35, 55, and 90.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Insurgent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 am

Do we know if the clones will be all 4, the Cloudraker/Wingspan pack or a Pounce/Fastlane pack?
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 am

Insurgent wrote:Do we know if the clones will be all 4, the Cloudraker/Wingspan pack or a Pounce/Fastlane pack?

We do not, but considering it's called 'clone set' rather than 'destron clone set' or 'cybertron clone set', I'm gonna assume it's all four.

Hey so disregard all that, the listing is actually for a "Clone BOT" set, so it's just Cloudraker and Fastlane for now.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Insurgent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 am

Hhhmmmmm...... I'll be keeping an eye on that, if I can't find hasbro Pounce and Fastlane for a proper price.

EDIT: Hhmhmmmmmm..... I'll be keeping an eye on that, if I can't find hasbro Fastlane for a proper price.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 am

Honestly, with Takara releasing the clones like this, I'd fully expect Hasbro's Pounce and Fastlane to fall dramatically in price on ebay.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Insurgent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 am

I hope so. That would be perfect.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Burn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
psssst. Insurgent! Your sig is a wee bit large there mate! :wink:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:28 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:So did I imagine that Blitzwing will be a part of the Legends line? :???: I guess when I read about Octane I simply assumed but I guess I was wrong...? #-o :VEHI:

It would be shocking if they didn't do him eventually since the previous figure was from the Generations line. I think the only reason why Octane happened first was because of Trypticon. I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the year for a 2018 release.

Emerje

That's some clairvoyance you got Emerje! :BOWDOWN: My sincere thanks! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 am

So, I'd like to draw everyone's attention towards the prices.

-As presumably a set of two Legends figures, we don't have a direct comparison for the Clone Bots at 36 USD; but it seems to be consistent and sensible alongside, say, Bumblebee at 20 USD.

-At 55 USD, Blitzwing is the same price as Octane and Broadside -- both of whom came with extras. We could be seeing a Titan Master vehicle or even a new Titan Master alongside him.

-Of most note is Overlord at 90 USD. As this price is nowhere near Ginrai's 130, we can finally put to rest that there won't be overly major changes -- it is higher than Sixshot's 80 and Blaster's 85 though, so make of that what you will. Probably accounts for a second and maybe third Titan Master.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Insurgent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:31 am

Burn wrote:psssst. Insurgent! Your sig is a wee bit large there mate! :wink:

Sorry. Been so long since I changed sigs, I forgot there were limits. And I only changed it because Photobucket decided to be greedy. I'll figure out a way to get my old one back later.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:02 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Ginrai's original price on tfsource was $95 I believe. They most likely sold out, got a few extra in and then jacked up the price because they knew people would be desperate to get him. There could be more to their overlord but we won't know until he's revealed.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:So, I'd like to draw everyone's attention towards the prices.

-As presumably a set of two Legends figures, we don't have a direct comparison for the Clone Bots at 36 USD; but it seems to be consistent and sensible alongside, say, Bumblebee at 20 USD.

-At 55 USD, Blitzwing is the same price as Octane and Broadside -- both of whom came with extras. We could be seeing a Titan Master vehicle or even a new Titan Master alongside him.

-Of most note is Overlord at 90 USD. As this price is nowhere near Ginrai's 130, we can finally put to rest that there won't be overly major changes -- it is higher than Sixshot's 80 and Blaster's 85 though, so make of that what you will. Probably accounts for a second and maybe third Titan Master.

The US prices wont give us the best comparisons since we arnet taking into account the change in exchange during that time. It wasnt put in our news but here are the prices in yen

Compare those to Octane and Jinra
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

And take into account the small tax amiami adds, you now notice that Overlord has the exact same MSRP as Ginrai.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:43 am

Well shoot, we're gonna get a badass Overlord :D
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JAN230642 4E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230389 4C (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230459 7K (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr M 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230290 3M (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr F Dynamite Comics Disney JAN230643 4F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 NOV230034 116B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230359 109B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr G 1:50 Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220379 2G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr ZB 1:10 FOC B&W Dynamite Comics 2023 DEC228478 3ZB (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #54 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUL200906 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr P 1:40 Dynamite Comics JUN230675 2P Danino 230906A"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR #116 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV230038 116F Power Rangers 240123A"
MMPR #116 Cvr F 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr H 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230264 12H (CA) Kambadais"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 BSE var Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT230187 (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #1 BS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON